Old 08-16-2004, 12:35 PM   #331  
LucyKitty

Hey everybody... Had a good week, here, but now I'm a little more worried about our chickies that live way in the south, as in Jennifer and Jaymi and anybody else down there!!! *hugs* I hope you guys are both okay and that everything is okay at home!!!!

Anyhoo, I'm holding steady at around 173 at the moment (because we celebrated a couple times last week and i had a few coffees on some early mornings). Happy about that!

Pretty tired today, so I'll probably update later chickies. And I'll read all the entries after my nap.
lameducklucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 09:22 PM   #332  
"workin' on my fitness"

Height: 5'10"

Hey chickies! I'm home!

Met Mom today in Bradenton- almost had to reschedule Girl's Day at the Salon, which had been planned for nearly a month. Yikes! Everyone is safe after Hurricane Charley. My in laws, the ones who lost everything in Hurricane Andrew in 1992, also got hit by this one. They can't win. Luckily they only had the outer edge. They were without water, power, and phone until 11:15 last night. I called them today, since I was already on the roads, and I had to come back south, and east...if they were still without power & water, I was going to bring them anything they needed. I did pass through Punta Gorda & Port Charlotte on I-75 to get to my mom. I took a few pics with a disposable camera- it was just carnage. I don't know how you pick up the pieces & start all over again....it was such a humbling sight.

Anyhow, here's the bad news- well, not that bad, but still bad for me! Since I got my hair chemically treated, I can't wash it until Thursday morning. Eeeek! That sucks, because then I can't do my full workout, because my hair drips sweat, and I have a funny feeling I'd look & smell pretty skanky if I couldn't do anything with my hair. I might "cheat" a little bit & do it Wednesday, because otherwise, there's almost a whole week shot.

Lucy- how's work?

Lisa- how's the toe?

Jaymi- were you & your family safe from the storm?

Julie- hope you had a great time camping!

And other chickies...hope you're doing well even if you are missing in action.
**Jennifer** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 12:18 PM   #333  

Height: 5 foot

Hello everyone! Well today I got in 45 minutes of Denise Austin…. I haven’t eaten breakfast yet…. I only ate a few pieces of watermelon. Now I just gotta drink water.. too bad watermelon doesn’t count!
I just have a lot of cleaning up and straightening up to do. If it doesn’t rain…. Which It looks like it will, I might take the kids to the park, or the pool. I’m in a pretty ok mood today. But I usually am when my dh starts acting up… I’m not going to let it affect me this time.. I’m just going to start ignoring him… because my fuse is way too short.. I’m always the max! I can be sitting here all happy, and then he could do one little thing and I can go to kill mode! But I’ve always had a temper like that. I’ve been real good at controlling it though…

Let’s see, I cleaned up all last night… the clean up challenge I did got me pretty fired up! It doesn’t look like I did anything… but I did wash about 3 loads of clothes, and I iron… actually IRONED… a whole lot of clothes.. I re-arranged furniture, made up the beds… which I hardly ever do! I was supposed to cook chicken fajitas, but they just ate left-overs and I heated me up a turkey patty and some mixed veggies… But I can’t hide the oatmeal cookies I ate… so that pretty much messed things up! But U guess It could have been worse! So that’s what I did except for exercise during my daughter’s nap.

It seems like for some reason a lot people are starting to slow down in exercising and staying on plan and stuff. I wonder if it has anything to do with summer ending and Winter starting! I refuse to be fat this Christmas and for my birthday.. If I am just sitting in the house for them.. I want to be comfortable in my own skin. I want to be able to eat FOOD for Thanksgiving an not be sitting there watching everyone else eat! I refuse to go backwards… I realize now that my loss won’t be as fast as before.. And I shouldn’t even focus on my lbs.. Except for if they go up! I should focus on my measurements.. And focus on my efforts… When I first started here at 3fc I had given up.. Then I went into overdrive…and did everything right.. Would be so down on myself if I miss 1 day of exercise… or only exercised once a day instead of two… I think I just tired myself out… Worked too hard.. I’m going to put the same amount of effort into it with attitude.. But not try to kill myself with exercise. I’m going to focus on my effectiveness of the exercises and not the amount of time spent doing them. I think that will work better for me. Well time is flying by and I need to get some more stuff done while my daughter is calmly watching Blue’s Clues!!!

Jenn- I'm glad you were safe from the storm... We went to Ga and had a mini-vacation. There's no damage here, just a lot of trees and stuff down.. but a lot things around here are landscaped.. so no real damage.

Lucy- You've been a stranger! You better email me chick!!! I want to know what's going on with ya!

Everyone else.. where are ya!! Check in let me know how you all are doing!?!?
Jaymi_Dol_78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 03:26 PM   #334  
i luv my dog!

Default Just checking in

Hi fellow challengers. I'm still here and still participating in the Labor Day Challenge!! So far for the challenge I've met 50% of my weight loss goal (10 pounds) for 5 lbs lost and only three weeks to lose five more...YIKES.

Weekend before last I was on a traveling trip weekend with eating out and hanging out for three days. When I got home on Sunday night and got on the scale I almost had a heart attack! I waited until Monday morning to check again (which is my usual weigh day anyhow) and it said I was up 4 pounds. ACK -- four pounds in three days. I can see how it happend though, too much bread, cheese and snacking. I was really bummed, but as the week progressed and I was back to eating the right stuff again the scale slowly inched downward. By the end of the week it was back to where it was before the trip. Yesterday's weight check was the same as two weeks ago, thankfully, but that means I lost a week toward goal.

For the next three weeks I will be refocusing my efforts to move those numbers downward. I WANT TO MAKE GOAL!! We all want to make goal, girlies, and WE CAN DO IT

Catch you chickies later...
a broad abroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 07:31 PM   #335  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Default Back from Camping

Well girls...I am back and ready to hit the scales and anything else that gets in my way between now and Labor Day! Gosh darn it...it's crunch time!!!

You'd all be proud of me with my exercise this past weekend! I made it a point to exercise before I left on Friday (2 miles) and again Friday night when we got tot he campground (2 miles), Saturday 2 miles and Sunday 2 miles! I also rode my bike a couple of times, but it didn't really count toward exercise since it was only a couple of miles and NOT strenouous at all! And...I was eating really good until Sunday night...had to have a Margarita...and another, and another!!! They were good, but I have been feeling the effects ever since! UGH! Not sure what I was thinking! Not thinking, apparently! So, yesterday I had the great idea to buy some ice cream! And ate two bowls of it! UGH! All my efforts lost in alcohol and Margaritas! Not good!
No exercise today, still feeling kind of sluggish and I won't tell you what I ate today because it's not pretty! This is why I am ready for tomorrow to begin!!!!

Goals for tomorrow: Hit the carpet walking early for at least 2 miles with WATP and bring a lunch, eat a breakfast and stay on plan!!! Drink water, too!

Glad all you Southern chickies are doing ok! I was worried about you all weekend! Lucy, I'm glad you checked in...thought maybe Charley swept you away, too! Work going well? Feet still alive?

Gotta run for tonight girls! Hope all is well and that Hump Day brings us all a little closer to where we want to be.

Remind me to tell you about a dream I had about myself (I looked GOOD!) last night/this morning!

Hugs!
Julie
hikein2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 10:39 PM   #336  
FullTime Domestic Goddess

Default I'm sorry!

Sorry everyone - I have probably been the least motivator in the challenge lately! But, I am actually in a really motivated mood, and I am ready to make some changes! I got all excited talking to Jennifer about the WATP videos, and I am going on eBay to buy some for me!!! This is my present to myself. For the first time EVER, I am going to have 3 morning a week for myself. My kids are off to school and to preschool! So, I thought about joining the local Curves, and I have decided instead that I am going to invest some money in some videos - I can't wait.

I can't do this without you all, and that's the truth. I want to get this weight off in the worst way!!! My SIL is on a mission too, and I just can't let her beat me !!! LOL!!! Gosh, my pants are too tight, and that makes me feel just awful!! I am almost afraid to weigh in. Tomorrow is my official weigh-in though, and I will post my weight! (Did I just type that??) I am going to drink the water, move my butt, and eat like a normal human should!!!

Jaymi- I'm with ya!! I choose not to be overweight at Christmas! I have a birthday coming up, and I would like to be a good bit slimmer by then! Let's do this thing together, o.k.??!!

Jennifer - Who was it that you kept having these exercise agreements with a while back? Was it Lyn?? O.K. let's do that for each other - We promise each other that we will exercise and hold each other to it!!

Julie - I have missed you!!! I am so proud of you for exercising! You make me look bad!!! Can you help me get motivated?

Lucy - HI!!! How are ya girl??? I miss you!!!!!

Rysa - Get your butt back here!! I miss you!!! I need you to be my partner in this!!! Come back immediately!!!
lisa girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 10:42 PM   #337  

Just wanted to see if that would post!! Having some computer difficulties!

To continue...

A broad - You rock!! You are doing awesome! I mean it - what a terrrific job!

Guys, I will be here TOMORROW!! Gotta get some rest....
Old 08-18-2004, 07:15 AM   #338  
motomom

Default Too late Weds!

It's a bit late for me to now exercise. We all had a little trouble getting to sleep last night around here so it was a late morning. DD is stil sleeping and I need to go get a shower and then get one for her and then scoot our butts out the door!

Lisa...THIS is the day, girl! We can do this together. Let's set a goal to exercise, say 5 times before next Weds (that's one week). Can you manage that? I sure can! Now as far as the eating goes...I am going to try the "no sugar" thing (except for my Zone bars) for a week! UGH! Can I start today? Of course I can! I will exercise tonight when I get home! 2 Miles at least! How about you???? Tell me about your food difficulties if any....

The rest of you join in here will you???
Old 08-18-2004, 11:33 AM   #339  

I am sorry to say I'm a quitter - but I wanted to say thanks to everyone who supported me. Lisa, especially, thank you - you were a fabulous motivator, and I'm flattered that you missed me.

Unfortunately, the on-line bulletin board format is not working for me - I just don't have time to check in, and with school starting it will only get worse. I hope you all meet all of your goals and have wonderful successes.

I may join an e-mail based support group as I have to make time to check e-mail to contact clients and students, but I'm afraid (as you've all seen) I just never have time to read through posts here.

Hugs to all, positive weight loss vibes and sincere apologies for quitting,
Rysa
Rysa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 11:36 AM   #340  

Default It's Wednesday!!!!

Julie - Yes, I can get in 5 exercise times before next Wed. I am making an official promise to you that I will do this! I am having a hard time in the mornings, though. I have to jump up and practically dress every family member, get breakfast for everybody, pick out DH's tie....it just goes on and on. To get up early enough to exercise, I would have to be up at 6 a.m. sharp.....but I just might have to bite the bullet and do it! Tried waiting yesterday, and then by the time I cooked supper, cleaned up, helped 7 yr old with homework, gave baths......I was literally shaking I was so tired by 10:30 last night! And, don't get me wrong, I am not complaining!!! I love my life, but I don't think I am managing my time the best way! Hmmm....what do you think??? And, as for food, well, I think I am going to do WW. It's the ONLY thing that I think I can stick to! And so far today I have done really well!!!
TODAY IS THE DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alright, I have got to run pick up my babies from preschool, and then I will check back in later on to report my exercise success story for today .

((((hugs!!!!)))) to everybody!!
Old 08-18-2004, 11:40 AM   #341  

Height: 5 foot

Hello Everyone! I got off to a late start today too! I have a doctors appt to go to for 1:30, I need to leave here at 1 to get there, and It will take me from now til 1 to get ready! Kids… Anyways I didn’t do that bad yesterday on my eating… I have no idea how many calories I had though… Chicken fajitas?!? I only ate one.. So I figure not too bad. I had this sauce in it.. And it did have some regular cheese in it… ( I totally forgot). But still couldn’t have been that bad. Until… I woke up in the middle of the night.. Twice and ate about 4 oatmeal (iced) cookies. Oh well, today is a new day.. I havent exercised yet.. But I will do at least 30 minutes when I get home.. Boy I’ve went from exercising for 2 hrs a day, to barely getting in 30 minutes.. But it’s better than nothing though!

Julie~ Glad you’re back and on track! You sound so motivated!!! Count me in! …of course… I’m going to really do this one!

A Broad~ You are doing awesome on your challenge… 50% there is great!! Congrats!! Keep up the good work!

Lisa~ You sound great also! I like that! I want to order some more tapes off of Amazon.com myself! Maybe next week! Oh no.. you got me started!! We can do this together… loosen those pants up and get to moving… right!

Elisha, Jenn, Lucy, Rysa, anyone else that I missed.. Come on… let’s get this challenge moving! I’m ready.. Are you!

Anyways I gotta go now, but I hope everyone’s day is going well! Later chicks!
Jaymi_Dol_78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 09:03 PM   #342  
"workin' on my fitness"

Height: 5'10"

Hey chickies! 2 super busy days at the office, and since I can wash my hair tomorrow morning, (48 hours after my processing) I caught up on exercise today. Did 3 miles WATP after work, had dinner (chickarina soup & kool aid with Splenda) and now I'm going to do upper body weights while I watch the olympics. These athletes are sure an inspiration...I know that I'd like the upper body of a swimmer, and the legs of a gymnast...and the attitude, for sure.

To feel like I can do anything, and have my body be able to do it. That's why I'm doing this. I want to feel that rush.

Off to do upper body stuff & I'll be sure to check in bright & early in the morning!
**Jennifer** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 09:20 PM   #343  
motomom

Default Having a BAD night!!!

Just a quick check in to let you all know that some days it's so not worth even coming home!!! GRRRRR!!! I feel like such a ***** and I didn't even do anything and now all I want to do is eat something that tastes really good! And there's ice cream in the freezer!!!! UGH!!!!

Sorry, just needed to vent a bit. No exercise today, but will try again tomorrow! I forgot that I took Kaleigh for her first Horse lesson tonight and we got home late, ate and it was time for her bed. I am in no mood to exercise tonight...too pissed off at everything! Wow! I really am a *****!

So anyway...that's it for now. Will check in in the morning AFTER I exercise! Help!!!!!
Old 08-18-2004, 09:28 PM   #344  

Julie, sorry about your bad night! It's o.k., we are all entitled to get "*****y"! As for tomorrow, could you please do an exercise session?? Pretty please?? Because I have a tazer pointed at you chickie!! Although, I don't think I will take you on in your present mood ! LOL! ONLY TEASING!! Anyway, I hope you get up feeling super!!!! I mean that!!

Jennifer - Could you tell me about this chickarina soup?? I love soup! WTG on the exercise!!

Jaymi - I am counting on you! Let's both exercise tomorrow!! Come on! We can do this!!!! Hope your day went well, and you Dr. appt. went well!!

Gotta grab a shower! I went outside and walked for 15 min. and then had to come right back in because my son had a bad nose bleed. And, then I settled everyone and did the 2 mile WATP!!! Go!! Plus, I drank a major amount of water today - over 64 oz., which is a lot for me!!! Woo Hoo!!! Off to a good start!!!
Old 08-19-2004, 08:17 AM   #345  

Default Thursday exercise...

Just got finished with my WATP 2 mile this morning! I feel so good - I just can't believe how good! My plan is to do some toning later on, and then do an outside walk this evening - even if the walk ends up being 15 min. like last night! We have a big and flat yard in the front that is next to my SIL's house, which also has a big flat wooded space with a little "track", and I will just pop out the front door and walk there! My friends are all joining health clubs, and I have chosen not to. Instead, I am focusing on the WATP tapes. It is convenient for me. Somebody was telling me that they just "cant exercise at home". Well, I personally feel that a person is either going to exercise or not exercise. Gym memberships feel new and people tend to go more at first. I think the same thing happens when you get new videos!! I'm not knocking gyms!! My MIL is doing terrific - Terrific! - at Curves. She loves it and goes faithfully. I don't have the money for that right now.

O.K., who is with me today?? Jennifer? Julie? Jaymi? ABroad? Lucy? Let's jump start this challenge and take it up a notch!!! I feel ready!! Let's all post and tell about our water intake, exercise and/or toning routine. Plus, if anyone has a neat new recipe that is healthy, let's try sharing those on Thursdays and Fridays! Getting new recipes really motivates me!! Or, if you have a neat quote or something, let's bring those too!!! We CAN do this. There's so much in my life right now that I have no control over. Some of those things have brought me great heartbreak. But, I CAN CONTROL my eating and exercise. By just doing a bit at a time, I can chip away at this fat. Am I busy?? OMG - it's a zoo here! And I know how that feels!! I left the dishes in the sink last night and did my exercise. They waited on me! Anyway, just rambling on here.....

Hope you all have a terrific OP day!!! (((hugs)))