Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2011, 06:48 PM   #151  
SARGE

S/C/G: 224.5/ticker/165

Height: 5'11"

Ruh-roh Scooby Doo...only 73% of goal and waiting on only 5 privates to check in (and that includes the 2 lb immunity awarded this week)!

Gonna be a tough week in Sarge's House of Pain this coming week! Better get your shut eye while you can!
Old 08-21-2011, 07:30 PM   #152  
Writer. Often pantsless.

Height: 5'7

lost: 4.2
maintenance poundage
52 miles
Old 08-21-2011, 07:32 PM   #153  
just do it!

S/C/G: 269/150/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokeycactus View Post
maintenance poundage
52 miles
This makes me so happy!!
Old 08-21-2011, 07:35 PM   #154  
Writer. Often pantsless.

Height: 5'7

Sarge - I love when you tell us you'll be off base and then you pop up outta nowhere. You're always watching...

Reso - I'm here. I may have finally had a breakthrough (lost some serious weight this week while eating 2k calories a day). I'll keep you posted. I hope you're doing well!

MadamB - I'm just now catching up on posts from last night - you posting under the influence is HILARIOUS

Skinny - Every time I read your posts, I just laugh and laugh. You have a great sense of humor.

ETA: Thanks Peanutt! I might have finally figured it out...once again, thanks for your advice on eating more. That's the magic bullet!

I hope everyone else is having a pleasant Sunday.

Last edited by pokeycactus; 08-21-2011 at 07:37 PM.
Old 08-21-2011, 07:51 PM   #155  
MELTIN' MY BUTT-ER BUNS

S/C/G: 199.6/139.4/135-140

Height: 5' 4.5"

Quote: lost: 4.2
maintenance poundage
52 miles

This makes me SOOOOOOO HAPPY TOO!!!

Last edited by MadamButterfly; 08-21-2011 at 08:20 PM.
Old 08-21-2011, 07:57 PM   #156  
Suck it up, buttercup!

S/C/G: 237/165/165

Height: 5'8"

@Anon - same here. Somehow slacking a bit at running. But I will get back to it right now!!

@chick - great loss!

@abejune - welcome!

@peanutt - are you in love with your treadmill yet?

@celrae - Nice, I like that skinny comment! I still have to wrap my head around the fact that I am not that huge person anymore. People apparently look at me and see somebody fairly normal now. I still don't get that.

@diyana - get well soon!!!

@kuri - I agree with MadameB. Who cares what others think/say? I highly doubt anybody will say anything but if they do, just think in a few weeks/months you will be fitter than they are and feel great!! Who is laughing then? You will be running by them and they will go "WTF? How did she do that?" Kind of like Reso's story. People are surprised and inspired.

@Reso - Wow, what a story! I should really bookmark your post for times when I need a serious butt kick! Not that Sarge can't do that...

@pokey - fantastic loss! Congrats!

I feel great about my loss today. Woohoo! And I through two more jeans out and a shirt. Ha ha! Pants on the ground!! I am on a roll :-)
We went to the lake today just chillin'. It was very hot finally!! We brought some blueberries and peaches and watched people boating on the lake. Very relaxing.
I have tomorrow off so I plan on an early run in the morning and pilates & weights at night.
Old 08-21-2011, 08:10 PM   #157  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokeycactus View Post
maintenance poundage
52 miles
gotta agree with peanutt and goomaster....THIS IS AWESOME!!! way to go!!
Old 08-21-2011, 08:18 PM   #158  

S/C/G: 250/192/140

Height: 5' 6"

UrtWurm:
We are all different. I haven't seen TOM in a long time. As someone in the menopause phase with approx. 10 years of hot flashes, I can attest to the fact that hormonal levels and reactions are individual and we don't all get the same symptoms or get them at the same level or duration. Suggest weighing in early in the morning, around the same time & after a trip to the bathroom.

DZackery;
Glad your dog is better!

kittyKat:
Happy Belated Birthday! How wonderful to have a personal trainer! Keep up the good work!

Wecome Mozley

chickadee32:
How wonderful to shop for smaller clothes - always a mood elevator.

DIYANA:
Take care. Hope you fully recover from the broncitis and asthma soon.

KURISITARU:
Don't waste any time in your life worrying about what others think about you running, working out, etc. It doesn't matter - we can never please everyone. We just need to do what is best for our own well being. I was silly enough to worry about such things in my younger years - now I could care less.

RESO:
Good rationalization!
Your quote: "Every day when i get home and prepare for my walk i tell myself " just one more time ", i don't think about anything but doing what needs to be done at that moment, seems to help me mentally."
Thanks for sharing your wisdom! I also use the strategy to buy smaller sizes to shrink into them (usually clearance or sale items online)

RATED:
Rainbowsmiles gave you some good advice about your menu options for eating out. I ate out a couple of weeks ago and ended up making some good choices (mahi mahi fish, grilled veggies and a veggie soup). It can take some effort to find the better options. You are wise to look at the menu in advance. Sometimes I think about bring my own salad dressing, as many restaurants don't offer much in low calorie options. Sometimes, you can use a little of the regular salad dressing they offer and ask for some vinegar to add to it.

Naughty

Last edited by munchey; 08-21-2011 at 08:26 PM.
Old 08-21-2011, 08:28 PM   #159  
Tactless but Honest :)

S/C/G: 188/178.6/140

Height: 5'4''

W...T...H~! Ok so I realize that since I reached the "I'm relieved that Poncho won't be dying this week" that my eating has picked up a bit *it's what I do* <~~~NO SARGE. IT'S NOT AN EXCUSE...IT'S A FACT and I will work on that. However!.....1.4 pounds in 2 days is a bit much.

SO!...I am currently on my way to put the last kid to bed *School starts tomorrow...Woot Woot!* and then I am off to put in a few miles of night running. *Snarl!*

PS..Poncho ate solid food tonight. So far so good. Bday party went great. Thanks to those who sent positive energy my way.

I'll check in later.
Old 08-21-2011, 08:57 PM   #160  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

chickadee just thinking about u and wanted to send some hugs!!
Old 08-21-2011, 09:10 PM   #161  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Kuri - I'm not much taller than you and I weigh A LOT more. I used to be self conscious at the gym....but I decided my health is way too important to let what anyone thinks of me and my obesity deter me. I skake my flab on the treadmill, in Zumba class, even in the water aerobics. There were a few fit people who gave me looks of disdain at first....not anymore. You have every right to be there. Go for it. Work out proudly.
Old 08-21-2011, 09:16 PM   #162  

Height: 5'5"

?/pledge 1/miles updated

Some awesome losses posted. Congrats peanutt, chickadee and Dzack!

Unfortunately I don't have a scale here, but I've done pretty well this week. I got stuck in the Long Beach airport on the way to Utah for 2 days. Airport food is not the greatest, ESPECIALLY for vegetarians, but luckily I packed an entire bag full of fruit and bars and healthy snacks. What I should have packed was my running shoes so I could get a run in. Then when I flew in it was just go go go all the time shopping for last minute wedding things, crafting, babysitting and dealing with emergencies. My sister's cake broke in HALF the day before the wedding, AND her MIL tried to steam her dress (!?!) and it started to fall apart the day of the wedding. I swear, it was like a movie or something. Luckily everything came together in the end, and it was a beautiful ceremony. The dancing was pretty great, too

But, to my relief, the smaller sized dress I ordered FIT and I got a lot of compliments on how great I looked. So much fun, and I felt great.

Jeanetty, I just read it but I liked your challenge so much that I'm trying it out tomorrow instead. I'm always glad for more creative workout ideas

Sarge, no need to sit out this week's mid-week challenge. I plan on giving you a run for your money!

Kuri, sometimes I still don't feel like going out and running in front of people, but after 5 minutes you don't even notice anymore. Running is just so much fun, and working out outside is always better, in my opinion. Heck, I even see people doing karate and yoga in the park all the time, all types of people.

Hope everyone is taking full advantage of the weekend!
Old 08-21-2011, 09:16 PM   #163  
Tactless but Honest :)

S/C/G: 188/178.6/140

Height: 5'4''

Boo Yah! 3 miles in 30 minutes! I should have went further. I was really enjoying myself but I live in the woods and it was kinda dark and creepy. But...I feel much better now.
Old 08-21-2011, 09:23 PM   #164  

S/C/G: 250/192/140

Height: 5' 6"

CONGRATULATION TO EVERYONE ON THEIR ACCOMPLISHMENTS!

A NEW WEEK BRINGS NEW OPPORTUNITIES! RIGHT SARGE

__________________________________________________ __________
I had a good day today. Got to the park with Becca the Devil Dog and got in an hour of walking and the knees held up.

I'm setting a mid-term goal for myself: Get to one-der-land by 9-25-11 (199 or less)

Munchey

Last edited by munchey; 08-21-2011 at 09:24 PM.
Old 08-21-2011, 09:44 PM   #165  

Height: 5' 8"

When I took my son to his ref. clinic this morning in Pittsburgh, I decided to grab a cup of coffee before heading home. I ended up wondering into Gothem City...complete with snow! They are filming the newest batman movie in town. When I went to pick my son up, I brought my girls and we all had a blast walking around Gothem City...and hearing the explosions for filming. We got a good look at the bat plane, and a taxi with a Gothem City licenese plate. The kids had fun playing in the snow and throwing snowballs in Aug! My son brought a snow ball home to save as a momento.

Reso - the cherries sound so good right now.

Ries - You are doing great! Keep on running!!!

Malli - Another C25Ker, wooohooo! Stay on your best behavior this week, get in as much movement as you can. Find something healthy and good to enjoy for your bday...you can do it!

Celrae - with out logging my food, I always start to gain. It now seems a small price to pay for my health and weightloss. Gotta love the skinny comment!

MadamB - Only 12

Chickadee - sounds like a great day shopping. I found myself some capris today.

Diyana - get better soon!!!

Rated - way to plan ahead.

PacSun - You can do it...Onderland here you come!

Raimbowsmiles - Just gotta tell ya that I am wearing my cute new black/white sundress to a babyshower on Friday! It is the first time in over 15 years that I am wearing something that does not cover my arms to a social event.

Kuri and Celrae - DO IT! C25K is amazing. Honestly, a little over 1 year ago I would have sworn that I could not run...now I am getting ready for a 1/2 marathon.

POKEY!!!! Super happy for you!!!

Josey - The lake sounds wonderful...and fresh fruit too! Don't ya love getting rid of clothes that are too big. I am taking another stack to St. Vincent De Pauls tomorow.

Munchey - your post make me smile!

Dzack - glad poncho is getting better. It is great that the bday party went well. W T H about the weight is right! How much sodium did you consume? You need a virtual kick in the pants for that one.
That was a great run! I get a little creeped out while jogging in the dark...sometimes the deer scare me almost as much as I scare them.

Joyful - I am so glad the dress fit! WTH was your sisters MIL thinking!!! I would have been super stressed.

Sarge - I hope you had a great time off base!

Last edited by envelope; 08-21-2011 at 10:12 PM.
Closed Thread