Old 05-22-2011, 07:48 PM   #226  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

Evening ladies,

I hope everyone enjoyed the day!

Emme - It is a buyers market out here. Unfortunately there are so many foreclosures. I'm glad you're feeling better and was able to stay OP yesterday. Hopefully, you be back 100% soon. Take care.

Riestrella - Hang in there and hopefully you'll soon have a break through.

Penguin - Glad you're feeling better too. It's good that you're taking your measurements too and can see that you've made progress there. Hang in there and hopefully the scale will go down soon.

Kim - I hope you had a great Sunday too! You have been doing an awesome job and I can't wait to see where you are at the end of the month.

I had a good day. Took a rest from exercise today but will be back at it tomorrow.

My menu for today:

25 pts daily
10 bonus pts leftover

B: melon (2pts) coffee w/skim milk & creamer (2pts)
Late Lunch: Salmon (4pts) creamed spinach (3pts) 2 100 cal snack cakes (4pts)
S: melon (1pt) sf cappuchino (3pts) Special K snack protien bar (2pts) SF Eskimo bar (4pts)

Last edited by GettinFit; 05-22-2011 at 07:51 PM.
GettinFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 07:53 PM   #227  
~Kim~

Evening Ladies, hope everyone had a great weekend.

So I did some thinking today and I've decided to make a few changes with my plan. I've decided that from now on I'm going to take Saturday and Sunday off from exercise. I feel more fatigued lately and I'm thinking an extra day will help, plus the weekends are more busy and it will just be easier if I don't have to try to fit exercise in on Saturday.

I've also decided for the rest of the month I'm not going to count my calories and carbs. I think I've gotten to the point where I don't really need to. I pretty much eat the same things all the time anyway. I don't want to count calories the rest of my life and the sooner I learn to just eat the right amounts all the time the easier it should be. Plus not having to count will make me feel less like I'm on a diet and more like it's just plain life. For now I think I'll be fine, when my weightloss slows down in the future I can always start counting again.

So my new goals will be:

Eat on plan foods daily.
100+oz of water.
Exercise, weekends Rest days.

22nd ~ No exercise, rest day. Ate on plan. 114oz water.
TooManyDimples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 06:00 AM   #228  
Picking Myself back up

Height: 5'6 1/2

Good Morning All..
im up ready for work..
I am going to start following a plan as of today..
5x a week at least 30min excerise
Max 1600 calories
10-16 cups ofwater a day!

At least for a week, and see if it makes a differnce on the scale!

KIM! Good luc on the new plan!!!
Everyone have a GREAT week!
Grace73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 09:20 AM   #229  
I am in control.

Height: 5'9

Friday & Kim ~ Those sound like some great goals!

GettinFit ~ I have to confess that I had cheese fries last night. I was OP yesterday until we were driving home from a 2-hour trip and I decided I didn't want to cook dinner, so we stopped somewhere...I almost made it the whole weekend, but not quite...hope you did better than I did!
Emme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 10:24 AM   #230  
Stay Focused & Committed

Good morning ladies,

Kim - I like your idea of not counting calories. I can't wait 'til I reach that point where I don't need to track or write anything down. You are so right as this will be a way of eating for life. I wish you much success.

Friday - I hope the scale is good to you this week.

Emme - I have a confession too. After I posted last night, I ended up using my remaining bonus points for snacks. I had a bag of Pop chips (3 servings total) and 4 dark chocolates Even though I have those extra points, I don't like to use them on junk food. Today I am being very strict. I still think we did okay over the weekend. 1 slip up doesn't mean we blew the weekend.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 05-23-2011, 10:28 AM   #231  
Stay Focused & Committed

Default Today's Journal

Monday 5/23 Journal
25 pts
35 Bonus Available

B: melon (1 pt) skim milk (2pts) coffee (2pts)
L: Salmon (3pts) creamed spinach (2pts) squash (0pts) 1 dk choc (1pt)
S: mandarin (1pt) Special K protien bar (2pts) yogurt (2pts)
D: Salad w/turkey & feta (4pts) WW Mousse bar (2pts)
Exercise: Firm
Old 05-23-2011, 10:36 AM   #232  
I am in control.

I think we did ok, too...like you said, one slip up doesn't mean out entire weekend is completely shot. Good way to look at it! And it's cool that your food was still part of your points!
Old 05-23-2011, 12:55 PM   #233  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Today we took April <--- to the vet for her checkup from her ACL surgery. We dropped her off, they sedated her, and xrayed her leg and made sure all is well and she is healing correctly. Now her physical therapy starts, meaning we get to take her on short walks, buidling up strength in her leg. Poor dog is doing well but is a little loop-y
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 01:30 PM   #234  
I am in control.

Penguin ~ Your poor doggie We have always loved dogs and our hearts always go out to them. Our last dog, Bear, had one eye and eventually went blind at the end of his life and then got cancer, and our newest dog, Jasper, was adopted with heartworm and the treatments to cure him almost killed him. I hate seeing animals suffer. I'm glad April is healing well -- she's lucky to have such good parents!

Last edited by Emme; 05-23-2011 at 01:30 PM.
Old 05-23-2011, 03:46 PM   #235  

I did 33min of Total Body weights from the Supreme 90 set.

Poor dog is still loopy.

Emme, we adopted April as an adult from the Hum Soc. We'e been very happy with her, she's been very healthy dispite these leg/ACL issues. She's smart, obedient and a good friend.
Old 05-23-2011, 06:46 PM   #236  
~Kim~

Thanks everyone. I really think I'm going to like not recording everything. I'm still measuring out my normal serving sizes and all so it's pretty easy to know what my over all numbers probably are. It already feels less like a job if that makes any sense. =)

Penguin ~ Your poor pup. I'm glad to hear she's doing better and sounds like good progress.

Emme and GettinFit ~ It sounds like over all you both had a great weekend. Good for you!

Friday ~ Good luck with your plan!

Another good day today for me. =)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Daily Goals:
Eat on plan foods.
100+oz of water.
Exercise on weekdays.

22nd ~ No exercise, rest day. Ate on plan. 114oz water.
23rd ~ Kickboxing, 20 minute workout. Ate on plan. 140oz water.
TooManyDimples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 10:32 AM   #237  

While its not currently raining we have a 40% chance of rain, plus its so humid outside we have a heat index already. April is doing much better, we are able to give her a little more freedom and she's taking full advantage of it; Give her an inch and she takes a mile. I'm a little sore today, which I didn't really expect.
Old 05-24-2011, 12:08 PM   #238  
I am in control.

Wow, after today we only have one more week left of May! I can't believe how quickly this month has flown by! I hope everyone is having a good day. I am having a bottomless pit TOM hunger day, so I just have to keep slamming water.
Old 05-24-2011, 01:10 PM   #239  
Stay Focused & Committed

Good afternoon ladies,

I'm just now getting the chance to check in for the day.

Penguin - I'm glad April is doing better and that you're sticking to your plan.

Kim - I'm glad everthing is going good for you in not having to track. I'm hoping to get to that point too.

Emme - You're right, May flew by. Actually the year is flying by. That makes me more determined to stick to my program. When I go on my cruise in Nov., I want to be back in my size 14s (comfortably with some room to spare). That time will be here before I know it so I MUST stay OP everyday. Last year when I cruised, I was at my all time high and I was soooo miserable. I promised myself that I'd never let that happen again!

I've had a busy but good day. We had a welcome breakfast for a new employee and we had bagels, donuts & fruit. I stopped at Krispy Kreme to get the donuts and I'm happy to say I didn't touch one! In the past, I would have bought a couple extras to eat on my way to the office and would have had more at the office (I love love hot Krispy Kremes). I had 1 plain bagel with a smear of lite whipped cream cheese, some fruit & coffee. To make up for the bagel, for lunch I'm having a cuccumber & tomato. I feel so proud that I was able to resist the donuts.

I hope you all are having a wonderful Tuesday
Old 05-24-2011, 01:22 PM   #240  
Stay Focused & Committed

Default 5/24/11 Journal

Today's Journal
25 Pts
35 Bonus Pts Available

B: bagel (5pts) light cream cheese (1pts) fruit (1pt) coffee (3pts)
L: Cucumber & tomato w/vinegar (0pts) coffee (1pt)
S: 2small bananas (2pts) mandarin (.5 pt) string cheese (1pt)
D: Lean Gourmet (6pts) green beans (0pts)
Exercies: Firm

Last edited by GettinFit; 05-24-2011 at 01:22 PM.