Old 12-08-2010, 04:11 PM   #106  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Height: 5'3"

I've updated the list to reflect new starters and those who've already reached their monthly goal! Don't have time for personals, but I'm gonna hop on later for that. Happy losing!
Ms Perception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 07:20 PM   #107  
Joie de Vivre!!

S/C/G: 230/ticker/130

Height: 5'7"

I'm feeling a little better now. I -really- didn't want to work out today. I came very very close to making it a rest day. But at the last minute I thought "NO! At least try to workout and earn a restful evening after." So I made a super strong pot of coffee. Then I did Turbo Fire 45 EZ (it certainly isn't "ez" in my opinion ) and really pushed it.

Out of curiosity I weighed myself after my shower and was 171.8 and I feel a lot less bloated, so I'm guessing I sweated off some of the water retention. And my husband bought me dance dance revolution! It came today and I'm so excited. I've wanted a DDR game since I was 14 and played the arcade version with some friends. So that should help me burn a few more extra calories tonight.

I know I'm still going to need to be extra focused this week, but I'm less distressed about it. I'm SO glad I made myself workout!

Last edited by TheBunneh; 12-08-2010 at 08:34 PM.
TheBunneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 11:18 PM   #108  
Never ending story

S/C/G: 213/160/150

Height: 5'7.5"

Hey Chicklets, I've been sort of waiting out the disappearance of the extra pounds I put on over the weekend. I'm finally back to 149.8 this morning--under 150 is the goal for the entirety of December.

TheBunneh: good for you for making yourself do the exercise--that initial push is all it takes, and it can be so hard! I have been having a really tough time with just wanting to EAT all the time, and it's spanning the whole month so I can't even blame TOM.

Hopeful8:
sorry for your back trouble--I have back issues too, and know how bad that sucks. I wouldn't worry about your calories right now. I'm really close to goal too, and aside from the weight coming off more slowly, I am having trouble sticking to plan. I'm just going to do my best at sticking with my weight loss calories and attempt to maintain for the month. Then I will make the new year about getting to goal and figuring out my maintenance plan. Don't torture yourself--heal your back so you can keep up some healthy exercise, and remember that there is no race to get to goal. We have the rest of our lives to keep working on it!

Bobbolink: Excellent job! Will you start working on my four calories now?

ja2ma6lee: Welcome and good luck! Check in often.

susiemartin: Don't stop checking in--you know it helps you be good! Glad you made it back before it was too late. If we just get through these holidays, we can be back in action and sugar free in the new year. But don't stop coming back here no matter what!

Sorry not to get to everyone--I gotta wrap up and get to bed. Keep up the good work!
LouisaH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 09:15 AM   #109  

S/C/G: 199/ticker/132

Height: 5'1"

Noooo! Big long message, and the computer crashed. Technology fail.

Anyway, I'll try and re-create:

TERAPET - thanks for the support. Have decided just to build a great big ladder and get over myself - think TOM was not just making me stall but also be a misery. Have cracked the whip on logging and 45 mins/day exercise, and am back on track, and this a.m. down to 189 again. hurrah!

TheBunneh - amazed at your workout willpower! My mantra is 'you never regret a workout' and so far I never have. Didn't work this morning though when the bed was soooo cosy and our heating had broken!

JasonsLea - a workout partner? How cool! I need to get me one of those

Bobbolink - awesome work on reaching your goal so early! Congratulations!

susiemartin - I love the idea about checking in every day - I think I want to start doing that too. Help me stay accountable!! I'll look out for you

So, with that in mind:

Daily check in
Dec 7 - w: 190 cals: 1314

Thanks guys!!

X

Last edited by shoeless; 12-10-2010 at 04:13 AM.
shoeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 09:55 AM   #110  
Veteren Newbie

S/C/G: 230/230/150

Height: 67"

Had a set back in my food plan since late last night. I ate three cookies last night that were not on my plan for the day (putting my over my calorie limit by 260 calories)...then, to make matters worse, I gave into chocolate again this morning with a 3 musketeers bar. Not over my calorie count for the day as of yet, but I don't like that I've become so week in the past 16 hours. I have realised my mistakes, and have already devised a new food and fitness plan for the day to get back on track with this weeks' plan. Wish me luck, and hopefully I'll have better will power and more common sense than to sabotage myself further.

Dec 2010 mini goal 1: 8/15 lbs {193 pounds by 1 Jan 2011}
Dec 2010 mini goal 2: 683/1200 cardio
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 10:37 AM   #111  
Joie de Vivre!!

LouisaH and shoeless - Thanks. It goes to show that when I remove "can't" from my thinking and resolve to just do my best, I almost always surpass my expectations for myself. It often really is just about switching my internal dialogue to something positive. I need to remember that more often.

Demona - Don't let the little slip up derail you. It happens from time to time. Just get right back on track. I know you can do it!

TOM finally arrived, so hopefully things will get easier as the week wears on, and then back to normal. I was expecting my water weight to be back this morning, but surprise I was 170.8! I'm not holding my breath for it to stay, but it was still nice to see. I'm not going to update my ticker until TOM is gone.
Old 12-09-2010, 11:11 AM   #112  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

I apologize for the length of this but after looking at the fantastic weight loss of some of you, I just had to ask what your secret was!
Good Morning!
Thanks for the congrats on my quick weight loss and meeting my goal. I still have a couple of pounds to go before getting back to 125 but I’ll work on that after Christmas. You all know how hard it is around Christmas time, the goodies, the parties. Hopefully you’ll all have another challenge set up after Christmas where we can work for our name in RED again. I’ve actually been maintaining for the last year and this summer/fall those extra 7 pounds starting creeping back on due to bad food choices and not counting calories. I’m one of those people that will always and forever have to watch what I eat. I think maintaining is harder than actually taking it off.
Crystal…congrats to you on the 78 pound loss, have you lost this since Feb 2010? What advice can you give the beginner? I think all you that have lost a considerable amount of weight can help others with something that has worked for you.
Demona…Cookies and Musketeer bars…….I’ve been baking cookies the last couple of days for the holidays. Yesterday I purchased 3 Christmas tins at the dollar store, I filled them with cookies and a check for the mailman, newspaper carried and the shopper. I had to keep the cookies in the freezer so I wouldn’t munch on them. Out of sight, out of mind….Right? Anyway, my hubby loves snicker candy bars so I keep a jar of the mini bars just for him, but I cut the nutritional label off the bag and tape it to the side of the glass jar I keep the candy bars in. If I get tempted, I just look at the whopping calories in them and change my mind very fast. Try it, it works. Think to yourself, I’ve kept track of my food, exercised, gone without and been very good, why sabotage myself? I’ve worked too hard to go backwards.
Perception…Thank you so much for starting this thread, checking in daily without fail works for me and this group is very friendly. What’s the best tip you can give after losing 54 pounds, what tool did you use to keep you On Program? Are you a calorie counter or on some program like Weight Watchers, etc?
Brunneh, are you Olivia? You also have lost quite a bit, 59 pounds and getting close to goal. What was your strategy that kept the scale going down? Any one thing?
Louisa…Another big loser, 65 down and only 4 to go. You’re probably finding it hard to lose those last few pounds, at this stage plateaus are common. One time I went 13 days of never, ever cheating and the scale wouldn’t budge. Times like that make you want to throw in the towel but persistence pays off in the end. I think I finally upped my calories for a couple of days, then went back to my 1200 calorie plan and got over that terrible plateaus. I couldn’t lose weight if I went over 1200 calories plus I hate to exercise. The most I do is hand weights plus 2 nights a week “Bone Builders” class.
Shoeless…Is one stone 9 pounds? Checking in here everyday and staying accountable is a good start. I see you’re calories counting too. I think I’ve tried every diet on the market and I always go back to good old fashion calorie counting, it works for me. Calorie in, calorie out. Eat less than you burn and you can’t help but lose.
My best dieting aid is Fiber. Most adults don’t get enough fiber in daily, 25-30 grams are the norm. I’m a creature of habit and simplicity, my breakfast is always the same, Fiber One cereal, 6 oz. homemade yogurt and a fruit. We live out in the country on an acreage and have many fruit trees. In the fall I cook up all the apples and freeze, then thaw and use in cooking. One thing I keep on hand is applesauce cooked up with some cinnamon, Stevia and raisins which I top my cereal and yogurt with. When pears and peaches are in season I use those on my cereal, or bananas year around. For lunches I make up meatless vegetable soups, I like to eat light so I can indulge in 4 oz. or more meat at supper time. You can eat a ton of vegetable soups and not pile on the calories. I found a trick that makes the best soups, roast all the veggies in the oven first with a drizzle of olive oil, salt and pepper. I like cubed butternut squash, onion, carrots as a base. Then add your chicken or beef broth and seasonings. Sometimes I throw in a bag of frozen California Mix veggies. If you want to make a good creamy soup, cook up a bag of frozen cauliflower in a separate saucepan with a little broth, whiz this up in a blender or food processor after cooked and add to your soup.
Now that I’ve written a book, time to get my roast browned and in the crock pot for tonight’s supper.
Have a skinny Day!
Bobbolink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 11:37 AM   #113  
Joie de Vivre!!

Quote:
Bunneh, are you Olivia? You also have lost quite a bit, 59 pounds and getting close to goal. What was your strategy that kept the scale going down? Any one thing?
Yes, I'm Olivia. =)

My strategy is pretty simple, I just count my calories and exercise 5 days a week. Though, as most things do, it gets a little more complicated than that.

I lost the first 50 pounds pretty easily and quickly. I was losing steadily about a pound a week, sometimes more and once in a while I'd have a no-loss week. Then after about 2 years something happened and I just couldn't get back on track. It took me a year to get these last 9 pounds off, because I kept inching forward and shooting back. What I finally realized is I had started putting too much pressure on myself. I'd eliminated my weekly treat day and started to feel bad for eating all of my alloted calories. I was setting time limits for my goals and got discouraged and panicked when I didn't make them. Instead of pacing myself like before I started to feel like I needed to sprint to goal, and then got angry with myself when it was too much to sustain. But if I had stayed with the slow and steady loss I'd be at goal by now!

So now I've figured out what was working so well in the beginning of my weight loss and have gone back to a more basic slower paced plan, and things have gotten steady again. Being on plan is a part of life again (I've made a goal to be OP for a whole year straight) and I am committed to it. I make smaller weight goals for myself, just about three pounds a month, and focus more on fitness and nutritional goals. So I guess my motto is slow and steady wins the race.

I also agree with you on fiber. My daily goal is 30 grams.

Well, now I think I have written a book to go along with your's. I hope I answered your question. I can be pretty wordy at times, and still miss the point I meant to make.
Old 12-09-2010, 12:01 PM   #114  

S/C/G: 233/226/218/211

Height: 5'0

im in... 5 lbs by the end of december
staybeautiful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 12:06 PM   #115  
I Will do this....

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/165

Height: 5ft 7

Hey ladies
Down 0.7 to 204.6 Yay !
The jacuzzi and champagne didn't do me too much harm
Sleeping better too -DH bought us a new duvet, and I love it! Good times.
Hope everyone is having a great day.
starbrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 12:56 PM   #116  

Height: 5'6"

Hi Ladies!
Just a quick check in. I'm back down to ticker, initial TOM bloat gone. I would probably be less than that but we went to Whole Foods last night and they had a tasting of their holiday menu and we got some food off their bar too. I didn't really do that bad but I may have been over my calories a little bit.

Congrats Bobbolink on meeting goal!!
ruth135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 04:14 PM   #117  

S/C/G: 169/144/135

Height: 5'6"

I'm down 2 lbs. I want to wait till tomorrow before changing anything in my profile. My goal was 160 by friday. I think it was a little aggressive, but I have been detoxing the past 4 days and was really hoping for something big. I'm not going to be disappointed if I miss it. I am stoked I stuck with the diet for the 4 days. Moving into the next phase and starting to plan my meals for the next 4 days.
ja2ma6lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 08:23 PM   #118  

S/C/G: 232/199/120ish

Height: 5'2"

Fell off the wagon and had a root beer today. I am having a lot of trouble with the sweets. Back on the wagon tomorrow.
missymckibben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 04:15 AM   #119  

S/C/G: 199/ticker/132

Height: 5'1"

Hi all.

Daily check in
Dec 8 - w: 190 cals: 1314
Dec 9 - w: 189 cals: 1423
Dec 10 - w: 189 cals:

Last edited by shoeless; 12-10-2010 at 09:45 AM.
shoeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 08:26 AM   #120  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

December Challenge: Lose 4 pounds (beginning wt. 132)
1. Post my daily calories
2. Post my weight daily
3. 40 grams or more fiber
Nov 30th calories 1,035 ...weight 132 fiber 41 grams
Dec 1st calories 277 weight 131...grams 18 fiber(sick in bed)
Dec 2nd calories 1087 weight 129 fiber grams 38
Dec 3rd calories 876 weight 128.5 fiber grams 40
Dec 4th calories 1116 weight 128.5 fiber grams 44
Dec 5th Sunday's I don't count calories 0000 weight 128
Dec 6th calories 1029 weight 128 fiber grams 42
Dec 7th calories 883 weight 128 fiber grams 46
Dec 8th calories 1093 weight 127.5 fiber grams42
Dec 9th calories 1180 weight 128 fiber grams 43
Dec 10th calories 1048 weight 127.5 fiber grams 51Thanks Ruth...
Quote:
Congrats Bobbi on meeting goal!!

Last edited by Bobbolink; 12-10-2010 at 08:07 PM.
Bobbolink is offline   Reply With Quote