3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks up for a Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge-159/)
-   -   October Weight Loss Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/213743-october-weight-loss-challenge.html)

susiemartin 10-14-2010 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by My Michelle (Post 3522110)
I finally hit the 50 pound loss mark today, so I'm happy about that!

Congratulations :carrot:

TERAPET 10-14-2010 10:12 PM

WooHoo MyMichelle-you are awesome! Fifty pounds is amazing.

Another day in on the job. It is so cool to be going to work again. Things are a bit frustrating there but I have high hopes that I can really contribute to their success soon. Plus, I was able to leave earlier today and go to the Y for step class today. It was so great to work out. I talked to them about leaving earlier from now on. I already am the first one in everyday by about two hours. (They have been a little too easy on themselves.) Tomorrow I have the day off to go to Florida for my daughter's Parents Weekend at college. I am so excited to go see her. Have a great weekend girls.

Marniadec 10-15-2010 07:02 AM

This has been the week from ****... College classes started and as I'm trying to complete 2 semesters in one, I've been SO busy... Most days I live home at 9 in the morning and come home at 10 at night. And I also had to run 6734657656756456878 errands this week. And my left knee has been hurting a lot, so naturally, I hurt my right ankle. I can't say that I've exercised, but I've still been walking everywhere and I've climbed 346546278929374878967 staircases, which my knees did NOT appreciate. Oh, well. It'll get better soon. At least I lost 2 more pounds, but I suspect it may be more because TOM is here and I feel SO swollen... And now I'm off to lunch and then the library.

susiemartin 10-15-2010 07:31 AM

Check In Time
Yesterday was 100% OP :carrot:
Planning for another one today.

Hope your day is a good one :)

Ms Perception 10-15-2010 09:36 AM

October Goal List
Please let me know if any info is incorrect
Also let me know when you reach a goal, so we can turn you Red :)

julie99s-Lose 10 lbs, Log food daily
Ms Perception-Lose 5 lbs, Don't eat within 2 hours of bedtime
Newshinyme-Make eating plan each week & stick to it, Stay accountable on the thread, Lose 5 lbs
mystical-Lose 6 lbs
Marniadec-Lose 10 lbs
CardboardCutoutCat-Loe 5 lbs
freethetoys-Get down to 1300 cal/day, Reach 168 lbs, Change eating habits and approach to dieting
susiemartin-Weigh daily, Reach 220 lbs
TERAPET-Reach 139 lbs
2Bees-Lose 5 lbs
layddi-Lose 10 lbs
fld20-Lose 5 lbs
dcapulet-Lose 5 lbs
raznt-Lose 10 lbs, Stay on plan
My Michelle-Eat totally clean, Lose 8 lbs
ma26-Reach 161.4 lbs
VickieLou-Lose 10 lbs
starbrite-Lose 10 lbs
NightAngel26-Lose 15 lbs
luckymommy- Lose 10 lbs
RevampingSoul- Lose 10 lbs, Drink 64 oz water daily
AngelD-Lose 10 lbs
annputation-Lose 10 lbs
WinterJinx- Lose 5 lbs
JasonsLea-Lose 5 lbs
excitedtolose-Lose 10-15 lbs
LouisaH-Lose 5.6 lbs/Reach 147
dollypie-Lose 8 lbs
pinkflower-Lose 6 lbs/Weigh 145 or less
candy love-Get out of the 200's, Stay under 1300 cals/day, Drink 6 glasses of water (or other approved beverage) daily, Only eat btw 7 a.m.-7 p.m.
Rosinante-Lose 7 lbs
lindalee9-Lose 7 lbs

Ms Perception 10-15-2010 09:52 AM

Good morning, everyone!

My Michelle- :dancer: :congrat: :dancer: On the 50 lb mark! That's a big milestone in your journey! You've been so steadfast, I really admire your dedication to your health. Keep up the good work!

JasonsLea- :cheer: Yay on meeting your October goal! :cheer:

susiemartin-Great job having a 100% OP day! :carrot: I bet it felt fantastic.

Marniadec-Sounds like a crazy week, but just focus on the good things and this, too, shall pass. :hug: Take good care of yourself!

candy love-Best wishes on finding the right plan for you. :book2: Think of what you're doing that IS working and be thankful for that. You can do it! You're already sticking to your goals, which is wonderful! :cp:

Things are getting back on track here. I am eating pretty well and doing at least mild exercise almost every day. I sound like such a beginner, but I'm not gonna worry about comparing myself to anything. I know the second half of this month will be good for me. Today will be very active with a walk (pulling the younger kids in the wagon), playing at the park with the kids, going to the pumpkin patch and doing the fun stuff there (goal: do NOT get lost in the corn maze!)... We are eating out with my parents afterwards :hungry: , but I will make good choices and all the activity is meant to burn lots of calories so I can enjoy the meal worry free! Have a happy healthy weekend, all!

candy love 10-15-2010 04:44 PM

Hey guys :D I'm starting a Zumba class this Wednesday comming I'm really excited but a bit scared (really hate working out with other people, judgement and all :() Anyways I'm hoping that it'll help shift all these extra lbs *fingers crossed* :lol:

Oh and I'm starting to use my everyday life to keep stuck to my goals, like during college I won't eat because when I'm comming home to have dinner there's really no need, also instead of leaving all my coursework till the last minute I just get it done (me and coursework have a love/hate relationship :p) Just keeping busy is the key for me, and if there's nothing else to do I'll just start cleaning things that don't need cleaned :cool:

Hope everyone's well :hug:

WinterJinx 10-15-2010 07:06 PM

I've been OP for the past week or two so things are going good. I won't being weighing in for another 5 days though....my fingers are crossed. I've been busy doing papers and studing for mid-terms but am still making it to the gym. Typically I have to go early in the morning to make it its the entire opposite of my summer. Summer time I typically went at night.

Anywho I'm rambling...have a good weekend girls.

My Michelle - Way to go on reaching the 50 pds loss mark
JasonsLea - Congrats on reaching your October Goal!
Terapet- I'm glad you're jazzed about your new job. Have fun at parents weekend.
Marniadec- Hang in there and good luck with school.
Susiemartin - Way to go on staying OP - keep up the good work!
CandyLove - Have Fun in Zumba Class - I have been thinking about signing up for Zumba at my gym but chicken-out at the idea of group excercise.
MsP- Glad to here your shin is better and don't worry about what others think you were injuried you need to build yourself up again.

:spid::dracula::badbat::haphal::badbat::dracula::s pid:

starbrite 10-16-2010 04:44 AM

Hey guys :wave:
Hanging on in there - down to 224 so just another 4 lbs to go to hit my mark. However TOM is just about to rear his ugly head, so who knows :o

My Michelle 10-16-2010 06:30 AM

Thanks for celebrating the 50 pound mark with me gang, it is so exciting! I'm particularly happy that when THIS New Year's Eve finally rolls around I'll actually be happy about where I stand instead of feeling miserable about once again failing to lose any weight for the year. I'm going to hold tight to the image of a happy me making more healthy resolutions to get me through the upcoming holidays, I don't want all my hard work unravel!

Congrats JasonsLea on reaching your October goal already, YOU ROCK! You must feel so good about that! :carrot:

TERAPET - I hope you are enjoying parent's weekend, and I'm glad the new job is being flexible about your schedule. I love step classes, too!

Marniadec - Wow, you have alot on your plate! And even with TOM you already lost 2lbs (with more probably to show on the scale soon!)! That's amazing! Good job hanging tough through all that stress and crazy!

susiemartin - You are an OP goddess! So consistent, very inspiring!

Ms Perception - Thanks for the high-fives! You don't sound like a "beginner" at all! Part of being a runner is knowing how to recuperate from injuries, you're doing great! I hope you had a great time at the park and a lovely dinner!

candy love - I have never taken zumba, but it sounds really fun! Good job are sticking to good food and school habits! They will definitely payoff on the scale AND on your grade reports!

WinterJinx - congrats on being OP for such a nice, long stretch! :carrot: I'm sure the scale will reflect your hard work! Good luck on your midterms!

starbrite - You're so close, only 4 pounds, whoo hoo! TOM will come and then go and hopefully whoosh away some extra water! You're doing great!

susiemartin 10-16-2010 07:44 AM

Morning All :)
Yesterday was OP - planning for another today.

Hope your weekend is a good one!

Lewisempire 10-16-2010 08:28 AM

Happy Saturday Ladies! I have been a mess lately! off track, crazy busy, and stressed......so I am gonna do my best to buckle down and get back in control before I am too far gone. Thanks for Always being here with a life line. My Goal for the remaining time in October is going to be log food daily, lose 5 pounds. (That will put me at 204.6)
MSP-Congrats on your marathan! YOU ARE THE WOMAN!
Candy Love- I hope you love Zumba as much as I do! I have seen some awesome results. Make sure you take a lot of water with you, and a towel! You will be sweating! LOL
Gotta run ladies hope everyone is on plan today.

Ms Perception 10-16-2010 10:51 PM

October Goal List
Please let me know if any info is incorrect
Also let me know when you reach a goal, so we can turn you Red :)

julie99s-Lose 10 lbs, Log food daily
Ms Perception-Lose 5 lbs, Don't eat within 2 hours of bedtime
Newshinyme-Make eating plan each week & stick to it, Stay accountable on the thread, Lose 5 lbs
mystical-Lose 6 lbs
Marniadec-Lose 10 lbs
CardboardCutoutCat-Loe 5 lbs
freethetoys-Get down to 1300 cal/day, Reach 168 lbs, Change eating habits and approach to dieting
susiemartin-Weigh daily, Reach 220 lbs
TERAPET-Reach 139 lbs
2Bees-Lose 5 lbs
layddi-Lose 10 lbs
fld20-Lose 5 lbs
dcapulet-Lose 5 lbs
raznt-Lose 10 lbs, Stay on plan
My Michelle-Eat totally clean, Lose 8 lbs
ma26-Reach 161.4 lbs
VickieLou-Lose 10 lbs
starbrite-Lose 10 lbs
NightAngel26-Lose 15 lbs
luckymommy- Lose 10 lbs
RevampingSoul- Lose 10 lbs, Drink 64 oz water daily
AngelD-Lose 10 lbs
annputation-Lose 10 lbs
WinterJinx- Lose 5 lbs
JasonsLea-Lose 5 lbs
excitedtolose-Lose 10-15 lbs
LouisaH-Lose 5.6 lbs/Reach 147
dollypie-Lose 8 lbs
pinkflower-Lose 6 lbs/Weigh 145 or less
candy love-Get out of the 200's, Stay under 1300 cals/day, Drink 6 glasses of water (or other approved beverage) daily, Only eat btw 7 a.m.-7 p.m.
Rosinante-Lose 7 lbs
lindalee9-Lose 7 lbs
Lewisempire-Log food daily, Lose 5 lbs

Ms Perception 10-16-2010 10:55 PM

LE-Sooo good to see your smiling face again! :cheers: Here's to starting fresh!!

Just a quick post to check-in... enjoying a quiet night in with dh. ;)

Marniadec 10-17-2010 06:52 PM

I finally had the time to go back and read. Usually, I'd come here, go to the first unread post and then fall asleep, or something.:p

My Michelle, congratulations on losing 50 pounds!:congrat: It just proves that you can do it!:carrot:

JasonsLea, congrats on making your goal so soon!:carrot:

TERAPET, I hope you enjoyed the weekend with your daughter!

candy love, I have some Zumba dvd's and they seemed a lot of fun! You'll probably enjoy it!:D

So, TOM left and turns out I lost 4 pounds after all. I think I'm actually enjoying being so busy and productive, after having done almost nothing for 2 years in a row, regardless of how much I whine about it.:p My poor cats are probably not enjoying it so much, though. I do come home to feed them and they have toys and each other, but they seem to miss me...:(