3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks up for a Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge-159/)
-   -   October Weight Loss Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/213743-october-weight-loss-challenge.html)

TERAPET 10-24-2010 03:41 PM

susiemartin-well, if you are eating candy and not gaining that is not the worst case scenario.

julie99s 10-24-2010 04:24 PM

Weigh in day... 228, down 2 :D

2Bees 10-24-2010 05:37 PM

update in week 3

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2Bees (Post 3503896)
Ok I was so pleased to do the September exercise challenge-it was a really motivational tool-that I will try this. I am pretty steadily losing a pound a week on the Sonoma plan but I will try for a 5 lb goal in October. That will put me at 199 First time below 200 in 10 years.

I usually only record weight once a week so I will start with Sunday the 3rd and record 5 Sundays. MY exercise goal for the month is 50 miles plus some video exercise.

Oct 3 204
Oct 10 203
Oct 17 203
Oct 24 201

well I'm doing better on exercise then weight and food tracking. Had a meal out yesterday again at the National Gallery of Art atrium. buffet with pate and wonderful cheeses. Had a lovely day and walked over 4 miles so I just barely had a calorie deficit for the day. SStill scale showed a loss this am:D

Need to lose 2 lbs in the next week to make what was a pretty light goal. We shall see.

My Michelle 10-25-2010 04:40 PM

Only 7 days left this month (counting today!)! Let's all finish STRONG!

Marniadec 10-25-2010 06:53 PM

julie99s and 2Bees, Congratulations on the weight loss! Keep going!:carrot:

So, I had my fat percentage measured and it turns out 132 pounds (my goal weight) is too low for me. The absolute lowest I should weigh is 136. So, I have decided to make 143 my new goal. This is actually hard for me. It kind of feels like I'm giving up? Well, not exactly, I just don't know how to say it in english.:P Probably because one of the reasons why I agreed to go have the test was that I was thinking about how many pounds I have left and they seemed too many and I was getting impatient. My goal wasn't necessarily what I wanted to get to anyway, it was the absolute lowest that I wanted to be and I was pretty certain that I would stop before I got there. And I still feel like I sort of failed. Is that as stupid as I think it is?

Anyway, the good news is that I'm down to 203, which means that I've lost 50 pounds!:carrot::carrot::carrot: And I'm 5 pounds away from being halfway there! Which seems terribly wrong and I'm a failure, but still!:p:carrot::carrot::carrot:

TERAPET 10-25-2010 09:09 PM

Marniadec-You are doing wonderful. A fifty pound loss is amazing. You are so close to onerderland!

I did okay today with food and got my step class in this evening.

Ms Perception 10-25-2010 09:20 PM

Marniadec-Yahoo on the 50 pounds gone!!! I know what you're saying about trying to reconcile your new goal weight with what you were originally planning. I hope you're able to realize it's the right decision to shoot for a good weight for your personal body. Everyone is different. I still have to remind myself that this isn't a contest with other people my height to see if I can weight as little as they do. The goal is a healthy lifestyle for life. That's enough of a struggle. I don't need to make it more complicated for myself!!

Speaking of making things complicated for myself, I ate lunch at a buffet yesterday. I did not gorge myself, but certainly saw the damage on the scale today. Saturday and today have been OP, so that's progress. Sadly, I just want to escape the month with NO GAIN. I've managed to not eat close to bedtime, so that part of my goal isn't a wash at least.

My Michelle-Yes! Finishing strong seems like a really good idea. This week is not without its challenges, but I plan to make the best of it.

Lewisempire 10-26-2010 10:55 AM

Hi Ladies,
Wow, I really need to get focused. Seems like every bump in the road, gets me completely side tracked.
I am re-re-re-starting today. I have been good with my exercise, but horrible with my food. My work is deleting my position, so I was faced with deciding a few issues. Long story short, I took a new position with the company rather than face dealing with unemployment through the holidays. Needless to say, my eating practices suffered. but another fresh start today, same goals as before. Thanks ladies for letting me keep coming back, and being here like a solid light-house in a storm! You ladies are just AWESOME in case noone has told you lately! gotta run, and post my food. No exceptions!!!!!!!

LouisaH 10-26-2010 05:29 PM

Hey Marniac, you might be a loser, but you are no failure! Congrats on getting a free pass to finish the weight loss portion of this journey earlier! That's how I would choose to look at it, which you might find more motivating? Keep on doing what you're doing, and stay positive--failures are seldom positive people.

2Bees: buffets with pate and wonderful cheeses do me in.

susiemartin: what happened to our will power? It was so amazingly strong a few months ago and now it's frightfully difficult to stay on plan (I had to use frightfully in the post somewhere for this upcoming holiday).

My Michelle: I'm in on the finishing strong plan.

MsP: I know that need to compare myself to others of the same height. It's a great place to start to figure out where our goal weight range should be, but it's unhealthy if you obsess or forget that every body is different.

LE: Oh, I'm so sorry about the job. I hope the new position is satisfying and enjoyable. I know that is a stressful situation that makes it difficult to focus on weight loss, but the quick check-ins here will help you de-stress, AND stay focused.

I am recommitting to check in here more often. Sometimes I just come and read, but don't have the energy or time to post, and I think that is contributing to my lack of success. I was most successful at weight loss when I was on here every day, making myself accountable to you all. So now, I am on a quest for my lost will power and I intend to return to the daily check ins and posts. The scales were all over the place this past week and it was making me nuts. I saw as high as 155, and now am back at 152.8. ugh. I may see under 150 yet, but at this rate, not before October is over...

Lewisempire 10-27-2010 10:42 AM

Good morning ladies,
thanks Louisa, you are right checking/logging in is really important. I have seen Susiemartin make serious progress, and she checks in EVERY day. I need to get moving today, I did Zumba yesterday, and today i will face the Nordic track BEAST! plus a boat-load of house work.
Love you ladies,

PS-:dust: SusieMartin, THis is for you to chase off the Candy Monster!:dust:

My Michelle 10-27-2010 02:57 PM

I met my goal for the month, I've lost 8.4 pounds for October, yayayaya! Just in the nick of time too, only a few days left. And, I ate totally clean all month, not a single off plan meal, and no "food treats" either. I worked out every day except for 3 days, so that is a good exercise month also!

I agree that checking in alot is probably helpful. I have a tendency to just lurk around alot as well, but posting definitely helps.

LouisaH 10-28-2010 12:19 AM

Hi Chicklets, I was so gung ho that I was back on track yesterday, and today was just like the past several weeks (months?) have been. I can't stop eating at work. Even if it's just apples and mostly healthy stuff, I can't seem to stop myself. So even when I exercise for 90 minutes, I eat enough to counter all those calories burned. Aarrrgh, what is my damage?

My Michelle: woot woot! Rock on girl, that is awesome! Congratulations and keep up the good work.

LE: Hope you tackled the beast today!

I was so good yesterday and was expecting a nice fat drop on the scales this morning, but saw only .4 pound drop. I'll take it, don't get me wrong, lol! I'm going to need some serious willpower with this weekend coming up not to see the scales go back up. Keep it coming chicklets, I need the chatter to help drown out the food calling to me. Shut up food!

Marniadec 10-28-2010 01:10 AM

My Michelle, way to go! I don't know how you managed an entire clean month, that's so awesome!

LouisaH, have you tried to see what makes you eat there? If it's stress or boredom or something? I've been constantly thinking about food since Monday, which was the last day I had classes this week. I overate Tuesday, I almost effed up *big* time yesterday and since then I've been reasoning myself to death. Now I'd rather starve than hear my lecture, lol.

Since I changed my goal (which still feels a little like cheating, btw) I have been feeling that I can loosen up a little. I've also had a **** of a lot of free time lately. And I'm going home today. So I started thinking that I have to be realistic and that I'm just going to maintain while I'm there like I always do. I went 50 calories over my limit on Tuesday and yesterday, I did this: I went to a bakery to get a piece of spinach pie for breakfast. And since it was early, they also had an other pie with feta cheese and ham in it. And I bought that, too. And I also bought chocolate milk and sour cherry juice to make it seem like it was for 2 people. And then I bought 2 bars of chocolate. What the **** is this? I rarely did things like that before I started trying to lose weight! Fortunately, the crisis was averted as I put the chocolate in my suitcase to give to my parents and had one pie for breakfast and the other for lunch, so I stayed well within my calorie limit. So I did do ok. But it was so impulsive and I really can't keep that up while I'm at my parents'. I've also been thinking that 13 pounds in a month isn't bad at all and I can cut me some slack for the next two weeks, but I really don't want to. I've already told my brother that I can only order take-out once a day and he'll have to warn me before he orders for himself so I can cook and we can still eat together. I hope it works this time...

Lewisempire 10-28-2010 06:30 AM

Good morning ladies!
I am here to check in before I start my day! yesterday was not too bad, I did manage to log everything I ate, and get my exercise in, so YAY! I really need to buckle down, and get back to planning ahead, so I don't have to make choices while hungry.
WTG MyMichelle! You did Fabulous this month! Inspiring!
I have a long day ahead, so I better get to it! Hope everyone has a great day!

susiemartin 10-28-2010 07:39 AM

Check In Time
I'm finally "candied out".

Literally went to bed sick last night from too much sugar :barf:

Pretty sure that I'm ready to get serious again about weight loss.

So I'm planning on an OP day today with a nice long walk.

I'm going to check in every day until the end of the month.
Hope your day is a good one :)