Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 01:52 PM   #76  
aka Wendi (it's shorter!)

S/C/G: 215/203/155

Height: 5'6"

LouisaH, that's not a bad idea, I'll have to try that!
Old 05-05-2010, 12:19 AM   #77  
yes girl

S/C/G: 201.4/179.8/130

Height: 5'0"

hi all! i've been off the grid lately because, well, i'm in a bit of a slump. i havent exarcised since friday, i drank waayyy too much over the weekend, and i had fast food today. it's almost wednesday and i'm sooo tired. and getting unmotivaed and way too leinient (sp?) on my eating. someone help! i need to get back to reality!

still at 169 but i feel like any day now i'm gonna wake up 171. heartbreaking.
Old 05-05-2010, 12:45 AM   #78  

S/C/G: 195.5/130/120

Height: 5' 6"

Hi, my goal is to lose 6 pounds and be 162 on June 1. I also want to work out a minimum of 5 times per week.
Old 05-05-2010, 01:24 AM   #79  
Never ending story

S/C/G: 213/160/150

Height: 5'7.5"

Onestar: Don't you do it!! Get right back up on that wagon and get that fast food out of your system! It's dragging you down. A little exercise and fresh produce will revive you and get you back on track and remind you how rewarding this is. You've worked so hard and come so far, and you know what you need to do. You've had your weekend off and now it's time to return to us! I swear you will feel sooo much better when you do. Join MsP, Aluxa and me in this challenge for seven days on plan. In my neck of the woods, strawberries are just coming into season, as is all manner of greens and wonderful spring produce. That's my motivation right there. Salad City Baby! Attagirl.
Old 05-05-2010, 06:02 AM   #80  

S/C/G: 250/ticker/165

Height: 5'5"

Hey everybody! Just popping in before I get ready for work. Thanks for the comments on my pic and race! As far as the new Jillian DVD, it did kick my booty. My core is still a little sore today. 2x a week will be plenty for me for now. The No More Trouble Zones is 40 minutes of strength training. I only use 3lb weights since it's so many reps.

Louisa- I'd definitely recommend it. It's set up in circuits too. It's 40 minutes, but you're able to choose individual curcuits or the whole thing. I hear her Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism is the longer cardio focused one and still good. I LOVE working out with Jillian, and if you like the thread, I think you'll like it.

I also met up with the running group yesterday for the first time. I joined the run/walk group. They name each group after shoes. I'm on team Gucci! Of course this is a women's running group.
Old 05-05-2010, 08:11 AM   #81  

Height: 5' 8" on a good day

Good morning - I'm checking in

I don't feel so good this morning- have a migraine headache. My headaches will usually last between 24- 36 hrs. no matter what I do or don't do

I get them sometimes when I go from eating tons of sugary & carb foods to restricting calories.

Believe it or not I've lost 7lbs. since Monday. Pure water weight I'm sure.

I'm going to try & rest today and hopefully wake up tomorrow my cheerful self.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Last edited by susiemartin; 05-05-2010 at 08:12 AM.
Old 05-05-2010, 10:05 AM   #82  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Height: 5'3"

Good morning ladies! I hope everyone is having a fine morning.

susiemartin-That stinks about the headache, but HOLY COW on the weight loss! Stay strong and feel better soon!

beaka-Sounds like a great dvd. I have 30DS and was intending to incorporate that into my workouts this month, but I'm gonna have to pass for now. With my other training and DH and I just started playing on the church softball team....I didn't realize that was gonna be such a workout (and working different muscles)! Don't want to overdo it and get injured, ya know? My running is priority #1.

LouisaH and aluxa-Glad to have you join me on the 7 day OP challenge! So far so good here! I'm counting yesterday as day 1, even though Monday was good too. So, here's to day 2!

Shytowngal-Welcome and good to have you with us!

onestar- You get back on track this moment, young lady! Your health and well-being are too important to be feeding that stuff into your body more than once in a great while. As you know, it only drags you down!

Asynchronous and Lola Dark-Good job on your progress already! Keep doing what you're doing. It's working for ya!

Well, I've lost half my weekend weight and feel good except for the soreness from softball. I haven't played in years but was surprised to feel a touch achy this morning. Guess I'm gettin' old! It's nice to add something like that into my schedule since it's fun exercise. I'm off to my parents' to help do some more potting for her big plant sale next week. She's also doing a garage sale which will mostly be my stuff and I have TONS to mark still. Oh well, it'll get done in good time. Here's to a productive day!
Old 05-05-2010, 11:52 AM   #83  
Post-It Junkie

S/C/G: Starting: 195 / Current 195

Height: 5'2

This morning 189.6!
Moving towards that goal!!
Old 05-05-2010, 11:55 AM   #84  
Never ending story

S/C/G: 213/160/150

Height: 5'7.5"

Woot woot! I reached my second mini goal today--175--only a few days short of my goal date of the 1st. Not bad considering the weekend away.

beaka: thanks for the recommendation. I'm going to check out both of them.

MsP: I'm right on plan and ready for a strong day two!

susiemartin: I've seen migraines first hand, but haven't had them. I know they are no fun though. How it passes quickly!
Old 05-05-2010, 01:10 PM   #85  

S/C/G: 198.6/148/120

Onestar: you are being too hard with yourself. You have not exercised since Friday but you can start again and yes you may be 171 but 171 it is far from your starting weight. Forgive yourself and start again. You should be proud of what you have accomplished so far and kept trying. If you really want to be at your goal, I’m sure that you will do it!

Susiemartin: I’m sorry to read about your headache. I wish you get well soon Our brain need carbs and fats, I used to have headaches at the beginning of fad diets but when I joined this community and started to eat healthy, I started to lose weight without headaches. for your 7 pounds!

Msp: I do not know if it is the weather or your challenge but I have planned my food yesterday and today better than on previous weeks. For me Monday was good too but to choose yesterday as day one we will be “forced” to be focus on how we eat on day more. with the garage sale!

LouisaH: for your second mini goal!!!
Old 05-05-2010, 02:54 PM   #86  
Jeri

S/C/G: 286/142.6/150/new goal 140

Height: 5-4

Hi all! I don't really have much to report. I haven't really had a weight change in about a week, which is frustrating. I'm hoping it's just because AF is here. My last few cycles haven't really affected the scale much, but this is the longest and heaviest cycle I've had since I got my IUD in November, so I guess it would make sense for it to affect the scale more than usual. I'm still eating the right calories, though, so it should all work out in the end.

My back is still feeling a little better, but also still hurts a bit. I'm definitely not doing any real excercise until it doesn't hurt at all for a couple of weeks. Until then - stretching and bouncing on the stability ball!
Old 05-05-2010, 03:34 PM   #87  
Toight like a Toiger

S/C/G: 225/208/160

Height: 5ft9

I would like to join please

My goal is to be out of the 200s by my birthday (may 31st). I am currently 210
Old 05-05-2010, 06:16 PM   #88  

S/C/G: 198.6/148/120

Eclipse: I’m sorry about your back and about your weight not going down. I found weird that Last week I was having back problems too and I did not lose anything. However, this week my backache has gone and I have not only lost the back pain but also a pound and a half, so I hope that the same will happen to you.
Old 05-05-2010, 09:45 PM   #89  
Healthy is Beautiful

S/C/G: 207/**ticker**/129

Height: 5' 4.5"

Hey ladies, just checking in. I'm hitting a wall right now w/my weight loss and it's driving me absolutely crazy. I've been hovering at 170.0 for the last 3 weeks and I'm starting to lose my patience. I've introduced Jillian Michaels 30DS in to my workout regimen and I was hoping that would kick start my weight loss, I'm on day 6 and unfortunately I haven't seen a difference. I'm on plan daily and my workouts are very consistent. I'm just trying to push through this dry spell right now. This morning when I weighed in I was up .2lbs from my challenge starting weight of 169.8.

I just had a killer workout at the gym. I did 90mins of cardio and 45mins of weight training. My husband is about to put dinner on the table- Grilled tilapia, steamed asparagus, & brown rice. I'm going to do day 7 of 30DS a little later tonight after my muscles have recovered from my workout today and after my food is digested.

I would give anything to be able to kick start the scale once again.
Old 05-05-2010, 09:58 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 223/ticker/165

Height: 5'9

Jumping in!

My goal for May is to lose 10 pounds total and to start exercising regularly.

I've lost 2 pounds so far this month, only 8 more to go! Although, I guess I wouldn't complain if I lost more. :P

Last edited by Scatterheart; 05-05-2010 at 09:59 PM.
Closed Thread