Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2009, 01:09 PM   #121  

Hi girlsssssssssss Happy first day of our month

Ruby, cami, Tracy, and steelersgirlie Blondie, looking, and Lewis...wb girls!

Blondie, I am glad your new position is going well. Hope you feel better. Ohhhhhh, you are swinging in to onderland!!!!!!!!! that's great Hang in there and keep up the good work. : )

Lewisssssssssssss, hi chicky. That cantaloupe soundssssssss so good! It's been crazy here.....21 days of rain this month and still gloomy. THey were saying how there is a lot of mold in the air and it's tough on people with asthma. The few tomato plants look a little tired (no sun) but are still holding on. I havn't seen my hummers in a few days or a week though (and we had so many), they probably high tailed it out of here and went south early! lol I am soooooo ready to rock it with you this months, let's gor for it Regarding the sudden gain , yesss, that must be water weight...hang in there. Have a great day girl, catch you soon : ).

Delphi,,,,,,,,,,, congratualtionssssss on the loss That is awesome! You are so close to onederland!! wtg girl! right back at you. keep up the great work.

OH , regarding the last day of the month and weight loss from that day (as seen on scale on the first of the month) girlssssss I always looked at it this way. I feel that the last day of the month is sort like a BONUS day. I have used it that way as well to squeeze out a bit more of a loss to put towards a month. THe loss that is yielded from that last day of month qualifies officially to be used for that month but it alsooooooo can be applied to our new month if we so choose to. Some of us put it on the last month, some on the new month......both ways count and we certainly have the discretion to use it whichever way we want........it's neat having a bonus day like that.

omg, I am now and I have to get a move on soon.

MsPerceptionnnnnn, I am so happy for you. That sounds terrific. I think your smart bringing the scale. I wish you a safe and beautiful trip girl...it is so nice that your going to be reunited with your family. Have a wonderful time

crazymama, [email protected] maybe thinking a screw loose. I'll tell you what a screw loose it.......bringing your dumbells! lolol yes, I did that. IT was a long time ago (I used to travel a lot w/dh) on one of our trips to Cali. I was pretty much of a health fanatic at the time and even though they had a pool and ex. equipment there which I always used, I couldn't imagine going without my dumbells so I packed my neon green dumbells in my suitcase without saying anything to DH. lol, boy did I get in trouble! When we got there and he saw the dumbells he was like he just couldn't beleive it. He told our freinds upon our return and they all thought i was a little . They teased me about it for a few years! lol

regarding your trip and ideas of what to bring in the car. How about some sliced cucumbers in little zip lock baggies and also some baby bunny luv carrots? They will provide you with the crunch factor. Peeled h.b eggs would be nice too, you get a good protein blast from them and maybe some prepacked salads (with or without protein) to help fill you up. You could also do turkey sandwiches on wheat pita or bread. Just a few ideas, hope this helps. When are you leaving? next week?

Jacqui, regarding the total........I know, it's so cool! Ohhhhhhhhhh, the pc running around does burn calories! lol I saw it whilst looking up cals burnt once......they had typing in there! I can't recall the exact figures right now. We are keeping you awfully busy and our lists rock......ty

Okay, I better log out and go do some workouts as I said! I may go to the market too.

susie, I'm glad you feel better today and happy to hear you are treating yourself to something today....wtg!

Have to run, sorry if I missed anyone. Gekster, Jelly, and to all o fyou girls.........hi chicks. I hope everyone is having a great day. I will report back later. for us all.
Old 07-01-2009, 01:09 PM   #122  
ISO my perfect body

Height: 5'7.5"

Girls I am switching from the daily plate to sparkpeople. I think it is a little easier to plan. You can use their plan, or modify it. I thought a little change was in order to get me to goal this month. Does anyone else use sparkpeople?
Old 07-01-2009, 01:11 PM   #123  

Is there room for one more here? I am new to 3FC so don't have the siggy or anything yet, but would love to join in here! My goal for July is 10 pounds. I am okay if I don't hit that, but I like to aim a little high so I feel more motivated and really try harder. 8 pounds would make me ecstatic and 6 would be great, but I am aiming for 10
Old 07-01-2009, 01:14 PM   #124  
Almost there! 7lbs to go!

S/C/G: 165/137/130

Height: 5'8"

Is it ok if I join? I don't have a lot to lose, but hoping I can still participate...

If so, my goal is to see 13_ on the scale!! 1 1/2 more lbs. and I'm at 20lbs lost!!! I can hardly believe that!! *blush*

I'm 146.5 as of this a.m... So I think I can do it!! Actually, I *know* I can do it!!!

Thanks!
Old 07-01-2009, 02:15 PM   #125  
On a Mission

S/C/G: 286/275.8/185

Height: 5'6

July 1 weigh in 271.5!!! Can you imagine if this month goes as well as last month?!?! I'll totally be in the 250s by the end of July if that happens!! I'm already down 1.5 from yesterday, so I guess that's part of June putting my TOTAL JUNE LOSS AT 12.5!!!

I am SO tired today. I was tired at 9p yesterday, but DH implied nothing had been done for the move (even though I got a LOT done yesterday) so I started scrubbing down the kitchen cabinets. I need to add a new coat of paint to the doors now, scrub down the rest of the kitchen, get some things packed away and then try to keep it that way. After that, there's more painting in the house, more cleaning out of cabinets, a mass quantity of yard work, and who knows what else to be dealt with. I'm still going to try to get to the gym once a week (or try to go to belly dancing class with a friend), but most of my exercise will have to happen at home this month, at least until DH is moved to MD. I'm hoping to get the house listed on June 15 since I'll be gone until late on the 21st and that would leave plenty of time for showing the house.

We had to make a difficult decision yesterday with our cats. One of them has become too destructive with our belongings, and I've been struggling for 2 years trying to keep from having to have him declawed. With moving and potentially have children soon, I knew I was out of time, and I knew that if I did one, I should do both. I made the appointments and mentioned it online, that since I couldn't find another home for for my little boy, this was my only option. A friend and animal lover called me and said she would take him in if it kept him from the surgery, so we've made arrangements for him to live with her parents. I'm hoping things work out. Her dad used to have a cat that only liked him and was very snuggley. My boy is pretty much a single-owner cat, but he has issues with men. I'm hoping he'll attached to my friend's dad and help fill the spot from his previous cat.

GoWear Fit's website isn't working right now, so I can't upload my armband. I'm trying a new med to help with sleep, and I want to know how my sleep blocks were last night. I'm super tired, but I know it's from staying up til midnight and waking up with DH at 6a when he had to go to traffic court. But I got to work early, so I'mana head out here soon and get some things done around the house.
Old 07-01-2009, 02:59 PM   #126  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Default July Weight Loss Challenge List of Participants (so far!)

Weight Loss goals are in this list. Exercise goals are in the sister thread--July Exercise Challenge http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=175369. If anyone sees something that they'd like to have changed or edited in their info, please just let me know! I'll continue to add new people as they join in. Good luck to all! You can do it!

FullSteamAhead: Get back on track OP consistently; lose between 6-7 lbs
Sunflowergirl68: Lose 8-10 lbs; drink more water
NewShinyMe: Keep track of water intake; reach the 160's; stay accountable during the weekends
Jelder227: Lose 8-10 lbs
LaurenA: Lose 5 lbs
Lene1974: Drink 64 oz of water daily; lose 5 lbs
Velveteen: Reach 85 kg or less
Delphi: Reach ONEderland; lose 10 lbs
Jacqui_D: Lose 7-10 lbs
JoyinSF: Lose 6-8 lbs
Crazymamaof4: Lose at least 5 lbs; eat even MORE fruits and veggies; try out a new recipe every week; stay POP at least 85% of the time
Jellybellyjess: Lose 7-10 lbs
Susiemartin: Lose 10 lbs to be under 225 lbs
Nellonello: Lose 8 lbs; maintain a 1000-calorie deficit 5 days a week
Linzluv: Lose 15 lbs
Mystical: Lose 8-10 lbs
Robbynmarie_k: Fit into a size 18; reach 48 in waist measurement; maintain a 1000 calorie deficit; reach 220 lbs
Sugarbaby269: Lose 8-10 lbs
Stephanielllll: Lose 8 lbs; drink recommended amount of water
Gekster: Lose 9 lbs; be more accountable on the weekends
Peachykeen62: Lose 8-10 lbs
Merose: Reach "overweight" on BMI chart; lose 9 lbs to reach 185 lbs
Joyra: Lose 10 lbs to reach 145 lbs; lose 10 inches
CakeBatter: Lose 6 lbs to reach 165 lbs; try to eat "clean"
JazzyPeggy: Lose 10 lbs to reach 273 lbs
Ms_Perception: Lose 5 lbs; take a multi-vitamin at least 85% of the time; lose inches, especially around the waist
Canadianangel: Go gluten-free
VickieLou: Lose 15 lbs
SuzyQ: Lose 5 lbs
Wifey: Lose 10 lbs; drink a LOT of water
Ashley4012: Eat no fast food; lose 10 lbs
Annie96: Lose 8 lbs; drink water every day; do not do mindless munching; measure and prepare food to stay consistent with Fitday journaling
TexSue: Lose 5 lbs; drink 48 oz of water per day
Glutio: Lose 10 lbs
Late_to_the_Game: Lose 7-10 lbs; drink more water
Iamren: Lose 12 lbs
Janis427: Lose 10 lbs
Lookingtobehealthy: Lose 6-8 lbs
JasonsLea: No "pigging out" in Alabama for BFF's wedding
Ruby5839: Lose 5-8 lbs; stay OP at least 5 days a week
Blondie32: (Goals to be announced)
CamiToo: Reach 220 lbs
LewisEmpire: Drink 64 oz of water every day; lose 8 lbs
Tracy: Lose as much weight as possible under 277.6 lbs
SteelersGirlie: Lower number of bad carbs eaten; eat more vegetables; lose 10 lbs
SkinnyJeansInWaiting: Lose 10 lbs
Moralia: Reach the 130s
Old 07-01-2009, 03:08 PM   #127  
There is no spoon!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/160

Height: 5/9

Glutio ~ Unfortunately, I use the Pharmanex website to upload my data from my GowearFit, so I'm not sure about the technical issues you are having with your band. Good luck with the new meds.

Moralia ~ Sure, jump right on in darling.

Skinnyjeans ~ There is always room dear. Welcome aboard.

Le ~ I use Myfitnesspal. It was the only "simplistic" interface I liked and the data base is huge. I have yet to enter something, that wasn't there. Good luck with sparkpeople though.

FSA ~ How are you today chicky?

Cake ~ Yeah, I guess I'll make do and keep doing them. They aren't really too bad, if I can get these long legs of mine to do what I need them to do.

Jacqui ~ Oh and thanks for the advice about the lunges.

Alright ladies, I finished all my workouts for the day and I'm trying to relax a little. Should have the next two disks of LOST coming today and I'm uber excited. I love that show, and I'm only four episodes into the first season. At any rate, you ladies have a great day, I'm off to try some clothes on. I'm really happy with how my body is starting to look but my waist..urg. I have lost six inches off my waist since May, but still, everything else is starting to look sooooooo small and then there's my big ol' jelly belly screwing everything up. I'm hopeful that implementing the core training this month will have a positive effect on my waist line.

Last edited by Delphi; 07-01-2009 at 03:09 PM.
Old 07-01-2009, 03:11 PM   #128  

SkinnyJeans! Good to have you! You don't need a siggy, lol! But hey, we will celebrate with you once you reach 20 days and 20 posts and are able to get one! We know how exciting that is! I always aim a little high on the weight loss goal too, although this month, I did say 7-10 lbs instead of just 10 lbs. I always say 10 lbs and never make it, lol! Good luck!

Moralia, !! So glad you joined us! Yes, you CAN reach the 130s!! And congrats on being SO close to 20 lbs lost! That's exciting! Good luck!

Glutio, congrats on the 1.5 lbs down!! Your weight loss today can count toward last month's goal or this month's goal! Couch is using hers to meet last month's goal. Delphi, CMof4, Ms_P, and I are using ours toward this month's goal. It has to be one or the other, and it only works on the first day of the month, but it's up to you!

Lewis, sorry, I don't use either one. Surely someone around here does! (Or will now, now that you've mentioned it, lol!)

FSA, I guess even if typing burns only like 3 calories, that's better than none, right, lol!

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 07-01-2009 at 07:02 PM.
Old 07-01-2009, 03:19 PM   #129  

Hi girls,

skinnyJeansInWaiting and Moralia, welcome aboard girls...no, it is not too late. It is never too late to join here and/or start a health regiment. wc

Lewis, thanks for sharing chickie. I have heard it mentioned before (sparkspeople), not sure how many of the girls use it. OH, forgot to tell you, thanks for the compliment regarding my pup! .

Glutio, congratulations on the additional loss! That is fantastic!

How is everyone's first day going? I went on the wii and did some dance (45 minutes) and it felt great. I feel good so I'm very thankful. I was checking to see when TOM is arriving...not for a few days and I hope things are normal for me this month.......so far so good. It is raining yet again but felt real nice working out. A big hug girsl, thanks. I will report in the ex. challenge later. I'm doing good with my water today, the working out helps a lot.

Not sure what the scoop is for tonight. I have been in an awful lot (though Dh has offered to take me for rides nearly every evening, I have no desire in this weather). I might head out for a bit tonight. Okay, I better run........talk soon.
Old 07-01-2009, 03:22 PM   #130  
There is no spoon!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/160

Height: 5/9

Hey FSA, I know how you and the hubby can burn some calories in the rain tonight...bow chicka wow wow! Add that to your exercise minutes..

Last edited by Delphi; 07-01-2009 at 03:22 PM.
Old 07-01-2009, 03:29 PM   #131  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delphi View Post
Hey FSA, I know how you and the hubby can burn some calories in the rain tonight...bow chicka wow wow! Add that to your exercise minutes..
LOLOLOL!!!

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 07-01-2009 at 03:32 PM.
Old 07-01-2009, 04:02 PM   #132  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 311/Ticker/175

Height: 5'6''

I don't know what was going on today, I am so tired, I got up early, did my workouts, but passed out for almost 4 hours and just woke up. Now on to housework I should have done instead of sleeping.

Glutio- Wow, 12.5 for last month! Great job.

Cake- About waking up early, it is so true. My problem on the weekends is that it is my BF has the days off so he sleeps in late and of course I want to stay in bed with him. So on the weekends we end up just staying in bed the majority of the time.

Delphi- Thanks so much, I think you being there to when I need it will be even more of a motivator. Maybe you could borrow CMo4's rolling pin haha

to SkinnyJeans and Moralia!
Old 07-01-2009, 04:08 PM   #133  

S/C/G: 183/160/148

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delphi View Post
Delphi, you are so warped! I LOVE it!!!

Cake! Hey girl, welcome back! I'm glad to see you are still running. I can't wait to hear when you run your 8K!

Newbies, Hi chicks and . Best of luck on your goals!!!!

Hi ya Late To The Game! I don't mean to be a tattle tail BUT Sandye's always yelling at me about drinking my water. You should send her to her room or ground her or something. j/k It's great to have you join us!
I loves your daughter!

Sandye, FSA, Jacqui, Ms_p and all the other girls>>>> Hi chicks! Sorry I can't do personals for everyone today. DH is coming home early tonight so I need to get dinner going and I have 3 cubic yards of mulch waiting for me to spread.

Bye for now.
Old 07-01-2009, 05:03 PM   #134  
ISO my perfect body

Height: 5'7.5"

Delphi- thanks for telling me about myfitnesspal, It is a lot like the daily plate. The one thing about sparkpeople, is they put a sample menu up for you. I hope it helps me this month, I may be changing again at the end of the month.....we will see.......???

Gekster, Have you been drinking your water??? I am always sluggish when I am dehydrated???? Hurry and go drink some water before CMof4 finds out!!!!

Fullsteamahead- I finally had to take down my hummer-feeder, the wasps were having a buffet. I will try again next year. Maybe plant some red flowers. I spent this afternoon, sweating like a pig out in the garden. I had to tie up my tomato plants because they outgrew their cages, and fell over! I also collected some cucumbers to snack on tomorrow at work. What is new in your garden?

Glutio- Good luck you poor thing! Getting a house ready to sell, is like a marathon from **** in my experience! Sounds like you have a good start. Congrats on all your exciting news, and losses!

Ok girls I am off to shower, and get ready for dinner! Have a great night !
Old 07-01-2009, 05:10 PM   #135  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/135

Height: 5'0"

Hello everyone today is the first day of the rest of my life. Today is our holiday "Canada Day" we have just been hanging out with the family and we are going to grill tonight and have our veges. I am glad to see you all doing so well today and seeing all the excitement here it has given me so much motivation I am so happy to be a part of this awesome group. Hope you all have a great day!
Closed Thread