Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 11:33 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 335.8/335.8/150

Height: 5'6''

I am Karen. I am 44, have been married for 20 years, have no children and have been having weight issues for years. I am ready to lose this weight and change my lifestyle from now on. I am an Economics Professor at a university and love my job. Summer is my time to doresearch and I have some more time for me. My biggest motivation to get started on this path is that I will be having a hysterectomy on June 30 to take care of some major problems I have with fibroids. I want to lose some weight so that they have less abdominal material to gothrough for the surgery - it will make my recovery quicker and easier if I am in better shape. I will need to have Dr permission to resume exercise in July (or August) so I will play that part by ear for now.

#1. Plan - I plan to keep tabs on my calorie intake. I have a new journal that I will keep track of everything in. If I write it down I am accountable for it and can’t conveniently forget about it.

#2. Exercise - I am revamping my exercise this month. I slacked off last month and it slowed my weight loss down. I will aim for the minimum of 300 minutes of exercise per week. My plan is to hit the gym on Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings - there I will walk to warm up and cool down and then will spend some time working up a serious sweat on the elliptical machine. I will also get going with some sort of weight training. On Tuesday, Thursday and Saturdays I will do the C25K program and will also do the sit-up, push-up and squat challenges. Sunday I may take it a bit easier but I will do something - even if only a nice walk.

#3. Relaxation - I make time for some relaxation and ME time almost every day. For me relaxing involves making a bit of time to do some crafts while I spend time with the hubby. I crochet and knit.

#4. Water - I do well with water on the days I am work and need to pay attention and drink enough at home - it is a habit I need to get into. Currently I get in about 100 oz of water each day at work and closer to 50 oz on days at home.

#5. Declutter your home - This is already planned for the next couple months. Hubby and I are both serious pack-rats and it is time to purge! We plan to tackle different parts of our home one by one and will get things under control by the end of the summer.

#6. Pamper/Grooming - This is one I need to work on. I plan to spend a little extra time each day to make sure I look pretty - wear something nice, wear some jewelry, wear some perfume. I will also do some at home facials and maybe tidy up my fuzzy legs on a regular basis (since it is getting warmer and it is time to expose the lily white legs!)

#7. Other - I will be working on getting some research done. I plan to get two articles competed and submitted to journals before the end of May.

#8. Motto/Mantra - This is my new life and I am worth it every minute of it.

#9. Goals - My goal is to lose ten pounds each month. I will update my stats soon. I am starting at 247.6 pounds. My goals are 237.6 for the end of May, 227.6 for the end of June, 216.6 for the end of July, and 206.6 for the end of August (I want to be knocking on onderland’s door at the end of the summer!)

Weight
May 1st: 247.6
May 8th:
May 15th:
May 22nd:
May 29th:

Measurements (I will update these at the end of each month):
Bust: 45
Waist: 41
Hips: 50
Upper thigh: 28.5
Upper arm: 15.5

#10. Reward - Some piece of jewelry - earrings, necklace or a bracelet - something shiny and sparkly

Last edited by econ nerd; 05-02-2009 at 08:59 AM.
Old 05-01-2009, 12:13 PM   #32  
Woman On A Mission

S/C/G: 160/Ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplefirefly View Post
Just marking my spot for now, will be back in a bit to update all my goals.

I LOVE your screen name. Purple is my favorite color

Old 05-01-2009, 01:12 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 183/177/160

Height: 5'2"

So far this day is going pretty well. I am bit sleepy but as long as I make it to the gym adn my hair appt then my day will be complete. I plan to do 20/20/20/20 today. We will see how that goes.
Old 05-01-2009, 01:43 PM   #34  
Haley wants to run!

Height: 5'9"

hi all! I've been in organization mode all day and im exhausted now but gotta keep going.................
Old 05-01-2009, 02:12 PM   #35  
live, laugh, love

S/C/G: 265/202/160

Height: 5'5

Hello everyone!! My name is Angela, i am 35 years old, marrid, and have 4 very busy, wonderful children. After years of failed dieting, and trying to take it off fast, ive decided to get smart about it, so i am exersicing, eating 6 times a day, drinking pritien shakes, and counting calories.

heres my promise to myself and everyone else for the month of May:

May Bootcamp

#1 Plan: To eat smaller portions, 6 times a day and continue with my protien shakes. and to eat healthy, and stick to 1200-1400 calories a day

#2 Exercise: Cardio 6 times a week, and weight resistant training 5 times a week

#3 Relaxation: i use to love hot, relaxing bubble baths with classical music playing, and reading ..but havnt been doing it latley..time to change that..and this is the month
#4 Water: I love water with crystal light

5 Declutter: already done...hopefully i can keep it this way..its hard with 4 kids

#6 Grooming: Pedicure

#7 Organizationo keep all the kids sports stuff orginized...err its everywhere

#8 Motto: To sweat the fat off

#9 Goals: To lose reach 219
Weight: 236
Arm:16
Chest:43

Waist at belly button:39.5
Thigh:29.75
Calf:20

#10 Reward: to go for a spa day!!!!!

Old 05-01-2009, 03:05 PM   #36  
Woman On A Mission

Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeBatter View Post
I plan to do 20/20/20/20 today. We will see how that goes.

What is that?
Old 05-01-2009, 04:59 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 232/227/130

Height: 5'5"

I'm doing good today! I did WATP in the morning, and today's pushups. I went to the library and got a more intense workout DVD to check out tomorrow. I already drank all my water, worked on some adoption paperwork, and saved up my calories for some homemade pizza tonight Yummy! I still have to do my cleaning and decluttering today but that should not be an issue.

Yay!
Old 05-01-2009, 06:04 PM   #38  

Height: 5'11

Hey Guys! My name is Pam i'm 25 years old and I live in Jacksonville Florida. I live at home with the parents for now which is a huge struggle for me. I seriously started watching my health about a year ago after the end of a bad 4 year relationship. I lost about 40lbs In the process and slowly stopped working so hard. LUCKILY I didn't gain it back and was able to maintain it. I knew if i did it before i could do it again so I started to get serious again around November. I got the motivation to stick to it with the fact I was flying to Chicago to meet my bf for the first time(We met online) and i didn't want to be embarrassed by myself. Things turned out GREAT and im so happy i have him. He is one of the only people that support what im doing and helps me motivate myself. I want to do this not just for me but for him too. I want him to have something to brag about (I know it sounds kind of cheesy) Im soooo grateful in January after googling recipes i found this site. OMG Is this site a god send. This site really has helped me to stay on track with everything. I love all you guys <333

Here is my plan....

*1. PLAN: Im not really counting calories i did for a while but since i basically eat most of the same general things i know what i can and cannot eat in a day. So just watching what i put in my mouth.

*2. EXERCISE: I just recently started the C25K program, I walk 4+ miles every monday,wed,and fri, and I cycle anywhere from 14-20miles on Sundays. I also throw in a lil of the BL Cardio Max DVD, Plus Jillians kick box dvd, and its getting summer and time for pool laps!

*3. RELAXATION: Im with many of you girls with the bubble baths. I cant get enough of them. I also like to have most of one day to just spend talking to my bf

*4. WATER: I already drink a TON of it. I love water and prefer it to pretty much anything. I rarely drink soda ever since I was told I had a stomach ulcer. (which is why I also rarely drink anything with caffeine)

*5. DECLUTTER: I seriously need to go thru my closet and straighten up my room.

*6. PAMPERING: Keep my toenails painted and my hairy eyebrows plucked! haha

*7. OTHER: I will try to get along with the parents better even if it kills me and i don't agree with it.

*8. MOTTO: "Pain is weakness leaving the body"

*9. GOAL: I want to get into size 14 jeans!! Size 12 if im lucky!

*10. REWARD: NEW CLOTHES and I know this is odd but I really wanna look cute in tight bike shorts! So maybe just maybe I might get a pair.

Last edited by PammyFl; 05-01-2009 at 08:12 PM.
Old 05-01-2009, 07:30 PM   #39  
In it for the long run

S/C/G: 196/ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Hey everyone, I'm Kasey and I'm 22 years old. I am currently a senior at the University of New Orleans, majoring in Psychology. I graduate in December!! I will be taking 4 classes this summer (2 in class, 2 online) that start on June 4th. As for this semester, finals are over at the end of next week then I can devote my full time and energy into this challenge, and I can't wait!! Until then my exercise will probably be sporatic because of the intense studying.

#1. PLAN: I will be calorie counting, and staying within 1200-1300 calories. i will be tracking my daily food intake and exericse using Sparkpeople.

#2. EXERCISE: I plan on doing at least 2.5 hours/per day of exercise Monday-Friday. The first hour will consist of walking/jogging, the second hour will be a mixture of strength and DVD's, and the extra 30 minutes will start after finals are over (1 week from today), and that will be exercises in the pool.

#3. RELAXATION: For relaxation, I will stay in the pool after my workout and just relax and tan for at least 45 minutes.

#4. WATER: I plan on consuming at least 50 oz. a day, this is about 3 water bottles which I'm sure I can do, especially since the weather is so hot and humid down here.

#5. DECLUTTER: I still live with my parents so there is only so much I can do. But I will definitely be working on my room and my bathroom.

#6. PAMPERING: I will keep up a manicure and pedicure, as well as keep up my eyebrows (I tend to not pluck them until it gets noticeable)

#7. EXTRA: The extra area I will work on will be my job. Instead of standing there and being miserable, I will try to use it as an advantage to my workout. I work at the gift shop at my local zoo, and instead of just standing behind the counter being bored, I will keep walking around and picking things up or do calf raises behind the counter to burn extra calories.

#8. MOTTO: "The measure of success is not in how many times we pick ourselves up after falling, but in how often we can smile and carry on the same forward course after each obstacle."

#9. GOAL: My current weight is 170.4 lbs, my hips are 41 in., and my waist is 32.5 in. I would like to lost 10 lbs., and 2 inches off both my waist and hips. Therefore my goals are:
160.4 lbs, 39 in. hips, and 30 in. waist

#10 REWARD: As a reward, I will buy myself a cute new summer outfit.
Old 05-01-2009, 07:35 PM   #40  
Woman On A Mission

[QUOTE=zoochick777;2723468]
#3. RELAXATION: For relaxation, I will stay in the pool after my workout and just relax and tan for at least 45 minutes.

That sounds wonderful!!! Wish it was an option for me!!
Old 05-01-2009, 08:27 PM   #41  

Height: 5'11

I did the w1d1 c25k then spent half the day working on the pool. Its almost ready. I cant wait!
Old 05-01-2009, 09:45 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 297.4/ticker/190

Height: 5'3"

Well day one is almost officially over! I hope everyone had a great first day...and if not...you better get with it tomorrow..... No more procrastination!!!

I got through the day as planned.....its gonna be a tough month though for sure.....It rained all day and is supposed to rain for the next 10 days straight which means I will have to use the gym....I really HATE the gym...mainly because there is always so many people there (and there is ALWAYS someone there who sings the songs they are listening to on their MP3 player and I can't concentrate on what I'm trying to think about ) AND it is so boring. I love walking outside!

My workout during my soaps went by alot faster than I thought it would!

I'm ready for tomorrow!!! I'm going to bed early tonight so I can get up and get to the gym early...hopefully before the rush!
Old 05-01-2009, 10:09 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

I had a great day as well, melissa! I won't say it was easy, mainly because sticking with my eating plan strict again is going to take a lot of discipline for awhile. But, I am determined to get it back on track somehow.

I earned my first 6 points for the challenge, that felt nice...almost perfect, but I missed my first pamper session. Of all things to lose a point over you would think that'd be easy but I worked through it...why am I such a workaholic?
Old 05-01-2009, 10:33 PM   #44  
pretty.nerd.girl.

S/C/G: 9999999

Hey everyone, I'm Tamara, a twentysomething from NY.

#1. PLAN: I will be calorie counting, and staying at 1200 calories. I will plan meals using fitday.com and use WW/lower calorie recipes.

#2. EXERCISE: Rest day on May 1 to prepare and plan. Then two-a-days daily.
  • AM: Class at Ballys and 1 hour of cardio and light strength (or core work)
  • On non-class days, two hours of cardio, strength, and core work
  • PM: 2 mile walk and fitness DVD's. Add 1 mile each week.
  • Rain plan: late walks or 2 fitness DVD's.

#3. RELAXATION: Nightly bubble baths and quiet time to read and/or watch a movie.

#4. WATER: 84-100 oz of water per day.

#5. DECLUTTER: I live with my parents, so I will complete my private declutter list. This will be an exciting but challenging task.

#6. PAMPERING: Keep up my at-home mani/pedi. Relaxing bubble baths and time for reading. Drinking tea at night, and on weekend mornings. Once a week, I will do a head-to-toe "Pretty girl session" at home: wash and style hair, facial mask with steam treatment, full body salt scrub, bubble bath, mani and pedi... lots of work, but I'm worth it.

#7. EXTRA: Job search daily. Reasses job search strategy weekly until I get a position. Only apply for positions that I truly want, no matter how difficult this gets. Pray and live out my dreams and visions for my life.

#8. MOTTO: "Success is failure turned inside out" and "DON'T QUIT!"

#9. GOAL: My current weight is 167.5. My goal for May 31 is 163.

#10 REWARD: Salon mani and pedi

Last edited by Tamara; 05-06-2009 at 08:24 PM.
Old 05-01-2009, 10:48 PM   #45  
Ready for final round!

S/C/G: 217/189/168

Height: 5'3

Today went really well. I kicked off the beginning of may with a bang! I forced myself to excerise even though I really didnt feel like it. But I felt better after excerising for 45 mins. It was really worth it. Heres to a great month everyone!!!
Closed Thread