Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 03:02 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 297.4/ticker/190

Height: 5'3"

Talking May Bootcamp Challenge 2009

FINALLY! The moment you have all been waiting for! The SUMMER BOOTCAMP SERIES of 2009 is officially underway with the MAY 2009 BOOTCAMP CHALLENGE!

Everyone is to join! Get ready for a tough, butt kicking , no excuses, NO WHINING month of exercise, eating right, and losing some fat!!!

Hopefully everyone has there goals/plans ready to post!

Make sure you clean out your pantry/refrigerator/freezer is free of high calorie and high fat foods that you may binge on in a moment of weakness.

Let's get ready for a GREAT MONTH!!!

#1. Plan pretty much just have a set plan (YES you can change the plan through out the challenge if it isn't working for you..) this plan can be weight watchers, Jenny Craig, Counting Calories, anything as long as you have an accountable way of watching what you eat! And keep a journal of your plan and your daily intake/accomplishments.

#2. EXERCISE Put in a minimum number of 300 minutes of exercise per week. Make sure you include strength training as well as cardio with your boot camp workouts! That muscle will burn more calories and fat....even when your sleeping

#3. Relaxation You need to include some kind of relaxation technique WEEKLY....This can be a long bubble bath, a picnic with your family, a date night, curling up to a good book, a few hours alone to yourself, or anything that you really enjoy. Your gonna be working hard! So...you will need some time to relax and rejuvinate!

#4. Water Set a goal that you KNOW you can drink for this month...each month increase that by at least 20 ounces per month.

#5. Declutter your home - This is really important because it is hard to prepare healthy meals and lead a healthy life style if the kitchen is always dirty and there isn't anywhere to even sit down and eat a meal at! www.flylady.net is a great place to get started with this! But this will be an on going thing throughout each month! Collect things you don't need anymore and have a yard sale...your gonna need all that money for a new wardrobe at the end of the summer bootcamp challenges!

#6. Pamper/Grooming - No matter what size you are.....you deserve to be treated like a queen and to look like a queen! Budgets do not matter here....you can do at home facials/manicures/pedicures/etc. with household items around kitchen/bathroom! It is a proven fact that the better we look and feel about ourselves the better care we take of ourselves! Do this weekly as well!

#7. Each month pick another area of your life to work on that isn't affiliated with weight loss...it could be working out and sticking to a budget, spiritual, organization, relationships, job/career, school, etc!

#8. Motto/Mantra - Last summer each bootcamp required everyone to pick a motto/mantra to live by for the month...it was fun and motivating to see what people could come up with...and some were truely inspiring! So we will include this also!

#9. Goals Don't forget to list all of your goals for weight/inches/etc lost....and list our goals for the month! We will weigh in weekly, and at the end of the month assess our accomplishments before moving on the the next month!

#10. REWARD Last but not least....everyone will be required to pick some kind of reward for meeting your goals at the end of the month. This will give you something to work toward!

Last edited by McKenziesmomma; 04-30-2009 at 03:04 PM.
Old 04-30-2009, 03:22 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 198/155/150

Height: 5ft6"

I have done all 10 things. Ready to rock and roll. Went to sporting goods and bought the piece of equipment I was wanting. Went to grocery and bought apples, cukes etc to get my new eating plan off on the right foot. note book and pencil is ready. got nail polish for manicure and pedicure, got a couple of fizzy ball for hot bath relaxation. I have 2 really HOT summer dresses picked out as rewards. Put it to us Melissa!!!!! Pat
Old 04-30-2009, 03:23 PM   #3  

Wink Here we GO!!!

FINALLY! I'm so excited the challenge is here...and we get to start tomorrow!

As for an introduction...my name is Melissa! I'm 27 (I will be 28 June 1st). I am a full time student (Senior finally!!!) at UTM in Tennessee. I am majoring in secondary education focusing in Biology and Chemistry and hope to teach at the high school level. I have been married going on five years, and I have the most beautiful 21 month old baby girl! I am looking forward to being out of school this summer and having lots of fun with her and the hubby (as well as losing weight). I have been overweight since about my Sophemore year in high school. I'm ready to make this summer my last morbidly obese summer. I hope to just be overweight by the end of the summer.....alright that is enough about me...I'm off to post my goals!!! Let's get ready for a GREAT MONTH!!!

#1. Plan My plan is to count calories. I will be eating 1500 calories per day, and I plan on blogging my food daily on the blog I have here at 3FC. This will help keep me accountable, and I will be able to look back over my food to see what changes I need to make!

#2. EXERCISE I plan on putting in 2 hours of exercise daily. 1.5 hours of cardio and 1/2 hour of strength. I'm going to split the exercise up and do a half hour walk in the morning with my daughter in the stroller, a half hour of strength training while watching my soaps after lunch, and an hour of walking after dinner in the evening. I have a back up plan that includes a 24 hour gym membership and plenty of bootcamp DVDs for when it is rainy or too hot outside.

#3. Relaxation My relaxation will be at least a 30 minute bubble bath once per week complete with candles...and maybe a back rub if I can talk the hubby into it...LOL

#4. Water 80 ounces of water per day.

#5. Declutter your home - I have already been to www.flylady.net and gotten my control journal updated. I have my house decluttered and now I'm ready to keep it that way with the plan set forth in my control journal!!!

#6. Pamper/Grooming - Eyebrows waxed, pedicure (with toenails painted), and a facial will be done weekly. No matter what I'm determined to shave my legs at least everyother day...I know it sounds bad....but since I'm so fat I don't wear shorts or anything and usually only shave once a week...UGGHH! Also, I PROMISE to do my make up everyday and I'm trying to grow my hair out so I can do something with it...LOL!

#7. Extra area to work on - Finances/budget will be my focus this month! I'm determined to come out under budget...maybe I can use some of that extra money to fund my reward

#8. Motto/Mantra - Being fat is hard, eating healthy is hard, exercising is hard.....pick your hard!

#9. Goals Okay...so I'm going to list where I am currently and what my goals are....
Weight - 264/250 (that is right...I'm going for 14 pounds lost this month )
Bust - 51/48 (-3 inches)
Waist -53/51 (-2 inches)
Hips -56/54 (-2 inches)
Thighs - 28/27 (-1 inch)
Be able to fit comfortably in my Lane Bryant Jeans! See below

#10. REWARD I have a pair of pants that are BRAND NEW from Lane Bryant. I can pull them up and button them but they are SUPER TIGHT I want to be able to fit into them comfortably...with no fat rolls! That will be one reward...but I'm goin to buy myself a cute top and new pair of flip flops to go with them...as well as getting a pedicure (I have a gift certificate for that )

Last edited by McKenziesmomma; 05-08-2009 at 09:45 AM.
Old 04-30-2009, 03:55 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 220/220/175

Height: 5'-8"

My name is Amy, I have struggled with my weight since I was about 12 years old, I have had major loss/gain in the last 20 years. I have been doing LA weight loss for the past 8 weeks and have about 8 more weeks to go until my plan expires.

My plan is finsh my LA plan. I weigh and measure all foods. I eat a limited amount of starches and fats. I eat 12oz of protein a day, 3 fruits, 2 dairy, 3 straches, and 2 fats.

Exercise- I do a cardio work out and a body scuplt work out DVD. I try to walk 2 miles 5 days a week. I also frequently chase a 1 year old around

Relaxation- I will try to take sometime on the weekends to get get a pedicure or papmer myself in someway

Water- I drink 64oz a day right now, The past 3 days I have gotten in 80oz so I hope to continue the 80oz a day with NO diet sodas

For my home I plan to clean out some closets and our storage room get rid of things I am holding onto and make room for all the clothes I am going to buy when I loose

When I loose 20 pounds (5 more pounds) i will get highlights

Old 04-30-2009, 04:23 PM   #5  
Haley wants to run!

Height: 5'9"

My name is Haley, I'm 27 I have a 5 yr old daughter. I'm going to be a sophmore at champlain college in vermont. my major is accounting.

Plan: calorie counting

exercise: I'll try to do 300 of cardio minutes per week and 2 days of weights

relaxation: ill make a little time to just do nothing

water: 64 ounces a day

organization: this week i will deep clean my room

grooming: ill paint my nails

extra area to work on: i will try to spend more time with my boyfriends mom

matra: "I want my tattoo...I want my tattoo"

goals: cw 293.2
may gw 285

reward: either a new exercise dvd or a new pair of earrings
Old 04-30-2009, 04:31 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Melissa - I really like your format, so I'm going to borrow it for my post.

Hi, I'm Antonia. I'm 23, and I work as a Cost Accountant (no, I won't do your taxes, seriously, even accountants hate taxes ). I live at home with my parents, and eight younger siblings. I've always been a "hefty" child, but I climbed up to 220 my senior year of college. I started my journey to fitness October 4, 2007, and I've lost over 65 pounds. I hope to make it down to my goal weight by the middle of July, in time for my summer vacation.

#1. Plan My plan is calorie cycling. I keep my average around 1500, generally following this setup; M-1300, T-1500, W-1300, Th-1500, F-1700, Sa-1300, Su-1500.

#2. EXERCISE I cycle my exercise as well. I actually measure my workouts by calories, not by minutes, but I have a general idea of how long it takes me to burn a certain number of calories. MWF I burn at least 800 calories, which takes me at least an hour. TThSa I shoot for 1200 calories, which can take from 90-2hrs. Sunday is my day of rest. Lately I been doing strictly intervals on the treadmill, but I plan on adding in some strength training and a bit of yoga.

#3. Relaxation I'm still working on this. I am going to try to do yoga at least once a week, and I usually spend one night a week holed up in my room with a good movie, a cup of tea, and some candles.

#4. Water I don't think I'll be able to add much water to my daily intake throughout the summer, as I already drink anywhere from 100-140 ounces a day. But I can commit to drinking no more than two diet sodas per day.

#5. Declutter your home - As I said before, I live with my parents, so I'm sort of limited as to what I can do here. I am working on setting up a routinue for my bedroom and bathroom, to keep them decluttered.

#6. Pamper/Grooming I have recently fallen in love with a BBW lotion (moonlight path) so I'll promise to keep using it! I've been seriously considering getting layers put in my hair......we'll see.

#7. Extra area to work on - I am going to work on being gracious to my family. One of my New Years Resolutions was to cultivate a gracious demeanor, and I've done really well outside of the home, but for some reason it is so easy to be mean and nasty to the ones you care about the most.

#8. Motto/Mantra - Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishments - Robert Lewis Stevenson

#9. Goals I want to lose 4.2 pounds this month. I don't know if that will be possible, as I am so close to my ultimate goal, but I'm still going to shoot for it.

#10. REWARD Gosh, I have no idea what to put here. I don't really deny myself anything, so I can't think of anything to use a motivational reward. Maybe I'll think of something as the month progresses.

Beginning Stats
Weight - 156.0 lbs
Body Fat - 27.0%
Bust - 37 3/4 inches
Waist - 30 inches
Hips - 38 inches
Arms - R 12 inches, L 12 inches
Thighs - R 23 inches, L 23 inches
Calves - R 16 inches, L 16 inches

Last edited by MonteCristo; 05-18-2009 at 10:31 AM.
Old 04-30-2009, 05:08 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 198/155/150

Height: 5ft6"

I need to post what I am going to be doing starting tomorrow. Here it is

#1. Plan~ My plan is to count calories. I will be eating 1200 calories per day, and I plan on journaling my food daily in my Just For Today Plan and here daily so I am accountable. This way I will be able to look back over my food to see what changes I need to make! It is all about my being accountable for what I eat. Writing it all down works best for me.

#2. EXERCISE~ I plan on putting in 3 hours of exercise daily. 1 hour of cardio walking, biking, or running with my dogs. 1 hour of strength training. I am going to do my kettlebell work out 3 days + 3 days of stretchy band workouts a week. I can do kettlebell while watching tv or do a dvd that came with it. I have a back up plan, I have a membership at the ymca. I have a new swim suit that needs used and treadmill walking if it rains or is too hot and humid to exercise outside. I also have a bootcamp DVD that uses hand weights for when it is too hot or humid outside.

#3. Relaxation My relaxation will be at least a 30 minute bubble bath and fizzy bath balls complete with candles. I feel so special using candles this is also a good time to enjoy a facial. It is heaven!!!

#4. Water If this includes Chrystal lite I can start off at 64 ounces and work up to 80 ounces. If not I need a plan B. Plain water and I don't get along.

#5. Declutter your home - I have used www.flylady.net. She overwhelms me at times. This is an area I really need to work on. I am not overly organized. I have 2 hot spots I def need to work on.

#6. Pamper/Grooming - I have polish for manicures pedicures. a complete facial will be done weekly. My face is starting to show stress, I have let my face go. I bought some face wipes at Wallys today so even when it is hot I can keep my face clean and fresh. I LOVE egg white and honey facial masks. Also, my DD is helping me do make up. I have natural minerals powder and blush, lip gloss, eye liner, and lip stick, I will use everyday. I'm trying to grow my hair out to one length. I bought these funky hair pillow curlers and some spray gel. I promise to use these every night. My grand son told me Monday my hair looks bad. I need a new hair style. Startling realization I need to fix up my hair!!!!!

#7. Extra area to work on - I need to sit down and write out all my bills and expenses. Then what I bring home each month so I can get budget under control again. April really blew my groove!!! I'm determined!!

#8. Motto/Mantra -All Things are possible because I am worth the effort.

#9. Goals ....Weight -I'm going for 10 pounds lost in May
Bust - bra band 37 1/2 -2 1/2 inches

Waist - just above navel 41 -3 inches

Hips - 45 -2 inches

Thighs - Left 24 1/2 right 25 -1 inch~~I would love to be a comfortable size 14 by the end of May!! Hard work pays off!!

#10. REWARD I have 2 pair of pants that I wore 2 years ago one is a size 14 the other is a size 12. Neither pair comes close to fitting me. I would like to be able to fit into the size 14s by the end of the month...I have a closet FULL. It would be like finding a new wardrobe of clothes..By the end of June in a size 12. I have enough 12s in the closet to get through until I can buy updated things to mix and match with what I already have. That will be one reward...An extra special reward if I meet these goals is a pair of sandals..to show off my pedicure!! I found a gorgous pair at Gordmans!!!
Old 04-30-2009, 06:00 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonteCristo View Post
for some reason it is so easy to be mean and nasty to the ones you care about the most.
WOW! How true! i think it is becuase we take them for granted knowing that they HAVE TO LOVE US because they are family and what not. I was thinking about this just the other day. Sometimes I can be such a butt to my husband. I have already decided to get "The Love Dare" book and have that be my area to work on next month.....you should check that book out from the library and try it on your family...you may not be able to do ALL parts as it is for a husband and wife type deal....but you should be able to do the majority....it breaks stuff down into daily steps.... like

Day one - No matter what happens today...don't say anything bad or negative to or about your spouse...and you would just do it for ...mom/dad/siblings

Day two - Do something nice/unexpected for _______ without wanting anything in return (something like that)...... like wash/vacuum their car, clean the house, run an errand for them...something unexpected that you can do that shows them you care....in the movie he brewed coffee for his wife and made her a cup of coffee and put out flowers in the morning for her...it doesn't have to cost anythign...

Then Day three you do ......

I think with family we get so comfortable with each other and like I said...we know we gotta love each other cause we are family....so we say and do things and act selfishly....knowing they will still be there.....but sometimes all it takes is one person to start a new trend....
Old 04-30-2009, 08:25 PM   #9  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Hi. I'm Rhonda. I'm a 44 year old Mom and wife of 15 years. I have two daughters, 13 and 9 years old. I live on the outskirts of Atlanta, Georgia and I work from home for a healthcare administrator. Two years ago, I lost 30 pounds and have maintained that loss. Now, I'm back on-plan and will meet goal this year! I love decorating, animals, reading and watching TV.

#1 - I am a calorie counter.
#2 - I am committing to 360 minutes of cardio per week and 90 minutes of strength training. I am in week 2 of a 13 week beginning running program. There is also a weight lifting class I will try-out at my fitness center.
#3 - Relaxation - I like to sit down with a hot cup of herbal tea in the evening after the kids are in bed and enjoy a good TV show.
#4 - Water - I will drink 64 ounces daily.
#5 - Decluttering - I'm good.
#6 - Pamper/Grooming - I will get dressed each morning instead of working in my jammies.
#7 - Other Area - I will work on my relationship with the daughters by spending one-on-one time with each of them each week.
#8 - Motto - "Act as if it were impossible to fail."
#9 - Goals - 10 pounds lost and to run for 2 straight minutes. I also want to fit back into my size 24 Levi's.
#10 - Reward - I want Jillian Michael's new book.

Last edited by GirlyGirlSebas; 05-01-2009 at 07:52 AM.
Old 04-30-2009, 08:54 PM   #10  
Woman On A Mission

S/C/G: 160/Ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

Default Okay, here goes......

#1 Plan - Calorie Counting using "Lost It" app on my iPod Touch.

#2 Exercise - 440 minutes/week minimum workout time. These minutes include 3 days at gym for an hour each, pilates 3x a week for 1 hour and 2 sessions of cardio) on 2 of the pilates days - not really "boot camp", but since I am doing an actual BC starting the 19th this is what I will do for now!!!

#3 Relaxation - That's a hard one since I am fortunate to have time to do that often. But probably my favorite "relaxation" time is on my deck hanging with the BF!! Maybe I will take a Jacuzzi bath once a week - I never do it!

#4 Water - Two - 33.8 oz bottles of Smart Water plus more in a cup next to my bed at night.

#5 De-clutter - Hard for me to de-clutter as I am a neat freak. But I will straighten out kitchen cabinets and junk drawers...been wanting to do this for years. Also will start to prepare for the neighborhood yard sale in first week of June!!

#6 Pamper - I already treat myself to either a mani every week. Maybe I will tell the BF he "has to" massage me once a week!!! He hates doing it!!

#7 Work on Meditating - I like it but never seem to do it!!!

#8 Motto - You are FINALLY doing it, girlfriend!!!!

#9 Goals - Weight loss - 1.5 - 2 pounds a week.
Not sure what is a doable inch loss, but I have measured and would like to see every area decrease a little.

#10 Reward - Clothes shopping - maybe some cute new shorts!!!
Old 04-30-2009, 09:37 PM   #11  
Not Giving Up

Height: 5'9"

Hi I'm Kathy. I am a 40 year old wife and mom to 3 kids, Nana to 1 granddaughter.

#1 sticking to a clean eating lifestyle, that includes not going more than 3 hours without eating something but staying within 1700 a day.
#2 Exercise will be power walking 25 miles a week, and doing 30 DS everyday
#3 Relaxation will be spending time with my youngest, playing his favorite
card game...go fish.
#4 Water I will drink 8 glasses of water a day
#5 Decluttering - ok will see what I can do.
#6 Pampering/Grooming...I'll have to think of something here.
#7 Other Area - I would like to spend a little more time with just my hubby
and me just having a walk together, or something like that.
#8 Motto - Rhonda your motto - Now that is good. That really made me
stop and think. Can I use it too?
#9 Goal to lose 10 lbs, and to get past week 4 on the running plan
10 Reward - I will get the Eat Clean Cookbook.
Old 04-30-2009, 10:19 PM   #12  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

My name is Mindy and I have been working on this since Jan. 08. I lose slowly but I am very determined and never give up. I am 48 and pre-menopausal. that gives me some grief on the weight loss front. I don't go off plan and I workout almost everyday. I will reach my goals....someday. Sometimes I whine and complain and sometimes I'm on top of the world. I will certainly give this my best shot.

Okay I am going to give this my best shot.

#1 Plan- I count and record calories. I aim for 1300-1400 a day

#2 Exercise- I like to switch things up and do something different everyday. So my workouts will vary daily.

#3 Relaxation- I love to curl up with a book. So I am planning more time for reading.

#4- Water- I will really work on this one, especially since it will be summer. 2, hopefully 3 bottles a day.

#5 de-clutter- I have a ton of flower beds to clean up and a garage that is driving me crazy. i must get those things done.

#6 Pampering- I'm not so good at this one. I'll have to work on it.

#7 Finances- I will try to get my credit card balances down and get my budget inline.

#8 Motto- My motto since I started this journey is "Doing it This Time".

#9 Goal- My goal is to lose 4 pounds a month. It's not much, but it's about all I can handle.

#10 Reward- I want a size 14 jeans. I will have a size 14 jeans.

I currently weigh 191 and would love to be in the 170's by the end of this challenge.

Last edited by mtiger; 04-30-2009 at 10:24 PM.
Old 04-30-2009, 10:38 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 183/177/160

Height: 5'2"

hi I am Ashlan. I am 25 and I have been on my WL journey since August 08 consistently. I have 13 more pounds to lose to get to my goal weight...which may change IDKY.

#1. Plan I will be eating 24 points per day, I do Weight Watchers. I eat 90% whole foods and try and stay away from anything processed.

#2. EXERCISE I am currently training for a 10K in June. I clock about 12 miles a week. So my mileage goal this month is 45 miles. I also do a 20/20/20/20 3X's a week. I plan to do the Pushup challenge starting monday as well. I don't realy count minutes as much as miles.

#3. Relaxation My relaxation will be to finish New Moon (the second book of the twilight saga) and a relaxing bath once each week.

#4. Water 48oz of clear water (no crystal light) each day.

#5. Declutter your home - I have already been to www.flylady.net and gotten my control journal updated. I am in the process of decluttering my home and hope to be finished by month's end. I am doing well so far.

#6. Pamper/Grooming - Eyebrows waxed, pedicure (with toenails painted) bi-weekly. Also I get my hair done 3X's.

#7. Extra area to work on - Finances/budget will be my focus this month! I want to have money left over and be able to put aside some money for goal rewards.

#8. Motto/Mantra - Unless you puke, faint or die, keep going! -Jillian Michaels

#9. Goals Okay...so I'm going to list where I am currently and what my goals are....
Run 5k in under 36:50
Pushup Challenge (thru week 4)
Weight - 178 / 171
Be able to fit comfortably in any 10. That will be a true ten.

#10. REWARD I am going to have an hour massage and get a new tattoo!

Last edited by CakeBatter; 04-30-2009 at 10:45 PM.
Old 04-30-2009, 10:52 PM   #14  
Ready for final round!

S/C/G: 217/189/168

Height: 5'3

#1 PLAN: 1,200 Calorie Diet, Calorie Counting, Lacto-Vegetarian diet.

#2. EXERCISE: 600 Minutes Cardio Excerise, 500xLifting Weights, 400 Crunches in May.

#3. RELAXATION: Comes in morning before everyone in the house is awake.

#4. WATER: Drink 64 fl oz water everyday.

#5. DECLUTTER YOUR HOUSE: To be able to come home everyday and have the house organized completely before bed. dishes, messes cleaned etc.

#6. PAMPER/GROOMING: Once a week taking a nice long bath with salts, doing complete care on my body face to toes!

#7. EXTRA AREA TO WORK ON: House Organization && Time Management.

#8. MOTTO: No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, for those who have been trained by it, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace.
Hebrews 12:11

#9. GOALS: I've gained 2 lbs from lack of excerise over last couple of weeks so that brings me to 197lbs. So my May goal is to weigh 184lbs at end of the month. That will be a weight loss total of 13lbs. I also want to quit coffee completely! So I will be putting tea in place of coffee. Healthy lifestyle, Here I come.

#10. REWARD: I want to really reward myself- so hopefully will keep me on track. Hopefully the incentive will boost it.
CD player
WOW gospels #1s
Vegetarian Times Complete Cookbook

Old 04-30-2009, 11:50 PM   #15  
sugar is the devil

Hello! My name is Caitlin and I am a 21 year old female, living in Kelowna, BC. I currently weigh 158lbs and I am 5'1". I have been overweight all my life; I was fine until about 4th grade, where I really ballooned up. I have been trying to lose weight since grade 10 (6 years ago). The lowest I saw on the scale at that time was 127lbs. I shot up to 195lbs after a couple of years dating an ex-boyfriend (ate a lot of junk food with him and stopped exercising; he was a bad influence). At the beginning of this year, I weighed around 170lbs (my ticker is set at 170 instead of 195 as my starting weight since the beginning of this year is when I started to really get serious about dropping the pounds). Well, now I am back on track and I am really persistent that this will be my FINAL time attempting weight loss. My dream/ultimate goal is 110lbs. Right now, I am in school for Registered Nursing. I am finishing up my 3rd year (have 2 months of summer practicums; starting in a few days). I have one more year to go!!
-----------------------------------

May Bootcamp

#1 Plan: I don't really follow a specific diet plan. I usually just try eating healthily and in small portions. I aim for a few snacks a day (so I will eat every 2-3 hrs). I used to count calories and log them in FitDay, I think I will be starting that up again. I aim for 1200 calories a day when I count.

#2 Exercise: I have just started weight lifting again. Actually, tomorrow (May 1) will be my first official day of weight lifting. I used to do it last year, and Jan 1 came and I decided just to focus on cardio to get my weight out of plateau. I plan to go to the gym 3-4 a week (about 1.5hr each session). I also would like to do intense cardio 2-3 times a week (anywhere from 45 minutes - 1.5 hr; depends what I'm doing). On my days off or my lazy days, I work out on my Wii Fit. I am starting summer school in a few days here so I'm going to be a workaholic but hopefully I can find time to do all of this!

#3 Relaxation: A nice bubble bath with some scented, lit candles. I will aim for this 1-2 times a week (to start). I love them but never make time for them since I can get lazy and procrastinate and by the time I do get up to take a bath, it's time for bed.

#4 Water: THIS I am really bad at. I always forget to go drink some water if it's not in front of me. Before I know it, half the day is gone and I hardly ingested any water. This month, I will make it my goal to carry around a water bottle/glass of water so I can remind myself to drink. I think I will try to aim for 1-1.5L a day.

#5 Declutter: Well, I live with my parents and I don't think they would appreciate me spring cleaning their stuff. But, my room and my car are EXTREMELY messy. I am a student, so I don't make time to clean my room or car on a regular bases. Garbage and clutter gets piled up... and now they are a big mess. This month, I will clean my room and car until it is sparkling. I start summer school in a few days here, so hopefully I can keep up with keeping my room clean and not get back into the habit of leaving piles everywhere.

#6 Grooming: I've been meaning to pretty up my nails. I will soon take out the ol' manicure kit and make those beauties sparkle! My eyebrows also need some care so I need to find the time to sit down soon and give them a good pluck or I could head down to a salon and get a good wax!

#7 Organization: I don't keep an agenda on me during school. Usually I just remember everything I need to do. But, for the next couple of months, I am doing a nursing practicum. So, I will be working a Registered Nurse schedule and not get paid for it (so 12 hr ****s, 2 days, 2 nights... and then 5 days off). During my 5 days off, I plan to work a couple of 12 hr shifts at my Care Aide job. Since my Care Aide job is casual and they call me for shifts, I need to make sure I don't have my preceptor shift the next day incase I get called to work a night shift the night before I need to work a preceptor shift. Confusing? Yes... so I plan to carry an agenda around with me so I don't get shifts mixed in with each other. This will be a big step for me... when I do try to use an agenda, I usually give up on it after a week of starting.

#8 Motto: No Pain, No Gain (this quote compliments my weight lifting I'm beginning this month)

#9 Goals: I'm going to have to edit this tomorrow or within the next couple of days since I don't have my measuring tape at my boyfriend's house...

Weight: 150lbs ( -6.6lbs)
Left Arm: 11.5" ( -.5")
Chest: 38" ( -1")
Abdomen: 35.5" ( -1")
Hips: 40" ( -.5")
Left Thigh: 23.5" ( -.5")
Left Calf: 14.5" ( -.5")

#10 Reward: I usually give myself a reward for every 10lbs lost, which is going to be at 150lbs. If I do manage to get there this month, than whoo-hoo! For that reward... I haven't decided on it yet. Something on the small scale. I'm thinking a new piercing (specifically tragus [the part of the ear that projects in front of the ear canal]). Or I am also planning on rewarding myself by buying a Lululemon Water Bottle Canteen (brand of popular yoga/workout clothing/supplies in Canada) so I won't have to drink water from plastic containers anymore.

Last edited by SweetScrumptious; 05-01-2009 at 08:20 PM.
Closed Thread