Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 02:18 PM   #571  
Kelly

S/C/G: 190/see ticker/130

Height: 5'5

Hello Ladies!
Lindy! WOO HOO You go girl! Rock out those size 12 pants! How exciting!!! I love the feeling of a smaller size good for you!!!

Burgandy: I hope you enjoy your vacation and that your sister is ok. I hope you can check in here and there to say hi at least. Have fun!!

Well.........I think today is a GREAT DAY!!! I gave my notice last night at work and feel like a huge weight has been lifted off of my shoulders I only got like 3 hours of sleep last night (really late night) and I still feel great!!
I will officially be done JUne 12th next Friday.And I am excited to sleep like a normal person and have family time with my hubby and kids.

I am having a garage sale this weekend and I am totally undecided if I should hang on to some jeans I desperatly want to wear again. I almost want to dig them out and make myself look at them daily for incentive!! But then again it's always nice to buy new clothes!? They have been put away in storage, and doing no good, I was thinking of hanging on to my favorite pair or two and keeping them out and seeing if this helps. Then selling the rest......I just don't know. Suggestions?
Old 06-02-2009, 02:26 PM   #572  

S/C/G: See signature

Kity - I would totally hang onto a couple of articles of clothing. Its funny you say that because I have a HUGE walk-in closet, seriously, its gigantic, and half of it is full of size 8-10 clothing from when I was thinner. Ironically, as soon as I determined my size 16 pants didnt fit anymore, I threw them into storage. My point is, keep them there for an incentive. I tried on a pair of jeans last month that would not go past my thighs, then I tried them on this past weekend and they made it to my booty (they are a size 13 but I think they run small), anyway - I keep using them as a measuring tool and it has really helped as an incentive. If you have the money to go on a brand new shopping spree when you get to your goal, go for it, Im jealous, but if money is tight at times and they are in good shape, I say hold onto them because you and I both know you WILL get to your goal.

Ok, quick update for me. I went to Crispers to get a salad for lunch and it was the most horrendous salad I have ever had in my life. The lettuce was brown in certain parts and veggies did not taste fresh. It cost me $7 flippin dollars and it had absolutely no protein, just rotten veggies (I mean literally rotten-yuck). Anyway, so now it is 230 and I am starving, but the good thing is Im not craving anything, so I am going to do a cup of coffee and an apple and call it a day until dinner. For dinner I am making steak with steamed veggies...something to look forward to.

Kinda quiet today...whats everyone up to?
Old 06-02-2009, 02:34 PM   #573  
Kelly

S/C/G: 190/see ticker/130

Thanks LIndy: I am thinking with not having my second job, that it is probably in my best interest to hang onto the jeans that I want to fit into they will feel like new anyways since it's been so long since I fit into some of them. I do have to adjust my spending, as I will not have the second job anymore, but I don't want to bring myself down by thinking I am making the wrong decision about leaving, I am totally burnt out and feel drained all the time and very ornery(sp?) and crabby. I want this to be a positive change!! So I guess that will answer the question about keeping the jeans out so I can try harder. I am so extremly happy, I love this mood!!
(I am surprised I think TOM is coming soon too!!)
Old 06-02-2009, 04:03 PM   #574  
Sandy....

S/C/G: 270/207.8/155

Goodafternoon Ladies! What a GREAt day it is!

Burgund - Oh, I too wish I were closer to you. I could snitch some veggies....LOL.....and we could work out together! It's good to bounce off someone else who is also close in weight - its a great motivator. Anyway, you are probably on the road, so I hope you have a safe, wonderful trip!

Lindy- Yes we have a few Curves here scattered about Deland, Deltona and Orange City or that may be Debary. I will call them, thanks for the great idea. I did call the YMCA, but they weren't hiring for PT help. However, the girl seemed 'not real knowledgeable' so I may call back and speak to someone else. Hey, HOOYA!! To the 12!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Awesome! I know you are walking on a cloud today and you deserve it! You have definitely motivated me more! LOL...... Oh, as far as home businesses, yes I love it, but I also worked in Corporate America and the City (Orlando Police), a total of over 25 years. Then when my kids were middle school & beginning high school, the critical years, I wanted to be more available - taking them to school and home. I was a single mom, and just didn't want them 'hanging' out with friends after school doing 'whatever.' When I was younger, I didn't have the work-at-home mindset, but when my daughter was entering middle school, I started researching ways to be home. You should stay on till vested, as that is a great nest egg for later. When I had to tap into my Orlando Police account, it was a lifesaver!!

Kity - Hang on to them, as it is 'wonderful' when you can put them on and enjoy! As I grow out of my fat clothes, I toss them. I actually put on a pair of jean shorts today, that I couldn't get a leg in a while back. Today I wore them to Publix!! Size 14. I'm trying to catch up to Lindy!!! LOL......

Ok, got my workout in this morning and have been on the laptop most of the day doing work. I need to get in the kichen and finish already........ugh!! Maybe in an hour. Take care all!

Last edited by mygritsconfessions; 06-02-2009 at 04:05 PM.
Old 06-02-2009, 08:16 PM   #575  
focus on me

Height: 5'3"

burgundy, your garden sounded so good that i bought most of it at the store! i got salad, cucumber, tomatoes, peppers, onion, watermelon, blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, grapefruit, pineapple and more. mmmm! i hope your sis is gonna be ok.

nicole - size 12! sweet, oh my, i should buy a pair and nail them to the wall-no the fridge- to remind myself what i'm working for. a tomato with a mop...now that's a picture! haha! well, if you're like me, the sunburn will turn tan in no time. so sorry about your luck with washer and car. and sometimes you have to sleep in darn it! hope your workout was good with the late start.

sandy - i hope you get those cupboards done soon or you'll miss out on summer! lol! i may have to get a part time job myself-just wish it was for keeping busy like you. ugh!

kity - it sounds like you need a vacation. all i can say is hang in there. maintaining is good, especially when you are stressed! and you aren't babbling. you're telling us what's going on and how it's affecting you. that's what we are here for! at least you have an end in sight! you'll bounce back! i say hang onto 1 pair of the old jeans-a pair that you are dying to get into. nicole has the right idea to use them as for measurements.

neesy - how was swimming? are you tan or bronze now? lol! i have a friend who wants to teach me to swim this year. i have a suit that's actually cute on me! sounds like you're holding on, you will have a good number in a week or two-i know it!

hope everyone else is doing well!!

today i kept track of what i ate and my calories (cantaloupe, yogurt, left over chicken kabobs w/veggies and 1 corn cob, FF tapioca pudding cup and raspberries-about 550 cal.) this was at work. then i went to store and was craving pasta when i got home. poop! at least it was wheat pasta. i had canned dixie chili and LF cheese. note bad, but when you eat waaaay too much of it, it doesn't matter. at least i tracked what i ate before i went nuts tonight.

i cut up the pineapple, and now i have so much fruit it's insane! but i have equal amounts of veggies for salad and will make my own dressing tonight so it can be ready to make lunch tomorrow. i have dairy/protein and all kinds of frozen lean meat. there is no excuse with food the next 2 weeks. now i just gotta get off my butt!
Old 06-03-2009, 09:06 AM   #576  

Sandy - did you get the kitchen done? If not Im going to start holding you accountable for that too, not just weight loss - lol. Any luck on posting the pics of you and your kids? I know you were having trouble last week.

Kelly - I am so excited to hear you planned accordingly this week with fruits, veggies and recording your calories. Even if you dont change your eating habits right away (indulging here or there), once you look at your food journal you can start cutting or substituting here or there. I think we need to SEE what we consume in order to educate ourselves, your right on track. Oh, I dont know if anyone else does this but if Im in the mood for pasta, sometimes I make it at night and eat it the next morning for breakfast. I know, most people cant eat dinner for breakfast but I have no issues with it and I had read an article where it said if you MUST consume pasta or breads, try to do so in the morning and preferably right after a good work out. Your metabolism will burn it off faster AND it will give you energy for the day. Just a thought.

I am kinda tired today and a little...eh. Not bad, just eh. I wanted to sleep in this morning and pushed myself to get to the gym because I knew I wouldnt be able to go tonight (I have to go shopping for a washing machine and dye my moms hair for a wedding that shes leaving for tomorrow.

Anyway, I had raisin bran for breakfast and a Pepsi, gosh that Pepsi was so darn good. Anyway, that unfortunately put me at 500 calories already. I gotta be good today. We will see. Ill touch base later.
Old 06-03-2009, 11:44 AM   #577  
Sandy....

Hello Ladies!

Accountable - Whoa! Ok, now I need to get it in gear, right? LOL.....Kelly and Lindy, no I haven't finished and I know I am dragging my feet now. I think psychologically in my subconscious I know the worst cabinet is coming, the spice cabinet, and I am sooooooo dreding it! LOL........I mean it is 'stuffed' with crap! I did finish the oven, finally. All I have left are two drawers, the bottom cabinets with pots/pans, and cookware, two top cabinets to just wipe out, the fridgerator and the dredded spice cabinet. Gosh, when I list it on here it sounds like alot!! UGH! I have done more than I have left though......lol. My goal is to get the drawers done, and the two bottom cabinets (maybe) today. I also have to wash the dog, vacuum and mop today. Sooooo, we will see. Kelly, staying home is nice, but you can get bored, which is why I have daily tasks, plus I do some work online for our home business. The part-time thing would be to have something outside the home, but hey, the extra cash is nice too!! So, it would be for money also!

Lindy, I never did try the pics again. I will now, but if nothing shows then.....heck, I don't know! Alina is leaving Sunday for Kings Bay. Today she came back from the beach house to go to Orlando to see my mom (her grandma), then back to the beach house tonight. Hard life huh? LOL.........

Burgund, hope you made it safely and are having a wonderful time with family. Also, pray your sisters surgery went well.

Today is good, but for some reason I am unusually hungry. I am not going and eating because I feel hungry and my stomach is growling. Its weird but my snacking habits are completely gone. I don't eat on impulse anymore. Everynight I used to be a HUGE night snacker. I mean bad!!! For some reason the last two weeks, I eat dinner at six and thats it. I can lay in bed from 9pm on with hungry, stomach growling and all, but have no interest in going to the kitchen. I guess getting the chemicals out really has helped!! Cool! Oh, I am down another pound too.......Woo Hoo!

I will check in later and pic's are below if they loaded!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Memorial Weekend 010.JPG (25.4 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg Memorial Weekend 019.JPG (22.5 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg Memorial Weekend 022.JPG (56.4 KB, 11 views)
Old 06-03-2009, 01:25 PM   #578  

Mygrits - love the pics - thanks for sharing! Your daughter is so pretty (so are you). I can totally see the weight loss in that pic in comparison to some pics that I see on your blog. You got me motivated to clean my cabinets out, Ill be getting on that maybe in the next 2 weeks.

Had a good, filling lunch. Soup with Chicken sausage and kale. YUM. Today is a crazy day for me. Sometimes I think I have ADD with my boss, he swears he is telling me things and I completely miss it. Its very frustrating and I have never had this problem before but no biggie, I try to shine in other ways.
Old 06-03-2009, 08:12 PM   #579  
focus on me

Height: 5'3"

nicole, that is a great idea! i am one of those with NO problem eating whatever, whenever. i love breakfast for dinner too! yeah, the pasta is a 'make me feel good now' thing, then when it's gone...ALL of it, i don't feel so good anymore. and carbs at night do sabotage... they hinder the growth hormone which boosts metabolism (quoting jillian-of course!)

sandy, from the sound of it, you have a huge kitchen. i kitchen i have now it like 1/3 the size of my last one and with bout 1/5 the cabinet space-but i do have a pantry. and speaking of chemicals in food, i have got to get started on that book! i bought 3 books in 2 weeks and keep trying to rotate along with everything else, good grief! oh my gosh, look at your daughter in uniform...she is soooo cute! i know, cute not the word she or anyone in the service would like, but she is! you two look so much alike, and you look so good!

today i kept track of my foods, calories and all! so when i got home a few minutes ago (mom stuff again...ggrrr!), i was starved, but still put a salad together. yay me! haha! so when i'm done here, i will eat that and watch some boob-tube. i swear, i have to get the mom thing under control so i can come straight home and do 30ds. i finally got to watch it so i know what i'm in for and i think i can handle it. i know - silly girl you say (and snicker ). i'm sure it will kick my butt, but there's nothing in there that i can't do. it's just endurance/cardio that will get me for a while.

well gonna go have my salad with tomato, chick peas, red and green pepper and home made LF ranch. sure wish i had a boiled egg!
Old 06-04-2009, 10:27 AM   #580  

Kelly - is it possible you can do the 30 DS before you start your day? I know its easier said than done but at least if you get home from an exhausting day, you can just relax. In the morning, there is usually no detours. Just a suggestion. I had originally planned to exercise 2 mornings a week and 3 inevenings a week when I first started the gym, after I kept slacking on going in the evening, I realized that the only way I was going to be successful was to do all mornings which I have stuck with and it seems to have worked well.

Anyway - morning ladies. I am mildly ticked off. Its not even a big deal, just iritating. I go to the farmers market every weekend, well the past 2 weekends I have purchased berries (blackberries, raspberries, strawberries and blueberries) and they ALL have mold on them, after only 3 days of sitting in my fridge. I mean, I know you have to eat fruits and veggies fast but thats just too fast for me. Anyway, I returned them last time this happened and they let me pick out new ones, well this weekend I wont be able to do that because Im going to the water park on Saturday. Grrrr.....which means Im out about $10. Once again, not a big deal and it certainly is not going to break the bank but just irritating because not only am I out money but now I have no fruit for the next couple days (or at least, until I make it to the grocery store). So, today I woke up CRAVING a bagel with cream cheese, I was just dying for it. So I went to the store and got whole grian english muffins with 1/3 less fat garden veggie cream cheese...mmmm....it was a delicious! A waste of 200 calories, but still delicious. I have no idea what Im doing for lunch, I know I have to stay light. My Grandmother is making a huge Italian meal tonight because my Uncle from Tennessee is visiting so there is no way Im saying no to that, I love Italian and even more so, my Grandma's Italian. Im pretty proud of myself today. I went to reset my alarm to sleep in and after 10 minutes of laying there, I got my butt up and made it to the gym. I had skipped Monday (I think it was Monday) and Im not going to make it on Saturday so I wanted to make sure I did at least 4 days. Lets hope I can be as strong tomorrow.

Ill check in later.
Old 06-04-2009, 01:40 PM   #581  
Sandy....

Hello Eveyone,

Well, gosh Take-a-deep-breath and Lindy, you both made me feel wonderful with the compliments..........thank you! I had 3 other pictures loaded, but for some reason they didn't take. They were of Alina and her brother 'hamming' it up and driving me nuts! LOL...they are good at that. She is a cutie and I am so proud of her. Thank you for saying I look smaller (cheekbones I guess). I have a ways to go, but both of you made me feel good and I appreciate it.

Kitchen, well Kelly it isn't big, just alot of crap! LOL......I wonder how I even got some of it in there! LOL.......I am closer. I hope to do the two bottom cabinets today and then tomorrow.........the dreaded spice cabinet........and fridge............now I'm depressed. I can't wait for it to be over. It does look good and I love opening a drawer or cubboard and its clean and organized!

I got my workout in, which is why I am laying here pooped...I will get up in a moment, dry my hair and get busy. Lindy, boy I know what you mean with the bad fruit. I get sooooo irritated when that happens, because the last thing I want to do is go back to the store or farmers market again. The bagel sounded delicious though!! Kelly, your salad sounded yummmy too. I love chickpeas!

Bye for now.
Old 06-04-2009, 02:37 PM   #582  

S/C/G: 214/196/175

Height: 5'6"

Hello Girls,

This is the 1st time ( I think) that I have posted in this thread, and It looks nice and busy so I thought i'd hop on in and say Hola!!!

So quick intro, I am 27, live in the North East of England (no I am not a geordie hehe but very close) and I have lost 24lbs so far, I started in January and had a great first 2 months then plataued for march/april and now I've started to move again. Getting my butt into gear now so looking for some new inspiration to help

Well I'll go now, and catch up tomorrow

See ya all later

Koshi
Old 06-04-2009, 03:21 PM   #583  

WELCOME KOSHI!!!

We have a great group of girls in here that "talk" alot. You might get some TMI moments in here now and again but they are great nonetheless.

Jump right in with your stories. In this group we do hold each other accountable, so if your MIA for a week, we will question it. Everyone goes through their ups and downs and we are here for each other through and through. I am in the same boat as you, I came out strong in January and February losing 20 pounds fast, then had a family emergency and didnt lose in March or April, I jumped back on the band wagon in May and have SLOWLY been taking it off, hey - at least Im not putting it on, right?

Anyway, that leads me to my lunch...duh...duh.....duh...duh...oh I was dreading this post, but I have to be honest. Me and my co-worker who I never get to have lunch with (because of issues with lunch coverage), well, we were actually able to eat together today so we went to Red Lobster!!! Ahhhhhhh!!! I had 3 of their yummy biscuits, 2 glasses of raspberry lemonade, their lunch portion of cajun chicken linguini AND a caesar side salad AND we split the chocolate cookie ice cream dessert thingy (lol), I wasnt going to do it to myself because I knew it was bad, but I added my calories anyway and with my breakfast, I consumed 2400 calories already!!! I am going to HAVE TO pass on Italian tonight or I WILL gain a pound. What is it, like 3200 calories makes you gain a pound? I also decided that I am going to get to the gym at 530 tomorrow and stay until 645, that way I can do a minimum of 1 hour of hard cardio. This has to be one of my worst binges ever. Cant rewind, just move forward. I am going to try to do a ridiculously low calorie day tomorrow (maybe 1200 with exercise) and see if I can "trick" my body with calorie cycling (in an extreme way), lets see what the scale says on Sunday.

I dont think Ill have time tonight to check in later because I still have not picked up a washing machine and I have family coming into town this evening, so have a good night everyone! Ill see you tomorrow.
Old 06-05-2009, 09:37 AM   #584  
This IS it...

S/C/G: 350.2/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

hi girls!!! I am on my phone so I can't type much...but I am so ecstatic right now...i have to share. I am down to 292.4 as of this morning. my goal for this week was 293 but I am already under it. I am really excited to see tomorrow's number since I always way the least on sat morn (dont ask me y!) I might actually make my interim goal of 290 by 6/9!!! that is my goal every month to be at a increment of ten because that means I have lost 10 lbs that month. like 6/9 will be 6 months since I started and 60 lbs! oh and I am wearing pants I got at goodwill like a month ago and they didn't fit yet and now they do!!!!!!! woohoo!!!!
Old 06-05-2009, 11:17 AM   #585  

Woo-hoo is right Tiff! Man, I am so excited for you. Just reading your post made me perk up in my chair. Have you changed anything in your routine lately or just the same ole stuff?

Hmmm...lets see what can I write. Well, I ended up eating spaghetti last night and feeling super crappy after. Then this morning I woke up and was bloated beyond belief. I really didnt consume a lot of water the past couple of days so I really need to get on that. Today though, I did go to the gym and do 45 minutes of cardio and burned 400 calories. Woo-hoo. So, if I can just be careful with my eating today and tomorrow, I might be ok for weigh in on Sunday. Then I have 5 more days till my trip, thereafter. I am going to go running everyday and bring my roller blades (fun) to keep up my cardio routine. By the way, I have given up on Jillians 30 DS. I just really hate it. LOL. It works but when I do it, I dont want to do anything else, including the gym and that is not what Im paying for. Im sure it delivers better results than the gym but I dont want to get to the point where I hate exercise, right now I enjoy it, even when Im sweating my a** off.

Anyway, Ill check in later.
Closed Thread