Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2008, 06:43 PM   #361  

S/C/G: 252/223/160

Height: 5'7"

Smile

Hi everyone

Dixie: I don't even know what to say...except I am sorry you are going through this pain! How old is your youngest granddaughter? Just do what you can do. Remember to take care of yourself! You can't fix everything even though I know you want to.

I did the treadmill for 31 minutes and no wii fit on Friday
I did the treadmill for 43 minutes today
Total: 74 minutes

I think I can see the Plantation....yup, there it is. Just up that hill and down and I am there.
Old 11-09-2008, 12:30 AM   #362  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

yall.

Pat ~ You are so awesome for putting up with all this bull. But like Hattie said, remember to take care of yourself. You can't fix everything no matter how much you try or want to.

So I made it through the morning shift and no one was killed! YAY! I'm so sleeping in tomorrow.

Okay, today I saw that the Canteen in the hospital has the Wii Fit Bundle for $200. It's the Wii Fit game, board, board cover, socks, charger/usb, and mat. How much did you guys pay for yours?
Old 11-09-2008, 01:18 AM   #363  
Isla's mommy

Height: 5'4"

Hello everyone! Hope you're all having a great weekend so far. Mine has been good, nothing really to complain about.

I'm so glad that I came on here when I did. I was heating up some left overs that I really don't need to eat & after reading everyone's posts it's made me not want to eat. I'm just going to have a nice cold glass of water and be done for the night. See how much being on here helps?!!? You're all a god send.

Dixie - you sound like my mother in law. Trying to take on all the family's problems. I'm going to tell you like I tell her - take care of yourself for once. Put yourself first. Because no matter what you do to try and help everyone else, it's never going to take care of all their problems. So you can't drive yourself crazy or short change yourself.

FB - you go with those 35lb weights!

My excerise for today consisted of taking my dogs to the park for a walk. I went with my neighbor and her two dogs and my other neighbor's kids. I'm watching them tonight but still managed to get some excerise in. Tomorrow I'm planning on doing 30DS & C25K. Until then ladies...
Old 11-09-2008, 01:43 PM   #364  
BlockHead =)

I haven't been on for a few days - thanks for all the congrats everyone! I lost the 6lbs last week because I was sick, but I am happy to report I kept it off this week and lost another pound!
Still no exercise though I've got to get my rear in gear so I can get to the party!
Keep up the awesome work everyone! We are all going to reach our goals!!
Old 11-09-2008, 01:57 PM   #365  
Formerly know as Fauxtini

S/C/G: 369.2/ticker/235

Height: 6'1

im .2 pounds away from my half way mark!!!!
Old 11-09-2008, 02:43 PM   #366  

S/C/G: 198/155/150

Height: 5ft6"

Faux~C O N G R A T S!!!! I know you will make half way, heck you are probably there already. WTG!!!

Hattie~Shari~Everyone thank you for the support. It has been a rough week. Someone asked how old the youngest is she is 5yo. I have a new resolve.

I now have a plan B. Went to the YMCA and got a printed schedule. They have open swim 8:15-9:30 M-tu-W-Th, and aqua aerobics 7:15-8:15 tu and th. Plus open swin 6:30-9:30 on Fri. My thoughts on the matter are why pay to go during the day when I can go for free in the evenings. Why buck my daughter when I can avoid the stress. Don't want it, don't need it, didn't ask for it. I will miss Mon and Fir fitness class. As my ex said one class is better than no class at all. I think with a little determination I can even got around not going to fitness class by doing a dvd during the day with my grand daughter. They also have open swim on Sunday 2-4:30 if I should want to go. I can more than live with this plan, so I am on my way again. I will start tomorrow before I go and play cards. Catch ya all later :-)))) Pat
Old 11-09-2008, 04:04 PM   #367  

S/C/G: 230/179/150

OK, feeling much better today after falling off the wagon for a few days. I did finally exercise yesterday and swam today so I am back on track after doing nothing 3 days in a row and being really down about some things.

Best news is, b/c I hadn't had too much of an appetite, my scale has really dropped! Today I was under 184!! I'm just saying 184, though, b/c I just got back from an intense 90 minute swim session and haven't re-hydrated or ate yet. It is so amazing to me, b/c just a couple of weeks ago I kept jumping over the 190 line, back and forth, forever it seemed.

Anyway,

Dixie--so glad you are sounding more positive today. And sounds like you have a good plan now to deal with the stress in your life, while achieving your healthy goals. WTG!

faux--how awesome, girl! You have come a looooong way!

stnessa--what an great nsv, coming on here to read then deciding you didn't really feel hungry so why are you eating!! A great save--I also now try to drink when I think I want to eat--it really seems to help!

jeniansmom--glad to hear you are feeling better! And yes, it is a victory when you don't re-gain that weight when you start to feel good again!

hunnasgirl--just do what you feel like--give us an occasional update, but keep reading and trying to stay motivated. Sorry to hear of your family's problems--hopefully things are getting better now.

to everyone else--

As of today, even without exercising 3 days, I have done 330/500 miles to the plantation since November 1st. See you all there soon!
Old 11-09-2008, 05:35 PM   #368  

S/C/G: 252/223/160

Smile

Jasonslea:

I keep forgetting to answer your question about wii fit. So I will do so now. I can't remember the exact price but it was close to that. Mine was with all that you named. I think 190-200 price range. For me it is so worth it. It has got me moving when I come home from work.. just when I don't feel like moving at all. It is also a lot of fun. Especially the boxing! If you have the moolah...I would get it.
Old 11-09-2008, 05:41 PM   #369  

hey everyone! I haven't been around, but I have been exercising and eating as well as possible. My 4 year old had a seizure this morning, so I spent most of the day at the hopsital, it was so scary and heartbreaking to go through again. He had a febrile seizure last April, but this was not febrile, he was not fevered or sick even. They don't know what caused it, gave him a CAT scan because we were not sure if he fell and hit his head and had a seizure, of if he just fell because of the seizure. The cat scan showed absolutely no sign of anything wrong with his head or that it had been hit, so they said he just had a seizure. We have to wait now, they said if it happens again he'll have to have EEG and other tests on his brain and such done. I am so scared and exhausted, was also up with my daughter throwing up all night long.
Old 11-09-2008, 07:57 PM   #370  
FB

Oh Mama How scary. My little guy is 4 too and I understand the stress of medical conditions, ER visits (although ours aren't as scary, just a broken bone or two) - my heart is with you and I hope you get some rest soon.

Weekend was on plan here. Weight is down to 168.8, which I'm super stoked about! Never want those 170's again - I'm moving onto better territory.

Shot a wedding yesterday, worked out in the morning beforehand. Went to the gym with hubs today, did lower body training (we used the same amount of weights! Woo!) and 45 minutes arc trainer.

My victory was working out BEFORE the wedding and working out today AFTER the wedding. 126 pounds ago I was unable to move the next day or two after shooting one. Life is good, getting even better.
Old 11-09-2008, 09:56 PM   #371  
Isla's mommy

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone... well the weekend is drawing to a close. I managed to be active again today. Did my second day of C25K. This time seemed harder so maybe I was pushing it a little more. Which is a good thing. My eating hasn't been the best but it could have and usually was worse so I am happy that I am making changes.

Modcat - Thanks for the praise/encouragement. That's what I like about everyone here. When I leave it to myself I forget that I just did something good for myself and throw it all away. But with a supportive group to say "Good save" it makes me think about what I'm doing more. Makes me more accountable for my actions. Thank you to you all!

Mama - I am so sorry that you've had such a scary episode with your son and to have your daughter up sick as well! We're here for you. Vent your stress here. Hopefully all will be well soon and you'll be less stressed

FB - on all your accomplishments this weekend!

Tomorrow starts a new week and a new weigh in. I know I'm having an easier time with the 1st challenge than the 2nd. Hopefully the working out with catch up with me and cause those 5 lbs. to melt away.
Old 11-09-2008, 10:04 PM   #372  

S/C/G: 210/190/175

Everyone

Well this weekend was very busy, but I do get to add 120 minutes towards the plantation

Dixiemae you know my heart goes out to you, but you are a strong women so keep hanging in there....

Jasonslea I believe I paid $249.00 for my Wii brand new so $200 bucks is a very good deal for what you will be getting with it, i would probalby try picking it up if you can

Mammagettingfit hope all is going better with the kiddies, I do also remember those days (well never seizures though) but those would scare the begeegee out of me!

Jenniansmom glad to hear you are feeling better

Well heading off to get ready for bed talk to you all later
Old 11-10-2008, 12:18 AM   #373  

S/C/G: 195/188/145

Height: 5'3''

Faux- Congrats!

Mama- Thats so scary. I hope hes ok.

Shari- I guess I got ripped off. I paid $395 on ebay. I got the wii console, one controller, one numchuck, all the cords, wii sports, wii fit, the board, I think thats it. So id say $200 is a great deal. I found that the wii fit package by itself at walmart is like $89 and then I think the wii console is around $230.
Old 11-10-2008, 08:29 AM   #374  

S/C/G: 189.2/ see ticker /160

Hi everyone. I haven't been on in a few days. The weekend was very fun, but not entirely healthy. I didn't work out at all. In spite of this, I seem to have lost another 5.2 pounds. I'm don't know why I'm losing all of the sudden when before it has been torture to lose 1/2 a pound a week. I'm sure it will even out in the long run.
Old 11-10-2008, 08:46 AM   #375  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Good morning girls! I had a very busy - and OFF weekend! I gave up on myself last week, and over the weekend. I need to pull back in and pull myself together! I'm glad I have you girls to !

My leg is still hurting, but I think that I'm ok to at least start doing my walk videos, and I'm going to incorporate some upper body. It's so easy to give up when I can't continue with what I was doing. Ugh...

I'm still WAY up from the start of this challenge. Right now I'd be happy to see something under #190 again! I am going to stop obsessing so much about the scale and limit my weigh ins to Thursdays... at least from now until Christmas. Mindful eating, and as much movement as I can handle... I'm going to start tonight with a 1 mile Leslie video and see how I do... If I do good and my leg isn't killing me then maybe I'll do more. I WILL be listening to my body on this one. I pushed myself too hard with all the aerobic exercise followed up by an hour long football game, and I FEEL IT!

You girls are doing great - posting losses left and right! That's AWESOME!!! I'm SO happy that you all are still in this and working hard! Keep up the good work... I need the inspiration!!!

Here's a and for everyone!
Here's today's Inspirational Quote:

Success Doesn't Come to You, You Go to It! ~ Marva Collins
Closed Thread