Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 03:36 PM   #211  

S/C/G: 198/155/150

Height: 5ft6"

The ymca also list a 5k run for Dec 6. I am thinking strongly about signing up for it. I can "train" for it. Even if I can't run it I can walk it. This just might be the ticket to get me through the holidays. Major motivator. Pat
Old 11-02-2008, 04:07 PM   #212  
FB

413 minutes so far! I've had a blast this weekend being my husband's personal trainer, training alongside him. I have to admit it's a ton of fun reducing him to a quivering mess of a man while I'm still going strong. He keeps saying he had no idea I was so strong. I guess he thought my trainer and I were just having chatty girl time? We do do that too, after we're done with our work.

My average is a little higher than normal due to training with him, having our family fun activities (like biking and walking) and attempting to get my cardio in as well. Generally I average 120 minutes a day, I'm sure with a few lazier days it will go back down.

I heart weights and having dates with the hub at the gym. So much more productive than our old days of feasting and drinking.

Last edited by FB; 11-02-2008 at 04:11 PM.
Old 11-02-2008, 07:41 PM   #213  

S/C/G: 198/155/150

Height: 5ft6"

The powers that be are challenging me to see how determined I am to stay serious about losing weight and getting in better shape. I got a call awhile ago from my daughter. She needs me to babysit on Mondays and Fridays. No biggie deal right? WRONG!!!! She wants me at her house at 7:15 am to get the kids on the bus. She lives 15 minutes futher out of town than I do. The real kicker is they get home at 1:30pm tomorrow. Aqua class is 10:15 to 11--fitness class is 12:15 to 12:45. I would have a 27 minute ride back to her house to get the kids. I would arrive just under the wire. I don't get paid to watch the kids. It will cost me $3 per hour for the youngest. That is $9 for 3 hrs x 2 per week. I am being tested!!!! I might trade Friday for my day of rest from exercise and go on Sat and Sunday, though I would miss 2 class each Friday. I will have to wait and see how things work out. If my son in law gets too nasty with me they will be looking for another babysitter, one they have to pay. I figure my time and gas is worth something too, especially if I have to put up with his crap. Please keep the good vibs coming my way. Pat

Last edited by Dixiemae; 11-02-2008 at 07:45 PM.
Old 11-02-2008, 09:18 PM   #214  
Abe's Mom

S/C/G: 196/142.8/125

Height: 5'4"

the pizza recipe sounds great---

FB-- -you're doing great--- i thought i was ahead but you got me beat--- lol ===
Old 11-02-2008, 10:03 PM   #215  

S/C/G: 210/190/175

Height: 5'7"

Well just got home from our weekend getaway. I am not going to take time right now to go back and read I believe 4 or maybe 5 pages so I will just say HI!!!!!! And will catch up tomorrow when I have more time, to tired right now and I am so ready for bed.
Have a Great Monday
Old 11-02-2008, 10:12 PM   #216  
:)

Height: 5'7

Fun weekend! I'm at 121 miles outta 500 to Plymouth! Can you say PROUD?!

Still working on getting a new cellie. I dream about the env2.

Last edited by oneupsteph; 11-02-2008 at 10:12 PM.
Old 11-02-2008, 10:16 PM   #217  
Isla's mommy

There's just no way I can keep up with the posts! But that's okay... just as long as I keep up with the challenge. I took my dogs for a 35 minute walk tonight. I'm pretty happy with myself about that. On the down side my brother was in from Chicago so all I did was eat this weekend. I'm jumping back on the challenge tomorrow. Good thing Halloween is over and there's no more of that candy around! I need to go grocery shopping tomorrow after work - I'm planning on lots of good things to keep me on track.

My motivation is a vacation for my 30th. birthday in January. I need to fit into my swim suit and all my cute vacation clothes. I have them all hanging in my closet just begging me to be put on again

I need a lot of this for this up coming week.

I wish you all the best!
Old 11-03-2008, 08:27 AM   #218  

Dixiemae, you are a saint for helping with those kids when she needs you, but remember your health has to fit in there as well...if you change your days make sure you really stick with it just as much as you have this schedule. I think you'll make it work, you seem like such a strong, determined woman from what I have heard from you. Let us know how it all comes out in the end.

I am about to go do day 3 of 30DS. I am not as sore today as yesterday, which is strange. Figured since I coudl barely walk when I did it yesterday, that I would be even worse today but I"m actually feeling a little stronger and ready for it...though I am sore in most major body parts still.

I have 168 miles to the party! Will be meeting you there soon FB, get the welcome wagon ready since you will be there very soon I see!
Old 11-03-2008, 08:41 AM   #219  

S/C/G: 189.2/ see ticker /160

Height: 5'7"

Good morning all. Somehow I'm down 6 pounds from last week. It must be a water weight thing because last time I checked peanut butter cups are not a diet food. Though if the universe has reversed itself and they now are a diet food that is ok with me.
I don't want to jinx myself, but I met a really nice guy this weekend. Wish me luck.
161/500 miles.
Old 11-03-2008, 08:56 AM   #220  
Goodbye Fat!

Hi everyone! This is a really active thread, just what I need to keep me motivated through this challenge. I seem to do good at the being of every week and then rolls around Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. I still managed to loose a pound so I am at 171! This week is going to be a little stressful trying to get the house in order and plan for the First Birthday Party! We are just having snack so any ideas on healthy one would be great! Everyone have a healthy day!
Old 11-03-2008, 09:12 AM   #221  
At it again

Jeniansmom, 6lbs is incredible, though I’m sorry to hear of your weight loss method! Hope you’re feeling better.

Eny, despite the sore muscles, I know you feel great about your football game. You should be proud for coming so far and putting yourself out there!

Pat, you sound like a wonderful mom and grandma; your family is lucky to have you. But it’s not selfish to take care of yourself too! If your new schedule doesn’t work out, perhaps you can figure out a compromise, like having a neighbor/friend’s mom get the kids off the bus and watch them until you can get there after your class. Good luck!

Jeannep, and I only wish peanut butter cups were dietary!!

MamaGettinFit, sorry it’s taken me so long to answer, but I agree, for some, food really is like an addiction, complete with withdrawal symptoms, etc. My downfall isn’t really sugar, but I’ve never met a carb I didn’t like – muffins, bread, potatoes, etc. I don’t think that matters though, a trigger is a trigger. I was not able to allow myself treats at first because it would start a binge. But once I was a few weeks into healthier eating, it got easier to make healthier choices. I find I do much, much, much better if I plan my treat, like my Friday night glass of wine. I knew I was going to have it, I looked forward to it, and I made sure I allocated calories for it. If I allow myself a “spur of the moment” treat, like a piece of candy from the Halloween bucket as I’m passing by, I’m more likely to say “the heck with it” and the binge begins. (Yeah, it was a bit of a rough weekend ) I did get my biking in Fri, Sat, and Sunday, so I’m 90 miles closer to the plantation!

I’m going to be traveling for work from Wed to Saturday of this week and I’m nervous about it messing up my routine. I’m not worried about the eating – if anything, it will be easier, as I’ll be incredibly busy. And I’m not really worried about the exercising. I made the travel arrangements myself and made sure the hotel had a gym, so I’ll get my miles in on the bike. But, I’m not sure I’ll have internet access and will be able to report in. I was planning to use a freebie week, but we’re not doing those this challenge, so I’ll just have to make it work because I definitely need to stay challenged! I’m sure I’ll be able to find a Kinkos if necessary! Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by rmc9142; 11-03-2008 at 10:39 PM.
Old 11-03-2008, 10:03 AM   #222  

S/C/G: 221.8/221.8/160

Height: 5'3

Good Morning Everyone! I skimmed through the posts since Friday, and everyone is very very chatty. I usualy don't get a chance to get on during the weekend to catch up. It sounds like many of you are working out hard, which is great!! I worked out Sat and today and feel great. I plan on working out the rest of the week, so hopefully the plan will go through. Have a great day everyone!
Old 11-03-2008, 10:36 AM   #223  

Height: 5'6.5

Hello all! I can't keep up either! That's awesome! As some of you know, I have been fighting with that 160 number for awhile now...this morning was back up above it. I really need to PICK THIS UP and get a move on with the weight loss!!!!
Old 11-03-2008, 11:59 AM   #224  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Hey girls! I'm glad that we're having a hard time keeping up! that means we're PUMPED!!!

Just keep in mind that if your post is over looked, please DO NOT GET OFFENDED! I know several of us are trying to do personals as much as we can!

Jenians mom & jeannep - You are the FIRST WINNERS of the #5 mini-challenge. Check your inbox for your sticker

Jamie - i was up this morning too. I luckily have a few days before I have to weigh in though. I always change my weigh in day to the day that the challenge ends on. Give myself plenty of time to right wrongs, and look better! I have to drop AT LEAST #2 in 3 days to report ANY loss though! Let's hope that it's water weight!

Ok - lots of work to do,. I'll have mor etime tonight to get to all the personals!
Old 11-03-2008, 12:04 PM   #225  
Isla's mommy

Happy Monday Everyone!

Hope your weeks are starting off on the right foot. I've been reading everyone's progress for the mini challenge and I need to step it up . At this rate I'm going to be the last one there... don't want that to happen!

The morning has gone by pretty well so far & I'm determined for it to be a good eating day.

to you all!
Closed Thread