Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 01:10 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by fauxtini View Post
I joined this challenge mainly because I saw that you and Melissa were running it and i love you girls! hehe

And it was just time for a new challenge.. plus.. the thoughts of fun mini challenges is EXCITING! I love working with a group like this!!

oh and eny: question about weigh ins... The way itgoes is that i pm you my weight on my weight in days once a week, whatever day of the week that may be?
Exactly - PM me on your weigh in day - what ever day that is. The weekly deadline is Thursday. Week 1's Weigh ins can be submitted from Friday, 10/31 - Thursday, 11/6. i'll post the results on Friday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaGettinFit View Post
Eny--my reason for joining this is because I just need something to get me going again, after stalling for months now I am ready to start losing again and this is a fun way to get motivated again. I am going back home to see my family for Thanksgiving and want to be further along then I am now to make my mommy proud

I might buy some new workout DVDs but can't decide what to get. I definitely am gonig for the WATP 5 mile one and am leaning toward Turbo Jam because I did the turbo sculpt on demand and it was awesome, just not sure how it would fit in with my Jillian ones though....anyone have suggestions for great videos? I need cardio ones mainly.
I LOVE 30 Day Shread. The WATP - 3 Mile, Billy Blanks Tae Bo Amp'd, Slim in 6 (GREAT RESULTS!) Those are my favorites.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixiemae View Post
Hi Everyone~I joined this challenge because a) it is doable b) it is fun-I don't like feeling like I have a screaming drill sargent in my face every minute of the day. c) this is a caring, supportive group of people that are not afraid to reach out to one that is struggling. d) i just love stickers-makes me feel that some one noticed I tried hard to accomplish my goal. I am not just one of many in a crowd. Keep them coming. e) small challenges keep me motivated because I have to be accountable everything counts and adds up faster.
I can be a if anyone needs it.. but the biggest thing is - if you don't want to change any amount of yelling that I do isn't going to help. You would just simply resent me, and quit... I will do my best to motivate you - chat with you - use the "mom tone" of "you know better" if needed. But Most of all I want you all to come in here with determination, motivation, and a willingness to change! Even if you don't lose 1 single ounce - at the end of this challenge - I want you to be able to say one positive thing about yourself and a change that you made! Or at least that you see where you can improve for the next challenge!!!

The Halloween Challenge opened my eyes to a lot of things: 1 - I don't do well hosting challenges that are longer then about 6 weeks... so from here on out, Mel and I will do shorter ones. 2 - that when I start losing weight I have to KEEP GOING! Everytime I'd lose about #3 I'd stop exercising. There was 2ce during the last 2 months that I stopped counting my cals too - which completely sabotages me! I bounced back up into the high #180's AGAIN! So now I'm yet again pushing to the lower #180's (hoping to hit by Friday ) This challenge is the one that I'm going to use to PUSH THROUGH THIS UGLY PLATEAU and take what I learned about myself the last challenge and DO BETTER!!!
Old 10-29-2008, 01:17 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 282/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

MamaGettinFit: I'm doing both Jillian's 30DS and Turbo Jam. And riding my bike. I set up a little workout calendar that basically includes 30DS everyday as well as alternating my bike and a turbo jam video. It would be tough but you could definitely do it!

Enygirl: I do the same thing! Everytime I have a little success I quit and gain the couple pounds I lost right back. It's off awful pattern. That's why I'm soooo desperate to get out of the 180's. I'm hoping it will kind of act as a barrier I won't let myself go back across.

Last edited by stacylambert; 10-29-2008 at 01:20 PM.
Old 10-29-2008, 01:22 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 198/155/150

Height: 5ft6"

Eny~Please tell me me more about the slim in 6 dvd. Where might I buy it? I love your new avitar. So cute. When I do need a drill sargent I do want you to give me a wake up call. That is What I like about your challenges, if you need it you give it, other wise you motivate, not smother. Keep me on the straight and narrow path!! Pat
Old 10-29-2008, 01:37 PM   #64  
Isla's mommy

Height: 5'4"

My goodness I go away for a day or two & all of a sudden there's too many posts to keep up with... so I have no idea what any one is even talking about... well other than our weight lose... duh

I haven't been doing great... in fact I keep getting into that darn Halloween candy. I have it in a cabinet supposedly out of my line of vision but yet the past two days I've managed to grab a Snickers here, a Kit Kat there. I need to stop before there's nothing left for the trick or treaters!

I also haven't been excercising... and I really need to start! Something, anything would be better than sitting on my butt.

HELP ME PLEASE!!
Old 10-29-2008, 01:57 PM   #65  

Pat - I bought it off their website - but I know you can get it on ebay too, as well as amazon. It has 3 different levels and you do each level for 2 weeks, 6 days a week. It also has an AWESOME 10 minute ab video and a 15 min stretch video tha tyou can do as a bonus. I had great results - but level 1 is too easy for me now, and I don't generally have time to do 2 or 3 (40 & 60 minutes respectively) Although, i have thought about starting it back up after I'm done with the 30 DS to supplement it. Do them every other day - and add in the stretch work with my on Sundays.

Right now, I'm at level 2, day 4 for 30DS - so I still have 6 days at level 2, and 10 for level 3 to do before I make a decision. I've also added in WATP whenever I can.
Old 10-29-2008, 01:58 PM   #66  

Quote:
Originally Posted by StNessa79 View Post
My goodness I go away for a day or two & all of a sudden there's too many posts to keep up with... so I have no idea what any one is even talking about... well other than our weight lose... duh

I haven't been doing great... in fact I keep getting into that darn Halloween candy. I have it in a cabinet supposedly out of my line of vision but yet the past two days I've managed to grab a Snickers here, a Kit Kat there. I need to stop before there's nothing left for the trick or treaters!

I also haven't been excercising... and I really need to start! Something, anything would be better than sitting on my butt.

HELP ME PLEASE!!
Ok - here's what you do - get up off the couch, start walking in place... for 5 minutes straight JUST MOVE... whatever pace you want, whatever's comfortable... JUST DO IT!
Old 10-29-2008, 02:05 PM   #67  
Intuitive Eater

Quote:
Originally Posted by StNessa79 View Post

HELP ME PLEASE!!
What kind of exercise do you enjoy, if any? I hate exercise but I have found that I can tolerate walking on the treadmill in front of the TV. It is a manual one and wasn't that expensive when I bought it. Also, if that is your kiddo in your avatar pic, jump around with her if you are able, I'll bet you can get lots of exercise and build fun memories with her at the same time. I am looking into buying a mini trampoline to work out on. It's not exactly as glamorous as some of the workout DVDs out there but it's baby steps for me and I am finding that if I enjoy something, even a little, I will do it. Best of luck to you!
Old 10-29-2008, 02:15 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 198/155/150

Height: 5ft6"

Stnessa~Eny had a great idea, and in addition to her suggestion. Grab a couple of cans of soup-beans-or even filled water bottles and to bicep curls, tricep kick backs, try knee ups, front leg kicks, bending from side to side, mini squats, shift from toes to heels, shoulder shrugs, arm circles. Even a hula hoop while commercials are on, it is a total body exercise. If you have a young daughter do hula hooping with her. Laugh, giggle, have a hoot with her. Make a list of what ones you want to do, then every time a commercial break comes on go down the list from exercise to exercise. Make a game out of it, have fun, keeps your hands busy, and your mind on other things besides snacks. Hope the ideas help you!! Pat
Old 10-29-2008, 02:28 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 297.4/ticker/190

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fauxtini View Post
hey guys!

glad i stumbled acrossed this challenge just in the nik of time! anything run by Eny and Melissa should be a freakin blast!!

Can't wait to get the cornicopia of health rolling!

I have to give a chuckle at the cornicopia thing....Faux you have such a way with words!!! LOL!

Everyone be watching for the first challenge to be posted Thursday the 30th (tomorrow)...It won't actually start until Friday the 31st but I will post it on Thursday so you can all plan accordingly and ask any questions you may have!

Can't wait!

See ya then!
Old 10-29-2008, 02:34 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 297.4/ticker/190

Height: 5'3"

I'm really having trouble here lately....mainly with the food thing.

I am trying to stick to a budget....so far I have budgeted $50.00 a week for groceries.......I can totally do it if I don't buy anything good for me....I mean the leaner the meat is the more expensive it is.....if I buy the 35 calorie sliced bread...it is too expensive....AHHH! So I'm really really needing some ideas for quick, low cal meals that have relatively cheap ingredients please!

This Thursday when I go get groceries will be my first test to see if I can hit the $50.00 mark.

I have to get my eating under control.....I weighed this morning and I'm up to almost 243! That is horrible...the scale is going the wrong direction. And if I don't do something fast then I'm going to gain everything I've lost back! Of course I don't want to do that.......

I'm really going to try to get back on track with the meal planning.....and maybe even cooking meals ahead of time if that helps ...I just know I will never exercise if I am not eating right..... RRRRRRRRRRRR

Stupid adipose tissue!
Old 10-29-2008, 03:06 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 214/TICKER/140

Height: 5'2 3/4 :)

So I am jumping in and I have no idea what anyone is talking about either! So hope everyone is doing well at their goals. I know I am not with the whole moving and don't really have a permanent residence yet and have to clean the apt. Y'know how that goes right? Not wanting to cook because I would have to reclean what I just did. At least there's Subway..
Old 10-29-2008, 03:21 PM   #72  
Abe's Mom

S/C/G: 196/142.8/125

Height: 5'4"

. At least there's Subway.. [/QUOTE]

i had to chuckle cause i did the subway gig for a while--- it totally worked for me --- what i did was live off of their sandwiches for like 6 months to a year--but it was totally worth it cause i was in school and spent most of my time there and worked out between classes--- i used to split the six inch in half and eat half before my workout and then eat the other half after the workout--- i did this like twice a day though--- i had some long breaks between my classes freshman year --- i lost like 30 lbs doing that --but i totally believe it had to do with watching what i ate and working out--- like hey everyone get moving --- whatever u do just move it to lose it
Old 10-29-2008, 03:38 PM   #73  
aml
...okay, so...

S/C/G: 200/173/150

Height: 5'7"

i need to get active on this thread, but it moves so freaking fast it's hard to keep up!

i got some motivation to keep eating right and exercising as much as i could when i was talking to some friends from high school who want to visit. i don't want to be any heavier than i was in high school when they come down! they said they can't come till december or january, but that's perfect -- gives me plenty of time!

i've never done a challenge before, but i think i'll like this because i've already got myself to keep exercising thinking of how much of a let down it will be to me if i don't lose enough at the first weigh-in, or if i don't meet my goal later.
Old 10-29-2008, 03:41 PM   #74  

Height: 5'6.5

This is a quick thread. But it's nice to have so many people active and ready to participate in the challange. I'm excited to see the challange tomorrow!
Old 10-29-2008, 04:02 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 204/187/140

Height: 5'8

This is exciting. I'm getting the hang of these crazy challenges!

I'm shooting for 183. A 8lb loss. Very doable.
Hope I can do it! I'll be down over 20lbs total.
Closed Thread