Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2008, 12:38 AM   #151  
Focus

S/C/G: 296/ticker/199/

Height: 5'4

Default Hello Everybody~~And Good Luck!!!!

Hi , my name is Tammy. I am so glad to be in the challenge with you all ! I can't wait to get to the big PARTY!!!

I am a member at a local gym, which I attend alot. I was a member of a Biggest Loser contest here in my hometown. This competion begin July 19, 2008 to October 11, 2008. I came in 2nd place which I am very happy ! I gave it my all!

I have a treadmill , bike, lots of exercise videos at home. I will be getting 30DS. I also love doing water arobics, Hi/Lo arobics and a pretty new class I have been doing called Zumba(so much fun)! I want to start swimming laps and work my way up to at least 2 miles.

The reason I joined this challenge is because.....the last challenge I joined motivated me to change my unhealthy ways to a much healthier and happier lifestyle. I still have more weight I want to lose! Challenges keep me more focused to my plan (count calories) and to my exercising! Can't wait to get to know you all better!

Last edited by Dumplin; 10-31-2008 at 12:43 AM.
Old 10-31-2008, 08:25 AM   #152  

Good morning everyone! I am hitting the exercise hard today...getting an early morning start to the party
Old 10-31-2008, 08:29 AM   #153  

Good morning and Happy Halloween! I have supper at my Mom's tonight which means LOTS of food and then, of course, there will be all the candy later. I guess I am just thinking of this as a "cheat day" and then moving on. I probably won't get any exercise besides the walking I will do when it's time to trick-or-treat because I have a dr appt and then have to do the preschool thing. Busy day! But I did lose 1.8 lb. today for my weigh in--hoping it's not a fluke!! Have a good day everyone!
Old 10-31-2008, 09:25 AM   #154  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Make sure that you send a Private message to me today if you are a FRIDAY weigher!!!!
Old 10-31-2008, 09:27 AM   #155  

S/C/G: 189.2/ see ticker /160

Height: 5'7"

Well, my Halloween is off to a scary start. Trick or treat candy for breakfast, anyone? I'm not going to whine about it because it was my bad decision, but I took the day off from work and I guess I'll spend some time extra time exercising today.
Has anyone else been having a hard time with the shortening days? I'm still getting up every morning to work out, but I feel like I can't get my "head in the game" working out or even at work. I go to the gym and it's dark out. I go to work and it's dark out. I come home from work and it's dark out. I go to class and it's dark out. Ack.

Last edited by jeannep; 10-31-2008 at 09:30 AM.
Old 10-31-2008, 09:29 AM   #156  
FB

Happy Halloween peoples!

Oh, candy. Candy - it made up about 100 of the 124 pounds I've lost Not going to worry myself over it, all of the candy in my house. Going to see my personal trainer instead - which is a real treat!
Old 10-31-2008, 10:19 AM   #157  

S/C/G: 214/TICKER/140

Height: 5'2 3/4 :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephi View Post
Does anyone else love Wii boxing?
LOVE Wii boxing! That and if I am just bored instead of eating I will go play Tennis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeannep View Post
Well, my Halloween is off to a scary start. Trick or treat candy for breakfast, anyone? I'm not going to whine about it because it was my bad decision, but I took the day off from work and I guess I'll spend some time extra time exercising today.
Has anyone else been having a hard time with the shortening days? I'm still getting up every morning to work out, but I feel like I can't get my "head in the game" working out or even at work. I go to the gym and it's dark out. I go to work and it's dark out. I come home from work and it's dark out. I go to class and it's dark out. Ack.
YES! When it's like 4pm and it's dark I feel like I need to go to sleep instead of do stuff. It's getting cold here to and I am starting to want the comforting yummy warm food. Not good. I made some really healthy chili with canned tomatoes. I'm glad that turned the craving to nonexistent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FB View Post
Happy Halloween peoples!

Oh, candy. Candy - it made up about 100 of the 124 pounds I've lost Not going to worry myself over it, all of the candy in my house. Going to see my personal trainer instead - which is a real treat!
YAY! I love going to see my trainer and the feeling of my muscles just aching when I get done.

I am finally getting settled into my new place and starting to want to cook again. I am sure I just maintained, but after all the stuff I have eaten I don't mind. My body just kinda gave me a kick in the butt last night after having dinner which was chinese it decided I was going to be nauseous the whole night! SO needless to say back to my veggies and fruits and all sorts of healthy stuff!

Oh also I am on a lookout for some good multi vitamins, anyone know of any good ones?
Old 10-31-2008, 10:20 AM   #158  
a.k.a. Bikini Bottom

S/C/G: see siggy!

Height: 5'10 - tall girls rule!

I'm in duh land today. What is the official start date of this challenge again? I think I need to fix my ticker.
Old 10-31-2008, 11:15 AM   #159  

S/C/G: 221.8/221.8/160

Height: 5'3

Hi everyone! I haven't been on here much the last week or so. I have been very busy at work, and when I get home there is too much to do to even think about getting on the computer. I think this will be a very very exciting challenge. It seems that everyone is very positive here and ready to lose weight! I want to make sure I get to the party by Thanksgiving, so I better start working out. Have a great day everyone!
Old 10-31-2008, 11:18 AM   #160  

S/C/G: 198/155/150

Height: 5ft6"

This day got off to a very scary start. I was supposed to watch grand daughter starting at 7:30am. Phone rings at 8am where are you? I am home of course. It went down hill from there, can we say Mt Everest? He was late to work because of a communications snafu. Got wrote up for being late to work. Text his wife (my daughter) threatened her. He was out of control. I stewed about this for awhile. Made some tough love decissions about the whole deal. My going to the gym is completely blown out of the water, no pun intended. I am VERY VERY upset about that aspect of the day. I had the day all mapped out, that needs revisions. I can pretty much deal with that unless something else changes. Then I will be ticked. I am to pick up my oldest daughter this afternoon; we are going to a Halloween party at my older sisters house. There will be 8-10 of us there tonight. I was taking my youngest grand daughter to join in for a while. She is so excited to see her cousins, aunts, and uncles. The glitch is mom and or dad don't know where to pick her up at. I ok'd it with my daughter last night, but hubby is very angry and out of control, Changes everything. I am going to the party. I don't know where either one is working today, they travel. I AM not disappointing my daughter that is coming home, or my grand daughter. Phone in hand ready to dial 911. Yes, 911 at the slightest hint of trouble. Note on door with directions and sisters' phone number. He doesn't want to buck up in front of a house full of close family. I have a major headache, taking 2 extra strength pain relievers and we (grandaughter, daughter, and I) are going to enjoy and have fun this day come what may. I will let ya all know how the day turns out. H A P P Y~H A L L O W E E N everyone. Pat
Old 10-31-2008, 11:44 AM   #161  
FB

Yeah Lackie, I love feeling my muscles! Put in 97 minutes with the trainer, I love that she's my neighbor and never cuts it at an hour.

For multi-vitamins, which I don't always do, I take a good quality prenatal vitamin (although I am NOT pregnant nor have any desire for that, made the hubby get snipped last month). I figure it's the best there is for a multi. More often than not I take separate supplements, but for the days I don't have the stomach to swallow a ton of pills I do the prenatal.
Old 10-31-2008, 12:34 PM   #162  
Abe's Mom

S/C/G: 196/142.8/125

Height: 5'4"

today sucks ---sorry people but since i started this whole dieting thing i'm sick to my stomach of looking at snacks and sweets and candy---

so i'm a teacher and i have/had three classes today my first class was great most of them showed up and brought sweets and stuff for the class--- and so that was ok --- but they brought a ton --- and then most of them just left it behind so i got stuck with it and i was like oh well i'll just give it to my other two classes since it was still the first class---

so come 2nd class comes around and get this--- out of like 22 students i had about 5 show up you believe that--- made me just mad!! ---- so they added a cheesecake to the mix but thankfully no one else brought more food and they didnt really eat much of anything---maybe a 1/4 of the cheesecake so i still got stuck with more food that i refuse to eat more than a few bites of --

so now i'm on a break with about an hour before my last class for the day and then i go to pick up the baby from daycare--- maybe i'll just give them whatever i still have left after the third class gets done --- i'm like plz plz someone eat this stuff-- oh and how much is it get this---

i made two chocolate cakes thinking three classes---two would be plenty
they brought a tray of mini muffins ate like 4 or 5 out of them so there are like 20 of those left --- a tray of cupcakes but thankfully the girl took the rest home with her === a little container of cinamon bread there's still like 3/4 of that === there was candy too but everyone took that with them--- and a gallon of apple cider so not bad considering it was all they brought for drinks so not complaining about that one--- a tray of cookies of which they ate like 2 or 3 and left me with like 2 dozen cookies ---a tray of brownies but that was taken home too so not bad--- but i have so much left that i can stand to look at it ---let alone carry this stuff --- i carried it out to the car so i wouldnt be lugging it around and it was like 4 store bags plus my two cake trays AHHHH!!!
Old 10-31-2008, 12:48 PM   #163  
Isla's mommy

Height: 5'4"

I have got to remember to check the posts more often. There's like 3 or 4 pages that I was only able to skim through. Glad I did, I didn't realize the mini challenge starts today.

Okay so I didn't take the dogs for a walk last night. Although I can say I stayed away from the Halloween candy. I'll be giving that away tonight by the handful so I won't have that evil around anymore!

Tonight I WILL work out. I WILL!

Hope everyone has some fun tonight!

And can I just say all of you have been doing such a great job that I can only hope that I'll do as well as you!
Old 10-31-2008, 01:39 PM   #164  

Princess and Dixiemae I am sorry you guys are having such a rough day. If it's any comfort mine has been kinda bad as well, but not half as bad as you Dixie...and I would be eating it all Princess so you are much stronger than I am!

I had to go to my son's preschool fall festival and there was a whole table of stuff that doesn't fit my plan and a huge bowl of punch, but I didn't have any of it. I chewed gum and took a station running one of the games to keep distracted. But they sent him home with FOUR goodie bags stuffed with candy and he keeps bringing it and waving it my face, "look at this mama! What's this mama?" I just told him mommy doesn't want to see it and I ended up putting it away becuase he doesn't need anymore either.

I just keep reminding myself that I am so tired of being fat and I made this committment to get back on track and I am DOING IT not tomorrow but NOW and Iam not backing down. The candy just is not worth it. I have just been asking myself "is it worth it?" and picturing how I want to look next month when I go home, and so far the answer is an easy "no, it's not."

Stay ladeies, we can do it.
Old 10-31-2008, 01:41 PM   #165  
Expecting baby #1! 9/7/09

S/C/G: 320.2/273.2/160

Height: 5'6"

Just a quick H-E-L-L-O!

When I got to work this morning, instead of having the customary bagels, there were muffins and GIANT cupcakes! OMG...what breakfast choices! Luckily, for me I HATE pumpkin and that's the flavor the muffins were and I just can't stomach a cupcake for breakfast. Instead I pulled out a peach and an apple from my lunch and munched on those! I am SO glad that I brought like 4 pieces of fruit today!

Gotta run...super busy at work!

Last edited by blueyedlvrgirl; 10-31-2008 at 01:49 PM.
Closed Thread