3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks up for a Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge-159/)
-   -   Seeing Myself Naked is Scary Week #2 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/151430-seeing-myself-naked-scary-week-2-a.html)

rmc9142 09-23-2008 08:19 AM

Good morning guys! Sorry to hear so many of us are under the weather. Hope you are all feeling better soon!

Great to hear about everyone's successes, especially with the exercise. I've had a rough couple of days. Not horrible, but certainly worse than I've been doing. And that's usually the beginning of the end for me. I will be so incredibly sad and disappointed in myself if I let all of my recent hard work go to waste :(

Trying to keep my chin(s) up by taking it one day at a time. If I have a good day today, I can get right back into it. One or two days isn't horrible, right? OK, I'm going to take my walk right now, so maybe that will inspire me the rest of the day. Have a good one ladies. Rita

Enygirl 09-23-2008 08:32 AM

Good morning girls! It's SO good to see so many of us getting off our butts! I did a short cardio workout last night.. but I'm still feeling icky. I ended up getting an infection from last week's procedure, and I'm in pain, and feel like CRAP! I'm still going to do SOMETHING everyday this week though... even if it's just a 10 minute walk!

Oh - and as for the exercise challenge - please PM me your results on Friday. I don't have the space to keep track of everyone daily! :)

Blue Serenity 09-23-2008 10:23 AM

Hey everyone! :wave:

I am needing some major butt-kicking right about now. I switched plans recently and am struggling with it. I've gone from a plan that has major restrictions (calorie counting/mypyramid/YOAD) to a plan that has none (intuitive eating). Sounds crazy, I know but this is how I lost weight in the past and I am hoping I can do it again. It is just taking me longer than I had hoped to get settled into it. With the freedom to eat whatever I want I've been kind of like a kid in a candy store! lol Is it Lays potato chips' slogan "you can't eat just one" ... exactly! I hope this passes soon and I can get back on track. (I'm sorry Skeletons but I don't think I'm gonna have a loss this week either, probably a gain!)

Sorry to hear about your infection Enygirl. What a bad time to have to deal with something like that. Don't overwork yourself!

RMC, I noticed in your signature that your 50 miles in september challenge is going well! Good job! :yay:

Heather and Dixiemae, sorry to hear about your health issues. Hope you get well soon!

Mcmomma, sounds like you've got yourself a plan! Good for you. Hardest thing I've tried to do while trying to lose weight was come up with daily menus!

And "Hello" to everyone I haven't mentioned. :wave:

julie99s 09-23-2008 10:51 AM

Just to keep log of my workouts, so I don't forget what I've done, I'm listing em in this post and I'll edit this as the week progresses.

M-- 45 min turbo jam
T-- 15 min turbo jam, 20 min turbo sculpt, 20 min on stability ball (55)
W--Nada
T--20 min turbo jam, 20 min ab jam, 20 min stability ball (60)
F--45 min turbo jam, 20 min ab jam (65)

225 minutes M-F!!

heather1979 09-23-2008 12:16 PM

Im sorry witches but im gonna take a freebie week. I dont like what the scale said but I know if done horrible lately so I deserved it. I feel embarassed posting so im gonna do better next week.

I dont feel bad today so thats a plus, maybe I was just have a under the weather past couple of days, allergies or something.

Eny- Sorry to hear about the infection. Hope you feel better soon!

Blue- Im with you, I have to get my butt back in gear. I dunno what happened this past week. I think is called PMS,lol. I eat everthing in sight. You will get back on track eventually, good luck:)

Enygirl 09-23-2008 12:35 PM

Halloween Quiz #3

It's that time again! Make sure to PM me your Answers!

1. :witch: Witches are known to have what skin disorder?

2. :frank: Marvin Lee Aday is the real name of this well-known rock star, who also appeared as "Eddy" the ex-delivery boy in The Rocky Horror Picture Show singing "Hot Patootie". Who is he?

3. :ghost: Ghost Busters came out in 1984, and still has many fans. Which one of the main actors co-wrote the movie?

4. :ghost: Ghosts who do pranks are known as what?

5. :haphal: On Halloween, this charity collects money to help children

There's the questions!!! Here's this week's sticker - http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j3...C/00025486.jpg

beachluvr79 09-23-2008 01:40 PM

I know that we aren't supposed to solicit money for charities, but I started a team to collect pink lids from Yoplait yogurt. They donate .10 to Susan G Koman for every lid you send in. Think it's "legal" to recruit team members?

Enygirl 09-23-2008 05:31 PM

beach - I don't see why not, but you may want to post in the questions forum just in case.

I'm on my way to take DD to dance class. I'm thinking I might take a walk while she's there, since it is an hour long.. but I'm going to see if the other "mom" friend I have there wants to go too. :)

Alright - i'll check in later!!!

modcat44 09-23-2008 06:10 PM

heather, Eny, dixie--feel better soon, ok? :grouphug:

Blue, I'm with you, just a bit out of control with my "sensible" eating plan combined with recent extra exercise. I need to rein it back in, hard! :tape: You can do it also, rmc! A couple of days isn't the end of the world :dust:

Exercise update: spin class today 1 hour. :ebike:

Tonight is TBL and really I am pooped so I probably won't go to swim class tonight--but will do the exercise stuff in the commercial breaks like I'm supposed to. My scale? meh, what can I say :?: --no big loss yet. Still hoping for one for Friday for my :bat: team

Gotta go stir my chili--just made a huge pot of vegetarian chili to eat on for a couple of days. Something already made and healthy, low cal to have in the house. :)

IrishRover 09-23-2008 06:21 PM

Hey witches and all other scary-themed chicks! Sorry ive been out of action, its been a busy few days. The upshot of it is that after having been very good foodwise between when i got home from america on thursday and today when i weighed in at weightwatcher, i managed to limit my gain damage to 2 pounds. (im not even going to mention what it orginally was when i weighed in at home after getting off the plane!) but i promise i will have lost it by this time next week. I wont let you down!!!! I havent had a chance to read through the posts but i hope everyones getting on well with our challenge!

sewgirl 09-23-2008 06:59 PM

Here is my exercise checkin so far:
Monday--30 minutes walk with incline on treadmill
Tuesday--30 minutes Pilates DVD

Go Team Spider!

JasonsLea 09-23-2008 07:49 PM

Unfreakingbelieveable! For the first time in a LONG time, I've had a loss this morning! Down 2 lbs! :carrot: Not only that, I got a email from a customer service company called West offering me a work at home position! I put in for it like two months ago and totally forgot about it! :D I also did a little grocery shopping today too. I'm such a fiber whore, seriously. If it doesn't have a good amount of fiber, I won't get it (well besides yogurt and milk!). I brought:
  • those new High Fiber Quaker oatmeal squares (210 cals, 4g fat, 10g fiber)
  • the new Chex Mix chocolate chunk bars (140 cals, 3g fat, 2g fiber....not as much fiber as I usually like but hey, I had a coupon)
  • Betty Crocker twice backed potatoes (220 cals, 7g fat, 6g fiber)
  • egg rolls
  • Baked Cheetos
  • sliced deli ham
  • sparkling water
  • beef jerky
  • Yoplait yogurt
  • Fiber One yogurt
  • Lean Pockets

beachluvr79 09-23-2008 09:33 PM

Ohhh JasonsLea - I Love those Chex bars! The Special K one's are pretty good to. And Wheat Thins have come out with a high fiber version.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Ufi 09-23-2008 10:33 PM

I had a rotten day at work. Got so upset because of something that happened in a meeting that I forgot to eat lunch, took an afternoon break and got a coffee drink that was too big and drank most of it before I realized what I was doing (WHY is it so difficult to be mindful?!), and I came home all stressed out and feeling sick to my stomach.

But, chickies, I'm going to drag by butt out for some exercise because if I don't I'll feel guilty about it because of you all. :rolleyes: [huge tortured sigh] Toddling off ...

McKenziesmomma 09-23-2008 10:45 PM

Heather ~ Glad to hear you don't think it is bronchitis! I know what you mean on the food thing....how hard it is to stay on a calorie budget. At least your getting the exercise thing down though...so when you do finally get the food part figured out........you'll be good to go! I had the same problem...I have tried every FAD diet in the world....well maybe not...but I have tried alot and diet pills too! I finally just said...hey this is the # of calories a day I need to eat to lose weight...I don't restrict myself too much...if I want cookies or cake..or chips...I try to find a low cal version and I work it into my budget...I still have one splurge meal a week...other than that...you gotta find realistic foods that you like to schedule for meals...example...I don't like raw celery and if I schedule myself a snack of raw celery I won't eat it...I end up splurging on junk that I shouldn't be eating. Plan what you like....or just spend some time trying new meals or trying to make healthier versions of the food you like! You'll get there! :D

Blue serenity - You'll get in a groove shortly! You know what it takes and you'll find what works for you before you know it! In the mean time.....just work out a little more till you figure out what plan you want to be on??? Maybe that will make you feel better?

So far so good...day 2 on plan! I know I'm gonna post a good loss next week! YAY team witch :witch: Who's with me?