3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks up for a Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge-159/)
-   -   Seeing Myself Naked is Scary Week #2 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/151430-seeing-myself-naked-scary-week-2-a.html)

Dixiemae 09-23-2008 11:31 PM

Hi Everyone~Today I did 45 minutes walking. I will keep track here, edit as the week goes by for our exercise challenge. Hope everyone is having a good week. So far so good.

Eny~Sorry to hear that you done feel well. I hope you feel better soon!!

Everyone keep up the good work. Catch ya all later. Pat

tmil206 09-23-2008 11:52 PM

Hi everyone, just stopping in super quick to say hello. Another day OP and finished day 6 of 30DS plus a little Wii Fit workout

TORI

heather1979 09-24-2008 12:34 AM

Shari- Those chex mix choc chunk bars are AMAZING. You have your sweet and salty together.

Melissa- Calorie counting isnt the easiest for everyone believe it or not. Im dont have a kid to keep up with and I dont always have much to do during the day but think of food and then at night, my work is food. I eat alot, always have and you know that. 1300 Cal for me isnt anything. I can set a meal plan for the day of stuff I like but im still hungry. I just fell off the wagon for the week just like everyone else does at some point. I will get there eventually, heck its already been like 3months and I havent gave up yet. Yeah, havent lost much weight but im tryin to make adjustments. I set myself up a little gym in my basement. Im gonna work on a loss for next week. I need to go to food anonymous LOL. No really, like a week and a half or so before TOM thats just how I get, I get a unbelievable urge to eat everything in sight. I tryed the peppermint gum thing but it doesnt work for me. Oh well, guess its good to get there slowly than not at all. Things going ok with you?

modcat- Thanks! I think its just allergies.

I need some good snack ideas...something thats not just carbs. Something that will keep me full for a while. Any suggestions?

Ufi 09-24-2008 01:07 AM

... and I'm back. 40 minutes of walking. As I was huffing along, I inhaled a huge bug. :barf: How many calories is that?!

Have a good night. Go :dracula:s!

Lucy London 09-24-2008 02:00 AM

Hello everyone. It's midnight here and I just finished 60 minutes on the eliptical. I wish I had time to work out earlier in the day, but just getting it done at all feels really good. I've been doing really well these last few days, I hope I can keep it going!

Hope everyone's doing well. Off to bed now! :)

iriswhispers 09-24-2008 02:05 AM

i've been out of it lately.... dealing with a lot of stuff this past week and a half or so. I may take this week as one of my "freebies" but I promise I will be back!

McKenziesmomma 09-24-2008 07:23 AM

Heather - I know you'll get it ;) Sometimes I forget about the pizza place! Trust me I know how hard it is! I never ever could get a handle on things when I worked around food all the time. Even with the best intentions...even when I brought my own food....that is why you need to hurry up and move back here....not only to get away from working with food...but also so I got someone to workout with :wl: Hey...about the food anonamous thing...thats no joke! Really I wanted to try to go there once. I really feel like I have a handle on things now..but I think it couldn't hurt to go to something like that. See if you can find one in your area...or weight watchers meetings....actually going to something like that may help you....as for low carb snacks...I'm right there with you...I'm trying to cut out on the 100 calorie packs so I actually didn't buy any this time. I instead bought celery and baby carrots and some low cal dip. I know...I know...most people don't like veggies. BUT....I LOVE CARROTS with dip! I mainly got the celery for Scott and I like cooked celery. Try some new fruits for snacks. I usually stick with the typical apples and bananas....but sometimes if I think about it...I get fresh pineapple...yum! And put a little low fat cool whip on it! OMG...good! Hmmmmm.....Low carb snacks are hard to think of.....I hope others on here can give us some suggestions!
Have you checked out the food pyramid thing...Blue serenity said there were some foods with a high "fullness factor" apparently your supposed to be able to eat a lot of the food for minimal calories and stay full! Check it out! Let me know too cause I'm thinking about heading over there...but I'm too busy right now. What works for one definately doesn't work for all. Just hang in there! At least you haven't given up....and your still exercising...and your still coming here :hug: I know it is sooo hard not to think about food. OH....I used to struggle with that sooo much. ESPECIALLY on a diet it seemed like...always planning food, thinking about the next meal...so forth and so on...so the constant food thinking constantly made me hungry...that is why I love the food planning once a week....I know that all I have to do is go look at what I'm gonna eat and eat it...so I'm not constantly thinking about food all the time...I know I know...meal planning isn't working for you either. Maybe you are just giving up on stuff too easily? Have you tried planning different meals....rewarding yourself for eating on plan......Meal planning may not work...but anything that you can do to get your mind off food.....coming here, exercising, playing a game or video game, calling friends, cleaning, reading a magazine....anything....but don't do anything that you do and associate with food....like watching t.v...LOL! Just hang in there girly...and hurry up and get down here!

LucyLondon - I love your avitar....too cute!

rmc9142 09-24-2008 08:39 AM

Morning everyone.

Heather, I can't imagine having to work with food every day! That must be really hard. I admire your perseverance. Making small changes will pay off over time. Keep it up!

LucyLondon, 60 mins on the elliptical is awesome and the fact you did it at midnight is incredible. I would have probably come home and climbed into bed. WTG!!

Tori, ufi, & Dixie, you're all doing great. Thanks for being so inspiring.

Feel better Eny!

I had a better day yesterday. Totally on track for food and I walked 4.7 miles. Wish I had looked at my pedometer before I quit. I thought I'd made 5 miles. Oh well, a goal for today!

Have a great one everyone!

Enygirl 09-24-2008 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ufi (Post 2376520)
... and I'm back. 40 minutes of walking. As I was huffing along, I inhaled a huge bug. :barf: How many calories is that?!

Have a good night. Go :dracula:s!

:rofl: I guess it depends what kind of bug and as Pumba and Timon debate - if it was slimy or crunchy! :lol3:

heather1979 09-24-2008 11:51 AM

rmc- Yes, it is very hard. I work at my fathers pizza place so therefore food is free and we have alot of things, LOL. Im trying though..

Melissa- Yeah, I like some vegetables. They just get old after a while. Im just gonna have to find healthy things that I like. Guess thats gonna take some research and trying of diffrent stuff. Ya know, if i find something good to take to work maybe that would keep me from wanting to eat bad. I have a problem at restraunts too. I tend to think about ordering healthy things then I see something that looks really good and my mind doesnt think healthy, lol. Those 100 cal packs arent good for snacks. I mean they taste good but they are like a tease to want more food. I have alot of food problems to work on but I dont plan giving up. I like pineapple but I cant eat stuff with alot of acid in it. Looks like I just need to stop trying to make all my food quick fixes like lean cuisines and stuff and actuallly cook something and maybe eat it for lunch and dinner. I dunno, Ill figure something out eventually. I do thank you for getting me going with it all and into this site, its definatly helped because I would have already gave up a long time ago on my own :hug:

JasonsLea 09-24-2008 02:01 PM

So I rode a bike, first time in YEARS, to the library today. It's my friend's bike, she needs to get the brake line fixed along with the bike chain cover and extra padding on the handles, but I survived! :dizzy: It's 1.53 miles between her house and the library which adds up to 3.06 miles for one whole trip! I don't know how many cals I burned but my legs, arms, and back hurt and I was sweating buckets. Counts for something! :D

McKenziesmomma 09-24-2008 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enygirl (Post 2377104)
:rofl: I guess it depends what kind of bug and as Pumba and Timon debate - if it was slimy or crunchy! :lol3:

Ha ha ha...Eny your too funny!

Quote:

Originally Posted by heather1979 (Post 2377190)
I have a problem at restraunts too. I tend to think about ordering healthy things then I see something that looks really good and my mind doesnt think healthy, lol. Those 100 cal packs arent good for snacks.

I do thank you for getting me going with it all and into this site, its definatly helped because I would have already gave up a long time ago on my own :hug:

Amen to the restaurant thing! I do that too! Oh I think I will have a salad...wait ....that double bacon cheeseburger with fries and a shake looks good! LOL! And Amen to the 100 cal pack thing...I have learned to use them sparingly as a small dessert to dinner.... And your welcome! I'm glad we both found it!

Enygirl 09-24-2008 03:04 PM

girls.. I don't know what happened exactly (aside from lack of movement) but I put back on #2 this week! I'm Hoping that with some extra workouts and being really good the next 2 days they'll come back off along with a few of their friends!!! :)

Shari - :love: I was just telling someone last night that I want a bike again! It'd be nice just to ride around the subdivision in!

I stayed homw from work today on account of feeling crappy... I'm doing better now, but still pretty tired. I'm going to try to catch a nap after my phone interview. :)

Dixiemae 09-24-2008 08:52 PM

Hi Everyone~A quick fly by here. Tuesday I walked for 30 minutes outside, it was beautiful. I will catch up this weekend. Catch ya all later. Pat

Eny~Hope you feel better soon!!!!

LindsayL0ve 09-24-2008 09:23 PM

well, i haven't been here in a few days, since my life is SO hectic...and it seems that my diet is in a rut. I feel off the wagon big time the last five days...and I havent lost a pound. :(

sigh.