Old 06-08-2008, 01:24 PM   #31  

S/C/G: obese/obese/healthy

Height: 5'7"

Hey girls. I'm still at 219 this AM.

Toni ~ Welcome back. I'm glad you had such a good time! Happy Belated B-day!!!!
Vikki ~ I doubt that's a true 2.5 gain. Probably just extra water from overindulging. Should be back down tomorrow.
Darby ~ I hope your dog is okay! My dog Darcy has had numerous cysts on her body and I've worried to death over each one. Luckily none of them have turned out to be anything bad. One did burst and get infected, but even with that she just had to have painkillers and antibiotics for a week. Let us know what you find out.
Fauxtini ~ I couldn't care less if I weighed 300lbs as long as I get into a size 6!!

Have a good day all.
Fat Chick B Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 01:25 PM   #32  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darby1 View Post
My dog had to go to the vet on Friday because he has a bump on his leg. I noticed it a few weeks ago when it was pretty small and didn't worry about it, but it grew pretty quickly. Anyway, he's having surgery tomorrow to have it removed and I just worry that it may be cancer. We went through this identical situation with my cat a few years ago and it was just awful. It could be just a benign bump, but it's the not knowing that gets to me, you know?
Hang in there, I know how hard this is. I went through this with my German Shepherd in '06 and while it did turn out to be cancer, it was encapsulated and we got it all and she's fine today with no signs of metastasis (knock on wood). Just wanted you to know that it isn't always a terrible, terrible prognosis when it is cancer. I've got my fingers crossed that it will be benign!
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 01:25 PM   #33  
making progress again!

S/C/G: 210/208.4/170

Height: 5'8"

Fauxtini - congrats on all of your size losses!! It is always so exciting to have to buy new clothes because your old ones are too big.

Darby - just wanted to give a and say hang in there!

I was 203 this morning, so down 2 lbs, 3 to go.

I did WAY better staying hydrated yesterday (my summer goal is to drink more water). I hope you all are having a fabulous Sunday.
mamatoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 01:35 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Bleah. I did not stay hydrated yesterday at all (shot a wedding) and wound up eating really badly after because I was STARVING. Morning weddings are bad for my diet.

Starting this new challenge, this morning, I"m up even further than I was last time and I'm really disappointed. I know it'll all come back off ... it's been a crazy two weeks - borderline pneumonia and all the associated drugs (including prednisone), my TOM, a bunch of weddings, really hot weather that's left me dehydrated. It's just frustrating.

So:
SW/CW: 169 *sob*
GW: 164

Bleah.
PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 01:45 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 187/149/127ish

I had to step on the scale 5 times to be sure my eyes were reading it right, but I managed to lose two pounds.

SW:164
CW:162
GW:159
raiatheplaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 04:02 PM   #36  
Stepping Up

S/C/G: 228/ticker/160

Height: 5ft 9.5

some great losses already here guys!!

ive eaten very well today and drank ONLY water...! had some awesome bad caffeine withdrawal headaches today... thought i was going to die at one point.

no losses this morning. we shall see what happens!
PrettyPaula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 05:12 PM   #37  
making progress again!

S/C/G: 210/208.4/170

Paula - those caffeine withdrawal headaches are the WORST!! Great Job sticking it out!
mamatoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 08:39 PM   #38  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Hi Everyone!!
Well, when I signed off on Thursday I hadn't quite gotten caught up w/ all the posts. And then Fri... well that was a bummer wasn't it?? Hopefully all the bogeymen web trouble is now gone.
Now, we've returned from our weekend away, TOM is almost gone and I will weigh in tomorrow am and report back right ASAP!

have a restful Sunday night...
kittycat40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 03:36 AM   #39  
MasterHarper

Height: 5'5"

Well, I've weighed thesame now for three days running. I should be due a whoosh tomorrow I think.

SW: 153.4
CW: 153.4
GW: 148.4
Robsia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 06:18 AM   #40  

S/C/G: obese/obese/healthy

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning! I'm up to 220 this am. I'm not surprised. After locking myself out of the house with both dogs in tow, bugging my neighbor, getting my extra key from a friend and getting inside dinner wasn't until nearly 9!
Fat Chick B Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 07:25 AM   #41  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Morning everyone! I'm down a wee bit this morning. I'm offically down 39 pounds, lose one more pound and I'll be down 40! Whoo hoo!

Start weight: 169.6
Current weight: 168.8 (-.8, 4.2 to go)
Goal weight: 164.6
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 09:05 AM   #42  

Down! Whew. I knew it was mostly water and salt and being ill, but it sure feels good to go down again!

SW: 169
CW: 167.4
GW: 164

Yay.

Old 06-09-2008, 09:30 AM   #43  
Getting fit and healthy!

S/C/G: 200 / see ticker / 145

Good morning all! It took me a couple days to find you again - I thought it was just that the #11 challenge was lost in the Friday crash and no one restarted it. Whoops!

Well, it's been a miserable few days for me and I'm back to my start weight from the last challenge. So again I say:

SW: 193.5
CW: 193.5
GW: 188.5

I feel like such crap. Friday I came down with some sort of stomach-achy flu so I spent 90% of my day in bed or in the bathroom. I started the day showing a 1.5 lb loss from the start of last challenge, 192 lbs. I even managed to get my workout in (albeit kind of low-effort) before my stomach really flared up. By the next morning I was down to 190.5! But I didn't make the best food choices over the weekend, and it was miserably hot and humid so I got no real exercise. And that's the story of how I went from 192 to 190.5 to 193.5 in a weekend.

The hot weather is still persisting, along with sticky, icky humidity, and I can't bear to exercise. I'm still daunted by lots of the likelihood of many restaurant meals this week (more than usual, and it's usually 4+) and I still haven't had the TOM that was expected Friday. So this weekend is pretty much fired and I expect the rest of the week may be too. I'm so annoyed right now, I'm ready to throw in the towel.

Girls, I don't know what I'd do without this support. Wait, yes I do. I tried for close to two months to lose, joined 3FC and immediately started losing about a pound a week. That's partly a coincidental plateau break, but having support kept me pushing through it. Well I really need it now, because I feel like I don't know how on earth to push this sedentary body of mine to exercise in this weather, and it's probably the main thing that had me losing. Did I mention our air conditioning doesn't work?

Sorry this is so long and whiney, I'm gonna reread Paula's plateau posts from a couple days ago, and the nice plan she wrote up - maybe that will encourage me to get on track and try that too. I mentioned my woeful weekend in the Christmas challenge thread already, and Josephine made a good point that it's pretty simple; if you can't exercise as much, eat less. It makes me cranky because I'm trying to get in better shape not just lose weight, but I'll try to sneak in some weights and just suck it up til the ac is fixed.

Last edited by Betsi; 06-09-2008 at 09:31 AM.
Betsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 09:55 AM   #44  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Good Moday morning all you losers out there!

I am starting this challenge at 140!! Yipee, 130s are in sight!!

start 140
goal 135

I know this sounds corny and I thought a few times before posting it... but I missed you guys!! Partly it is for social reasons-- I find you bright, funny and altogether enjoyable. And secondly and also more selfishly, b/c I really do so much better with our support/accountability stuff that we have going on.

So, here's to a good week!!
kittycat40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 10:03 AM   #45  

Betsi - hang in there. I haven't been to the gym in a little over a week because of this damned pneumonia (walking kind - not bedridden, just can't breathe and feel miserable). Plus I'm taking steroids, which screw with my appetite and make me retain water like crazy. I was praying all this week that I would stay below 170 - cause that's where I broke my last plateau and if I'd gone back to the 170s, I think I would have cried.

A couple of thoughts for you. This weight gain now is probably more water and bloating. The TOM, the heat and humidity, etc., will mess you up. Breathe through this. It'll be ok. Keep in mind that to really gain 3.5 lbs, you'd have had to eat 12,250 calories over your maintenance level. It's really unlikely that you did that ...!

Exercise - I hear ya on that one. It's 97'F here and *miserable*! I can't get the energy to exercise when it's that hot - even at home with the a/c going. Is there *any* way you can join a gym for the summer? If I didn't have my gym to go to, I know I wouldn't exercise.

Now, my lecture! If you go into the week with the attitude that it's fried, then it will be. ONLY YOU can control your committment and attitude here. So knowing that you'll be eating out a lot, start planning now. Start thinking about what you're going to order at various places. Start planning your evening meals on those days you go out. If you know you're going out with a group of people for lunch, plan for that to be your big meal and make sure you have low cal, light dinner stuff and snacks for when you get home in the evening. This week does not have to be a wash for you ... start planning now!

You can do this!!!!