Old 07-18-2007, 03:29 PM   #31  
No pain, no gain.

Height: 6'3"

[QUOTE=Clykk;1780031]

glitterlicious What is a c25k workout? Did you end up working out after your exam? It sounded like such a great choice, I wondered if you did it. Congrats on finishing your exam and feeling great about it! BTW, gorgeous picture!

[QUOTE]

The c25k workout is a beginner runner training program. It lasts 9 weeks and it gradually builds upon itself so if you follow you can train to run 30 consistant minutes 3 times a week.
You can find this workout here.
I never though I could actually enjoy running and this is the only program that has worked. I'm so happy with the results so far and can't wait to complete the program.

I did end up working out after my exam. I could just feel the stress evaporating off of me and I felt wonderful afterwards. And I usually don't enjoy weight lifting but that day was great.

As for the exam results, I got a C on the practical and I have no idea how I did on the unit exam, but it went very well

Thanks about the pic. I used to never let people take full length pics of me and now I love dressing up and taking pics. Lol. This weight loss business is starting to get exciting. And in just 5 short pounds I'll get to put my pics in the mini-goal photo album. Can't wait!!!
glitterlicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 07:34 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 188/176/150

Height: 5'4"

Michelle- My sister took her kids to the Akron Zoo today. I haven't been there since they got the new animals. My youngest daughter (32) loves the Zoo. She takes the kid almost every year. She loves the otters.

Shari- So what kind of job is it?

Carolyn- LOL what is taking care of yourself? I guess I'm just used to taking care of everyone else that I don't even really notice. When the time comes that I need taken care of I hope someone does as good of a job as I've been doing. My dad had the stoke in May so it hasn't been that long. I know he would be there for me if I needed him.

This is what I did today:

My daughter and I went to the nursing home and talked to the director about his therapy. She said she just got permission to extend all his therapy to 30 minutes instead of 15. He had just finished working with the PT when we got there. She came in and talked to us. She said it's hard sometimes to get my dad awake. She's going to start trying in the afternoon.

We got permission to take my dad outside. They put him in a recliner style chair and we wheeled him out to the patio. There is no grass at the home and we ended up looking out at the parking lot, but at least it was getting him some fresh air which he hasn't had since the stroke except for the ambulance transfer last week. There was a little kitty ( looked like a kitten) that must have had kittens of her own there. She was a friendly little thing. We put her on my dad's lap and he pet her. When we took him back inside the PT asked how he liked being outside. He said "I loved it" That made it all worth it.

The RT said she would like to start using a plug on the trach to see how he does. She said they have had a good rate of getting the patients off the trach and eating again. That is my greatest gaol for him. If they can get him to eat real food I know he will recover the rest of the way. He loved to eat and I know that is one thing that he is down about.

We then talked to the Activities Director. She said she would try harder to get my dad more involved. She says she stops in everyday to see if he would like to join them. He always says no. I circled some things I think he might enjoy so maybe he will go to something.

Before we left the Social Worker talked to us about my dad's depression. He showed us the results of the questions he asked him. He said some of the answers worried him. He's going to ask him the questions again in a few weeks.

When I got home I made the fresh green beans. My hubby grilled pork chops. What a yummy dinner. I even made some sangria. I know I shouldn't have, but it sure was tasty. I put a bunch of fresh fruit and fresh squeezed juice in some Merlot and let it marinade for a little while.

Last edited by grammpaula; 07-18-2007 at 08:00 PM.
grammpaula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 01:02 AM   #33  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

glitter:
thanx for that info on c25k.......i think i'm going to incorporate that starting next week. I'd love to be able to jog 3 miles
Holyteror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 08:57 AM   #34  
No pain, no gain.

holyteror- no problem! Keep me updated on your progress.

W- 8 glasses of water
E- resistance workout (upper and lower body), ab workout
E- nonfat yogurt and slim fast for breakfast, turkey wrap and slim fast for lunch, fruit of some sort and baby carrots for snack, and whatever my mom makes me for dinner
D- It's rainy, I feel blah, but I am going to get through my workout.
Old 07-19-2007, 09:14 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 380/286/175

Height: 5' 6"

Hi everyone!

glitter - When I grow up, I wanna be just like you!! I've always secretly wanted to be a runner. Maybe after another 75 lbs or so I'll give it a try.

aud - How do you get so much water in? Do you have a catheter? If not, you must spend all of your time in the bathroom!! If I can drink half of the amount of water that you do, I'll be to my goal in no time.

paula - My mom is at the point where we know that she's ready for assisted living, but she's not ready to face it. I know your dad's situation is different, but any advice?

I've been helicopter dieting all week - hovering within a couple of pounds, but got back down to my lowest today. I've been dilligent about the treadmill . I'll do it later today, after my new appliances are delivered - stove, fridge and microwave - I'm so excited I can hardly stand it! 44 years old and I've never had brand new - always came with the apt. or house.

W - 64 oz --- I'm really gonna do it today!!

E - 40 min on treadmill - did I mention that I have to wait for my new appliances to be delivered first?!?

E - B-yogurt, blueberries, L - salad, fruit, S - cherries, D - Lentil & rice salad, and WATER WATER WATER!!!

D - buy at least 1 new fruit and 1 new veggie while grocery shopping
musictchr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 09:54 AM   #36  
Living Light

S/C/G: 171/171/160

Default Checking in

W - 7
E - Main course salad day One chewy bar and a chai latte off plan
E - 40 min. walk which included the first day of the c25k workout, 1.5 hours of yoga and swimming with my DS!!
D - Keep going for that light feeling!

Hmmmm, thanks for the info about the c25k workout. Maybe I'll do that in place of the 45 minute walk today.

Last edited by Clykk; 07-19-2007 at 09:45 PM.
Clykk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 12:11 PM   #37  

Musictchr- I think you should keep her informed. I've been straight with my dad. If you have a place in mind you could go visit with her and let her see all the things they have to offer. I guess the important thing is to let her know that just because she's going to be living there she won't be forgotten my her family. You will need to offer a lot of support until she is settled in and feels like it's home. The assisted living place here is really nice. It's like little apartments. I just wish it wasnt so expensive. I told my hubby I wouldn't mind living there when I get old. Well, I mean older.

Have fun with your new appliances. Just be sure to stock the refrigerator with ONLY healthy food.
Old 07-19-2007, 01:42 PM   #38  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi girls!!! I WISH WISH WISH I had time to do personals today, there's so much to respond to! But I just woke up (worked last night, and go back tonight) have to go to the gym, shower, get the kids, do dinner, go back to work....so time crunch. But I popped online at work last night so if I get some time tonight, I'll try to pop in.

I decided to change my Labor Day goal to 225....I am losing kind of fast (I peeked and saw a 236 this morning) PLUS I'll be in this challenge, of course, but also the challenge at the gym Aug 1st- Sept 1st, and NOW there's a challenge at work! It's an exercise challenge, how many minutes you and 3 of your co-workers exercise per week. And I'm the "tribe leader" (it's a Survivor theme challenge, I pick up the details tonight at work)....and my team is three girls who are totally motivated and totally committed to getting this weight off. Oh and our tribal name is "the Skinny Dippers".....I thought that was cute.

So I feel like it's my time. And I've been CRAVING my workouts at the gym.

It must be my time.

(About damn time too)

xoxooxoMichelle
NurseMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 02:18 PM   #39  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

I feel it's my time.

It must be my time.

About dayum time!

ROTF michelle and ITA!

Don't know if I mentioned that I'm 46 and it's not like this is gonna get any EASIER in the future, ya know?

I'm in the Zone too right now - and plan to stay there! Just craving the activity . . . the exercise . . . the walking . . . the gym and the common sense eating plan! PLUS I love this web site and everyones input!

Water? I just drink it constantly music - have my 44oz cup handy at all times - keep the big jug in my office at night for refills. I think the body craves it and gets used to the intake. I got an email awhile back on how like 50% of the population is chronically dehydrated - and that most of the time the body is THIRSTY not hungry. Went on to point out the evils of soda etc dehydrating the body. Just made good sense - so even when I'm OffPlan etc - I still hydrate - maybe not this much but have been conscientious about it for a long while now. I'm also up and about for 12-16 hours a day - so prolly have extra time to drink than most. I go the bathroom twice b4 work - right when I get there and 5-6 times in a shift. I go again when I get home. TMI? ROTF!

Got my WEED in all this week and am definitley HIGH about that! Time to do it again:

W: same

E: Strictly OP

E: Back to legs/back circuit and walking? Oh boy, did I do some walking yesterday! I am so stiff today - will just have to see how it goes - may have to walk even further to get the kinks out.

D: Dropping off groceries and clothes to the church. Meditating on having so much and worrying about my weight when others have so little.
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 03:13 PM   #40  
aud
lc lifestyle

Just noticed NONE of the calendars (that I bought in February for $1 lol) even HAVE Labor Day noted on them!

I'm thinking we've got about 19 days?
Old 07-19-2007, 05:23 PM   #41  

aud- Maybe you are looking at the wrong month. Labor day is September 3rd. That's about 6 weeks away. LOL
Old 07-20-2007, 08:19 AM   #42  
Living Light

S/C/G: 171/171/160

Default Good Morning!

Feeling awesome!

Already swam this morning. And I didn't have to convince myself to get up this morning. I wanted to! Wow! Love that!

Did great yesterday and I see the same thing happening today.

W - 6
E - OP Had 6 melba toast, a cereal bar and a chai latte off plan
E - Swim 1 km (40 mins)
D - Remember, this is my new lifestyle. Enjoy the powerful feeling of being light and strong!

KEEP ON KEEPING ON!

IT WILL MAKE YOU FEEL SO STRONG!

DON'T GIVE UP!!

SMOKE IT UP!!
GET HIGH ON WEED!!!

Last edited by Clykk; 07-20-2007 at 09:57 PM.
Clykk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 12:27 PM   #43  
No pain, no gain.

Hello everyone! Good news. Not only have I been getting healthy it seems but my heart is getting healthier as well. I donated blood today and my pulse was 68 and my blood pressure was 106/74. Yay!

I also completed workout #3 of week 5 of the c25k program, a 20 min run with no stopping. I made it through.

Def a good day so far, and its only noon.

W- 12 glasses today (a lil extra cuz I donated and worked out)

E- Same ol' slim fast optima diet. It's so awesome I love it.

E- 30 min cardio, followed by a nice long walk.

D- I love seeing how much healthier my body is getting and am determined to keep it up.
Old 07-20-2007, 03:10 PM   #44  
aud
lc lifestyle

ROTF gpaula . . . A Union Official confused about LABOR DAY!!! *breathing a little easier about the Challenge!

Ahhh, the Beloved Dancing Carrot getting competition from the Adorable Dancing Broccoli, clykk? Right On! Loved the WEED CHEER!

Only got W. E. D. yesterday - did walk a bit but no time for the gym at the Salt Mine. Hellacious Nite -

To borrow from the Cheech & Chong albums of my youth -

No stems or seeds

That we don't need . . .

WOW Labor Day Challenge is some

Bad A$$ WEED!

W: same

E: Strictly OP

E: Arms/Shoulder Circuit - Planned Walking

D: Don't beat yourself up for missing the gym yesterday auddie!
Old 07-20-2007, 09:50 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 380/286/175

Height: 5' 6"

Feeling really good about this past week. Got to change my ticker - even though it was only one lb down, it was actually more like 4 after the bunco camping weekend (I just don't change it when it's supposed to go up ). Feeling REALLY good about the treadmill. I've been putting in at least 40 minutes per day, but I actually did a full hour this morning! Two months ago I would have given up after about 10 minutes.

Leaving for camp tomorrow morning, so I need to plan accordingly. Will pack sneakers so I can take a walk or 2 instead of treadmill, and lots of fruits and veggies for snacks.

Have a great weekend everyone!
musictchr is offline   Reply With Quote