Old 07-16-2007, 08:39 AM   #1  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Default W.O.W. Labor Day Challenge Week TWO thread!

Good Monday morning friends! How did we do surviving the weekend? This is the first challenge where I've made MONDAYS my weigh in day. This should keep me accountable over the weekend.....and guess what!? I LOST! 239, down SIX pounds! YES SIX! I have to admit I've had a few treats, a few slips, but no all out BINGEs this last week. I have exercised like crazy too, Friday, DH and I golfed 9 holes (yes par 3 but still, we walked it and it took about an hour) then he went to help his parents and I went to the gym, and next thing I knew I'd been there TWO hours! WOW! The time flew by and I felt so good!

WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME! I saw some new faces on the last thread....we made it to SIX pages by the way! That's AWESOME!

I lucked out last night, I went into work for 7p-7a and at 11pm, census was low and we had too many nurses scheduled, so I got to go home at 11! So today the kids are at daycare and DH at work so I get a nice day all for MYSELF. I suppose I'll be cleaning all day and at the gym, but still.

Personals later....keep up the good work! xoxoxoxo Michelle
NurseMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 08:50 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 191/184/110

Height: 5'2"

Wow... SIX POUNDS!!! That's huge, Michelle! Way to go!!

This week was much better than last... TOM over, and I posted a 3 pound loss... plugging away at that 20 pound goal... one day at a time.
Loriannc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 08:51 AM   #3  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

hey michelle congrats on the loss! I pulled off a 4 lb loss with a few slips (i thought i read everything correctly but NO lol) and a couple of workouts in, plus a rehearsal. i'm exhausted this mornin cuz i couldn't sleep worth a hoot last night. I'm back to my normal 3 hr diet eating plan now and may do the detox 2 more times before the final weigh in at work. but i'm hoping for 175 come september. it's alot of work, 18 lbs, but for our challenge here i'm hopin for 179 by labor day. The DDF on my signature is sept 23.

ok i gotta hit the shower and get ready for work.....talk to you all soon!
Holyteror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 09:44 AM   #4  
No pain, no gain.

Height: 6'3"

Wow. It's great to hear how everyone is finding success...6 pounds, 3 pounds, 4 pounds...I'll jump right on the bandwagon with a weight loss of 3 pounds.

I've now lost 25 lbs this summer...10% of my starting weight.
I think it's funny that I've lost 1/10th of myself...and I have no intentions of finding it.

And this means I'm back at the weight I started college at, with 5 weeks left to spare...everybody is going to be so surprised when they come back this summer.

Anyways, here's the daily plan:
W- 8 glasses and then some...I have basketball tonight and will definetly be needing hydration.
E- 30-40 minutes of full court basketball, depending if we have substitutes or not and my ab workout.
E- Slimfast shake and nonfat yogurt for breakfast, 1/2 slice leftover mushroom pizza and slimfast shake for lunch, rice cake and fruit for snacks, and who knows for dinner....
D- I'm going to take my excitement for losing 25 lbs and use it to fuel me to lose the last 5 lbs to reach my first mini goal...It's going to be such a major milestone for me and it's sure to be here in 2 weeks or so...I can't wait.
glitterlicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 10:21 AM   #5  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

Hiya NurseMichelle! Had a feeling I was posting in the wrong place so just gonna paste my Post below. I see that you still have crazy hours too - such a challenge, isn't it!

Congrats to everyone on their weight losses! Just so inspiring and I can't wait to Chime In.

Mondays are my weigh ins too - now that I'm back to the grind at work. I always w/i on Fridays too - that way I can keep track of the damage done on weekends. I'm working this weekend so shouldn't be a problem.

Paste:

I remember loving Gershwin in a music class I had many eons ago in college - but can't think of the songs, clykk. Tx for the Welcome!

Up early and won't get to bed til about 4am . . . ah the joys of switching back to night shift. Trying to get a zillion little things done around the house that I didn't finish on my two weeks off. PLUS go to the store to stock up for my return to a saner woe!

Better toke up on a lot of WEED!

W: 128oz

E: Strictly OP

E: Hitting the Upper Body Circuit and 40 minute Walk

D: Taking it one day/NIGHT at a time!
Old 07-16-2007, 10:23 AM   #6  
same me, only less

Height: 5'8"

WOW! all these weight losses are amazing! Congratulation to everyone!!

Michelle-it must feel great to lose all those pounds and be able to be active now that you don't have to deal with a hurt ankle.

glitterlicious-congrats on the 10% weight loss!

Today is mu weight in day also and this morning I had a 2.2 lb loss. Not as great as some of y'alls but still a great start to this challenge. I leave for vacation on friday, so I just hope that I will be able to keep this momentum going. Anyway, off to the gym. I'll try to post again before work. congrats again everyone!
libchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 10:56 AM   #7  
One Day At A Time

Feels like having coffee and chatting with our girlfriends, doesn't it ?

I'm so glad you're back with us, AUD! I'd been wondering about you. We weigh nearly the same, so I really need you! How do you like the night shifts? Remind me again, what do you do? Do you work 5 days a week? Off shifts wreck havok on dietary efforts! Take for instance, my weekend, Saturday breakfast-lunch-dinner-snack-night shift lunch-snack bed. Wake up- breakfast-then to work where I got the night off early, so I ate a small meal and went to bed. So one day I might hit 2400-2600 calories, one day only 500-700 calories. It's nuts. But maybe the cycling keeps my metabolism guessing.

There has got to be something to this "stubborn fat" theory. Like if you gain the weight quickly you should be able to lose a little more quickly, than, say, being overweight for a long time. Maybe my 20 lb ankle gain will fall off relatively quickly. It's busting through the 215 mark that has eluded me my entire adult life.

My gym is having another contest Aug 1st - Sept 1st. Fabulous prizes, etc. Individuals this time as opposed to teams the first time, pairs the next time. I felt bad about the last one, they paired us with random partners for a two month contest, the first month, I was KILLING it, then broke the ankle and couldn't finish....felt like I let her down. This time should be ALL ME!

Loriannc! WTG on the 3 pound loss DESPITE that damn TOM! You ROCK! I am so proud of ALL of us! Holyteror! FOUR pounds! OMG! Glit 3 pounds! Lib, 2.2, I am so impressed you guys! Remember my MIL says if you think 2 pounds is nothing, go to the grocery store and look at 2 pounds of hamburger, and you'll see...LOL, not quite what I had in mind, but it helps.

SO glit, full court basketball!? Do you play with friends? A league/team? Sounds like a great cardio workout. I've been thinking about going back to tennis, I have NO idea where my racket is....Robert would like to try it too. Maybe that'll be my goal this week, go back to tennis.

WEED for today, normal day, up in AM, bed in PM

W- 3-4 liters
E- Vigorous house cleaning, 1.5 hrs + at gym, lower body day, abs, cardio. Possibly a nice evening walk with the family.
E- breakfast was greasy spoon diner type place, oatmeal/fruit cup/wheat toast, (probably not the BEST choice the toast was too buttery but yummy) Lunch will be South Beach Wraps, pretzels, grapes. Dinner shish kabebs on the grill, roasted red potatoes. brown rice? Snack? I love that whole wheat tortilla + reduced fat PB microwave that for 10 sec, roll it around a banana...OMG heavenly and filling.
D- WEE, cleaning, make a nice dinner for the family, laundry, and walk with straight posture, strut a bit, hold head high.

Lots of love xoxoxoxoo Michelle
Old 07-16-2007, 11:07 AM   #8  
aud
lc lifestyle

How'd ya break your ankle michelle? I'd weigh an extra 50 for sure if that happened to me! Congrats on your recovery! This alltime-high weight is what I weighed b4 the two week vacay I've been on - so actually may be HIGHER - - I spent the last week on the river though - so there's always a chance it could be lower???!!!

Not likely - those Bud Lights were sure going down good!

I'm a night shift elected union official/manufacturing and have gained a ton since leaving the movement of the actual assembly line and also menopause onset.

I'm ready to turn it all around!
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 11:36 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 188/176/150

Height: 5'4"

: Congrats to all you losers. Keep up the good work!!

Not much happening here today. Hubby went golfing this morning with a friend for his birthday. We are going to dinner this evening to celebrate. I have a special order pioneer dress I have to get done today, tomorrow at the latest. I've already been to my daughters to feed the animals and I went to WalMart to get hubby a few more presents. I watered the garden and now I'm ready to sit at the sewing machine until Hubby gets home and we leave to go visit my dad and then go to dinner.

Today's WEED

W- working on getting at least 3 bottles in today.

E- Trying to stay on track until dinner and then try to find something safe on the Lonestar menu

E- Not much time for that today

D- Enjoy time with hubby this evening.
grammpaula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 11:45 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 380/286/175

Height: 5' 6"

Hi everyone - Congratulations on your losses!! If you add them together, I've met my goal! Too bad I had an awful weekend. Actually, I had a great weekend, which is why it was awful - does that make sense?

If any of you have a bunch of girlfriends who all hang out together, you should definitely try what I did this past weekend: About 8 of my bunco friends all went camping - no husbands, no kids - it was fantastic! Two of the husbands came on Friday and set up the campers, then left. We had a blast, then the hubbies came back on Sunday to bring the campers home. We had so much fun that we're planning a winter getaway at a hotel!

The bad news: I knew we planned on going out to dinner on Fri, so I planned on going off program for that one meal and bring my own food for the rest of the time. (Had a burger, garlic mashed potatoes and a glass of wine - ) Did great until Sat night when the cream cheese and olive wraps came out. I only had about 7 of them - those bite-size snacks! Got on the scale this AM and got a huge error message. For those of us who weigh as much as I do, you know that an error message means you are over the scale limit. Mine is 350, so I'm back to where I was at the beginning of the summer.

The good news: It could have been so much worse! Everyone else was eating and drinking like there was no tomorrow, and I stuck to my homemade salsa/brown rice cakes, water and unsweetened banana chips. And - I've already done 30 min. on the treadmill this AM and had a healthhy smoothie and grapes for breakfast.

OK - I'm done with my rant. I promise I'll be less negative next time. Thanks for listening!

W - 2 liters
E - 30 min treadmill done/maybe another 30 tonight
E - Back on program
D - Not letting the setback get me down - jumping back in with both feet
musictchr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 01:22 PM   #11  
same me, only less

music-sounds like you had a wonderful weekend. You seem focused and back on track now, so that weight should be no problem!

I just got back from the gym and had a good workout. I did 4 miles in an hour and 12 minutes! It was the first time I had made it that far and I'm so proud of myself, even if half way through I wanted lay down and take a nap. I don't know if I mentioned it here or not, but I have already signed up to do a half marathon in december. I wasn't going to tell anyone, but I figure if I tell everyone I know I will have that extra motivation to keep going and not let anyone down (including myself). As long as I finish I don't care if I'm the last one. Just wanted to share

W-48
E-OP and write it down
E-gym-done!
D-countdown days until wii arrives!
Old 07-16-2007, 02:49 PM   #12  
One Day At A Time

Lib~ I just got back from the gym too!!!! I feel all nervous, jittery, all those nice sweaty things you feel after a good workout. Let me see if I can remember all I did...

treadmill, random hill mode, 20 min, 1.5 miles
lower body workout/abs
cross trainer x-train reverse mode, 10 min 1 mile
elliptical, x-train reverse mode, 25 minute, 2 miles
got all pumped up and added
treadmill 20 min, hills, 1.5 miles

wow so that's 6 miles! OMG! But it took me almost 2 hrs...LOL, I really worked that LBWO/abs though.

My favorite part is the shower and laying down on my nice cool bed afterwards. I need to water up first though.

Have any of you tried Kashi Go Lean Energy Shakes? First I thought I was getting "protein powder"....well it is high in protein too 26 g but probably LOADED with carbs/sugar, still.....the chocolate flavor is SO GOOD! I'd been doing vanilla awhile and tried chocolate and it was YUMMY. Next time I'm going to add a banana to it. or cherries?

Can you guys smell me yet or what!? Off to the showers I go. xoxoxo Michelle
Old 07-16-2007, 03:26 PM   #13  
same me, only less

michelle-wow, you really rocked your workout! I haven't tried the Kashi shakes, but I do eat the ashi go lean crunch bars and cerel. I'll have to keep a look out for the skakes. Where did you find them at?
Old 07-16-2007, 03:27 PM   #14  
I'm Praying for a Miracle

S/C/G: 232/196/159

Height: 5'6 1/2

Sorry i have not posted lately.. So much gonig on in my home. bad stuff. so im trying to stay with it!
im down 2 more pounds!
whoo whoo. only good news!

Good work ladies !
Friday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 04:01 PM   #15  
aud
lc lifestyle

Well wish me luck - headed in for grind after two week vacay - I'll pop back in I think in the Wee Hours - and to prolly change my weight after the w/i! I usually only work M-F, but had a Saturday added this week.

Great to see all the work out news - AND a goal of a 1/2 marathon - VERY Inspirational and I'll be thinking of you all when I hit the gym and then the track late tonight!
aud is offline   Reply With Quote