Old 07-23-2007, 09:01 AM   #1  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

Default W.O.W. Labor Day Challenge Week Three Thread!!!!

HI HI HI HI HI!!!!

Just thought I'd start off our monday with a HI!

WEED:
w: 100 oz
e: whatever I can
e: on plan
d: get some rest tonight!

I had a busy weekend and I am still trying to recover.....how are you guys doin???

Have a great monday!!
Holyteror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 10:43 AM   #2  
Living Light

S/C/G: 171/171/160

Height: 5'4"

Angry Frustrated, but not down.

My w/i was today and I am still at 157 pds - 3 weeks in a row!! I diligently recorded everything and without a doubt I did double the exercise and increased my water intake from the previous week when I was also 157 pounds. As was the case last week, my measurements record a drop in inches putting me down from 39% to 37% body fat. Another website had me doing more measurements and my body fat came out to 20.5%. Man, I'm confused!!!

Anyways, the measurements are telling me some good news. I sure wish the scale would come along for the ride downhill, but so far, no go. My goal this week is to keep up the exercise and water intake and to cut out the chai latte's. They were never OP, but I do enjoy them for a treat.

W - 8
E - 1.5 hours of yoga and a c25k run (Day 3)
E - OP - Had 2 cereal bars this morning (I was sooooo hungry after yoga and got stuck in a traffic jam for over an hour!) All is forgiven. Buttered popcorn, 2 chocolate chip chewy bars and a bowl of cereal tonight!! DARN!!
D - No Chai Latte today!!

Last edited by Clykk; 07-23-2007 at 10:24 PM.
Clykk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 11:05 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 380/286/175

Height: 5' 6"

Back from the weekend at camp, and still moving in the right direction on the scale . Everyone actually had a healthy stir fry with brown rice for dinner on Sat, so I didn't have to eat something different from the crowd - and it wasn't even my idea! Went out to breakfast on Sunday and had an omelet. I found out the hard way that my tummy just isn't used to the grease from restaruant cooking anymore - spent half of the day in the bathroom (yeah, TMI).

This AM's weight was down another 2 lbs from Friday! I'm at a total of 36 down, with 14 to go before Labor Day. Started walking on the treadmill every day just over a week ago, and I am really seeing an effect on the scale!

clykk - Hooray for you with the change in measurements!
I wish I'd remembered to measure before I started. Keep plugging away and eventually the scale will move again.

W - 48 oz

E - 55 min on treadmill already done

E - smoothie for bfast, salad for lunch, lentil & rice salad for dinner

D - clean the motor on the treadmill, visit Mom, get car inspected

Have a great week everyone!
musictchr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 12:29 PM   #4  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

Busy Busy Monday's for us all, eh? (Tx for the multiple "Hi's" holyt! Always good on a Monday!)

Had a rotten day off - lots of drama with hub and oldest DD - geeez louise it never ends. Work 6 nights of 10-12 hour shifts and come home to needless drama. Took it out on myself with some late night carb loading- - but nothing like the past and not feeling sorry for it - just feeling pissed and hoping that I've learned a lesson. (FINALLY!)

Glad measurements came up--mine are here at 3fc somewhere and am determined to find them - inches count even when the scale doesn't move, right???

Have a GREAT Monday all -I MUST have some Major WEED:

W: 128oz

E: Strict OP

E: Upper Body Circuit/Looong Walk for Clarity

D: This too shall pass
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 12:41 PM   #5  
aud
lc lifestyle

PS: Pic up Harry Potter I on the first day of the 2 week vacay I had July 4th and was almost instantly addicted! Had just seen bits and pieces of the movies when D9yroldD watched - I'm at the begininng of Book 5 now and on the waiting list for 6&7 at the library. Great story telling and a real escape read.

PPS: Every time I see WOW - I think of rowdy bliss - what happened to her?
Old 07-23-2007, 01:22 PM   #6  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi Weeders....I'm in the mood for a long chat today. How bout it?! LOL

I miss RowdyBliss DESPERATELY too! I should send her an email. I'm sure she's just buried in work, home, etc. But she would just say these things and really help put it all in perspective for us. She was so motivating. I think in fact, she's on my Myspace list (BTW, I'm [email protected], on Myspace, and that's my email addy too if you're interested. Myspace page isn't that exciting but it has a few cute things on it.)

Robin, are you still hanging out around the WEED threads?

Oh so here goes, ONE POUND LOST this week! Not too shabby, if you read about my weekend in Columbus. Lots of margaritas goin round. LOL I think I am going to promise to EXERCISE every single day. I finally got me a copy of WATP, it comes with 2 DVDs one mile and three mile. I hear they are good for clumsy uncoordinated people like me. I'll letcha know. Plus I have a million ball and band workouts, Pilates for Dummies, Tae Bo video (which is only an instructional video so I don't care that much for it, it just teaches you the moves, and it doesn't work both sides of the body, just the one side so you get the idea of the moves.)

Hi Holyteror, thanks so much for starting the thread, I loved the HIs, they made me smile. This must be why people usually hate mondays, all the activity over the weekend, we need ANOTHER day just to rest up. I hear ya on that one. Good job on the loss, you're doing really awesome!
I stayed up WAY too late reading Harry Potter (still book 1) but I really enjoy it so far. I can't wait to get more into the series. I'm still just getting to know the characters. I'm not sure I want to see those movies given how much I'm enjoying the book. I'm almost always disappointed by the movies. But I will admit that I imagine Harry to look just like the actor who plays him. The rest of the characters are in my head, but I don't know what those actors look like. Are you totally obsessive about not hearing the spoilers? My niece and her mom (SIL) all weekend long, if anything came on the TV, they'd hurry up and change the channel, the local paper had a front page headline about what happens in the book, the Niece almost called off work (LOL!) because she was afraid someone would mention something about it! Niece finished reading the book about 24 hrs after buying it. Now her mom can read it. At least by the time I get to that book, the hype will die down and I can get my mitts on it and not have to wait.

Hiya Clykk, I'm SO glad you have ways other than the scale to track your losses, I can imagine how frustrating not seeing the scale move can be. So at least you can still SEE that you ARE making progress! I always find that when you get where you are now, the scale will eventually make a HUGE jump and catch up to the rest of you. So you can look forward to like a 5-7 pound loss in one week. So I don't know that much about chai latte but it sounds like I better stay away from it! LOL My friend brought some instant chai one night at work, but I wasn't that interested. So I think I'll avoid it if I can. Better not to even get started! I don't even know what to tell you about those body fat websites, they tell you such different things, I have NO idea!?

Heyyo Musictchr! Do you go to camp every weekend? Good job staying OP this weekend, sounds like you made good choices! I hear ya on that greasy spoon side effect thing, been there sister! I think it's my body screaming "WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO ME!" Too bad we don't remember these things in the future. LOL. AWESOME job on the 2 lb loss, I bet your measurements would REALLY reflect your progress. It's not too late to start measuring?! DO IT!

Audie, I have a question for you, without offending of course. Have you considered a different way to lose weight other than low carb? I had great success with LC a few years ago, so I'm a HUGE fan of it, but I think with calorie counting, low fat, low cal, high protein, fiber, fruits/veg/white meat, no sugar/flour, etc. at least I get a few "treats" even if you consider strawberries or apples treats. Maybe you like carbs too much to give them up. I always felt like if I blew it on the low carb plan, I had to start over from scratch and it kind of frustrated me. I was always afraid too, that I'm such an impulse eater and on LC you have AMAZING control over your appetite, even to where you didn't realize it if you didn't eat for hours at a time. But I find that exercise helps me there, I don't want to blow all that hard work on one meal, etc. Oh and my goodness you are SPEEDING through your Harry Potter books! It's only been what three/four weeks and you're already up to the 5th one! I'm still back on book one! But I like that for now, us being behind everyone else, at least we can speed through them with no line, no wait! Those other guys had to wait til the next ones came out, LOL and here we can marathon read them all in a row.

OK, I'll be back in a bit, I need to go back to last weeks thread and catch up with Paula, loriannc, Jeni, freeque, and the others.

Shelby, do you still keep up with the WEED threads? I miss you! I see you posting all over the place, and wish you'd come back to us!?

xoxoxoxo Michelle
NurseMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 02:04 PM   #7  
aud
lc lifestyle

I figured rowdyb was just busybusybusy - she was one busy chick! She had just started moving tot he new house when I left. All the best to rowdy!

I agree that I LOVE being behind the curve on the HP books and movies, nurse michelle! A few years back everyone at my brother's bar got addicted to Stephen King's Dark Tower series and it was a miserable time waiting for each installment of the epic to come out (but well worth it - highly recommend Dark Tower - its not what you think when most think of King!) I have seen the actor and character of Slytherin's "Snape" - confession: I AM SOOOO ATTRACTED TO HIM!!! Reminds me of an old BF that had a rock band-LOL!

And no not offended one bit michelle . . . I've had a grip on what my eating problem is for a few years now and was making great progress in my late 30's early 40's (Hovered around 150-160) - when my Mom died when I was 4-5 months preggers - and Ms. Menopause knocked me for a loop earlyearly - I went into emotional overeating with a vengeance. Now at 46, its just a bad habit way of dealing with stress. Trying to eat low fat etc tripled the damage! (To the tune of about 80 lbs) . . . I am just totally carb sensitive and all that means is that it triggers cravings/enormous appetite for me. Years of sending my pancreas on a roller coaster ride.

Bottom Line: Not lying down shovelling bacon and eggs down my throat - just know that for me and my glycemic overload need to stay away from processed foods and anything "white" - self medicating with mashed potatoes and pasta got me where I am today---I don't eat these foods when I'm "hungry" or missing them - I eat them to make me feel numb and sleepy, ya know?

Just posted that next time I feel the need - gonna try something healthy instead of comfort eating - like sit-ups or stairs - that oughtta get me numb and sleepy!!
Old 07-23-2007, 02:56 PM   #8  
No pain, no gain.

Height: 6'3"

Hey lovelies.

My jeans that I had a hard time at the beginning of my weight loss journey are becoming looser by the day, and today they're feeling super loose, which means I'm feeling super good. Maybe in a few short weeks I'll be able to tackle a smaller size...

W -10 full ounces, so far I'm only at 3 so I better get drinking
E - 30-40 min of full court summer basketball tonight, ab workout
E - Slim Fast Optima diet
D - I could be a week away from my first mini goal as long as I stay the course and keep up the good work. I'm going to stay focused and go for the gold!

clykk- don't get frustrated! whether it's inches or pounds it's all good. Think of how much better your clothes are fitting on you. The pounds are bound to be coming off sooner or later if you keep up with what you're doing.

musictchr- congrats on the weight loss this week. I know where you're coming from about your stomach not being used to fatty foods the way you used to be. I used to be able to tolerate anything- alfredo sauce, pizza, you name it...now just eating a meal with french fries and fried fish turns my stomach sideways.

aud- I'm sorry for your crappy day off. Everyone has those kind of days where nothing seems to work out, and I'm sure you'll be back on the horse in no time.

nursemichelle- congrats on the one pound loss this week! Working out daily will make up for those margueritas in no time.

Here's to another great week! We can do this...one week at a time.
glitterlicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 05:53 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 188/176/150

Carolyn- You know that muscle weighs more than fat so maybe with all the extra exercise you are gaining more muscle. If you are losing inches that is the most important thing. How are your clothes fitting?

musictchr- : Great job on the 2 pounds loss.

Michelle- I just sent you a friends request on myspace.
: WOW another pound!!!

glitter- WOOHOO! don't you just love it when your clothes get looser??

I got a call from the rest home. They said my dad has congestive heart failure. If it's not one thing it's another. I visited him this afternoon and he said that they had him walking in therapy today. He seemed so proud of himself. He said he did 2 monkey bars. I'm guessing that they had him holding on the the parallel bars to walk. He said he could only take a few steps at a time and then he had to sit down.
grammpaula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 08:47 AM   #10  
Living Light

S/C/G: 171/171/160

Thumbs down All Backed Up This Morning

OK, it's not how it sounds. I am referring to my house! I didn't put the dishes in the dishwasher last night. I didn't get up this morning for my 6:30 AM swim. The result? A morning that feels all out of whack! It's amazing to me how important routines are to our sense of well being. Or maybe I should just speak for myself. Maybe others are OK with their schedules getting out of whack. I'm not.

grammpaulaYeah, I know muscle weighs more. I can feel my muscles this morning from my yoga class yesterday!! We did back bends and hand stands. I am holding up 157 lbs. everytime I do a handstand. Now that's some kind of weight training!

Sorry to hear about your Dad. The one thing that is great about nursing homes is if there is anyway of restoring his health that is the place where it will happen. My DH parents are healthier then ever because they are fed the perfect meal for them, they are getting their medication given to them at the right times and they are being forced to exercise. Hmmm, maybe that's what we need to keep us on track and healthy!

With the undone dishes came some undone eating last night too. I wonder what got into me? I just didn't seem to care. I went from buttered, salted popcorn to a bowl of cereal to 2 chocolate chip chewy bars.

Ah well, guess it's time to get back up on the horse and start a new day. I can do this. I'm worth it! Hoorah! Hoorah!
W 8
E - OP
E - Rest day. My muscles are soooo sore from my yoga class yesterday!
D - Momma told me there'd be days like these.

Last edited by Clykk; 07-24-2007 at 10:26 PM.
Clykk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 08:55 AM   #11  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

i had that problem last night as well. i asked that the dishwasher be run yesterday but it wasn't. i need to get a shower and to get goin this morning, then after work I've gotta pick up some produce. i considered getting some stuff this morning, i'm just not feelin all that great. i think DH gave me what he's got. right now it feels like i've been coughin all night, but i haven't. i'll workout at work today, and i'll try to get my first c25k workout in after work tonight.....
Old 07-24-2007, 10:01 AM   #12  
No pain, no gain.

Height: 6'3"

Wow. Workout #1 of week 6 of the c25k plan totally kicked my butt. I feel great now though.

I've just come to realize that I am about a week away from making it through the entire month of July with my exercise routine. I've never had that kind of dedication before, and I'm super happy about it. But like clyyk was saying about the importance of routines, now that it's a part of my routine it's something that just comes naturally. It's just like any other thing I have to do during the day, like taking a shower or going to class. It's just something I'm so used to doing now.

I'm kinda nervous about the change in my routine when I go back to college in a month and how it will effect me. I might have to try extra hard the first few weeks getting myself back into some sort of rhythem, but I can do it. I'm prepared for it being a challenge, but I am also prepared to overcome it.

W -10 full ounces
E - Workout #1 of week 6 of the c25k program, then heading to the gym for my resistance and ab workout after class
E - Slim Fast Optima diet
D - Being fit and in shape feels great!
glitterlicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 12:26 PM   #13  
aud
lc lifestyle

Mornin' WEED'ers! Had a big surprise after my crappy day off - (Tx for putting it into Everybody Has 'Em perspective glitterlicious!) - w/i to see how my tacopiecheeezygarlicbread comfort binge affected my 5lb loss and lo and behold - lost 2 MORE POUNDS!! - TAKE that Mr. and Mr. !!!!

Must've been all that swimming and walking b4 my day turned to crap? . . . also think I'm in heavy duty fat burning mode from working out with weights and Atkins Induction-ketosis--I'm a lean muscle mass machine evidentally!

okokok . . . emoticon overload . . .

grammapaula- Bad news but not the worst on congestive heart failure - remember Mother Teresa dies from it . . . in her 80's or 90's! Hang in there girl!

Enjoying coffee & clykk-visual - - I love yoga so much - if I ever get off this OT schedule, I'd love to practice again. I had a hard time with the poses at 225lbs - so may make it a goal for when I reach ONEderland. I was really getting into Pilates b4 my last mindless streak - may be time to dust off those vids.

Time for my hit . . .

W: same

E: Strictly OP!

E: Shoulders/Leg Circuit - Another PLANNED walk

D: Prayers for our troops and families!
Old 07-24-2007, 03:34 PM   #14  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Audie, your emoticons MAKE ME FEEL LIKE DANCIN! ***gonna dance the night away*****

Just got back from the gym, my shirt is SOAKED with sweat! Either I'm completely out of shape or I'm really pumpin it! Of course, I like to think the latter but still. OMG can I just confess this? There's this male trainer at the (all-ladies) gym and HE IS SO HOT! HOT HOT HOT Now I'm not that kind of girl, I'm completely happily married but having a little eye candy while I work out really helps the cardio go a little faster. And OH DADDY, does he really have to work on his abs in front of us?!?!?!? I find myself sweating just a little extra.... Oh all right maybe some of it is in my head but it does make the workout a little nicer. Maybe outside of the gym I wouldn't think much of him, he's very lean but muscular and that scruffy/sexy bad boy look. There, I said it.

OMG you gals are killing me! I am LOVING the MySpace pages! I think I'm up to 25 friends. LOL including my husband and my brother. So I guess if you wanted to really delve in, you can see pics of my kidders on My DH's page (I don't know if he's private or not?) He's my first friend I think.

A gal at work last night was really trying to talk me into running in a RACE! Like a 5k or half marathon or something like that. And I just got so excited thinking about it. Of course at nearly 240 lbs I just can't picture myself RUNNING, but it has been a bit of a dream for me! She was telling me all about how all these people along the race cheer you on, clap high fives with you, the after-parties, the sense of accomplishment when you finish, etc. I am SO wanting to do this. So I think I'll try to find a SMALL one for maybe the spring and start training. I printed out the C25K of course. Then I forgot to take it with me to the gym, LOL....that's ok, I think I'd rather do that outdoors (ME? OUTDOORS?) than on the treadmill. We shall see. A few nice people have offered to help train me. Of course I can't imagine all that jiggling.

So what do we think of this? I worked last night so I slept all day. Woke up had my Fiber One cereal/ skim milk for breakfast, went to the gym. Now I have to shower, get the kids, feed the family, and go to this Tastefully Simple party at my girlfriend's house. For those of you unfamiliar, TS is one of those FOOD BASED in-home parties, girly get togethers. You get to sample several dips with beer bread/crackers/etc and there's always a dessert although everything is just a small sample. But still you end up eating quite a bit! But then I come home and can go to bed at the usual time. So my question is, is it okay to do this, I'll probably still come in under 1000 calories (remember, I'm only awake for about 10 hours today LOL) but of course it's calories of garbage. Oh well.

Personals later, tons to do, I've already babbled on and on. LOVE YOU ALL xoxooxoxoo Michelle
NurseMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 09:00 AM   #15  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

i can't tell if this is allergies or a cold...it feels like both. and it's supposed to get near triple digits this week.........

hope you have a great day, i've gotta get ready for work....