Old 04-09-2007, 11:21 AM   #91  

good morning ladies : )

Hope you all had a great weekend and Easter. Jenjen, bobsgal, and hiss kitty! congratulations on the weight loss girls

I'm down 2 this week! I weighed in yesterday morning (a day early). I'm happy, as this week I was shooting for a minimum of 2.

I had a nice weekend, it just went by sooooooo fast! Saturday I was busy with some cooking and baking and SUnday went to MIL for Easter. I had a nice time and it was great to see everyone. I did ok yesterday, I ate good but didn't stuff myself. I ate as planned but did have a bit more ham and bread than planned. I skipped dessert and never tried my choc. cake but everyone was complimenting me on it. I just felt comfortably satisfied after eating and not up for a slice but had I taken some home, I would of nailed it! lol Like I said, it's the leftovers that usually get me. We did have some ham leftover though and I had a bit more in the evening after getting home (and another slice of bread!) and then a healthy choice. Overall, much improved over the past. I didn't exercise all weekend though so I made it a first priority this morning. I was so lazy last night and it was cooooold. I just did some sofa surfing and went to bed early.

Fresh start today ladies, we are starting a new week now......let's kick butt! For me, it's plenty of water today and no meat. I am in a non meat mode today and don't feel like chicken for dinner so I am thinking to make a vegetarian dish for dinner. I have to run to the grocery store later for the ingredients. Absolutely no carbs for me today (in the form of bread, potato, etc.)

mygirlsmommy, how was your Easter weekend away? Hope you had a great time : ) I think that's super how you pre-planned and brought along the things you need. I didn't expect perfection of myself either but I was sheming as to what I would do and/or not do. The scheming really helped me out as I was more consience of being careful not to repeat past holiday experiences, i.e, an all n ight food fest! lol : ) well, I hope it went well and either way we all begin a new day today.

jenjen, the 3 lb. loss is a super start! keep up the great work.

Cats tongue, hey you I enjoy it, I really do. I'm happy to hear that your feeling better : ) hang in there, you'll be able to get out on your bike rides soon. So you had one of those munchie feeling type days ha? lol I did last night!!! After I ate for dinner (as stated above), I felt like eating something again but I didn't know what. I wasn't even hungry! I had alreaady told myself I would give myself some free reign yesterday as it was Easter but talked to myself many times about really watching out that evening. Quite frankly, good thing my house was clear of any temptations and thank god for water! I got some water and within 20 minutes, I not only realized how so not hungry I was but my stomach was upset too. Good thing I waited out that urge and got past it, I wouldn't have done my tummy any favors. How did the gum work out for you? Is it a mint gum? I notice if I have a strong mint gum or mint of any sort I don't feel like having a taste of something. The mint is so overpowering on the taste buds.

steph, you are moving right along! go girl : )

hi sockmonkey : ) Sounds like you had a nice weekend and enjoyed yourself. You saved yourself a whole lot of caloreis by not eating those fries along with your dinner friday night and I like how you only ate half your meal, even though you ate it later on at least you spread it out and didn't have too much in one sitting. I love going out too and I still do but I've had to restrict the frequency etc. etc. I make as healthy food choices as I can on those nights out, though I am not the type to go for dinner and just have a salad. I admire those who can do that, I can't. (for lunch, yes) Let me rephrase that, I don't like that '"can't" word, I am just not the type or I want something more. I don't think the 1 lb. gain is too bad, could very well be a fluid retention after all the beef, etc. . If I were to weigh in today after all that high sodium ham yesterday, I am sure the scale would not be in my favor. That 1 lb. will come right off with getting right back to plan so yesssssssss girl, full steam ahead starting today

hi there pigginpodgey : ) I am the same way in regards to the weekend thing. I have tried it so many times in the past (being good all week, then indulging on weekends) and I just would not lose when I did that. FOr me to lose, I have to be pretty good on the weekends. I still might have something a bit extra or a meal that I typically wouldn't eat during the week but it just can't be frequent......I pretty much otherwise have to stick to plan in relation to portions, food content, etc. in order to lose. I am striving for that balance now, I have a pretty good idea how much I can get away with and it isn't much! lol jeesh! Ah well, it's a good time to be strict right now. Summer is coming and that's when I get out a lot more and go out a lot more so I better darn be as good as I can right now. ANhow, you have been doing well sweety. Don't let the demons of dicouragement get in your way....we have to fight them when they pop up and they can be a real pain in the butt sometimes ha! Let's give them a good swift kick out of our minds and keep on truckin : ) HOliday weekends are always harder too, it's okay.........I'm all for the gung ho! right on! : )

Hiss kitty, that's awesome! : ) How long does phase one last? There is a real carb restriction in the first phase yes? Although I have heard many different opinions (and of course we all have them), I personally feel that the initial carb restriction, or elimination even, helps retrain the body and/or reduce carb cravings in time. If i remember correctly, they slowly reintroduce carbs in the next phase. ANyway, I have heard some great success stories in regards to the diet and am eager to hear of your progress along the way : ) keep up the great work.

I agree with you that it's always helpful and never a bad idea to talk with our significant others and/or those close to us in regards to what helps and hinders us and also proving them with ways in how to help.....I know what you mean about "retraining" and I think just laying things right out on the table and teaching those close others what helps us and how...can really make a world of difference. I am glad dh is on a health mission with me, it's so much easier doing it together. In the past, when he had a craving, he would say, "oh let's get this to eat or that to eat" I would do the same thing and with us combining our cravings and tempting each other, oh, forget it! lol When I started my plan, I sat down and talked with him about exactly how he can help me and I was very specific about it. I told him, if he has a craving, best not tell me or tempt me. He can go ahead and satisfy it but not involve me. I also told him to leave me to my own devices, no policing of what I eat. I know what I am doing and need to do and it's very important that I am in and feel control. What helps each of us will vary from person to person but it sure helps to just spell it out! I could not agree with you more! He has been great!!!
I have also done the same thing with my mom in the past. She is very loving and supportive as well but in the past she would bring over food when she came over to visit. I would say in a kind manner, ma....that's very nice of you but you know I am watching out. "Oh well it's for dh she would say" hahaha IT felt good when I could respond that dh is watching out too. THere would often be a huge plate and of stuff I loved too! dh would eat some and I of course most of it!!!!!!! I wouldn't send the food back as I felt it would be rude and as close as we are, I still wanted to respect her feelings. I know her very well and she was not subconsciencly trying to sabotage, she just is very nice like that and that's her way. THough I realized that when it continued , perhaps my stance was not strong enough. So finally, the next time she was coming over........before she came over, I said to her on the phone point blank: "ma, don't bring any food over"! lol, just like that. I also told her how the last time IIIIII was the one who ended up eating all the mash potatoes or whatever it was instead of dh and she felt bad. She genuinely felt bad and to this day my mom stopped doing that.....knowing h ow I feel or how it didn't help my plight. SHe is also on a plan now and understands exactly, my dad's bringing breaads home all the time and it makes it hard for her. She is very proud of me and has been absolutely so supportive and we have bonded even more. In a nutshell, I am for keeping the lines of communication open this way.

Oh goddddddd, speaking about a "soap box" lol I'm sorry you guys, I am rambling on and on this morning! I hope you all have a great day, let's keep it going
FullSteamAhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 12:15 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 248/223/130

congratulations to everyone who lost!Well, for me this is 3 weeks without a loss.its very discourageing but i haven't been eating properly either.2 or 3 days a week on diet is not good enough ,i have to get tough and stick with my diet and exercise for the whole week with no excuses.the week end is over and i have got to get serious!april is almost half gone and i still have no loss,enough is enough!!I am going to make sure i check in here everyday this week and be accountable.i'm going to go now and get on the elliptical.have a great day everyone.
4amy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 01:09 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 287/252/165

Height: 5 ft 4"

We are in the same boat 4amy - come on lets try really hard this week and see what happens!! Im off to the gym tonight, going to shake this butt of mine some!!
pigginpodgey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 01:10 PM   #94  
Soon to be SlimKitty

S/C/G: 195.5/189/150

Height: 5'8''

Thumbs up Movin On In April

Hi 4Amy - Congratulations on the 25 lb weight loss! Forget about the past three weeks and remember what your mind set was for those 25 pounds. That is a huge success! This is Spring - the time of renewal.

Full Steam Ahead - Thanks for the reply and the support. Glad to see that you can get on a soap box just like me. I tell a friend of mine that if stepping up on that soap box burned calories I would be the skinniest person on the planet LOL

I will say that for a carb lover the phase one of the south beach diet is pretty limiting but only in carbs. I can't really say that I've been hungry at all. There are plenty of healthy foods that I can eat that are satisfying. I will tell you that I have developed a new respect for beans of all kinds. They are such a good source of fiber and energy. What I like most about this diet is that it is teaching me good habits. Basically re educating me on how to eat right. When you think about it it's no wonder that so many of us find we have difficulty eating right. We learn our "knee jerk" reactions from our childhoods and how we are raised (and please don't think I'm bashing parents because I love mine dearly and I know that they were raised without an education in diet and exercise). But if you think about it we would not drive a car without being shown how and we could not even read if we were not taught.

Soooo, first of all I think we need to quit being hard on ourselves and thinking that we are weak in any way. We simply developed our habits before we became educated. The hardest part is losing the bad habits while learning the new ones. For me what works best is getting rid of the gray area. If there is any doubt in my mind as to whether I can have a cookie or not I KNOW which I will choose LOL So, for the time being mentally I am in diet boot camp. I only eat what is allowed. I also find that surrounding myself with like minded people is very helpful which is why I really like this website and all of the support. It helps to hear other people's struggles, opinions and solutions. It also helps that my bf and my mom are being super supportive.

I wish us all luck

ps. one question I have is how do you keep your weight tracker available? Do I need to go back and recreate it each time I want to paste it in?
Hisskitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 01:32 PM   #95  
I have less blubber!

S/C/G: 207/203/160

Height: 5'3"

banruf..Gosh it is so hard to lose when they don't try to atleast consider you are on a diet isn't it! My problem is that my guy loves my curvy self..And I just keep trying to tell him I will still be curvy, just not AS curvy. He doesn't buy it though. He could care less whether I weigh 220 or 120 so it is hard for him to understand my desire to get the weight off. And he knows I can't resist steak LOL.

fullsteamahead...thank you so much for your incredible support you give everyone on here. It's hard to get down about that bad weekend with a cheerleader like you at my back. I am like you..If I am going out for dinner I just..CAN'T get a salad and be content. I just have to try and make better choices. Not even order the fries(regardless of whether or not I eat them)..get veggies instead. It's just hard for me once I get in that environment to resist all the tasty smells. But the thing is I love veggies..I am just stubborn. I was able to resist the temptation of any of my BF's 1200 CALORIE DESSERT! Yeah you heard it correctly. Chocolate Thunder from Down Under at Outback has 1200 FREAKIN Calories.

OK So have a wonderful Monday guys! Time to get back on the bandwagon for those of us who fell off..some fell harder than others LOL.
sockmonkey70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 04:21 PM   #96  
Jellybeanz

S/C/G: 253/241/140

Height: 5ft4in

hi all, had a good weekend, avoided as much chocolate as possible. I was planning to go to the gym tonight, however looks like life happened yet again and i may not be able to go. I ate really well all day though. Josh seems to be getting a little better, thank God for that. He's a little more happy to sit in his swing for a bit. I actually managed to vacuum and mop the floor today..AND i got the dishes done with two loads of laundry..whew, im on a roll!! haha. I've decided im not going to weigh myself until the end of april and go from there. I am going to do my best, and the scale will show it when the time comes. Good luck with everything ladies, sorry i dont have the time to read your posts, i dont get much time, and there goes the baby crying because my daughter just started yelling..gtg AGAIN..pray for patience...because im gonna snap soon!! haha. nite all
jellybeanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 07:00 PM   #97  

HI again, I came up to check in and escape the kitchen fumes! Guess who is downsairs cooking bacon? hahahaha, jeeeeeesh! We worked out our plans for tonight and he is having that along with a salad..........I can't! no way!!!! Pork is not even on my plan, I had it yesterday and like I said, today no high sodium stuff or bread so I'm out! I went down to the local store and got the zucchini I needed to make that veggie dish I was talking about the other day. It's in the oven as we speak. All except for the potatoes! It takes about a half hour to cook, glad it will be done soon because I am adamant about not eating after 7:30. I told dh, please don't cook more bacon than you are going to eat, measure out what you are going to have and plus a slice for the pup! I already went down and fed a slice to my little darling! : ) when I first started my plan a few months ago, he would spray the kitchen with aerosol spray so I would not be tempted! lolllllllll : ) now that is love! anyways, during such times, it always helps to just come up and post.

amy, I have never been on an elliptical machine in my life! I was watching a show about it the other day, they burn cals like crazy. I do hope you share with us how you like it, etc....sounds great! shake shake girls

kitty, lol me too! If i could burn calories while on the so called " soap box", I think the wind would blow me away! hahaha ty as well! : )
By the way, how did you come up with your nick? do you hiss a lot? lol Hope you know I am teasing, yet curious. I like what you said about the "grey" area and "bootcamp" right on!

sockmonkey, thanks for your kind words I feel very fortunate and lucky that we are all here to share with each other. Oh god, I can't beleive you mentioned that dessert! I remember it! I have not been to outback in years (it's a bit far from us since we moved) and I remember we got that same dessert when we were there! You passed it up? GIrl, be very very proud of yourself! lol That darn thing is temptation on red horned wheels! You gave it a flat tire babe, good for you!

jellybeanzzzzzzz, hey hey Sounds like a great plan! good for you accomplishing all that you did today! keep on rolling my freind : )

How's the "little bush puller outer doing"? lol how was your easter girl? Did the weather get any better over there? IT's still lousy here and as all i can do is keep reminding myself that summer is coming soon.

I better go check my dinner, should be ready anytime. Have a super evening : )
Old 04-09-2007, 08:00 PM   #98  
banruf

S/C/G: 220/220/135

Height: 5'5"

I have to confess, I got home today and lit into foods I should not have. My Mom, made me a crazy today which triggered me. I don't blame her I should have better control. I did great earlier today so hopefully no damage was done, I just have to make sure tomorrow I don't repeat that. I feel better that I confessed. I just got done with round 2 of exercising, which I try to do on my bad days.
banruf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 08:10 PM   #99  
Soon to be SlimKitty

S/C/G: 195.5/189/150

Height: 5'8''

Default My Screen Name

Hi Full Steam,

A little story behind the screen name I am a huge animal lover and when I worked for an ad agency a couple of years ago it was in an old converted house in an older area of Tampa. Next door to us lived an older/semi retired local rocker called Johnny Lyons and he found a feral cat that lived in the front of the house and named her "Miss Kitty" Well, after a few months I saw a VERY feral cat living in the back of the house that would hiss at me everytime I went out to try and feed her. So, I named her "Hiss Kitty" eventually she became familiar with me and would let me pet her but some times she would hiss and meow at the same time (that always made me laugh). If I hadn't had a cat at home already that hated other cats I would have taken her home. As it turns out the owners of the building took her out to the country when the house was tented for termites and I never saw her again . I guess I still use the screen name because I miss her and this is my way of remembering her.

I'm not familiar with this program but I will try to attach a picture I took of her after she became more tame.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Hiss.jpg (55.6 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg hiss2.jpg (61.1 KB, 11 views)
Hisskitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 08:52 PM   #100  
Going to make it happen

S/C/G: 250/ 249.5/150

Height: 5'5

Hi everyone. Full steam ahead. Thanks for the reply, but no I haven't figured out the tracker yet. I lost two pounds so far and now I weigh 248. I have increased my excercise to 60 minutes daily from 20 to meet my April goal. I split the time up, I still need 20minutes today, so I will be walking home from work today. Everyone sounds like they are really motivated and have a great support system. Hopefully my post will look like some of the ones I have seen. They are nice. Keep up the good work ladies.
beautiful4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 09:01 PM   #101  

Hi ladies, banruf, keep on truckin! we all hit rough spots, just have to get through them, that's what we are here for. Glad you posted : ) As for me, when I feel that stress building, I walk!! walk, walk, and walk!!!

hiss kitty, unreal! I saw the pic! : ) I tried to upload a pic several days ago , but to no avail. Needless to say, that kitty looks like a tigress! : ) I love animals too, maybe too much....according to those around me! lol. I used to be a jet setter, but now, I wont leave my baby for the life of me! nope : ) cats are one thing, but a pom? heck no, im just dont like the idea of leaving my little darling. As for the cats, had them all my life. Love them! Dh always love animals too but i th ink he has become a cat person now too, god help us, lol. A few years back, I had this trip booked to turks and caicos islands, a suite........on the beach! dh calls and says, "honey, I met a cat" hahahaha I fell in love with it and want to bring it home" aman, I say to him, is it nice? yes , yes he says, it is an angel. I cancel our trip for the cat! yup!!!! Later he calls, "honey, the cat is pregnanat" lolllllll

what? My husband was in a hotel working on business and this feral cat would curl up with him every night. Okay, it was too late, I had already said yes and cancelled our trip. He went out and bought this samsonite bag for this cat, brought it to the vets, and all this other stuff. Then they come home, the cat looks like a darling. It sleeps in bed with us and all of a sudden , chomppppppppppp! In the middle of the night, whilst I am sleeping the cat chomps down on my arm! yikes! I have had animals all my life! dh says, "oh it just gets carries away once in a while" what????????? I gave up my carribbean vacation for a feral hand chomping cat? lol I called my vet and we talked, look I know cats. If they are feral, very hard to change after. I already had a few cats prioor to this. Needless to say, we kept the cat in a room, her own room. She would attack my other kitties. My husband and I fought for months over this cat! my mother was so upset at one point, god he is picking the cat over her! hahahaha : ) and my dad saying, oh he loves that cat! lol i laugh now but it was not funny at the time. TO make a long story short, we found a home for the cat, my in laws! It was perfecttttttttttttt! They are so happy with her. As for her babies, we kept two (brother and sister) and found a beautiful home for the other two. I now have 4 cats and a pomeranian I love them to no end and even though I slave over the house and white carpeting I would not sacrifice my babies for anyting........they are my little darlings!

I think its super how you honor and kept her name! ty for sharing that!
Old 04-10-2007, 09:43 AM   #102  

Hi all! Congratulations to everyone who had a loss! Way to go! I got back yesterday from our trip. FSA, thank you so much for asking how it went! Everyone is so right, your support is sooooo great, and so appreciated! I did do well on Saturday, but not great on Sunday or yesterday. I'm ready to move past it, though. I keep telling myself that two bad days don't have to become more than that. Right? I did have a couple of good things happen, though. For one thing, my mother-in-law said that I look smaller each time she sees me. That was SO nice. It's the first real compliment I've had in I-can't-even-remember-how long. I dressed up for Easter mass on Sunday and actually felt like I looked good. DH said I'm getting my butt back (teeheehee)! So, things are looking up. This forum rocks. It is so awesome to know that I can log on here and talk to a bunch of other people who are going through the exact same thing I am. We can do it! Let's all have a fantastic, healthy week, and weekend!
MygirlsMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 12:02 PM   #103  

Height: 6.0"

Well, I weight myself Friday wich is my official day to way in...I lost 5 pounds wich I am super hapy about but I probably put it all back on over the weekend...I do great thru out the week ...but the weekends are always a big struggle for me...I feel like I ate a whole week worth of junk in two days...I really do not have anything bad in my cabinets but if it boils down to it, I will make it my biz to drive to the corner store in my swaets...My cosin and her choldren had stayed with me for a few days and they had left there posickels at my house ..I caught myself niblin on one at them last night ...When I realized what I was doing I threw them all out. Does anyone have an Idear on how I could concer my weekend problem????I sleep in on the weekend and than I just can not get on track for some reason. Thanks for listening I am hading out to the gym now to relief some of this stree...
sunnshine25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 12:06 PM   #104  

Height: 6.0"

I Think I Just Broke The World Record In Spelling Errors ..if My English Teacher Could See This She Will Probably Smack Me Upside The Head..................lol....
sunnshine25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 01:10 PM   #105  
Going to make it happen

S/C/G: 250/ 249.5/150

Height: 5'5

Hi Sunnshine 25. Good for you about the 5lb loss. Treat the weekend like anyother day of the week and treat yourself to one hour (or however much minutes you excercise) yes I did say TREAT. What I am doing is changing my attitude about this project of excercising and losing weight. I have struggled all of my life with my weight and have come to learn to surrender and get God involved and just change my attitude therefore changing my life. When I was younger I used to love to be active and being active is a reward in itself. So I am not stressing the eating part so much, although I am trying to make better and healthier food choices. One thing at a time which for me is the excerise and incorporate the eating for weight loss a little at a time. You can do it and you will keep the 5lb weight loss off this weekend just do some moving around. Good luck and go for it.....
beautiful4me is offline   Reply With Quote