Old 04-16-2007, 08:53 PM   #151  
Lytricia

S/C/G: 164/working on it/130

Height: 5'4"

Hi 4Amy

I like the idea that you are refusing to let a month of no loss get you down, but lets be honest…it is a disappointment and my heart goes out to you.

Have you analyzed all of the data? Are you keeping a food journal? Do you think you need to up your exercise or down your portion sizes or both? Do you think you may be eating too much salad and are you bloating yourself and holding water? Maybe you need to be eating more veggie’s that are not leaf based. Are you eating wheat based carbs that you may be sensitive to? Who knows why it’s not happening for you…all I know is…when we are trying sooooo hard and nothing is happening…maybe we need to be trying something else !

I am always trying to figure out the math of losing weight and I have discovered that if we spent 2-3 hours at the beginning of our week actually writing down our plan of attack, including a contingency plan for when some unexpected circumstance crops up, we would be better equipped to be successful.

Not just … “I’m going to go to the gym 3 times this week” but rather “I’m going to the gym on Tuesday at 4:30 and I am going to do 15 minutes of weight training and then hit the spinning class, on Thursday at 6:15 I will do …” etc. Followed by specific eating plans so that we know what groceries to have in the house etc.

The only time I have ever been completely successful in losing weight is when I have figured out a plan and completely made it (&me) my priority. It is amazing but…life will actually go on and fall into place around the plan instead of having this extremely important thing try and fall in around our life!!!

Wow! Look at me…genius! Now I must move on and solve the problem of global warming!!!
Lytricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 07:52 AM   #152  
Soon to be SlimKitty

S/C/G: 195.5/189/150

Height: 5'8''

Default Morning Update

Good morning everyone,

Just a quick post to say that I am only down 2 pounds from last week. After last week's challenges and week two of Phase One I was really hoping for more. Buuuuuuuut I will stick with it and see what next Monday brings.

Have a great one all.

Hisskitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 09:53 AM   #153  

S/C/G: 287/252/165

Height: 5 ft 4"

4amy - i feel for you, its so so dissapointing when those dratted scales dont move, same for me this week, though i didnt deserve it - anyway i digress!
Have you taken your measurements?! You may be losing inches, I take my measurements monthly, often i have lost inches but no pounds, especially when im exercising.
Hisskitty - WTG on the 2lbs, dont be too hard on yourself, go down the store and try and pick up 2lbs of sugar, thats heavy!! Well done on your loss.

So, Im embarking on a 4 day boot camp. Im fed up with the scale not moving, and I seem to be exercising my butt off and NOTHING is happening. So for the next four days I am going to complete 2 hours of exercise a day and write down EVERYTHING that passes my lips. Something isnt right, and I am going to track it down, i will solve the mystery!!
pigginpodgey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 11:55 AM   #154  

goodmorning ladies,

I weighed-in yesterday and am down 2lb., so I am very happy with that. When I woke up yesterday morning I felt light (unlike the day before when had a heavy feeling in my tummy and was afraid to get on the scale). I bet that cabbage soup I had Sunday night really helped out. My FIL sent some over, I hadn't eaten any cabbage in a long time and forgot how wonderful it is. It's a natural diuretic and really helps to release any extra fluids.

cacmsc, congrats on the upcoming June wedding. Those last 10 lbs. can often be the most stubborn! I think you picked a good plan with the SB as it's restrictive in carbs initially. I follow my own plan but restrict my carbs because I just don't lose weight if I eat too much of them. Good luck with it and keep us posted. : ) It's good that you stopped at the 2 cookies and I doubt that in the whole picture of a good week that it wont hurt you.

banruf, I totally understand your decision of not weighing in. I have done the same thing in the past (especially if it's right before TOM) and just get back on plan and keep going.

Nosnah, I so agree that feeling guilty or down (like i was tail end of last week) only makes it harder. It takes a lot of energy whereas that energy is most useful on focus and the plan. If we can take that neg. energy and turn it around, placing it into our focus...it gives us a renewed focus and energy on our plans. When I woke up yesterday morning, I was determined! I gave that neg. energy a good swift kick in the butt and kissed it goodbye. lol It certainly wasn't helping me and it's no fun being in that ditch! Needless to say, I woke up feeling fine and renewed again, thank goodness!
THe only time I lose weight when I go on vaca. is to greece in august and that's only because it is sooooooo darn hot I lose my appetite. lol I have also gained and maintained on vaca. The times I have maintained are when I was very active....lot'ssssss of swimming and walking along the beach. Oh, that sounds so good right now!

jellybeanz, I am glad that your doing well and that the kids are feeling better. Congrats on your weight going down : ) keep up the good work.

Pigginpodgey, I was sorry to hear you were up this week, I know how hard you worked. You did so good with your exercise, bravo for that! If you were good pretty much all week and side-tracked on the weekend, that gain could very well be a result of fluid retention. A few good days under your belt and I bet that comes right off. If you feel like your retaining some fluids , you might want to try the cabbage trick. Finely shred some green cabbage and squeeze some fresh lemon over it and add a little pepper. If you munch on that for a day as part of your snacks, voila! I havn't done it in a long time but it really works, especially just prior to TOM.

As for the exercise, I didn't take my measurements but boy is it paying off! In time, you can go down a whole size with exercise alone. I like your spunk girl! You took that frustration, etc. got pissed off and turned that energy gung ho into your focus and plan! way to go

Amy, good for you going for the walks! With the fish, I bet you get that scale moving!! I lose weight the most and fastest with fish, next chicken. I wish I had some now, hopefully next week. ANyhow, sounds like a great plan : ) Lytricia offered some excellent advice with keeping a food journal etc. and monitoring how certain food effects you. For me, I have to stay away from whites! (bread, pasta incl. rice, potatoes). I don't lose weight when I indulge too much in these things. I do occassionally have rice or potatoe but really restrict the frequency. I only get whole grain bread now, but I limit that too. I am very sensitive to high sodium foods and or sauces. I wont go near soy sauce and as much as I love ketchup, I only occassionally have it. Becareful of ham, it is absolutely loaded with sodium. Okay, enough a bout me, I just wanted to offer a few suggestions or rather things don't work well with me, though our bodies are all different. I don't think you can go wrong with the fish, good luck and keep us posted : )

Hi Lytricia : ) great advice! I currently know which workouts I am going to do every day but I don't set a time and I think that would be very helpful. By keeping a journal for a very long time in the past (and still being conscience now), I have learned what works for me and what doesn't and that can really vary for all of us so I think keeping a journal is a super idea.
How was your weekend? Did you find something special for yourself? Did your daughter find a prom dress? HOpe you had a fabulous time.

HI hisskitty : ) congrats on being another 2lbs. down! I think your doing fantastic YOu had a big loss last week and this week not only managed to stabilize that loss, but go on to lose more! Keep up the awesome work.

WIshing you all a super day! FOr me, it's treadmill time as soon as I get my butt in gear! lol Yesterday, when the rain stopped for a bit, I got out for a walk and it felt so nice to walk outdoors again! Even though it was a bit cold, I warmed up after a bit and felt good. LEt's make our day a good one!
FullSteamAhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 11:59 AM   #155  
Buttermom

S/C/G: 220/205/165

Height: 5.4

Hello everyone so Im totally proud of myself im down to 200 lbs as of yesterday and the funny thing is that i weighed myself saturday morning at my dads house and it said 198 ha ha but his scale is wrong its old but im thinking i like his more then mine ha haha that dosent count though so ya 200 5 more pounds to go for my end of april 195 goal im super duper excited and finally able to pass this little no loss bridge and i dont want to cross that bridge again im over it for good

congrats on all the progress everyone motivates me so much around the house and on this site this is deffinetly my happiest weight loss ive ever gone through i have always given up but not this time no way

ok so i took a pic this morning um dont remember if i have ever posted any pics so ill post one of my before when i was 220 and one today at 200 hope i can post them correctly

well take care all and happy dieting!!!

marie

ok so the first pic is today

and the collage of pics is me in january with the mouse then in the pink in feb then in the grey shirt in march on my bday then in the white at the end of march so 3 months of subtle changes but hey any change is a good one right???
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_2773.jpg (20.6 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg collage2.jpg (38.9 KB, 12 views)

Last edited by buttermom; 04-17-2007 at 12:05 PM.
buttermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 11:59 AM   #156  

cacmsc, sorry , sentence error! lol correction: " I doubt that, in the whole picture of a good week, that it will hurt your plan" : )
Old 04-17-2007, 12:15 PM   #157  

butterrrrrrmom, congratulationssss I am so happy for you! Your nearing onderland! : ) keep up the awesome work. Unfortunately, I can't click on the pics of the links though. Ty for sharing your great news with us Marie, keep on truckin
Old 04-17-2007, 12:18 PM   #158  

Hiiiiiiiiiiiii again, I see them now! : ) awesomeeeeeeeee! You look super!!! and yessssssss, the changes show! Your looking great girl, ty once again for sharing with us
Old 04-17-2007, 03:56 PM   #159  

Wow Butter you look fab in pics!!!

Hi Guys, everyone sounds great in one way or another and getting the job done, albeit slowly, but still getting there.

I have been a member of Fitday for a long time and for some reason just stopped logging on a year ago until this morning.........wow is it ever helpful in gaining perspective in what I'm eating.

If some one had told me when I was a young girl that I would grow up to have very severe issues with eating and body image problems and these issues would occupy most of the thinking, I would have never believed it. Most of my adult life has been immersed in the endless cycle of thinking about food. If I want this to change then I must really, really, really understand why I binge, overeat and self-sabotage.......because that will stop the behavior dead in it's tracks. It's sort of like a husband who has been caught fooling around. And until he understands the agony he has caused his loving wife, perhaps kids and friends, he will do it again. I need to really get it.....the pain, and lost years this "addiction" has cost me, and to those close enough to me to 'see' me. Sometimes though, I just might need to say NO but mean it as a positive so that I can say YES to LIFE!!!!!!!

Thanks I needed to ramble.

Ray of Light xo
Ray of Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 04:34 PM   #160  
Strong and Fit

S/C/G: 198/193/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4amy View Post
...The scale just will not move!!Its been a month with no change.... i will have have to try and make a few changes to try and get that scale to move.i'll be drinking more water this week and more salads.I think most of my protein will be fish.I have to try something.I feel like i've wasted a full month.take care,Amy
4amy- BE STRONG! I have the same problem! That darn scale! You haven’t wasted a month. Have you noticed clothes fitting looser? What happens is the fat is going away while the muscles are growing. That shift is equal in weight and therefore the scale is stagnant. Don’t be discouraged! Change your perspective and count how many minutes you exercise. Burning calories will make the fat go away faster. Put the scale away (like I did); I am going to stand on mine once a month. And dont forget to eat right to keep your energy up. My trainer suggests 17% fat, 33% protein, and 50% carbs. I track my food on fitDay.com. Find out what you’re eating and make appropriate changes. YOU CAN DO IT!!

I learned LOTS of cold water is ENOURMOUSLY helpful. My skin is soft, my face doesnt break out. It curbs that munchy feeling I get. Boosts the metabolism and helps flush out the "toxic fat" I HIGHLY suggest 64 oz per day.

Yes, I wish the numbers went down quickly. You know how fast those people on the Biggest Looser loose. It really makes me mad because it made a false sence of how easy it will be.
VegasBabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 04:51 PM   #161  
Strong and Fit

S/C/G: 198/193/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lytricia View Post
I have discovered that if we spent 2-3 hours at the beginning of our week actually writing down our plan of attack, including a contingency plan for when some unexpected circumstance crops up, we would be better equipped to be successful.

Not just … “I’m going to go to the gym 3 times this week” but rather “I’m going to the gym on Tuesday at 4:30 and I am going to do 15 minutes of weight training and then hit the spinning class, on Thursday at 6:15 I will do …” etc. Followed by specific eating plans so that we know what groceries to have in the house etc.

The only time I have ever been completely successful in losing weight is when I have figured out a plan and completely made it (&me) my priority. It is amazing but…life will actually go on and fall into place around the plan instead of having this extremely important thing try and fall in around our life!!!
AMEN!
VegasBabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 05:52 PM   #162  

S/C/G: 248/223/130

Thanks ladies for the encouraging words you are all great supporters.if i didn't have the support i would have given up long ago.I'm still here and this is where i'm staying.
4amy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 06:15 PM   #163  
Buttermom

S/C/G: 220/205/165

Height: 5.4

fullsteam and ray of light thanks for the compliments!!! i used to hate taking pics but um i cant seem to stay away now i know i still have a ways to go but i like what i see so far and cant wait for the end result

thanks for all the encouragement

marie
buttermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 08:03 PM   #164  

S/C/G: 225/223/150

Height: 5'5''

Default The relatives are coming!

My parents are coming tomorrow for a couple of days. This will be my first real challenge, because we'll be going out for dinner, and I'll be swimming in food temptations. I've been doing a super job the last couple of days. I really want to be thin again. My thought for the day learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.
flowingair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 09:22 AM   #165  
Lytricia

S/C/G: 164/working on it/130

Hi everyone

FSA- I did have a great time in Buffalo shopping with my daughter...although we didn't get a prom dress! She wants something very specific and is holding out until she feels it is surely the last minute before she deviates from her plan. Anyway, it was nice to get away for a bit - even though the weather was lousy!

The week is going medium - not great, not awful! I think I have just maintained but am still somewhat focussed. It's hard to catch up on everything when I go away because nothing really gets done when just the boys are home. Today I am going to dig out the mess and see if there's a home underneath it all. I have a FULL day of housework to do...that otta burn some calories!!

Have a great day ladies. Talk to you later.
Lytricia is offline   Reply With Quote