Old 04-02-2007, 11:25 AM   #31  

Hi everyone! Well, we had out of town guests this weekend, and yesterday was my Mom's birthday, so we took her to brunch. I didn't do great, but I think I did better than I would have a few months ago. Saturday morning, instead of having the pancakes my husband made for everyone, I just had my smoothie. I was proud of myself! I'm really trying to focus on those little victories. Time to go outside now and start this week's exercise with an hour long walk. Happy Monday!
MygirlsMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 12:05 PM   #32  
I am unwritten

S/C/G: 167/143/125

Height: 5'2"

Default weekend

Hi everyone! Thought I'd check in and report my not so diet friendly weekend! I went way over on calories both days. I drank a lot of soda and ate too much sugar. The good thing though, it made me feel sick, so I don't want to do that anymore. I'll make sure to plan out my weekends better from now on. I think the problem was that I had a lot going on, and didn't think about what I was going to eat in advance.
Anyway, I am back on plan today, and looking forward to dropping pounds this week!
How was everyone else's weekend? Hope it was good!
FeelTheRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 02:09 PM   #33  
Madi

S/C/G: 195/171.4/150

Height: 5'6 1/2"

hi there ladies...i hope that everyone had a great weekend. I forgot to weigh in this morning. O well I guess I just do it tomorrow. My weekend wasn't that bad. I didn't get to play softball on Sunday because of the insane amount of rain and like 5 tornadoes that we had, but thats ok. I went shopping instead.

sexymom...welcome darlin...I love that name. A few ladies here have really helped me to stay on track and when I have a bad day or even week they are the ones that are there to pick me back up and help me try again. I work nights also and have a 10 month old during the day. I just found a gym with a great daycare and try to make it a priority to make it there a least everyother day. But what really has helped me are a couple of workout videos that I do while he is asleep.

banruf...I know what you mean. Every time that I decide that I am throwing out every thing not so health, Kye always flips out and and insist that some things not be thrown out. My personal trick is that I put them in the very top shelf that is never used and that I can't reach. Like those little cabinets above the sink or above the frig. That way I really have to go out of my way to have something from that cabinet, because an apple is so much less work.

MGM...every little decisions counts. After all without those small victories, I don't think that we could win the big battle!

Well I am going to try to get some in-home work out done before I have to go get ready for work. I think I am going to the store when I get off. We definitely need some more wholesome food in house and I might buy a grill tomorrow. I think that I would cook much more chicken and steak and really just anything if i had a grill. O yeah and FSA I'm coming over for dinner tonight! good luck ladies!
mlholston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 02:14 PM   #34  
Madi

S/C/G: 195/171.4/150

Height: 5'6 1/2"

rain...sorry I just saw your post, I'm sorry that you didn't do so well this week. But especially when that type of food really makes you sick, it is a big reminder that you don't want that to be a part of your life. Good luck with this week, you can do it.
mlholston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 02:37 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 287/252/165

Height: 5 ft 4"

Found you all !! I was in the March thread, managed to shake off 3 lbs this month.

My goal this month is to lose 6lbs and to carry on with my exercise routine. I weigh in on mondays. Welcome to all the new ladies also, look forward to getting to know you all !!
pigginpodgey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 02:54 PM   #36  

Height: 6.0"

Hi everyone!!!
Well, I would deffinatly like to challange myself for the month of april , 10 pounds is my Goal. Last month was an ok month but I could have done better. One thing I started last month , I started a food diary and I was brutaly honest with myself....ouch...but I am glad I did ...I now know what my problem areas are. So these are my Goals for the month!!!!

1-Get at least 6-7 hours of sleep (every night)!
2-60 minutes of Cardio 4to6 days a week ,at least 3 of does days take spinning classes
3-Try to replace at least twice a week my main
meal with salads(not a salad lover)
4-Keep record of my food intake every day in my journal!

I am really excited to see how this month goes I have learned so much the past few months and forums like these really make the weight loss journey (almost fun)...lol..
sunnshine25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 02:59 PM   #37  

good afternoon ladies

Sexymom, welcome In addition to Madi's great suggestions, if it's possible to sneak in some walking time...all exercise helps me but I enjoy walking the most, oh and swimming too when the weather is good. I am very thankful for my treadmill, but I just don't get the psychological lift from it as I do when walking outdoors.

It is a dismal rainy day here and it's so nice to come in and read your posts. This week, we are due for rainy cloudy skies so I may not be able to get outdoors for my walks but the weather should be nice after that.
Had a nice weekend. Sat. went shopping, oh and I bought a vhf player so now I can do my favorite old aerobics tapes again! I'm real happy about that. My other one was so old and the tape would get stuck and then n ot come out! My dh would have to take the vcr apart to get it out. I'm so glad I got it over the weekend, this way I will be able to do the tapes during this lousy weather this week. I bought this curling iron too with a wide barrel for big curls, havn't tried it out yet but I want to wear something springy on easter (thought it is going to be damp here that day) and maybe put in some curls.

I hung in sat. night and watched some stupid dvd rental I got, lol. The movie turned out to be such a dud! Yesterday was great! It was a nice sunny day and went for a walk/hike in the park for 1 hour. I loved it, it was my first time to the park this year and aside from the natural beauty of the park, the trails are very diverse and it was a great workout. Had fish and french cut green beens for dinner. I broil the fish and found a way to make it that I really love. I drank plenty of water throughout the day and evening and have been good about drinking my water this past week. I didn't get extra hungry this time during TOM , hm, and wondering if the water helped with that, I am sure it did.

Banruf, good for you! throwing out some of those temptations. My dh likes his treats too and is so good about trying to hide them from me so as to not tempt me! lol I often will find it though and sneak a cookie hahaha, good thing he is healthy with me and has cut back on that stuff. I know this sounds totally crazy but how about if he were to lock it up somewhere! lol, : ) I know that's extreme, but hey, whatever works!

mygirlsmommy, happy belated birthday to your mom bravo for resisting those pancakes : ). Hope you had a superrrrrrr walk, what a great way to start the day!

Feel the rain, I agree! put it behind you now and start a fresh new day : ) Those darn weekends can be extra difficult. planning in advance, as you mentioned, has really helped me a lot......it has really helped to keep me from straying too much on the weekends. Have a super day : )

Madi, anytime girl! you can come over for dinner anytime. As for rain, we are having yucky weather this week and I am going to have to be extra cautious of how I handle it. It affects my mood a lot madi, I get a bit blue and also feel lazy. I don't feel as energetic to do my workout and in the past when the weather was like this I would just love to sit and eat!!! Well, that isn't going to happen now, I am going to have to get around it....I'll just take it one day at a time as always.

I best be getting my tail moving, hope you all have a great day. Let's make it a good one ladies, Easter is coming up!
FullSteamAhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 05:51 PM   #38  
Buttermom

S/C/G: 220/205/165

Height: 5.4

Talking so the first weigh in

um still 205 like last week but hey at least i didnt gain. My dad bbq'ed this weekend too i ate pretty healthy chicken (no skin :-( ) i know and some carne asada no tortilla i did pretty good

i went for a walk today to go get my daughter from school 15 minutes to get to the school then decided to go to the library instead of walking home 15 minutes to the library then after getting books the walk home was like 10 minutes or so

the walk was great maybe going to make it a routine a couple times a week

the kids had a blast

ok so my first april weigh in is

04-02-2007- 205

hope to see more progress on my behalf next monday '

take care chicadees happy losing

marie
buttermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 11:12 PM   #39  

Hi ladies : )

sunshine welcome to the team I think it's fun too. I have learned so much here as well and I really enjoy reading the posts and threads. I feel that finding this place was like finding a goldmine!

buttermom, you did great during that cookout. At least you maintained and you have clear sailing for a loss this week, and let's not forget that we still have 4 whole weeks on our side : ).

Madi, the grill and cooking out is one of the things I look so forward too in spring, you will love it!!!! If you like green zucchini, thinly slice it lengthwise and cook it well on the grill (until tender). I t is so good this way!

My day went very well, I had my dinner as planned. About an hour ago I started feeling a litte hungry and grabbed a large 16 oz. cup of ice water, I have been sipping on my water ever since (actually just finished the second cup) and the hunger passed! I am a bit on the tired side tonight so I am going to head to bed early and make it a priority to do my workout after my coffee. My mom is coming over tomorrow and we are decorating easter eggs. I havn't done that in awhile and am looking forward to it : )

Hope you all had a great day and awake to a new and good successful day tomorrow.
FullSteamAhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 07:44 AM   #40  
No pain, no gain.

Height: 6'3"

hey everyone. just thought I'd update everyone on my progress.

I have been going strong for over a week now and it feels great. I stepped on the scale yesterday and found I lost around 5 lbs. This might sound a bit high but keep in mind that this is my first week so a lot of that is water weight lost.

At times I'm discouraged by how slow the weight loss process is but I know it 's the only way to do it...and so I'm going to stick with it.

I've developed a new theory to help me resist temptation foods. When I see a food that tempts me I ask myself 3 questions:
How long have a wanted to be lean, healthy, and slender?
For years and years
How long have I wanted this cheeseburger (substitute the food you're craving here)?5 minutes
Is it worth it?

The answer is usually no.

I also was good and our softball team stopped at Wendy's to eat and I chose a side salad and a grilled chicken sandwich. It was hard to resist the other, more tempting menu options, especially with everyone else on the team ordering yummy fries and burgers, but somehow I resisted. Yay!

Oh, and I put on my old jeans and wore them for the first time in a year. I still don't like wearing them, and they could fit better, but it was a major step. I usually will only wear sweatpants around.
glitterlicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 08:08 AM   #41  

Glitterlicious - love your mantra to yourself, I will try using that next time something tempts me!

FSA - I want to come decorate easter eggs too!! love stuff like that, you can never have too much glitter and glue!!

Buttermom - its all the small changes that make the difference, well done for resisting temptation, Im not sure if i could have done it!!

Went to the gym last night for an hour, Im feeling very positive about this week. Usually i work hard for a week, and then have a week "off", but I am determined to have a loss two weeks in a row. Im a little worried about the public holiday here though on friday, eek long weekends are never good! I need structure to keep to plan, I will just have to plan like a demon to keep on track!!
Old 04-03-2007, 08:32 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 250/240/146

Height: 5ft7

Hi guys, i hope its not too late to join in, my goal is too lose 20lbs this month. I weight in every monday...

so my starting weight for this month was 210...i really want to be about 190 for May...

apart from losing weight i wanna improve my exercise, so here goes nothing
katyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 09:21 AM   #43  

katyp welcome!

I hope you dont take this the wrong way, but 20lbs in a month quite a lot.

That averages out at 5lb a week, which is pretty hard going. Most diet gurus etc reccomend 2lb a week for safe and healthy loss.
Old 04-03-2007, 11:17 AM   #44  
Jellybeanz

S/C/G: 253/241/140

Height: 5ft4in

hi guys, REALLY quick post here, the baby is crying again...he's got a wicked sinus infection, and my daughter who is two seems to think it's her job to pick at him every chance she gets. with house work and the kids being sick..life is VERY hard right now. Im 240 ..havent been to the gym in over a week...the housework is piling up and im starting to get depressed. The husband, as nice as he is..just doesnt seem to mind sitting in a huge mess, guys are great at tuning it all out. Im going to the gym tonight, im trying my hardest to get back on track and i've decided the best thing for me is to take off the entire year with the kids, it's too hard right now. Joshua (he's 2 months) wont let me put him down for 5 seconds, he gets really bad gas on top of the sinus infection, and he screams alot, i guess that's what you would call a colic baby. Anyway, I havent abandonded you all, i just havent been able to do very much. But im back now...and my goal for april 30 weigh in is to lose 10# , bringing me down to 230.

Thanks so much FSA for your messages, they were really great to read today. Good luck in april ladies! Sorry i havent had time to read over how everyone did, but im proud of all you've accomplished. Keep it up
jellybeanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 11:49 AM   #45  
Christine's Mission

S/C/G: 178/152/135

Height: 5'6"

hey hey hey

So i am going on vacation on April 21... and that's my motivation right now for trying to be healthy and really motivating me to workout...
but i have a question for you all... how do u not give in while on vacation???
I don't want to let this ruin my diet, but i'm going to vegas for the first time ever and hello alcohol!!! lol
i'm sure i'm not the only one with this dilemma... i was thinking of packing my scale in my bag as a reminder
what have you all done to battle this?
nosnah1011 is offline   Reply With Quote