Old 04-23-2007, 08:06 AM   #1  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Default W.O.W. Mother's Day Challenge Week 4 Thread!

Good Monday morning all! Hope you all had a lovely weekend. I did, the weather was fine, got outside ALL weekend long.

Eating, on the other hand, was BAAAAD! I thought Friday and Saturday were just going to be the exeptions but Sunday wasn't great either. Actually it was right on plan til dinner, Mexican, so the sodium really showed this morning on the scale. SIGH! And NO exercise this weekend at all! I MUST MUST MUST go today.

We went and played mini-golf yesterday, I forgot how much fun that is, especially with the kids, even Rachel had a ball, and the last time we tried to take her putt-putting it was a disaster.

Today---looks like another warm day, though I hear it is supposed to rain.

OMG did you guys watch the premiere of Celebrity Fit Club last night? I never really paid attention to that show before but thought I'd DVR it and see. Who knew SCREECH was such a jerk!? LOL I didn't know some of the contestants at all, but that Cletus T Judd really impressed me, he was so emotional. I'm rooting for him.

I'll check back later and catch up. xoxoxoo Michelle
NurseMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 09:45 AM   #2  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

LOL Screech.....yeah i wouldn't be surprised.

Eating was good up to yesterday....i gotta make something for today and get ready for work *sighs*

I'll workout when i get home, I'm annoyed with hubby and I'm not catering to him anymore. if he's gotta get up then it's not my problem. I set up the gym and I have been DOIN GOOD so far. Scale says 195 today

Ok gotta run, off to work! Have a great one
Holyteror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 10:11 AM   #3  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Good morning everyone. I hope you all had a good weekend. Weather here has been stupendous.

Michelle, I missed Celebrity Fit club. I guess I would have put it on for a few minutes had I realized it was on. I find the show to be very mediocre. I really like The Biggest Loser.

I've been working real hard at weightloss these past 2 weeks. I tell ya, it's definitely been getting harder. But,I am down 2 lbs for the week. So at least it's paying off. We'll see what this week brings. I just ordered Turbo Jam. Thinking of switching things up a bit. I'm headed off now to what? - oh yeah - another walk.

Have a great day and a fantastic week everyone. Healthy, safe and on plan.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 11:19 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 188/176/150

Height: 5'4"

Hi girls- A nice morning here, but we are also expecting rain. Actually they are saying rain all week. I got my walk in this morning just in case it rains this afternoon. It felt good to get out early and have it out of the way.
They had a bomb threat at the high school so they cancelled school for those students. My oldest grandson is in the middle school so it didn't effect any of my kids.

Michelle- LOL- I watch the Celebrity Fit Club every year. "Screech" (Oops he doesn't want to be called that) is a pain in the butt. I'm not sure how much is TV acting for the show and how much is true. The girl rapper was annoying too. I saw Kimberly Locke on The View a couple weeks ago and she said it was an interesting experience.

Holyteror- I'm glad you got the gym put together and it's working out for you. Too bad you had to do it all yourself. MEN!

Robin- 2 more pounds!!! Great job!!!
grammpaula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 12:06 PM   #5  
Calorie Counter

Hi ladies. My first day of 12 hour shifts and I am off!!!I have some laundry to catch up on as well as general housework, but it is so beautiful outside I hate to spend it indoors. We may go for a walk, or to the beach, or. . . who knows. Last night was a tough night Tommy screamed all night again. I think it is his ears (again). I'll be getting him into the doctor soon (maybe not until Weds though.

My weight is holding strong, no gains, no losses. I hope to get in a quick workout after short sports tonight then I have to go bed early. I am going for a walk today, maybe a swim with the kids. I have a pretty good meal plan going right now I have a shake at 9 am; lunch at 11 am; light and fit smoothie at 1pm; crackers or carrots at 3:30; dinner at 6ish with a piece of fruit after dinner. starting tomorrow I think my whole plan will change, since I will be up at 2:30 am; I will probably add in either another slimfast shake, or toast and a hardboiled egg. or maybe some oatmeal. I shouldn't get too hungry if I have something at each break (every 2 hours)

And a yummy dinner if anyone wants to try it:

shread chicken (I use boneless skinless chicken breast and boil it until it shreds
1 cup of black beans
1 cup of kidney beans
1 cup tomatos
1/4 cup of peppers
1 can of enchilada sauce

I use SBD wraps and sprinkle some low fat cheese on itwith a little bit of sour cream. MMM even both my kids love it. When I figured the calories for it each serving was approx 375 calories including the wrap and cheese. (of course that assumes that I figured it out correctly.

Okay,

W 120 oz
E 60 minutes either at home of gym
E 1200 cals
D general housework.
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 12:14 PM   #6  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Morning everyone!

Michelle ~ I don't watch CFC but LMAO at Screech.

Holy ~ Echoing Paula, MEN!

YAY ROBIN!

Paula ~ Seems the whole world is going crazy. Somebody has nothing better to do than call in bomb threats to a school.

Jeni ~ Eck! I thought I had it bad getting up at 4:30 every morning!
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 08:30 PM   #7  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

They had some crackpot guy do that last week about an hour and a half away from here. shut down ALL the schools in that town. scary for the kids too.

jen that recipe sounds great. i might have to try that soon.

yes MEN....he's the source of my heartburn today. that and work LOL
Holyteror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 08:36 PM   #8  
a new me

S/C/G: 200/192/145

Height: 5'2"

Hi All,
Well today I had lunch with a friend. We went to this place called Tom's. It's a southern, down home style kind of place. You know, the one with fried chicken, mashed tatters, greens, cornbread, fried catfish and cobbler. We'd been trying to go there since the fall, but today was the first time ' we;ve made it. I did pretty ok, considering the menu. I had roasted chicken (a thigh, my DS helped me out and ate the leg), mac n cheese (about 3 bites, my DD helped me out by eating this) and cabbage (mity DD and I shared this, it wasn't eactly the healthy version. It had bacon in it). DS is helping with this post so pardon the typos.
Then my friend ordeed the mashed tatters and fried chicken and cobbler. I tasted about 3 bites of cobbler and some of her DD's BBQ pork. It was simply delish. Then they had sweet tea. I hadn't had anthing but watere since Feb, so that was a treat. Then we went to my absolute most favorite place in Denver. It's an ice cream shop called Blackberries. All homemeade ice cream. I only got one scoop, but it was a big scoop. Overall, not terribly bad, but I'll be doing some double duty on the workouts to make up for it. I had planned to make turkey burger for dinner, but i think i am going to settle on a salad instead.

Paula-wehad a bomb go off at one of the high schools here last friday. It was the Columbine anniversary, so they closed all of the schools in our district. Home school is starting to sound better everyday. I got a 20 minute walk in this am with the kids.We are supposed to get snow here tomorrow. UGH. I don't think I have ever anticipated summer so much.

Jeni-Glad you were able to have a little down time, sounds like you just needed to get out with the family. Hopefully everyone will get well before your next days off.

HolyTeror-Glad you got the gym put up. My friend (a man) was supposed to drop off a rowing machine to me today. I am not counting on him though. While the gesture was a good one, I don't see him doing it today. I can't wait to get it though. He says it's one of the best workouts you can get.

Michelle-So your a fit club junkie. I've been following Dr. Ian's diet plan (Fat Smash) with much succes so far. I checked out the exercise guys video at the library, but it was just too intense for me. i've never actully watched an entire season, usually just check in for a few epsodes. Anybody up for our own Celeb Fit challenge?

Robin-Whoo on the 2lbs. I know you've worked for every pound you've lost, hard as it may be. At least you had a loss this week. Keep it up!

Hello to anyone I've missed. I am going to go make that salad and try and get another workout in tonight. Maybe even a walk before it gets too cold.

Be healthy!
Love
lovemacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 10:00 AM   #9  
a new me

Good morning ladies.
How is everyone today? It's snowing here, so it looks like I'll be getting a lot of housework done today.
So after a most fattening lunch yesterday, I had the most delish dinner last night. I roasted some broccoli and sundried tomatoes. Turned out pretty good. I tossed them in with my salad. UMM GOOD!

Well here's my WEED for the day.
W:64 oz. I got a new water bottle that's helping with this.
E:4 mile WATP and basic Taebo this evening
E:Lots of veggies and high fiber.
D: Get my house cleaned. I think it's driving my hubby crazy. I just can't seem to get it together.
Have a good day all.
Old 04-24-2007, 11:12 AM   #10  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

HI girls, guess what! I've been tracking my exercise minutes on Jeni's thread, my goal was 1000 minutes for the month of April, and I MADE IT TODAY! 1000on the mark! and still another week of the month to get to my secret goal of 1300 minutes! Plus the eating and the mind is back on track. Hopefully for a long time now.

W-3-4 liters
E- done! Gym this morning, LBWO +abs + cardio 15 min warmup and 25 min cooldown....feeling good! I prefer my UBWO and kinda dread lower body, but always feel good either way.
E- here's the kicker! The stove comes TOMORROW so we're un-hooking ours this afternoon, someone in the family is coming to pick it up, so other than say, Subway, I'm hoping to make something nice for dinner, salad? soup in the microwave? Lean Cuisine?
D- Poker tourny this afternoon, housework and laundry before then. Light grocery shop, and get this kitchen prepared for our big delivery tomorrow (Fridge AND stove!)

And guess what else we got?!? I swear, I'm not bragging, and we're not rich by any means but we also picked up a new dining room table/chair set. We've had our current set for almost 15 years!! Then we had kids and the chairs are falling apart! So we picked out one of those perfect square tables with 6 chairs and one long bench....the kids are looking foreward to sitting on the bench for mealtimes....and we arranged to have it delivered TOMORROW too! So lots of deliveries tomorrow~did I mention it is DH b-day tomorrow? I got him a Wii game and.....ROLLER BLADES! He's been wanting them for a long time and has been wanting to exercise/get out more, so I'm excited to give him the blades. We're supposed to go to his mom's tonight for, what else, her famous chocolate cake, which is often too rich for me anyways.

Talk to you all soon, off to work on my WEED! xoxooxoo Michelle
NurseMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 01:14 PM   #11  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Morning all!

CONGRATULATIONS Michelle!
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 11:44 PM   #12  
a new me

Where is everyone? I know Michelle is playing with her new appliances, but where is the rest of the crew? Paula, Brandi, Shelby,Suz, Jeni, anybody, anybody...hello out there.
Today I am overlly tired. So much so that I didn't work out. I feel really bad about that. I don't want to fall off of the wagon. My eating hasn't been the best over the last two days either. Maybe that's why I'm so tired. I don't know. All I do know is that I don't want to go back, and have no intentions of going back to the way I was. Just an off couple of days here, tomorrow is a new day. (a bit of self talk here).
I hope all is well with everyone. We've got about 6 inches of snow right now. I think we'll have at least a foot by morning. And it is that wet heavy snow. I felt sorry for my Dh. He was out shoveling and I know he was tired. All winter I helped him cuz I didn't want him to be out there long, but today I just couldn't muster the strength to help. Hopefully it will be warm enough that it will jsut melt in a couple of days.

So, how do you all rebound when you get off track? I need a kick in the pants, and some energy. I don't even have anything to show for it, cuz my house looks crazy!
At any rate, hope to see more of you all tomroow.
Love
Old 04-25-2007, 07:44 AM   #13  

Good morning everyone. Sorry I've been a little lost lately, no excuse except tired -- a lot of work lately, but since I get paid by the number of lines I type, it's good!! Hope everyone is doing well -- I'll catch up on posts later. Lovemacon -- see we are both doing the biggest loser and we made it on the same team -- yeah!! If you find a secret to get back on track, let me know !! I'm actually trying to "fine tune" today. I've been allowing myself too many liberties lately and know if I would buckle down I'd see a better weight loss.

Hope everyone has a great day and I'll work up to my personals later.
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 08:11 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 188/176/150

Hi ladies- I spent the day yesterday sewing. I had to get he special orders in the mail. I got them all finished and mailed off. I got another order last night and he paid for a Rush, so I will be sewing again today. So much for getting my house ready for my Red Hat meeting here tomorrow.
The high schoolers were back to school yesterday. I guess there was a message written on the bathroom stall about people must die. They were worried about a gun threat as it turns out not a bomb. It seems that when these people actually do attack in the schools they don't announce it first. I understand the school canceling classes, but I really didn't think it was for real.

Jeni- The recipe sounds good. I'll copy it into my recipe file. Thanks for sharing.

Love- I hope you didn't get snowed in. On another thread a lady said she had 18 inches of snow and it was still snowing. YUCK!!
here's your kick in the pants. Pick yourself up and get back on track. You can do this. I haven't walked for 2 days so I know how you feel. I have to find time for myself and get that walk in.

Michelle- on meeting your exercise goal.
Enjoy all your new stuff. Wish Hubby Happy Birthday from us and STAY AWAY FROM THAT BIRTHDAY CAKE!!!

Shelby- Glad you could come in and let us know you are doing OK. Good luck to you and Love on the Biggest Loser.

OK, I've been sitting here too long. I'm off to the shower and then to the basement to look for fabric. If I don't have what I need it will mean a trip to WalMart.
grammpaula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 11:58 AM   #15  
Calorie Counter

Hi guys! swear I am around. Yesterday was my first 12 hour shift, it went fine, I had a class on taste testing; it was fun! I had planned on going to the gym tonight, I still might, but I am babysitting my nephew so DH has to agree to take care of him for an hour (I am sure he will). Otherwise I think I will get in some time on my weight bench and I will probably take the kiddos for a walk in the afternoon sun. I think the best way for me to get in my workouts on my days off is to go first thing in the morning (at 6:00) I want to get in 90 minutes a day since I am only going 3-4 days per week and that will help me keep my body at the up early idea (today I slept til 7:30). Plus we signed the kids up for swimming. I feel kindof bad because we were # 19 and #20 on the wait list. What they do is call everyone on the wait list, in order, but whoever gets there to pay first gets in. They called at 7:45 last night and we live 6 blocks away. So DH went and paid, then we realized that Tommy is too young for those classes so called and there was 1 spot left in the water baby class! So they are both in!!! Classes start next month.

I am not doing to bad on my food, but I really need to start trimming my calories around the edges. I know I need to in order to get closer to my goal, I just have to find the "right spot". I have also gotten pretty good at portion control.

Happy Healthy day everyone!! I will get to personals later tonight or tomorrow!!
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote