Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2006, 09:08 PM   #61  

**** chicks!!
just got back from the Y feeling really good about making it there 2x during the week this week. saturday will be a breeze (i hope). hope you are all doing well!! have a great evening!
Old 05-11-2006, 11:39 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 307/172/153.5 (half of SW)

Height: 5'8''

YAY!!! I worked out! I worked out!! Maybe I'll actually start losing weight again!! And I jogged, intermittently, but nonetheless, it was jogging. I did this : I walked for 30 seconds, jogged for 1 minute. And I kept this up for 25 minutes!!! I feel great now!!! Maybe I actually will become a runner!!

Keep up the great work girls!! You really do challenge me to get off my butt.
Old 05-12-2006, 07:01 AM   #63  
On my way...

Height: 5,4 ft

Ups, the exercise thread- I really forgot to post this week

But I am in my exercise plan (that means Walking). Quite good.

But I am thinking of making a few adjustments to that plan. Donīt know what, but Iīll post it when I made up my mind.

Have a nice day,

Kate
Old 05-12-2006, 09:02 AM   #64  
Play that funky music!

S/C/G: 290ish/266/250

Height: 5'4"

Default Thursday recap

Good work, exercising chicks! Keep it up...

Thursday... I did my morning stretch and calisthenics, kind of skimped on my crunches, though, only did about half of them... but at least I did some... I did my PM stretch and hit the elliptical again. I only managed 20 minutes and had to force that, my legs really hurt. I think I'm going back to doing elliptical every other day alternating with weights. It just whoops my butt to do elliptical two days in a row.

I know I need more cardio so I guess next week I'll switch to MWF on the elliptical and T/Th with weights. And I really, really, really need to make myself do at least basic stretching on Saturday and Sunday. If I take both days "off" I feel so tight and uncomfortable come Monday morning.... but I'm so LAZY on the weekends!

So I start work Monday at 8:30 am. I'll have to leave by 8 am, I think, so... I guess I'll get up at 6 am, exercise, shower, get ready, breakfast, pack snacks, and hit the door by 8. I hope that's enough time, I don't wanna get up before 6 if I don't have to. But I will if that's what it takes to get the morning routine in.... And now when my hubby moans, "Man, I don't wanna go to work tomorrow," on Sunday nights, I can finally say, "Yeah, me neither..." instead of just clucking in sympathy. (giggle)

-Lala
Old 05-14-2006, 09:40 AM   #65  
Play that funky music!

Default Friday/Saturday recap

Wow, we're so quiet on the weekends! Happy Mother's Day, btw, to the mommies out there. I am only a mom to some cats, so I can't relate, but to care for another human being (or more) as a full time job is an amazing thing to me!

Okay, let's see... Friday I did everything I was s'posed to. AM stretch, crunches, other calisthenic-ish stuff (I'm beginning to add wimpy-girly push ups to my routine); PM stretches and weights. And Saturday... I actually did my AM stretching stuff on a Saturday. Usually I can't get motivated to move on the weekend, so that's an improvement, I guess.

Hope everyone has a swell weekend!

-Lala
Old 05-16-2006, 11:09 PM   #66  

Height: 5'-2"

Where the heck is everyone!?!? Is exercising old hat?

I just got back from my 30 minute weights class.
Oh, and I got in a 90 minute walk on Monday.
I feel like I need a new body...
Old 05-16-2006, 11:56 PM   #67  
dgpebbles

hello everyone...I made it to the gym on sunday the first in over a week and now haven't gone again...I have my trainging tomorrow with my trainer so I have to go...I've been really busy with prom and graduation...glad next week is the last week of school and my daughter will be graduating on the 26th...I can't wait to get back on track..

ellis-great job today
Old 05-17-2006, 06:58 AM   #68  

S/C/G: 307/172/153.5 (half of SW)

Height: 5'8''

I've been exercising! I've been exercising!! I did 20 minutes of kickboxing this morning and did the jogging/walking intervals again on the treadmill for a solid 30 minutes last night.

How many calories does riding roller coasters burn? . I'm off to the amusement park tomorrow.. .Oh and BTW, I haven't been to the amusement park in 5 years for fear of not fitting into the seats!!!! Lots of walking, but then no healthy food choices either. I'm already thinking of the awesome candy store they have there. I think I'll be eating candy for lunch.
Old 05-17-2006, 08:19 AM   #69  
On my way...

Really moving thread here..

I did my walking exercises as I promised.

But I have a problem: while and after exercising my right knee hurts. I donīt know if I do something wrong....
But itīs hard to get a real answer because most times people tell me: Hey, you are overweight- thatīs why your knee hurts. So, following the very logical suggestions I had to lose weight in order to be able to do Nordic Walking, the exercise I wanted to do to lose weight....

Kate
Old 05-17-2006, 08:40 AM   #70  

Height: 5'-2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate109
Really moving thread here..

Kate, can you see a doctor about your knee? It's a vicious circle, isn't it? I had a heel spur for quite awhile, and wasn't able to do much exercising. And the heel spur was aggravated by the weight...

Harpo... kick-boxing is so much fun, eh? Very empowering.
I'm sure you burned a ton on the roller-coaster. I think fear like that burns around 200 calories per minute.

Donna, I'm glad things will be easing up for you soon. Life just gets so busy. I hope you have a good session with your trainer today!

I don't know if I'm going to exercise today. I should, I suppose...
Old 05-17-2006, 09:52 PM   #71  

i made it to the Y for the class 2x this week so far. not as many daily steps as i would like... still working on that! feeling strong and pretty positive none the less. hope you are all doing well!! i know you're not posting as much because you are all out exercising right??
Old 05-17-2006, 10:04 PM   #72  
Play that funky music!

Default catching up

First, let me say..... AAAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Okay... school and my new job started on Monday and I'm a bit frazzled. And worn out... I can't believe the amount of homework I have, even if it is a summer class!

I've been getting up extra early so that I can still do my morning thing, which I did all of on both Monday and Tuesday (stretch, crunch, squat, squeeze... hmmm, sounds more fun than it really is). Today - it is still Wednesday, isn't it? - I had to go in extra early so I only did the stretching. I have completely abandoned an evening routine, it's hopeless right now. I'm hoping to get on top of and then somewhat ahead on the homework/classwork thing this weekend so that I'll have more time next week.

The good news is that I haven't had any time to snack too much or even think about bingeing...

-Lala
Old 05-17-2006, 10:12 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 170/159/150

today's total workout:

-jogged 3 miles @ 9min/mile pace, ran 1.5 miles @ 6min/mile pace, lightly jogged/walked 3 miles home
-1 hr of pilates/yoga

whew *wipes brow*
Old 05-18-2006, 06:03 AM   #74  
On my way...

ellis, maybe I should go to a doctor....but at first I try to work on my walking- technique (I didnīt even know there was one).
And I add a bit strength training to my plan. Maybe a bit Pilates.

And I am soooo lazy today..weather is awful...

Well, I have to walk to my violin lesson today (long way up the hill), so good willing you can count that as exercise.

Kate
Old 05-20-2006, 08:08 PM   #75  
Play that funky music!

I go away for a week and nobody is exercising any more!? Now I know that's not true... what have you chicks been up to?

I at least did my morning stretch, if nothing else, on Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday, but that was all I could manage. Other than that it has been wall to wall to wall work and homework. Ugh... It's calming this week though, I dropped one of my classes and will only be working 20 hours instead of 30. I was doing something like 4 hours of homework every night last week after work and still only barely got the last assignment in by midnight on Friday...

Hope everyone is doing well...

-Lala
Closed Thread