Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2006, 06:56 PM   #31  

Height: 5'-2"

Oh, good for you, Harpo!!

CURSES!!! I can't believe it! I missed my first freakin' class, so decided to go to the seven o'clock one instead. I missed it!! aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!!!! I think I'll just turn in.
Old 05-04-2006, 09:08 PM   #32  

thank you ladies for the little kick, i just got back from the water class, so glad i went. i always feel better afterwards.

great job harpo!! i'm going to finish strong this week too!!

sorry you missed the class ellis, i hate traffic too!

have a great night everyone!
Old 05-05-2006, 08:13 AM   #33  

Hungry2Live, I missed your post! Welcome to the exercise thread!!
Good going with the exercise and eating, hon!!

Jodi, so glad you got to the pool.
Old 05-05-2006, 01:02 PM   #34  
Counting down the pounds

S/C/G: 265/230 (RNY)/147/130

Hi everyone!

We have a lot of new (to me) people so I had to write up a roll call cheat sheet!

Let's see - Ellis, I read about your frustrations getting to class. When that happens to me I just want to scream! Hope it'll get better - don't out on us!

Pamintx - I think your schedule sounds great! And very doable - best of luck!

dgpebbles - you lost 5.2 lbs in April?? OMG, that is just AWESOME! Stay at it!! (I'm bowing here!)

Kate109 - I'm going to work the weightlifing into my schedule as well. I've heard when you build muscles, it revs your metabolism because muscles need about 50 calories to work, whereas fat only about 4? Think I read that somewhere. Anyway, sounds good enough to me! Sorry about your back, and I hope it feels better soon!

Lala - the Goddess of Crunch - and my personal heroine! You are doing FABULOSO! I must at least do a for you. You are a great motivator!

Jodi - Sounds like a great exercise commitment. You are certainly worth the extra time so you go, Girl!

Fishwoman - oooo I love yoga and the elliptical - they both put me on the road to great health! And I just love the stretching because I'm so flexible now. Yeah for Great news on working the elliptical.

Amanda - I loved your explanation about Turbo kick! It sounds like it's really high intensity and a lot of fun.

Water2 - Walking is the Let's hope for great weather for you to enjoy as you walk. You'll be surprised on how fast you get up to 2 miles a day!

Harpo - here is a small to get you started...I need one too so I may borrow yours. I've been slacking a bit - but I know it's because I'm not getting much sleep (about 5 hours a night) which really doesn't help heal my body after working it hard.

Oops I missed a few people --

Jayrobella and Hungry2Live, sorry about that! You both sound like you have excellent game plans! I can't wait to hear how you both progress...

What a great GROUP! We are going to kick some major fat to oblivion as well as getting healthier.

Take care everyone - moderation is the key so stay safe.

to everyone - kitty

Last edited by chaoskitty; 05-06-2006 at 12:02 AM.
Old 05-05-2006, 08:48 PM   #35  
dgpebbles

Sorry I haven't been around much but I've been so busy with getting ready for my daughters prom which is tomorrow and trying to get graduation invitations out...

on wed with my meeting with my trainer we redid my measurements and body fat% and I'm HAPPY to say that I've dropped my body fat % by 5 points...I went from 39.5 to 34.3..in just 4 weeks....I've lost 2 inchs from my chest, 2 from my waist, 1/2 from my hips and 1 from my thigh..now thats really got me pumped to keep going..

everyone is doing a great job...keep it up
Old 05-07-2006, 08:42 AM   #36  
Play that funky music!

S/C/G: 290ish/266/250

Height: 5'4"

Oh goodness, so many people and so much going on! Here's a couple of if anyone should need one, just take one! Heheheheee....

dgp - yay on the body changes! Measurements are the best thing 'cos those will change sometimes even if the scale isn't!

kitty and kate - I like the weights so much more than cardio! I do real weight training stuff on Monday and Friday, but I do a little something for resistance/weights every morning...

Harpo - Good for you on getting back into your aerobics and walking! Keep up the good work!

Jodi - I've dumped some extra mojo in the water cooler... have a few cups you'll be feeling fine in no time! Boogie on!

Jayro - Good job on getting back to your plan! I've noticed too that when I sit around a bit too much that everything cramps and hurts... I'll get up to walk and I jerk around like I'm broken! Gotta get up and MOVE more...

Ummm... I think I've missed some folks but I've been off board for a couple of days and this post is going to be waaay too long....

I've had some ups and downs... Let's see, Thursday was good, did the whole bit both AM and PM, even did my forced 35 min on the elliptical - this week I have to shoot for 40!

Friday morning I skipped out to to my job testing - which didn't go well.... Funny, I can type 65 - 70 wpm at home but I could barely do 60 under pressure, ugh! The place really, really wants me though, so I get to keep going back to test until I get the 65 wpm... whew! But, the good news is, despite beating the frell out of myself all afternoon (overate at lunch and wanted to come home for a binge, only wound up stopping for a single *** bar) and then sleeping part of the afternoon (my other coping mechanism)... I did finally get up at 5:30 pm and did my weight training like a good Lala. I felt much, much better afterward, too...

Saturday was my day off!

Happy weekend!

-Lala
Old 05-07-2006, 10:40 AM   #37  

Thanks, Kitty, I'm still here!
I did my 30 minute exercise class yesterday.
I'm sorry you're not getting enough sleep. Is there anything you can do to change your routine a bit so you can get the amount of rest you need? Too much caffeine/exercise before bedtime? Bedroom too bright in the morning?
Maybe take a nice warm bath and go to bed with a hot drink.
I wasn't getting enough, either. About five hours a night. Because I've been depressed lately, my psychiatrist suggested I take my Trazadone at night for one week... just to get me back on track. I hate taking meds to sleep, but sometimes I need to break that cycle of feeling anxious at night.

Donna, I hope the graduation goes well!
Congratulations on your latest successes... wow, you're really do well, hon!!

Lala, I'm sorry the testing didn't go well, but I'm glad you can keep retesting! You'll do it...

How's everyone else doing?
Old 05-07-2006, 03:36 PM   #38  

Thanks choaskitty! Today has been really good so far. I woke up later than usual (10 a.m.) and it was REEEEEALLY hard to get up and do my exercise for the day because the Slim in Six is so hard. I alternate between that and Urban Rebounding, which I like better. But I made myself get up and do the Slim in Six. I took my dog walking for about 25 minutes before that. I also peeked at the scale this morning, my official weigh in day is tomorrow because that completes my week, but so far I am down 2.4 lbs!! yay! I started exercising and tracking my food last Monday, it looks like it's working so far! I'm checking measurements tomorrow. I'm so happy right now. If I make it through the day this will be my 11th day binge free, god willing. Today is my extra special day, which means I can have up to 1500 calories today, and I'm kind of nervous about it, because I dont want that to turn into a binge. but this is my challenge for the day.

well I hope all you ladies are doing great. Keep your heads up!!
Old 05-07-2006, 06:08 PM   #39  

woo worked out today for the first time in a few weeks

-ran 4 miles @ 9min/mile pace
-10 minutes of ab work
-2 sets of 20 tricep dips
-uphill lunges

i am worn out but i feel soooooo good
Old 05-07-2006, 06:28 PM   #40  

hi chicks,
happy sunday evening. i played tennis this morning, deep cleaned one room, bathed 3 dogs and gave one a haircut, washed 8 loads of laundry, cleaned up and swept the rest of the house. i am counting every last bit of it as exercise. it was a beautiful sunday here. relaxing in front of the tv tonight. not much time for personals!!
hope you are all doing well!
Old 05-08-2006, 09:26 AM   #41  
Play that funky music!

S/C/G: 290ish/266/250

Height: 5'4"

So Sunday was a "lazy" day for me too... though like Jodi I could definitely count the house cleaning, and there was plenty of it! Hehehee... Heck, even my hubby got up and started the big job of cleaning all the junk off of his desk!

Today will be back to the routine, though!

-Lala
Old 05-08-2006, 12:46 PM   #42  

Hungry2Live, good going, girl!! Somehow, when you don't want to do it, but you do it anyhow, it feels even better. If you know what I mean.

NoMore, good for you, too!! Keep up the momentum!!

Jodi, I'm exhausted just reading about all the stuff you did. You must be getting to be quite the tennis pro, eh?

Had a 1 1/2 hour walk this morning. Am burnt and very hungry. And sleepy.
Old 05-08-2006, 12:47 PM   #43  

Oh, heck, Lala! How did I miss your post?!
It feels good to have a clean house, doesn't it? More time for exercise, then. Hope you get some moving in today, hon!!
Old 05-08-2006, 12:59 PM   #44  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Could someone please come clean my house?
Old 05-08-2006, 07:35 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 307/172/153.5 (half of SW)

Height: 5'8''

I'll clean your house Tyler!! I LOVE cleaning!! (It's the anal Virgo perfectionist side of me). It will be cleaner than when you moved in if I get ahold of it.

Jodi, I'm challenging you to a tennis match. I will so kick your butt!!!

I did interval training today!! I'm still sweaty from it. Last week was a wash up: one lousy day of exercise. This week I'm aiming for at least 5, although 7 would be great!!!

I hope everyone got this week off to a sweaty, heart pumping start!!!!
Closed Thread