Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2006, 09:06 AM   #16  

Height: 5'-2"

Did a vigorous, 30 minute work-out class last night. It felt great, and I'm still feeling it this morning.

Harpo, get your butt off your chair and get walking!! You can fit in a 20 minute walk today. It's not going to kill you. I know it's hard to find 20 minutes , but you're doing it for the love of your body. Move it, hon!! (and why don't you add a one minute run in there once in a while to get you started on the running?)

Amanda, what's Turbo Kick?

Jenn, you're beautiful now... you're going to be gorgeous on your wedding day!!

Keep up the great work, ladies!!
Old 05-03-2006, 09:29 AM   #17  
dgpebbles

Today I meet with my trainer again and we are going to take my measurements again and compare it with the ones from 4 weeks ago....I hope he does my body fat % again too...I wish I took my measurements when I started my diet back in december but I didn't...I do know I've lose 2 sizes in pants in the last 4 months but I wish I knew my overall inches..

I had to work over yesterday so i didn't get to workout...I will make up for it today...I thought about trying to walk/jog again...the last time I did I had problems with my legs hurting but I'm hoping that after working out with the weights that my legs are in better shape...

Harpo-wow I just saw your pics and you look great..congrats on all the weight you've loss so far...your doing great..
Old 05-03-2006, 10:41 AM   #18  
Play that funky music!

S/C/G: 290ish/266/250

Height: 5'4"

Default Tuesday recap

I did good!

AM stretches, crunches (oooh, I added 50 bicycle crunches in place of regular crunches... ow!), squats, etc; housework and grocery shopping to keep me out of my chair longer; PM stretches and I made myself stay on the elliptical for longer than 30 minutes! Well, okay, it was only 35 minutes, but I'm going to push that up by another 5 minutes every week. Even if I hate it, another 5 minutes isn't going to kill me...

Happy Wednesday!

-Lala
Old 05-03-2006, 02:44 PM   #19  
GO CLEMSON TIGERS!!

S/C/G: 362/340/160

Ellis - Turbo kick is similar to Ta-Bo (sp). The instructor teaches you diffrent routines that last 30-90 seconds. During the 30-90 seconds you do this routine at a quick pace (punches, running in place, "jumping rope", shooting basketballs, skiing backwards) to really fast music and then after the 30-90 seconds which is called a turbo you do what is called recovery. In recovery you do slower paced kicks, punches and smaller routines. I love it!!! As heavy as I am I would have never thought that I would have been able to do it for a whole hour but I have EVERYTIME!!. I am sure my FORM is not as great as the awesome instructor we have, but at this point I think the most important thing is that I am moving. Not eating ice cream and watching Frasier on Lifetime!!! IF your a member of a gym and they offer the class -- TRY IT!! IT's AWESOME!
Old 05-03-2006, 03:12 PM   #20  
Cynical RedHead

Yesterday I did 30 minutes on the elliptical when I got home. I am going to do yoga again tonight (and maybe go for a walk).
Old 05-03-2006, 04:49 PM   #21  

Amanda, it sounds awesome!! My DH and I used to do Tai Bo videos, and we loved them!! I feel so powerful when I'm kicking and punching.
Thanks for the info... I'll keep my eyes open for classes!

I got dragged into a one-hour walking group when I went to see the doctor at my program today. So I got some exercise in on my "day off".

Congratulations, girls... you're moving!!

Harpo? Harpo, are you there?
Old 05-03-2006, 11:16 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 307/172/153.5 (half of SW)

Height: 5'8''

Thanks Donna!!!!

oops, did I miss roll call? ellis, you got to yell at me again, I skimped out on the exercise again (hey it was raining, I know excuses excuses) I will workout tomorrow. My muscles are going to begin to wonder what the **** is going on.
Old 05-04-2006, 05:42 AM   #23  
On my way...

Height: 5,4 ft

Hi!

I did my walking this morning!
And until this moment (knock on wood) i am able to move myself properly

You are all doing really great! You have really an ambitous workout- plan...

But I think for a not-smoke-free-havenīt- moved-the-last-years-person like me is Walking quite a good start

Kate
Old 05-04-2006, 09:53 AM   #24  
Play that funky music!

S/C/G: 290ish/266/250

Height: 5'4"

Default Wednesday recap

Howdy chicks!

Yesterday my AM routine kicked my bee-hind! I've added the bicycle crunches and then added some leg adductions/abductions... good golly was I sore and worn out the rest of the day! So, I didn't do the elliptical last night, but I will do it tonight and will do at least 35 minutes.

Tomorrow I go for the testing stuff for my new job! Ugh, 10 am on the other side of town through morning traffic.... But I can get to 65 wpm much more easily now, so the typing test part should be fine! And I feel fairly certain I can pass a drug test, so....

Happy Thursday!

-Lala
Old 05-04-2006, 09:59 AM   #25  

Lala, good luck with the tests today! I'll be thinking about you...
Old 05-04-2006, 03:45 PM   #26  

Smile

OK you guys. I'm a few days late--but I'm in. I'll save the drama for my mama but I've been off my workout routine for 3 weeks now! Harpo, take it from me my muscles are past wondering what's going on--they're rebelling! My back hurts, my neck is all kinked up and I'm having cramps in my legs. NO GOOD!!! SO I'm going back to my routine: M,W,F mornings with my workout buddy (who's been going faithfully without me btw) at the gym: 50 minutes of cardio, usually a 20 minute walk and 30 mn on the eliptical. T,TH body pump class. My Friday is a variable day, I'll either do Friday, Saturday or Sunday.

So an overview--5 days total, 3 cardio, 2 strength training, and I usually do a few squats and crunches on my cardio days too.
Old 05-04-2006, 04:27 PM   #27  

I did the Slim in Six, Ramp it Up this morning. Boy does that thing kick my butt!! This is my sixth day straight exercising. And my 8th day Binge Free!!!

i also walk everyday w/my dog
Old 05-04-2006, 06:08 PM   #28  

someone needs to kick me in the a$$. i got no mojo! going to the Y tonight no matter what!!

great job all you exercisers!!
Old 05-04-2006, 06:43 PM   #29  

Get to it, Jodi-girl!!
Harpo, you, too!!

I am so freakin' crabby. I just tried driving to my exercise class, but the traffic was so bad I turned around and came home. I might have made the last 10 minutes of my class.
One good thing... I just got my 3FC book in the mail!! It's so good!!
Old 05-04-2006, 06:44 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 307/172/153.5 (half of SW)

Height: 5'8''

Here you go Jodi: I'll smash you over the head with a frying pan instead.

I finally exercised!!! I just finished 20 minutes of high impact aerobics. Now I need to get walking again. I'm going to try to workout the rest of the days of this week. So I'll have 4 days out of the week.
Closed Thread