Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 05-19-2006, 12:00 PM   #1  
Recovering Shopaholic

S/C/G: See tickers for latest!

Height: 5'3"

Default Hershey Park ... help

Hi everyone. I wasn't sure where to post this, but since I am a COE and sugar seems to send me on a downward spiral, I thought you gals could help.

For Memorial Day weekend, I am taking my children to Hershey Park. I am scared that I will go nuts once there with the chocolate. Even worse, I am afraid that I won't get back on track when I get home.

I would be thrilled if I could successfully splurge and come home, and be normal again ... but once I get started, it's soooo hard to reign myself in. The best bet is to abstain, but realistically, I know I won't be avoiding chocolate the whole three days.

Any ideas how to enjoy myself without it turning into the ultimate binge weekend?

TIA!

Kelly
HandbagAficionado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 01:09 PM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

Yikes, Kelly! Every time I go the Hershey factory here, I just want to dive into one of the vats of chocolate!
I don't have any ideas, but I'll be interested to read what other people post.
One thing... enjoy it while you're there, but DON'T buy any chocolate to take home with you. You don't need it at home, and you've done SO well with your weight loss! Keep that in mind.
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 01:53 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 307/172/153.5 (half of SW)

Height: 5'8''

Oh my, am I jealous. I seriously am taking my next vacation there.

You sound a lot like me, once I go off plan, it's so hard to get back in control. The best piece of advice I can give you is really be mindful of every bite of chocolate you eat. Savor and enjoy it. Eat it slowly and remind yourself constantly to stay in control. If you go crazy, you might be tempted to continue the craziness when you get home. You can indulge, but don't over indulge. And don't view it as a splurge, but as a controlled indulgence.

And like ellis said, DO NOT bring any home. What happens in Hershey park, stays in Hershey park
HarpoChicoGroucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 02:43 PM   #4  
Recovering Shopaholic

Lol! I love it - What happens in Hershey Park, Stays in Hershey Park.

Thank you both!

I will certainly vow to not take any home. The kids don't need that stuff either, so we are just going to enjoy ourselves while we are there.
Old 05-19-2006, 03:22 PM   #5  
Elizabeth

S/C/G: 233/158/145

Height: 5'6

Hi Kelly,

I would suggest preplanning what you will eat. There is a good website for hershey park that lists all of the food available. At the bottom of the list is "healthier" foods. Of course, you must pass the desserts first to get there!

I would definitely make sure I am not too hungry when I go there. It should make it much easier to avoid temptation if you are well fed. And I would carry healthy snacks, like apples, baby carrots, cheese sticks, cut up veggies, whatever.

I would make a decision about which yummy desserts I would indulge in. Then, I would get a partner in crime to split them with.

Whatever you decide, I hope you have a blast!!!!
telemetrynurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 02:05 PM   #6  
Recovering Shopaholic

Thanks to all of you for your advice/encouragement!

I leave tonight, and I will report back next Tuesday to tell you how I did. I am pleased with my (re) weight loss, although it's slow, it's steady - and I don't want to ruin that.

Funny, I am much more concerned with bingeing AFTER I get home, than I am about overeating on the trip. For some reason when I go away and return, I end up eating everything that isn't nailed down that evening.

Everyone have a great Memorial Day weekend!

Kelly