Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2006, 07:17 PM   #1  

Height: 5'-2"

Thumbs up Chicks in Control, March Exercise!!

Hey, ya'll!

Tomorrow is March... let's keep up the great work and double our efforts! We're becoming fabulous, strong, fit women! (men are also welcome)

New people are welcome... challenge yourself this coming month!

Old 02-28-2006, 09:59 PM   #2  
The High-Carb Rebel

S/C/G: 175ish/175ish/145ish

I don't like to set specific challenges for myself because if I break them I start to feel bad So I guess I'll just be general and say I'd like to work out as often as I can every week, preferrably five or more days every week, but if I can't do it I'll just pick up the next week.

Just gotta keep on truckin'. Whee.
Old 03-01-2006, 06:58 AM   #3  

My B-day is on the 23 and I want to feel and look good for it, so I'm going to add abs this month .

New goal for march
2,300 ab reps
1000 mins elliptial
Old 03-01-2006, 08:02 AM   #4  

Great goals, ladies!

lessthansign3, I hear ya re: breaking personal challenges. And sometimes we set ourselves up for failure when we set our goals too high. I'm very guilty of doing that!

I'm going to commit to 6500 steps on my pedometer a day, plus three exercise classes a week.

Donna, you'll have a stomach of steel for your birthday!
Old 03-01-2006, 09:19 AM   #5  
dgpebbles

Hello everyone...My goal this month is still to reach 1000 minutes of cardio exercise...last month I only reached 883 but if I wasn't sick for over a week I would have made it...so this month I am going to reach it...I am also going to add in more weight lifting workouts and stomach exercises...

great goals everyone ...I know we all can do it..
Old 03-01-2006, 09:21 AM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellis

Donna, you'll have a stomach of steel for your birthday!
cheez, Donna! That's not you! Sorry... still working on my first coffee... Stay healthy this month, hon!

plb@m, good luck with the abs!!
Old 03-01-2006, 09:35 AM   #7  
Play that funky music!

S/C/G: 290ish/266/250

Height: 5'4"

Well, last night I almost blew it. I was so close to just not exercising yesterday, but finally at 9:30 I decided it just had to be done so I hit the elliptical for half an hour (a record for me).

My plan for March is: MWF elliptical, TThS weights, Sunday off except for stretching every morning and evening.

Also, I wanted to show off my updated ticker... I just broke below 270 after two months! I was between 275 and 271 forever, it seemed...

Happy Wednesday everyone!

-Lala
Old 03-01-2006, 11:33 AM   #8  
Cynical RedHead

Happy March, everyone!

So far I have walked 20 minutes today, I will definitely walk 20 minutes this evening (or I won't get back to the apartment!) and, I brought my gym clothes, so if I'm not working too late, I will stop at the gym before walking home.

Well, being sick last month definitely knocked down my exercise time. But I am feeling so much better, and rarely even need my inhaler anymore! I am going to try for at least 1250 minutes this month. I would like to hit 1500, but we shall see.

Now we just need warmer weather!
3/01

October = 1176; November = 1235; December 1192; January 1276; February 685
Old 03-01-2006, 03:31 PM   #9  

Just got done with 100 abs and 45mins elliptical and I feel good!!!!

I hope all of us stay healthy this month and get to our goals !!!
Old 03-01-2006, 08:22 PM   #10  
dgpebbles

Lala - great job getting in that last min to exercise...and congrats on the weight loss.

Plb - great start today...wow 100 abs..keep it up
Old 03-02-2006, 07:54 AM   #11  

Yesterday I got in 20 minutes on the bike and 8201 steps on my pedometer.

Good going, girls!!
Old 03-02-2006, 09:29 AM   #12  
Play that funky music!

S/C/G: 290ish/266/250

Height: 5'4"

Question Good Wednesday

I done good...

I did my AM stretches and crunches, added some sets with 10 lb dumbbells in the morning. In the evening I did my PM stretches, took a brisk walk around the block to warm up, then did the elliptical for 23 minutes (1000 steps).

My right leg is still tightening up too much during the elliptical, sometimes cramping. That's why I started stretching in the first place, and it helps some, but I still had to stop too much to relax my calf muscle. So I added the warm up walk to see if that would help more. It didn't seem to. I'll do that a few more times, though, before I decide it's not working. Also, I have done elliptical three days in a row (the plan is to do elliptical every other day, shared with upper body weight training on the other days to give my legs a break).

One more piece of info.... when I was in middle school/junior high I went to the doctor for back pain and found that I had a slight curvature of the spine which makes my right leg about 1/4 inch shorter than my left. I wore a lifted shoe all through high school and college, until I moved out on my own and couldn't afford them anymore. I had completely forgotten about it after ten years or so.... I am going to the doctor in April, I think I'll have her check and see if I have outgrown the problem or if it's still a factor. That may be causing enough stress on my right leg to incur the tightness.

Happy Thursday!

Lala
Old 03-02-2006, 10:48 AM   #13  
The High-Carb Rebel

S/C/G: 175ish/175ish/145ish

I've actually decided on a more specific fitness goal for this month!! I really want to work on my endurance. My asthma often keeps me from doing too much, especially jogging or running, so I want to gradually step it up so I can overcome this. Right now I can speed walk (4.0 on the treadmill) for 25 minutes and then ride the exercise bike for another 20 minutes on top of that but I'd like to be able to speed walk a full 45 minutes, or even be able to jog for 10 minutes straight. I usually have to stop jogging after a minute or two, which sucks a lot. I'm young, I should be able to do this stuff!! Ah well.
Old 03-02-2006, 12:41 PM   #14  
Embracing My New Normal

S/C/G: 248/226/135

Good afternoon, everyone! Looks like everyone had a great start for the month of March! Good going, all!

My basic March exercise goals are rather simple: minimum 30 minutes lifting 5 days a week (preferably M-F, with weekends off), minimum 30 minutes cardio 5 days a week, 10,000 steps a day weekdays and 5,000 weekends. Treadmill steps count ().

(geez, what a slacker I am on weekends )

So, how'd I do yesterday, March 1? Excellent, thank you! 30 minutes lifting, 40 minutes treadmill and 10,119 steps.

Off to a good start, I think!
Old 03-02-2006, 12:52 PM   #15  

lessthansign3- I know how you feel I have asthma too. Be careful and take to slow you'll get there.

I got in my exercise today 45 mins ellip and 100 abs .

Hope everyone is doing good.

3/1 45 mins ellip - 100 abs
3/2 45 mins ellip -100 abs
Closed Thread