Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2006, 08:44 AM   #91  
Play that funky music!

S/C/G: 290ish/266/250

Height: 5'4"

Default Thursday recap

I did very well yesterday (as a change from depression Wednesday!).

AM stretches, crunches (I bumped up to 120 from 100!), and dumbbells in the morning. PM stretches and 33 minutes on the elliptical in the evening. Boy, I felt the extra crunches by bedtime, though. Felt like I'd gotten punched in the ribs! Oh, and I added another thing to my morning routine... I don't know what it's called, but you get on all fours and raise a leg out to the side then pull it in as if you were sqeezing a thigh master (i know, i know, trademarked name, yada yada). I didn't feel much while I was doing it but when I got on the elliptical I could sure feel it in my glutes! Wow...

Happy Friday (woot! Friday!) everyone!

-Lala
Old 03-24-2006, 08:45 AM   #92  

Height: 5'-2"

Lala, we do those leg thingys... my gosh, they are GREAT!! Good going, hon!!
Old 03-25-2006, 05:04 PM   #93  

Lala - Great job with the crunches!!!! I do some stretches after my crunches to help with the pain .

I'm going to start doing 200 crunches 5 days a week in April. 100 just isn't getting it done for me.

Glad to see everyone is doing so good with their exercise
Old 03-25-2006, 06:54 PM   #94  
Play that funky music!

plb - Yeah, I'm working my way up. I started with just 50 back in February, can do at least 100 most days now, and try to push further when it doesn't feel like my ribs are going to pop! And you're right about the stretching. I do full body stretches just before, and sometimes during if it gets too painful, and then afterward too... since I'm lying on the floor anyway, right?

Let's see... Friday wasn't bad, but I had some... intestinal distress, so I took it a little easy. I did AM stretch and 100 crunches (I felt like barfing, though, so I stopped a lot), walked a couple of miles at school with a friend (thank goodness for Pepto!), then then did PM stretches and weights last night. I usually slack off on the weekends, so today I just did the AM stretch only, but I did have to spend about a half hour or so out in the yard digging up the sprinkler line (broken pipe). Hubby and I were talking about taking a walk later on tonight, so that'll be nice too.

Hope everyone's having a great weekend!

-Lala
Old 03-26-2006, 07:30 AM   #95  

plb@m, 200 crunches. Woof!!!
You should see my 10 year-old son's stomach. He's practically got a six-pack. He's all muscle, and it's because he NEVER stops moving! He loves sports, and does a lot of them, but even when he's just watching a movie or something he's in motion. I think that's our problem... we stopped moving.

Lala, I hope your tummy is better today.
Did you go for your walk with DH? I haven't walked with mine for a few days... he's got a terrible cough and cold, and he's been huddled in bed half the week.

I went to my exercise class yesterday. My ribs and legs are nice and sore. My shoulders and arms are no longer sore after I work out, and I think it's time I moved to a heavier weight for some of my exercises.

Today... I've got to do my run/walk.

Have a great day, everyone! Happy exercising!!
Old 03-26-2006, 08:30 AM   #96  
Play that funky music!

Morning, everyone!

Nope, we didn't get to go for our walk last night. Hubby is trying to sell his car, so he was working on trying to get the last couple of things cleaned and fixed up. Just when I thought he was done and we were heading for dinner he pulls into Lowe's and has to buy a bolt for the seat and fiddle with that for a bit. It was 9 pm!!! before we had dinner, and of course I was starving... So, I'll be doing extra elliptical today.

-Lala
Old 03-26-2006, 11:44 AM   #97  
dgpebbles

went to the gym late last night after work and did 60 mins on elliptical and weights....I'm going to work in yard again today..I need to pull weeds for flower beds....I will go to gym later this afternoon.

ellis great job sticking to your classes..

Lala wow 200 crunchs...makes me hurt thinking about it..you go girl
Old 03-27-2006, 05:45 AM   #98  

Great job on the elliptical, Donna!
Hey, spring is here, too! Finally! I was able to do a little yard work on the weekend. It was SO good to be out in the fresh air.

I did my 20 minute walk/run yesterday. Ran 10 minutes straight!
And NOW I have a bad cough!! aaaaaaaaaaaargh!! This is so typical... I always get sick when I start doing well with exercise. Curses.

Lala, have fun on the elliptical today, hon.
Old 03-27-2006, 06:53 AM   #99  

WOW ! This month is flying by.
I'm thinking of new exercising goals . I'm getting sick of the elliptical and thinking of going down to 20mins 5 days a week ,but a need to come up with something else to take it's place .I need somethings that will keep me moving.

ELLIS-I hope that cough goes away and you feel better soon.
Old 03-27-2006, 09:47 AM   #100  
Play that funky music!

Default Bad Lala!

Well, I kind of blew the weekend, exercise-wise. Saturday all I did was the AM stretching and some yardwork. Sunday I at least did the full morning routine: AM stretch, crunches, 5 lb dumbbells. And even though I promised myself I would, I never did my evening routine, even the stretching, and especially not the elliptical. Sigh...

Anyway, it's a new day, a new week, and I am getting back on track. I've already done the morning workout and am scheduled for an hour walk with my friend after class. I got my pedometer this weekend, so that should help. I am kind of hung up on beating previous numbers when I am counting something... or, at least, on pushing myself to the next round number.

Happy Monday everyone!

-La
Old 03-28-2006, 09:41 AM   #101  
Cynical RedHead

I did the elliptical Friday and Sunday - took Saturday off and got some sleep in between running errands.

Yesterday I just walked. I am going to try to get to the gym tonight for some cardio, but I did 20 pushups and 100 crunches this morning before my shower!

3/01 - 70 minutes total - 40 walking; 30 elliptical
3/02 - 40 minutes walking
3/03 - 60 minutes walking
3/04 - 240 minutes walking
3/05 - 150 minutes walking
3/06 - 60 minutes walking
3/07 - 40 minutes walking
3/08 - 40 minutes walking
3/09 - 30 minutes walking
3/10 - nothing
3/11 - 60 minutes walking
3/12 - 90 minutes walking
3/13 - 75 minutes total - 40 walking; 35 hula
3/14 - 87 minutes total - 40 walking; 47 vinyasa yoga
3/15 - 40 minutes walking
3/16 - 95 minutes total - 25 minutes running (2.5 miles); 75 walking
3/17 - 40 minutes walking
3/18 - 180 minutes walking
3/19 - 227 minutes total - 180 walking; 47 vinyasa yoga
3/20 - 40 minutes walking
3/21 - 40 minutes walking
3/22 - 40 minutes walking
3/23 - 30 minutes walking
3/24 - 30 minutes elliptical
3/25 - nothing
3/26 - 30 minutes elliptical
3/27 - 30 minute walking

October = 1176; November = 1235; December 1192; January 1276; February 685
Old 03-28-2006, 11:04 AM   #102  
Play that funky music!

Default Monday recap

Good job, fishwoman! I usually take Saturday or Sunday off... unfortunately both a little too frequently... but I do like to at least do my morning stretch 'cos it makes me feel good.

Monday-
AM stretch, crunches, 5 lb dumbbells. Afternoon walk for an hour at school. PM stretch, upper body weights. And now that I have my pedometer, I logged over 15,000 steps for Monday. I take short steps, apparently, so that works out to a little over 3 miles (at least a mile of it running to the bathroom, if I had to guess)...

Happy Tuesday!

-Lala
Old 03-29-2006, 07:53 AM   #103  

ugh! I've been in bed for two whole days! I'm still really sick with this cough, but my exercise for today is getting out of bed, walking to the store for some detergent, and throwing in some laundry! Gotta start small!

There was no way I could make it to my exercise class last night. I had no idea my DH was so sick when he had this. When he laid in bed for days, I thought he was just being sensible. I didn't know he couldn't physically get OUT of bed!!
I know this cough is one of those "lasts for weeks" things, but I'm crossing my fingers, and hoping I can get to my exercise class tomorrow night.

Good going with the exercise, girls... keep it up!!
Old 03-29-2006, 08:26 AM   #104  

Ellis- I hope you feel better soon.

My exercise has been a little off lately because of asthma and back pain , but today is a new day!! Time to make my goals!!! Albuterol in one hand pain pill in the other and away I go !!
Old 03-29-2006, 09:23 AM   #105  
Play that funky music!

Default Tuesday recap

to Ellis! What a bummer... I am prone to terrible coughs and it can be so hard on your body... sore ribs and stomach... take good care of you!

And plb, good luck to you too, and don't OVERdo it! You don't want to get stuck in bed, too!

Me, I've got no excuse. I actually sat here on my big butt last night, bored, wondering what to do... and never got up to do the elliptical last night. How lame! We had family in, we were heading out to 7 pm dinner reservations, but I had hours... hours, to get up and do something. I'm pretty disappointed in myself. Sigh... I did do my morning routine, stretches, crunches, dumbbells, etc, so at least I did something, plus 6920 steps.

Well, there's always today...

Happy Wednesday!

-Lala
Closed Thread