Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 05-11-2012, 10:49 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 168/see ticker/147

Height: 5'5"

Wel I should eat my words along with recently consuming;
Digestive biscuit, Small bar of chocolate, cereal bar, slice of bread and about 160 grms condensed milk! Still under total but would need to eat nothing else today, so guess with small evening meal I will be a couple of hundred calories over. Doesn't seem like the end of the world but keeps the cycle going
Milly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 01:32 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

I have a suggestion regarding binging that may or may not work for you. It worked for me! When I was binging it was usually because I would eat some food, then want to go back and back and back because I was angry/sad/irritated, whatever. I had no food plan, though, so I would "spend" my calories freely.

Nothing changed until I planned out my meals/snacks. Much like how I budget my bills in anticipation, I already know what and how much to eat in my entire day and there is no reason for me to look for something and end up munching/binging. I also found that since I never starve myself (like I used to in order to "save calories for later") and schedule 3 meals, 3 snacks that fit into my calorie budget, I never get hungry.

Last edited by Munchy; 05-11-2012 at 01:40 PM.
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 02:04 PM   #18  

Great idea Munchy (love your name). Actually I count calories and have done quite well this last two months controlling my eating and planning ahead. Keeping binges at bay is my priority! Today was just a combination of people turning up unexpectedly for lunch, when I was just about to have a big plate of steamed veg topped with grated cheese. Ended up eating late after putting something more substantial for them together. This and some family stress, which I probably use as an excuse to binge caused me to lose it for a short time.
Old 05-11-2012, 03:04 PM   #19  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milly1 View Post
Great idea Munchy (love your name)
Haha. Short for "QueenMunchy" a college nickname for me being short, or as they said, Queen of the Munchkins. I'm not even that short, just compact!
Old 05-11-2012, 04:45 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

yes, I agree Munchy. Actually having a plan for my calories does help a little. I still find myself trying to go outside the plan.

No binge yesterday, and so far none today. I consider a binge when I have more than 1 serving unplanned of something. mindless eating.

well today my head hurts--classic migraine. Since caffeine and COLD help, I usually like to eat icecream bars. I don't have the calories alloted for any of that, I already ate 2 earlier. so now I am dealing with this thing--and trying not to binge from the pain.
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 07:35 PM   #21  

How are you doing Milly? I had to drop my calories because of a binge, and I am feeling the crunch. At least the binge is not going to ruin your weight loss efforts and not eating over, will give you a sense of control.
Old 05-11-2012, 08:53 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/160

Today I stopped and got a double cheeseburger from mcdonalds.. I ate half and gave the other half away. One burger is 33 carbs, so I had about 18-20 carbs too many. :/
KYMommy2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 10:46 PM   #23  

KY, what is your plan to compensate? giving the 1/2 away was awesome! That shows self restraint, and it is commendable.

well, I ate too much chocolate, though it wasn't a binge. I ate about 197 calories over what I planned. 1400 is just too low with breastfeeding.

so what I did is take my steps that are in excess of goal, and gave myself .1 cs for each step. which equaled 2414 cs over my first goal. So now I have a little lee way.
Old 05-11-2012, 11:05 PM   #24  
Nutritarian

S/C/G: 289/257.8/125

Height: 5'4"

You should have some fresh cantaloupe cut up and stored in your fridge. One whole 5" melon is only about 200-250 calories. It is sweet, refreshing, and will fill you up, and you won't regret stuffing your face later. lol My new addiction is fresh pineapple... So sweet and juicy! F*** cookies! Pineapple is the YUMs!
Laifierr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 01:40 AM   #25  

good idea, Laif, I love cantalope, I can eat a whole one in one sitting too.

Well, I did not go to bed. My SO was munching so I snacked a little, then he went to bed--I WAS tired, and he's snoring and I'm binging.

so what did I do?
wasabi peas-240 cs (ate them til my nose burned)
5 pcs dark chocolate-220cs
coconut milk-100 cs

so that bank of calories I just set up is depleted a little, I didn't do a 5000 calorie binge, I am going to redeem my slackerness and do a zumba workout tomorrow.
Old 05-12-2012, 02:43 AM   #26  

Plodding away thanks jendiet? I did end up going a couple of 100 over but it's done and I am moving on. Was interested to see you asking KY what she was doing to compensate. I never now compensate for erring! It just makes it more likely to happen again. Can't believe you are trying to survive on 1400 calories and breast feeding. Guess i am taking the scenic route, just wish the scales would show me a different view .
Old 05-12-2012, 08:10 AM   #27  

I really like frozen grapes for that cold fresh feeling but banana ice cream (just frozen bananas in the food processor) is so good as an ice cream replacement.
Old 05-12-2012, 10:33 PM   #28  

hmm, I might have to try that munchy. The problem for me is the calories in a banana are just about the calories in an ice cream bar--so I'd rather eat what I am craving.

yeah milly, I tried ONE day that low, and it drove me nuts. I overate today-probably because I was so busy. already got 17, 995 steps logged, and I worked out, and I tried to eat so little yesterday. Note to self, don't cook pizza after a workout.

still feel pretty good, to me if I don't compensate, I will feel out of control and just say *screw it* and I will never get anywhere.

banking the steps calories is a good alternative to the back lashing I usually give myself. It is also better than deprivation.

Last edited by jendiet; 05-12-2012 at 10:33 PM.
Old 05-13-2012, 07:00 PM   #29  

omg, not binging, but sure not eating very healthy. I've had a serving of cookies and a serving of chocolate already. I also ate some salad on a tortilla shell, so that was healthy.

I actually thought about NOT stopping while I was eating the cookies, and thought of the shame I would feel if I posted the binge, and I stopped! so public disapproval is motivational.

I don't understand why I didn't think of or use the concept before because I am a secret binger, people won't steal because they don't want to go to jail, and they don't want to go to jail because of the stigma it carries. We also don't do alot of things because we would be ashamed for others to know we did them, and thinking of posting another binge shamed me, so I think it is a good tool.

I have to use the remainder of my calories for dinner. So I am going to fill up on tea in the meantime. My goal is an early dinner, light dessert, and tea afterwards, and no food. 1800 total.

I know someone mentioned that if they compensated for a binge, that would just lead to another one, that is not how my psyche works. If I broke something that I had to pay for, I would be motivated to not break another thing. Whereas, if I sweep a binge under the rug, and pat myself on the back and tell myself "it's ok, it wasn't your fault, you can do better next time." I would have no motivation not to do it again. There is a passage in the bible that fits "Judgement delayed makes the heart grow wicked" Ecclesiastes 8:11
Old 05-14-2012, 02:02 AM   #30  

accck, so I worked out kind of late, not really heavy just a little resistance, i didn't take the stuff that helps me go to sleep, and I stayed up late again. I snacked on the dried chic peas I made, and I ate the equivalent of 1/2 can garbanzo beans. they were dried and crunchy, so they were easy to snack away on!

at least it was a health food, but still, I didn't need those extra calories. I took my sleepy time stuff and now I'm just waiting for it to hit. blah!

to top it off, I ate a fiber bar. Maybe I think it's ok to binge on health food? No it is not.

binge total: 220 cs dried chic peas
130 cs fiber bar
total: 350 cs binge

thankfully, the extra mileage I racked up put me just about even so I made my weekly goals. this seems sustainable. I feel much better than the weekly deploration of "you did it again! you will never lose weight at this rate". I can still lose weight with my binging disorder. But, I am taking steps to keep it under control. i have not bought a box of cookies and eaten it alone in one setting (prone to doing).

so what set me off today. mother's day. yep. I don't know why I expect something grand to happen? Like getting flowers or being taken out to dinner. Does that ever happen? No. But I at least expected some cuddle time, which I finally got at about midnight. seriously.

Well, I should count my blessings instead. I do have alot of wonderful people/things in my life. Thank God.

Last edited by jendiet; 05-14-2012 at 02:26 AM.