Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2005, 09:53 AM   #61  
Snowberry: Junior Member

S/C/G: 193/188/140

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Default Introduction

Screen Name: fdevine (Frances)

Age/Age Range: 65

Family Life: widowed, 7 adult chirldren, 14 grandchildren.

Hobbies and Interests: Reading, watching figure skating, writing

Favorite Music: Classical, Christian worship music

Favorite Color(s): purple

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Walking

What are your fitness/health goals? To eat healthy, walk more, lose weight, be able to get off b.p. medications.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit?

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Getting out to exercise

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Self control, motivation, being aware of what I'm eating.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : My present self.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? A size twelve.
Old 08-06-2005, 02:29 PM   #62  
milf in training

Quote:
Originally Posted by aphil
Screen Name:allhailtheprincess

Age/Age Range: 26

Family Life: mommy to a beautiful 4 year old boy
will be married on october 14, 2006

Hobbies and Interests: softball

Favorite Music:all different types but my number one are the indigo girls

Favorite Color(s):depends on my mood

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: tredmill

What are your fitness/health goals? be healthy mind...body...sould

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? its been a neverending battle for as long as i can remember

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? i am my own worst enemy

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve?

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : britney

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size?
my wedding dress
Old 08-07-2005, 10:05 PM   #63  

Screen Name: nhwahm

Age/Age Range: 32

Family Life: Married with 2 children - Tabitha 5 and Connor 2

Occupation: Just left full time teaching career to stay home and watch my friends 2 children along with my own. I am also a Jewelry Consultant.

Hobbies and Interests: Crafts - Love to do them - sewing, crocheting, and more!

Favorite Music: Love lots of different types, depends on the mood

Favorite Color(s): Purple and Green

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Walking (I loved curves, but need to save my money)

What are your fitness/health goals? Need to Walk MORE often need to find something I enjoy doing

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I hate the way I look in the mirror and would love to keep up with the kids without being so tired all the time

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? motivation

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? I need to track my eating - counting calories, protein and fat - I need to get more exercise and eat healthier foods.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : My SIL

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? a sexy dress

I can't wait to have the support I need!
Thanks!
Old 08-14-2005, 09:49 PM   #64  

Red face

Screen Name:deboraheischen

Age/Age Range:I'm 23

Family Life:Married with one son 2 and a step daughter 10

Hobbies and Interests:hmmmmmmm

Favorite Music:country or 80's glamour bands

Favorite Color(s):blue

Favorite Exercise/Workouts:walking...I used to run when i was alot smaller

What are your fitness/health goals?I want to be able to jog again

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I was dropping my son off at daycare, when I got back into the truck my brand new pair of pants ripped...

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health?I can eat and eat and eat....and eat....and eat.... I could probobly eat a whole cheese cake.... not because i am hungry, because it is good and there
I struggle alot with portion controll..

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? eating habbits, getting off my butt and move, and be consistant..motivation

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : I want to know what it feels like to walk into a room and have the attention of everyone because....damn i look good

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size?a little black dress
Old 08-15-2005, 07:57 PM   #65  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

Screen Name: LockItUp (meaning my mouth and/or the food)

Age/Age Range: 23

Family Life: Engaged (no kids)

Hobbies and Interests: Writing, music, reading

Favorite Music: Incubus, Dave Matthews, Maroon 5, and Christina Aguilera and lots more!

Favorite Color(s): Red and Blue

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Love weight training and dancing (used to love running, and hope to again!

What are your fitness/health goals? I want to love my body, whether that means at my goal of 149 pounds or heavier or lighter

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? The scale hitting 190 when I said it would never go over 160

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Giving in to going out to eat and having drinks

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? I need to improve on making my cardio more intense, making sure to eat enough calories and making excuses for my behavior in both areas!

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : Jennifer Lopez

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Low rise jeans and a tank top.

I have posted here before a long time ago and want to get to know everyone, I desprately need support!!!
Old 08-16-2005, 12:52 PM   #66  

Screen Name:mrspmwilliams

Age/Age Range:28

Family Life:Married, with 2 cats, no children yet

Hobbies and Interests:reading, shopping, internet

Favorite Music:country

Favorite Color(s): pink, orange

Favorite Exercise/Workouts:elliptical, abs, carmen electra fit to strip DVD

What are your fitness/health goals? lose 30 lbs, be able to run 5 miles

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? when I was shopping and realized that I no longer fit into my size 12

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? not drinking beer out with my friends. doing my cardio, I hate cardio

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? do my cardio more often, cutting out the beer, being lazy

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : Jessica simpson

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? this really cute dress I bought on Ebay for 5 bucks and can't wear
Old 08-17-2005, 10:09 AM   #67  

Default New to the group

Quote:
Originally Posted by aphil
Screen Name: Baby girl

Age/Age Range:31

Family Life:I have three children. Two girls, Madison is 9 and Mackenzie is 4. My son Dustin is 6 but he is autistic so he is similar to a 2 year old. Last september, my husband left us for a woman at his work. I was very sick for about 5 months and lost 70 pounds. (I've gained 30 back and I don't want to gain anymore!) I'm still going through the divorce process but I have met a wonderful man who loves my children and I very much.

Hobbies and Interests:Cross stitching and reading

Favorite Music:Josh Groban, Bocelli

Favorite Color(s):Black, hides the weight

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: walking

What are your fitness/health goals? weight loss and more energy

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? When my husband left us.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? obsession with food.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Exercise more, think about food less, sticking to plan.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : The current "me"!

A pair of brand new rocky mountain jeans, size 9, that I bought five years ago and never got into.
Old 08-19-2005, 07:57 PM   #68  
repeat offender

S/C/G: 178/167/105

Height: 5' 3"

Wink

Screen Name: Miaka

Age/Age Range: 23

Family Life: Single and a Kitty

Hobbies and Interests: Music, dancing, reading, traveling and food.

Favorite Music: a variety

Favorite Color(s): Blues and reds

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Walking, badminton and swimming

What are your fitness/health goals?
Bring down my body fat percentage to 27%
Lower my heart rate to below 80
Build musclar strength and goal weight of 105

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit?
When all of my fat cloth don't fit anymore

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health?
Eat smaller portions and exercise regularly

1 - eat breakfast
2 - exercise everyday
3 - portion control

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? :
Myself in college

I can't wait to wear my swimsuit and that size 2 jeans from my college years.
Old 08-19-2005, 08:29 PM   #69  

Screen Name: oliviacw (Olivia)

Age/Age Range: 36

Family Life: married (no kids)

Hobbies and Interests: reading, walking

Favorite Music: I seem to be mostly stuck in the 80s - REM, U2, etc; and I also like Broadway musicals!

Favorite Color(s): Red and Blue

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: walking. want to get started weight lifting again.

What are your fitness/health goals? Keep my blood pressure in the safe range, lose weight so I can have a healthy pregnancy in the near future. (short-term weight goal - from 263.5 to 225. long-term - down to 155).

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? When my doctor referred me for evaluation for high blood pressure early this summer

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Wanting treats.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Start weight lifting, do more intensive cardiovascular exercise, eat less sugar

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : nobody in particular

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Sleeveless tops!
Old 08-22-2005, 06:10 PM   #70  

Screen Name: LazieDaisie

Age/Age Range: Soon to be 21

Family Life: Long term relationship, looking for marriage

Hobbies and Interests: Reading, scrapbooking, surfing the internet

Favorite Music: Norah Jones, Rob Thomas, Jack Johnson

Favorite Color(s): Pinks

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Eliptical

What are your fitness/health goals? I want to loose about 35 pounds by Christmas.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? My 21st birthday is December 26, I am going to Spain in January for two weeks, in may I will be in my cousins wedding, also in May is my moms 50th birthday, and I am taking a cruise next summer.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? I get discouraged and cheat. I have a hard time sticking to a diet and when I do cheat I eat more.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? More cardio, healthier foods!!, and being motivated

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : My family. As bad as it sounds, I just want my family to look at me in awe.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? A sexy outfit for my birthday!! and a sexy salsa outfit for Spain!
Old 08-22-2005, 06:51 PM   #71  

Default I forgot to introduce myself!

Screen Name: Jewelz76

Age/Age Range: 28

Family Life: Married, 2 daughters, 1 stepson

Hobbies and Interests: Gardening & Aquarium

Favorite Music: R&B and pop rock

Favorite Color(s): Black & Green

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: I love to walk!

What are your fitness/health goals? To be my old size in highschool or just even close. Health goals is to prevent heart disease since it runs in my family.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I had hbp, palps, sinus arthymia, and tachycardia. I have almost cured them all!

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? I struggle wanting to displine myself to much to be honest. Also, my sugar drops and even the smallest sugary treat I feel guilty.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? I need to do some exercises to tone some "serious" swingy flab on my triceps. lol

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? My old self.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Sleeveless tops or to just be able to wear anything where it doesnt embarress me.
Old 08-27-2005, 05:10 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 233/195/150

Height: 5'6"

Screen Name:

Age/Age Range: 43

Family Life:married w/ 2 kids: a girl and a boy

Hobbies and Interests:Figure skating, baseball, cooking, writing but not lately, storytelling

Favorite Music: pretty universal except not keen on country

Favorite Color(s): pink, black, turquiose

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Kathy Smith aerobics

What are your fitness/health goals? I have already reached some of them, had a physical and all my numbers are good. But I have a long way to go on the scale: would love to get down to 140 or so.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? A number of small things; seeing myself in pictures and such like. Also my sister who, needs to lose far less than I, kind of inspired me.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? 1. Sweet tooth. 2. Inconsistancy in exercise. 3. Time crunch sometimes I work a 10- 12 hour day and barely have time to take care of the and husband, much less myself!

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Probably still eat too many carbs; I love bread in particular. Need more veggies too. And although I am now pretty good at a long hard work out, I need to do it more consistantly

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : I dunno, this one is not really applicable.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? A C cup!

BrokenAnkle
Old 08-27-2005, 05:17 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Screen Name: Susan

Age/Age Range: 45 on Friday!

Family Life:married, children 23, 21 & 18 and I'm going to gain a son-in-law in May

Hobbies and Interests:right now I'm obsessed with fitness and nutrition, knitting, sustainable living, reading

Favorite Music: the BeeGees

Favorite Color(s): you can never have enough taupe

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: biking, weights

What are your fitness/health goals? lean, attractive, healthy

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? the funeral pants, had to lasso the button with an elastic band looped through the hole

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? maintaining

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? binging, maintaining and cardio

(Evil motivation) Who do you want to look better than?: the chubby me

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? my size 4's and a bathing suit
Old 08-28-2005, 07:04 AM   #74  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm A Newbie And Don't Quite Know Where I'd Fit In. There Are So Many Different Groups On The "3 Fat Chicks" Site. Can Some Of You Help Me??
I Just Turned 60, Have Lost 26.5 Pounds Since Last Summer. I Only Have 10 Pounds Or So To Go, And Count Calories.
Bobbo
Old 08-28-2005, 07:35 AM   #75  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Introduce Yourself!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Screen Name:Bobbi

Age/Age Range:60

Family Life:Occupation:We'll celebrate 40 years of marriage Sept 10, 2005. I retired from work about 7 years ago, so am a stay-at-home carefree homemaker.

Hobbies and Interests:Vegetable & Flower Gardening; We live out in the country with plum, peach, apple & apricot trees, so I am really busy freezing fruit for the winter. We live in Minnesota and enjoy cross country sking and snow shoeing. We are dog lovers, have a one year old English Setter named "Charlie". My husband hunts with Charlie (Charlie lives in our home as part of the family) He already weighs over 60 pounds and thinks he's a lap dog! ugh! My hubby & I both love to cook from scratch.

Favorite Music:Christian and old 50's rock and roll

Favorite Color(s):Red

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: I hate exercising but do enjoy walks with hubby and Charlie. I have Plantar Fasciitis and bunions. That really limits my walks, so mostly I wear a pedometer and try for 10,000 steps at day.

What are your fitness/health goals? Healthy foods, staying away from all chemicals in processed foods. I do cook most everything from scratch.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I couldn't fit any of my clothes anymore and I refuse to buy larger clothes. Plus I needed to drop weight for health reasons.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health?Taking the time to weigh/measure food.

1. Keeping the motivation up
2. Remembering to put my pedometer on 1st thing in the morning
3. Buy only what's on my grocery list and ignore the fattening enticements.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : My old self @ 165 pounds, I'm only 5' 3".

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? My "Jones of New York" black dress and matching heels.