Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2005, 10:55 PM   #31  

Screen Name: DakotaMidnight

Age/Age Range: 20

Family Life: Single

Hobbies and Interests: Reading and video games

Favorite Music: I like a bit of everything

Favorite Color(s): Blue

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: I'm jsut starting out, and at the moment mostly just walking.

What are your fitness/health goals? I want to be fit enough to join the Air Force

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Had a bit of a diabetes scare

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Eating out of boredom

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Willpower, snacking, and sticking to a routine

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : One of my former college friends

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Hopefully, my Air Force Dress Uniform!
Old 05-22-2005, 11:52 PM   #32  
Work-Out Junkie

Screen Name: MelissaDell

Age/Age Range: 24

Family Life: Just broke up with my live in fiance of 5 years. Moving back to San Diego in a few weeks with my cat (my 10 year old baby!). My parents live in Oregon and i talk to them every day!

Occupation: Professional Photographer (you can see my stuff of http://www.melissamcclure.net )

Hobbies and Interests: Photography, travel, computers, Tivo, reading, working out

Favorite Music: Tori Amos, and just about anything on the radio

Favorite Color(s): pink, red and brown/turquoise (but only together)

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Elliptical and pilates

What are your fitness/health goals? I want to look good in my clothes again. I would love to lose 50 more pounds this year.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? When all of my new clothes started to be tight.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Snacking

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Motivation, stamina and late snacking

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than?: Pretty much most of my friends. I want to turn guys heads again (now that i'm single!)

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? a bathing suit!
Old 05-29-2005, 03:14 PM   #33  

Screen Name: TNmommyof2

Age/Age Range:29

Family Life: married for 10 years and have 2 of the most beautiful girls you have ever seen!!

Occupation:SAHM....going back to school in August to become a NURSE

Hobbies and Interests:I love to shop (when I have $$$)

Favorite Music: I listen to anything with a beat

Favorite Color(s):Navy blue and black (both very slimming)

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: I hate to exercise (hence the reason I am overweight)

What are your fitness/health goals? I want to lose 35 lbs and maintain it and begin eating more healthy so I can be around to see my grandkids

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? When my daughter asked my hubby why mommy was so fat..She is only 4

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Avoiding sweets

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Everything

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : my sister

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? My size 6 shorts
Old 05-30-2005, 03:14 PM   #34  

ashleysdiet,

I can totally relate to the "hottie" thing!! I'm 4' 10" tall so I know I will never get close to looking like a model, but I am losing weight. The only thing that works for me is cutting calories and exercising. You have to do both (unfortuanately). I do an 8-min advanced Tae Bo workout everyday. I feel empowered when I'm kickboxing I guess. And it's fun! I could use some support though...I've gone vegan and I get late night sweets cravings. Ugh! Hope to see more posts from you, and don't let my little scale fool you, 94 pounds is alot on a girl as short as me. Take Care, Macey
Old 05-30-2005, 04:34 PM   #35  

Default hlblack4

Screen Name: hlblack4

Age/Age Range: 31

Family Life: married

Hobbies and Interests: books, music

Favorite Music: gillian welch, tori amos, springsteen, the stones, eva cassidy, john hurt, and so on

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: none...

What are your fitness/health goals? Lose 30 lbs

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Seeing a scale after several years

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? I have no self control... up until about a year ago, I didn't have to have any. Then I quit smoking and turned 30 simultaneously.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? More exercise, less eating.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? Me, now.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Anything in a size 2 or below.
Old 05-30-2005, 07:41 PM   #36  

Screen Name: RaineyMae7133

Age/Age Range: 33 (DOB Nov 30, 1971)

Family Life: married 15 yrs this Sept, one child, she's 11

Hobbies and Interests: gardening, learning new things, computers

Favorite Music: Green Day, Matchbox 20, Five for Fighting, 3 Doors Down, etc.

Favorite Color(s): white, bright blue

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: walking, playing basketball, Tae Bo

What are your fitness/health goals? I want to lose weight to be healthy. I want to be here for my daughter and my husband for many years to come.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Something just clicked.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? I haven't really struggled with anything. Pretty much any food I used to like, I can make for myself now, only healthier.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? I work out 1 hour to 1 1/2 hours a day, 6 days a week. Sundays we play alot of sports. What I would like to improve is to increase my daily exercise to 2 hours.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : Honestly, I am not trying to look better than anyone. I love myself and I want to get healthier. If someone happens to look better than me, so be it.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Tank tops and shorts.
Old 06-04-2005, 02:30 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 265/262.2/190

Height: 5'10"

Screen Name: gray eyed girl

Age/Age Range: mid 20s

Family Life: married with children

Hobbies and Interests: hiking, movies, dancing with my daughter, playing outside at the park with my kids during their playgroups, reading

Favorite Music: alternative rock

Favorite Color(s): pink, purple, blue

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: elliptical machine and swimming

What are your fitness/health goals? I want to be able to run up a flight of stairs and chase my kids at the park without getting winded. I want to be in the right shape to be around long enough to see my grandchildren get married.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? There wasn't one specific one. It was just time. I'd been putting it off, making excuses, and I couldn't do it any more.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? my sweet tooth. I love chocolate, cake, ice cream, etc. It's hard to break the habit of always buying a candy bar at the store or having ben & jerrys once a week.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? I need to eat more fruit and less fat. I need to build up my endurance and make sure to include weight training in my workouts.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : my sister!

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? form-fitting (not tight) clothes that look good!

Last edited by gray eyed girl; 06-04-2005 at 02:35 PM. Reason: because I didn't answer the questions!
Old 06-04-2005, 02:43 PM   #38  

Screen Name: Ahealthierme

Age/Age Range: 20

Family Life: engaged

Occupation: full time student, and I just quit my job as a waitress

Hobbies and Interests: reading, music, learning foreign languages, animal rescue, environmentalism, politics

Favorite Music: I like a lot of different music, rock, metal, alternative, and classical. My favorites are Elliott Smith, Bjork, Rasputina and Beck

Favorite Color(s): yellow

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: elliptical or treadmill on incline

What are your fitness/health goals? I'd like to lose significant body fat, and increase my stamina, flexibility and balance

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? My fiance proposing kicked my butt in gear. I didnt want to be a fat bride and more than that I want us to build our life together around being healthy and happy.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Finding healthy food choices in social settings, we also love fine dining which we do much more infrequently these days.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? I need to excercise more

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : My fiance's best friend's wife...got that? lol. She's absolutely perfect weight wise. I dont want to look better, just AS good would do, lol.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? A wedding gown!! Actually I'd like to wear a slinky dress, or heck even shorts! I dont expose any skin these days because I'm too ashamed, but hopefully soon!
Old 06-08-2005, 03:02 PM   #39  

Screen Name: sherpamelissa

Age/Age Range: 33

Family Life: married, w/3 year old - we built a house with my in-laws (yes, I know!) so we all live together. It is kind of like a duplex except not. We have different entrances and separate kitchens.

Hobbies and Interests: Reading, scooter riding, bike riding, shopping!

Favorite Music: pop

Favorite Color(s): pink

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: stairclimber (I can't believe I said that!)

What are your fitness/health goals? I want to be healthy. I want a kickass body. I want to be happier with myself.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? My father passed away this year after complications from a heart transplant. His heart problems were due to chemo and radiation that ravaged his organs. I was on the way to the same problems with high blood pressure and more to come. It was ridiculous that I was doing that to myself.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Binge eating, when I am alone my first thought is always "What can I eat?". I am dealing with that voice better these days.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve?
Taking bites of things while preparing them, being honest with myself and dessert.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : hmmm, I really don't have anyone. I would really like to finally weigh less than my 6'2" husband. (I'm 5'2")

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? I don't know. I can't remember the last time I was at that weight. I don't even know what will fit.
Old 06-17-2005, 03:20 PM   #40  
you can call me flower

S/C/G: 205/165/149

Height: 5-5

Screen Name: flower

Age/Age Range: 41

Family Life: married, 4 sons

Hobbies and Interests: crafts, magazines, nature, jewelry making

Favorite Music: rock (classic, 80's, alternative)

Favorite Color(s): blue, copper, red

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: walking outside

What are your fitness/health goals? to funtion as a normal healthy female, get to at least 150, wear regular size clothes

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? DDD bras too small

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? I am always waiting on something, I guess I figured I never needed to wait for food. I kept putting off my diet til after baby #4. Time has past, had baby #4, no more babies...time to be serious!

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? consistantcy, water, more real food

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : my husbands friends girlfriends/wives

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? mid drift tops, low cut jeans

Last edited by flower; 07-06-2010 at 01:28 PM. Reason: old old info
Old 06-19-2005, 05:50 PM   #41  

Red face

Screen Name: Beckatz (or Rebecca)

Age/Age Range:51

Family Life: Married with one daughter (19) and one dog (Cocker Spaniel)

Hobbies and Interests: Fishing, boating (living on Lake Erie makes this a must), gardening, reading.

Favorite Music: I love all types of music, classical, rock, jazz, swing, old musicals, country. Pretty much any thing but Rap.

Favorite Color(s): No favorite - love them all.

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Core Secrets, Treadmill

What are your fitness/health goals? I have lost 54 pounds, I am aiming for 20 more.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Empty Nest.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Sweet Tooth.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Committment to exercise. Toning of problem areas. ?????

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : My wicked older sister (and I already do.)

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Tank tops. I want to have really buff arms.
Old 06-27-2005, 03:49 AM   #42  

Screen Name: Paula-Faye

Age/Age Range: 35

Family Life: Married 11 years, 2 girls, Hannah just turned 6 and Lauren who's nearly 4

Hobbies and Interests:I like doing stuff with the family (of course ) but I'm in the process of trying to remember what I like doing (plague of the "stay at home mum" lifestyle).

Favorite Music: I like lots of sorts of music, but when I'm working out the faster the beat the better

Favorite Color(s):If the colour makes me look 10 pounds thinner, I like it!!

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: I try to vary it a lot because I get bored. But I do some classes now and again and we have a treadmill at home, I do some weights - I don't want to go from a big blob to a smaller blob. sometimes I love it , sometimes I hate it.

What are your fitness/health goals? I want to lose the last 7 kilos (around 15 pounds) and be fit enough that days aren't exhausting

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I have already lost 18kilos (around 40 pounds) which has taken me from being obese to chubby - dressed well, I looked good, and I have lived with that weight for about 6 months. I guess it was over a period of time, a feeling of unhappiness about my weight came over me. Seeing what had to be done rather than what had been achieved. I decided ( yesterday infact) what's the piont of all that work when it leaves you still overweight. Finish the job you started. So thet's what I'm going to do!

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? motivation, binge eating

1. consistency
2.meal planning
3.water intake

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : I would love to be thinner than my mother ( awful! skinny mum/fat daughter )

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Bikini!!
Old 06-27-2005, 10:10 AM   #43  
Married to the USAF

Location: Misery... Uh, I mean Missouri... Moving to Germany in December '05

Screen Name:
Candy

Age/Age Range:

Family Life:
I am married w/ 2 daughters (7 & 5).

Full-time college student--Sociology major and soon to be graduate student...

Hobbies and Interests:
I like singing, dancing, amusement parks, and anything new!

Favorite Music:
PRINCE, PRINCE, and more PRINCE... Don't think I am strange... I have loved him since childhood and I even have his symbol tatooed on my back! My husband hooked me by taking me to a Prince concert. When I saw that he appreciated the musical talent, I knew he was THE ONE! lol

Favorite Color(s):
Purple is my signature color .

Favorite Exercise/Workouts:
I love my lyrical dance class (I am horrible, but I lOVE it!), kettlebells/strength training, walking.

What are your fitness/health goals?
I want to be fit, meaning muscular/toned, strong, and flexible-- and healthy, meaning good blood work, having cardiovascular endurance, a healthy heart, and happy mind.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit?
It was a combo of a few things that happened all at once: My aunt was told her lung cancer was no longer treatable, and it hit me... My choices can and will hurt me or even kill me. I saw a young and fit couple biking, kayaking, and running together, and realized I was cheating my husband, my kids, and myself out of that desired lifestyle. I turned 29 (June 10th), and realized I was not going to enter my 30's unhealthy and obese. I also decided that I want to graduate (December 2005) and move to Germany (December 2005) at a healthy weight.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health?
Sticking with it... However, I feel the difference this time and I really feel the desire that I never felt before. I no longer care that I have to give up junk... I want my health more. I never felt that before. I always felt it was a sacrifice to eat healthy, but now I want to treat my body with respect. It feels pretty cool.

1) water consumption 2) getting in daily exercise 3) eating breakfast

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than?
J-Lo... hA!

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size?
bikini, hip huggers, strappy shirts, short-ish skirts (not too slutty), sexy underwear, non-sports bras, and too much more to list...
Old 06-28-2005, 07:43 AM   #44  

Screen Name: Tonkasmom

Age/Age Range: 29, 30 in Aug 05

Family Life:Married 1 1/2 years, just had boy/girl twins in Feb.- almost 5 mos old!

Hobbies and Interests:SLEEP reading, doing math, running, dogs, x-box.

Favorite Music: depends- I like everything at one point or another

Favorite Color(s):blue, green, purple

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: jogging

What are your fitness/health goals?To look good naked

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Having TWINS!!!

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Not overeating

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? More strenght training, more vegetables, not being so hard on myself

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : my current self

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? short shorts and sundresses
Old 06-28-2005, 06:46 PM   #45  
Battling the Inches

S/C/G: 185/162/142

Height: 5'7

Screen Name: LunaValkyrie /(aim)xithilx

Age/Age Range: 22

Family Life: Engaged, pet roommate

Hobbies and Interests: Video Games, Art, Nature, Fuzzy creatures

Favorite Music: uhhh. I like everything from punkrock to classical

Favorite Color(s): It changes from month to month, right now im in a pink phaze,last month it was electric green

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: DDR, any ab training (FEEL THE BURN BABY!!) and hikes, swimming

What are your fitness/health goals? I want to be able to run a mile (I never have without stopping)

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? My fiancee's sister wanted to go to her highschool prom, but didnt have a dress. I offered her my prom dress, even though the age. She loved the dress (It was brandname too which made it more exciting for her). I've always felt she was so thin and that I was never that thin...till she tried on the dress. It fit her perfectly. Actually I checked my prom photos and saw that the dress was actually big on me compaired to her. I dont think i could even fit that dres around my thigh!! So that's what got me into gear...

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Selfesteem and funding. Its hard living without a job for so long. >_< And it hard to eat right when the unhealthy foods are cheaper.

Motivation, Endurance, 'When to say no'
(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : bChick from ResidentEvil -movie

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? The lingerie my finacee promised to buy me when I meet my goal
Closed Thread