Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2005, 02:41 PM   #46  
leam sona latha

Screen Name:
.LUCKYDAY.

Age/Age Range:

Family Life:
married ( 09/14/02 ) and a son named brayden ( 04/30/03 )

SAHM

Hobbies and Interests:
music. reading. live shows. self improvement.

Favorite Music:
i mostly listen to metal & hard rock. but im not opposed to other things, except gangster rap. my 4 favorite bands right now are slavemachine, killswitch engage, type o negative & slipknot.

Favorite Color(s):
black, tan & white.

Favorite Exercise/Workouts:
long walks, anything ab wise, and anything to do with billy blanks.

What are your fitness/health goals?
i would like to be able to fit into a size 7 again. i would like to eventually weigh no more than 130. i would like to quit smoking and drinking, i would love to be able to fully run a mile w/o wheezing or getting a cramp.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit?
nothing really.. i just gained a ton of weight with my pregnancy and have been struggling to get it off since.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health
?
food. even when i am full, i eat. i always feel hungry.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve?
not eating junk food, drinking more water and exercising atleast 30 minutes a day.

( Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than?
my sister christina. she has had 2 children and still looks (body wise) like she did when she was 14. she has the perfect abs. im jealous. haha

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size?
a skirt!
Old 07-01-2005, 07:36 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 420/385/215

Height: 5'7

Post A lil about me (new to this forum)

Screen Name:
mboeh3281

Age/Age Range:

Family Life:
Married 4 years to Bryon, 4 year old daughter, Kaylea

Cosmetologist

Hobbies and Interests:
I never have any free time. When I do I like to just sit around and relax and
catch up with reading & watching movies with the family.

Favorite Music:
Mellow R&B, some hip hop, punk

Favorite Color(s):
Pink, Light Pink & Hot Pink

Walk away the pounds and the little stretchy band deal, yoga also

To get into a size 16/18

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit?
I woke up one day and just knew it was time to do something about my
weight. My husband and I have been trying to have another kid for the last
3 years and I feel that my weight has a lot to do with it. I also want to be
healthing for the lil girl I already have.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health?
Being able to afford the right foods. Food that are hi cal/hi fat/hi carb
(mac & cheese, ramen noodles, etc. etc.) always seem to be less expensive
and come in bulk. So you got to decide are you going to eat for 3 days and
buy what's healthy or our you going to buy for all week.

1. need to start logging everything
2. add strength training
3. reduce sugar intake

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? :
Lazy days - I leave my tennis shoes right by the door in the living room so
when I get up I put them on first thing & make myself workout

Bootflare black pants with a bright sparkly pink halter top & black strappy
heels!
Old 07-02-2005, 08:50 AM   #48  
yvette120

Screen Name
Yvette120

Family Life
single have two beautiful girls

Occupation
teacher

Hobbies and Interest
love listening to music and reading

Favorite Music
R&B Jazz and Gospel

Favorite Color
Blackl and Royal Blue

Favorite Exercise
Margaret Richards and Tae Bo

What are your fitness/ Exercise goals?
to lose 80 pounds and fit into a size 7

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide that it was time to lose weight and become more fit?
Well it started yesterday when I talked to my sister on the phone. I realize that I have a serious problem with food and that I need to lose weight. I am also tired of looking llike I'm pregnant. When I look in the mirror I do not recognize myself at all. i wonder where have I gone, and how could I allow myself to get this big? plus I want to live a long and healthy life and be around for my children in good health.

What do you struggle with the most on your journey to health?

What I struggle with the most is
1) Eating right
2) Exercise
3) Staying motivated

Who do you wnat to look better than?
I want to look better than all of those beautiful women in th magazines and this lady on my job who has the best body ever.

What can you not wait to wear?
I can't wait to wear a size 7 in my jeans and a fitted top tucked in.

Current Mini Goals lose 5 pounds a month
I have 77 pounds to go
Old 07-02-2005, 09:37 AM   #49  

Screen Name: Jenn81

Age/Age Range: 23, very soon to be 24

Family Life: I live with my boyfriend of almost 6 years

Occupation: Police Records Clerk, will be starting school soon to become a massage therapist

Hobbies and Interests: Shopping, Movies, Learning new crafts

Favorite Music: Story of the year, My Chemical Romance, Anna Nalick, Evanescense

Favorite Color(s): Black, Purple, Pink

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: walking

What are your fitness/health goals? To lose fat, and tone up, and eat better

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Just seeing old pictures, compared to how I look now.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Binge eating

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? 1.Be consistant with workouts 2. stop eating when I'm bored 3. Eat better

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : hmmm...those girls that are always at my boyfriends hockey games

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Short little skirts
Old 07-02-2005, 05:29 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 256/179/135

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone!!!

Screen Name:RoseWaddles

Family Life: Married forever with 3 children and 2 grandchildren with another on the way!

Hobbies and Interest: Gardening, listening to music (all kinds).

Favorite Music: Classic R&B, Classic Rock, Country

Favorite Color: Red, Black & Purple

Favorite Exercise: Windsor Pilates, Walking

What are your fitness/ Exercise goals?: My fitness goal is to walk 5 miles each day.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide that it was time to lose weight and become more fit?: I was 256 lbs, having feet pain, high blood pressure, no energy, etc. I wanted to live instead of just existing.

What do you struggle with the most on your journey to health?: Staying motivated and on plan. Emotional eating.
Who do you wnat to look better than?

What can you not wait to wear?: A nice fitting pair of Levi's with a shirt tucked IN.

Current Mini Goals: My current mini goal is to get to onederland.
Old 07-03-2005, 12:00 AM   #51  

Crazy4sagedarage (A.K.A. Michelle)

Engaged--4 kids--two are mine from another marriage--two are his from a previous marriage. One big happy family and loving it.

Teacher--first full year will be 2005-2006 school year. Wish me luck!

Any and everything I have time for.

Rock/pop

blue, green, and purple

jogging on the treadmill

I would like to get in the habit of walking, at least some, everyday. Ultimately, I think three miles a day would be nice.

What prompted me to finally buckle down? I gave my "skinny" clothes to my sister today, and she looked so cute. I thought, " I used to look that cute. What happened?"

I love food!!!!!!!! All food! Especially dining out! I have little will power. My fiance' can eat anything, and unfortunately I wind up doing the same, gaining weight in the process.

I would like to look better than..maybe my sister or my mom. Its really not important, but that would be somewhat fun.

I would like to be able to where this sleeveless little dress that I bought when my fiance' came back from Iraq. I wore it the one time and haven't put it on since. Also, shopping for wedding dresses, so one that resembled a dress more than a tent would be nice.

Mini goals: I would like to lose at least two pounds this first week(by 7/5).

Old 07-06-2005, 03:16 PM   #52  
~sexy chicka~

S/C/G: 265/185/165 5'5"

Screen Name: Lisa

Age/Age Range:23/24

Family Life: Engaged 4 years this August

Occupation: Americorps*VISTA, non-profit human services community work

Hobbies and Interests: getting my nails done & pedicures (which I never did until several months into this weightloss journey), ANIME (Japanese animation) & manga, reading, shopping (much more now that losing weight, I found it's more fun), being outdoors (in selected areas), looking at new fitness equipment, videos, toys, etc

Favorite Music: Almost anything 80's, country, J-pop, select russian/ukranian music, commerical jingles

Favorite Color(s): Indigo, lavender, dark green

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: TAE-BO!! (has to be Advanced), Pilates, Crunch Bootcamp. I reallllly want to return to weight lifting and cardio machines when I recover from my shin splint / knee injury (hopefully a month or so).

Appearance-wise: I want to return to my newly engaged weight (170lbs 4 years ago), but doing it in a healthy way this time. The interesting thing is that I am almost in my old clothes (I kept them ALL, haha!) - but I'm still a good 35+ pounds heavier now than I was then. I figure by the time I reach my old weight, I will really be a hardbody.

Ability-wise: I want to take up jogging/running when I am able, mountain biking, continue advanced kickboxing and eventually take up an extreme sport or two - probably rock climbing. I would like to be able to do some of these extreme things with the fiance, and have healthy fun (also not have to worry about having a heart attack while trying to do so!)

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Trying to picture my 265 pound flabby body in a wedding dress , plus being generally unhappy, uncomfortable and overly self-conscious

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? I have to be sure of my will power, and especially my desire and ability to move and do for myself. My sweetie is an excellent cook and loves to cook for me. He also likes to wait on me hand and foot and give massages ( I know, it's a hardship). I have a ridiculous sweet tooth, especially for home-made baked goods (my moms way of showing love).

If I make a strong commitment, I an stick to it. I've already lost 40 lbs, almost half of my goal. I would really like to be down to goal (165 lbs) by next June - so I can have this weight thing in hand before starting graduate school.

1* Portion control - Admitting when I need to bust out the measuring cups (don't you hate getting things dirty just to measure?) when my portions creep back up.

2* Keep on JOURNALING - I just starting using FitDay free tracking software. My notebook at home includes daily foods (not amounts), exercise, vitamins and miscellaneous notes. I needed something just for weight related stuff. It helps keep my legal.

3* Finding moderation - that balance from working out too long/hard or not eating enough VS. not working out enough or eating too much. Sticking to my guns when someone tries to sway my actions - enough if it means be a pain in the keister.

My exercise-freak cousin (who I owe a big thanks, she's the MAJOR support along the way, with lots of tips and advice). She has a good 15+ year headstart on the fitnes thing though (but she's 12 years older - so maybe).

I want to look BETTER than I did 4 years ago, just as skinny (low body fat) with increased muscle tone and flexibility. I want to be able to bench press my honey (125 lbs).

That little red sparkly dress that was my first "thin" outfit. Or maybe my least forgiving pair of pants - the REAL test of size.
Old 07-10-2005, 02:15 PM   #53  

Age/Age Range:17

Family Life:Umm...still living at home with the Dad and sister:P

Hobbies and Interests:shopping, movies, music.

Favorite Music:Ohh....this could be long:P I love 80's music; pop, alternative, a bit of hiphop, and new age (tori, fiona;catie curtis you name it i like it)but my favorite music is stuff that's just laid back-like Jack Johnson, Iron & Wine, John Mayer and the likes.

Favorite Color(s):Pink!

Favorite Exercise/Workouts:Walking, Denise Austin

What are your fitness/health goals? I want to just be overall a healthier person - i'd like to get down to a size 10 or so.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Seeing a picture of myself

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Motivation

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve?1. Stop drinking coke. 2. Workout more. 3. stay away from fast food

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : oooh....I want to look better than my American lit. teach who used to piss me off!

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Hmmm....I want to wear a pair of those tight jeans from american eagle - but have it actually look really good on me!
Old 07-13-2005, 06:38 PM   #54  

Talking

Screen Name: pixiechic

Age/Age Range: 29

Family Life: Husband and 3 kids ages 11, 9, and 7

Hobbies and Interests: Watching NASCAR, drawing, painting and my kids!

Favorite Music: Alt. rock, rap , and local bands

Favorite Color(s): orange and green

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: The Firm series and bike riding

What are your fitness/health goals? I just want to get fit and firm

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Not having enough energy to play with my kids

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Self image, I have lost 50 pounds and yet am not happy, I still see the old me

~Exercise more often
~Log my food intake
~Go cheatfree

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : The sasquatch of a girl in my office whom I can't stand, she is dieting and well she sucks at it....I am so going to look hot and she is not!!!

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Tank tops out in public
Old 07-14-2005, 06:42 PM   #55  

Screen Name:teresamoton

Age/Age Range:31

Family Life: Married 5 years, no kids

Hobbies and Interests: fishing, hunting, gardening, writing, surfing the net

Favorite Music: R&B and Gospel

Favorite Color(s): Black

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Tae-bo, Gilad, Lateral ThighTrainer

What are your fitness/health goals? To get in shape, lose weight, and feel better

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Just looking at myself in the mirror everyday- I have gotten out of control. I'm tired of people thinking my mom is my sister!

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? controlling portions when eating

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? I need to drink more water (I am doing better in that area.), exercise more, and getting over-hungry.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : Me on my absolute best day!!!

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? I cannot wait to wear a short, slinky, sleeveless dress for a night on the town with my hubby. (and a thong )
Old 07-19-2005, 04:52 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 268(2003) 186/182/146

Height: 5'5"

Screen Name: getncontrol

Age/Age Range: 29 and holding

Family Life: married 8 years, 1 dd (6yrs), 1 ds (1 yr)

Hobbies and Interests: sewing(when I have time), reading and camping

Favorite Music: country unless I'm feeling nostalgic then I'll listen to metal

Favorite Color(s): black, blue, red

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: walking with the kids, shopping

What are your fitness/health goals? To regulate my hormones. I have PCOS

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Realizing my baby was almost 1 and I still looked like I just had him.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Staying away from junky foods.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? I need to start exercising on a regular basis. I need to try to eat more veggies.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? I would love to look better than any of my sisters.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Shorts that don't come down to my knees.
Old 07-20-2005, 12:38 PM   #57  
Melanie

Screen Name: Meldiggety

Age/Age Range: 25

Family Life: Married for 4 years & have one baby boy who is a year and a half. Love my family!

Hobbies and Interests: Singing, writing poetry, acting, reading, nature

Favorite Music: Everything but hard core rap and death medal!

Favorite Color(s): Purple & blue

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Tae Bo

What are your fitness/health goals? To lose 50 lbs, lose body fat & get my good cholesterol up in the process!

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I guess I was just sick and tired of being sick and tired about my weight....I realized how badly I needed to do this for myself because I haven't been living to the fullest with this extra weight on me!

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Probably just plain old will power - I am a foodaholic....love food, the way it tastes, the way it makes me feel, but I hate how I feel after overeating! Also, trying to find time to exercise is a challenge with the baby

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? I need to eat to live, not live to eat. I need to be better about forgiving myself for making a bad choice every once in awhile, so that I can move forward. I need to weigh myself less often!

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? Hmmm.....myself, in high school - LOL!

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Anything as long as it's in a size 6 or 8!
Old 07-21-2005, 10:27 AM   #58  
mmmm.. ice cream

S/C/G: 238/135/125

Height: 5'4"

Screen Name: cadwell125

Age/Age Range: 25

Family Life: married, no kids yet

Hobbies and Interests: camping, fitness, reading, sitting for hours at starbucks.

Favorite Music: musicals

Favorite Color(s): blue and yellow

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: elliptical 30-45 min., crunches, weight-lifting

What are your fitness/health goals? exercise at least 5 times a week, eat healthy/fresh foods, lose 50-65 more pounds

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? ugly incident with my husband involving some star wars dark chocolate m&ms.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? wanting too much too soon, anxiety about stresses in life.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? going to the gym more, getting discouraged over not losing weight quickly enough, sleeping normal hours.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : those skinny chicks at the gym

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? my old "i'll fit into this in two weeks so i'll buy it" clothes i bought towards the end of my last diet, borrow my best friend's clothes, and triangle bikini tops.
Old 07-23-2005, 02:26 PM   #59  

Screen Name: Jawsmom

Age/Age Range: 36

Family Life:
Married to my high school sweetheart (who, by the way, WASN'T my college sweetheart!), three children - Jake and Addie are 4 year old twins, Will is 6 (hence, "JAW's mom)

I've been a SAHM for the last 2/12 or so years. Prior to that I spent 11 years with a cellular company in accounting/finance/management

Hobbies and Interests:
I love to cook and entertain, I've recently gotten pretty handy around the house (Yea! for Home and Garden TV.) and enjoy piddling on little projects, obviously, whatever my kids are into at any given time. Right now it is swimming, soccer, and tae kwon do.

Favorite Music:
It depends on my mood and what I'm doing. Country music is probably the only genere that I DON'T listen to on a regular basis. But there is still some country songs that I enjoy.

Favorite Color(s):
Blue or Green. Oh, and purple and orange and....hmmm, guess I can't pick out a favorite color either.

I love taking classes at the gym. It doesn't really matter which one - I just like to try something new and keep at it until I'm good at it. Step is probably my all time favorite and the one I attend most regularly.

Although I am not a morning person I have recently gotten into the habit of being at the gym at 5:00 am - I am hooked. It feels so good to get home and know that nothing is going to get in the way of my workout but I still have the option of going on a nature or getting in some other leisurley activity.

I've met all of the health goals that I set back at 214 pounds. Right now I'm concentrating on shedding these last few pounds. Once I hit 135 I'll evaluate where I am and decide if what physical changes I want to make. Overall, I just want to be fit, healthy and able to live a long productive life.

My skinny sister who has eaten healthily and been active all her life had a heart attack last year. She battles all of the ailments prominent in my family - high blood pressure, high cholesterol in particular, neither of which she can control through diet or exercise. I just couldn't justfy purposely putting myself at risk for those things when I had missed the genetic bullet so to speak. That thought is what KEEPS me on plan. What GOT me on plan was the fact that grandmothers could buy hipper clothes than I could!

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health?
Probably exercise. I love to do it but I still have to talk myself into sometimes. Once I get going I'm so glad I forced myself to get moving and when I'm done I can never remember why it was that I tried to talk myself out of it.

My weight routine
Incorporating more "clean" foods
Learning to be aware of my diet and exercise without obsessing over it.

I just want to look better than I ever have before. I'm only 5'2" , I've had three kids, and I'm no spring chicken - at this point I've stopped comparing myself to other people and focus on being the best I can be. I regret not having had this attitude in my teens and 20's! Live and learn, I guess. Oh, but if I can manage to get a better body than my sister that would be a plus! LOL.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? I don't care what it is as long as it is a size 4. It has been a long time since I've had a pair of great fitting jeans. Once I reach my goal I fully intend to kiss off the Gap and shop the higher end brands until I find the perfect pair and splurge on them.
Old 07-27-2005, 11:31 PM   #60  
Skinny is a state of mind

S/C/G: 350/235/150

Height: 5'7"

Screen Name: RavenHairedFury

Age/Age Range: 21 next month

Family Life: Married 2 years together since we were 12. 2 kids 5 years and 14 months Military

Hobbies and Interests: Photography, collecting butterflies(I'm obsessed) walking, reading

Favorite Music: anything if its not rap or pop

Favorite Color(s): blue and black

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Pilates

What are your fitness/health goals? to get to 150.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I saw a full length picture of myself. I didn't actually think it was me at first...I didn't know how I got that fat.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Eating, Sometimes I just eat too much

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? walking more, lowering calories, and junk food

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : An old friend of mine, Jennifer. She thinks she is fat but she couldn't be more than 120 lbs. I want to look better than her

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? a dress my hubby got me for Christmas when we were dating.
Closed Thread