Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 12:47 PM   #541  
So close to onederland...

S/C/G: 271/ticker/160

Height: 5'-8"

Screen Name: Sprklemajik

Age/Age Range: 24

Family Life: married 1 year/no children

Hobbies and Interests: gardening, reading, riding on motorcycle (husband drives/I want to learn)

Favorite Music: rock

Favorite Color(s):green

Favorite Exercise/Workouts:stationary bike, jogging, yoga

What are your fitness/health goals? to come into a healthy weight/size

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? clothes not fitting and being sick of being a plus size, not being able to find clothes at "regular" stores

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? changing a lifelong habit, have been overweight whole life

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? being consistent and staying on plan, staying away from overindulgent sweets, learning correct portions

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? dunno,

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? shorts (and feel comfortable in them)
Old 07-27-2008, 04:25 PM   #542  

S/C/G: 200/169/150

Height: 5'4"

Thumbs up Hi!

Hi everyone, I thought I would go ahead and introduce myself. I don't officially start counting calories until tomorrow (last day of freedom!) but here goes:

Screen Name: ReadytoRun

Age/Age Range: 27

Family Life: Single

Favorite Color(s): Orange

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Elliptical, weight training, and running

What are your fitness/health goals? To drop 45 pounds! And finally be able to run far again!

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I saw some recent photographs of myself and was appalled.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Saying no to food and portion control

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Portion control, mindful eating, and drinking water

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than?: My ex-boyfriend's new girlfriend

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Cute tops for going out and a bikini again!
Old 07-27-2008, 11:41 PM   #543  
Kelsey

S/C/G: 233/232/160

Height: 5'8

Screen Name: I'm Kelsey

Age/Age Range: Just turned 24 this month

Family Life: I'm single and living with friends

Occupation: A student, but only for a few more months, then it's on to the "Real" world!! Yikes! I'd like to be healthy for that!

Hobbies and Interests: I'm a huge book nerd, love movies, anything outside, swimming, camping, golfing, reading a book outside is always the best

Favorite Music:Anything country, but i'm getting into artists like Damian Rice, Iron & Wine, Joshua Randin

Favorite Color(s):Red

Favorite Exercise/Workouts:Swimming

What are your fitness/health goals? To be able to run and play sports with my friends, i seem to be the only out of shape one so i'm always holding cell phones and sunglasses, I want to be the one playing! Also I'd like to start eating healthy, cut out most of the processed food in my diet.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Gosh darn pictures, I used to think I looked good in pictures and was ok with my weight but anymore I can't take one with out the double chin and the giant arms and big gut, I am not a happy camper.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Moving! getting up and doing something, If i have free time I like to catch up on my reading, nap, i'm not an active person and I think that makes a huge difference.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Actually exercising, not eating out so much, and trying to eat healthier.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? haha as long as I am no longer the fat friend, I'll be happy...but there is this girl that weighs just slightly less than I do that I would like to look better then, she's got the confidence that I crave and I think with a little work I can have it because I will look hotter

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Heels!! I think a huge part of me not being able to wear them is that I'm so clumsy at this weight and my legs are weak and my feet are too swollen half the time.
Old 07-30-2008, 02:50 AM   #544  

S/C/G: 285/275.4/139

Height: 5'10

Screen Name: stacysreadytolose

Age/Age Range: almost 27 - 3 weeks

Family Life: Single mom of 3 year old girl

Hobbies and Interests: reading, music, getting into yoga

Favorite Music: classic rock but I like everything

Favorite Color(s): blue

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: yoga, getting ready to start Turbo Jam

What are your fitness/health goals? I want to get healthy, I want to lose 150 lbs.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I don't feel comfortable in my clothes, I am embarrassed all the time of what/who I am, and I can't play with my daughter without getting winded.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Staying motivated. I have a weakness with soda, and portion control.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? portion control, motivation, and just about everything

Who do you want to look better than? : A girl I knew from high school.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? nothing but a smile. lol
Old 07-30-2008, 05:38 PM   #545  

S/C/G: 307/277/TBA

Height: 5'5"

Screen Name:
Redheaded I am

Age/Age Range:

Family Life:
Divorced, a 10-year-old son, and engaged to an Army man

Adult Education within the Criminal Justice System

Hobbies and Interests:
Hanging out with my son, reading, nature, arts & crafts, quiet time with myself. Oh, and I'm a Harry Potter maniac and a Star Trek: Next Generation nut.

Favorite Music:
I will forever be a child of the 80's!!! Add to that Carlos Nakai, Will Clipman, the Killdares, and some 70's music (Fleetwood Mac, Eagles, Stevie Nicks, etc.) Also some of what falls under the heading "Adult Contemporary".

Favorite Color(s):
Fuschia and bright blue

Favorite Exercise/Workouts:

Walking in nature. Everything else is a chore...for right now.

What are your fitness/health goals?
I want to be able to climb/hike to Airport Mesa in Sedona without any help, and without having a heart attack. Once I'm there I'll watch the sun set. In general, I want to be able to freely hike in nature. Also, I want my feet to stop hurting.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit?
I actually lost 94 pounds on Atkins a few years ago. It would take too long to talk about why they went back on. I've been moving this direction for a while (gave up soda...been eating whole foods for a lot of my food). Now I've decided to go all the way and lose the weight for once and for all.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health?
Eating too much. I'm an emotional eater, but beyond that I'm a budding foodie who genuinely likes to eat and experience food.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve?
1) I feel hunger a lot. I want to eat a lot.
2) I need to exercise more. A lot more. It's really hot and sticky right now, so that's my dumb excuse.
3) Did I mention I feel hungry?

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? :
Honestly, my worst battles are with myself. I want to look better than I do right now.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size?
I want to easily find cute capris with all the pockets, tabs, etc. I also want to be able to shoe shop based on what I like, not based on what will fit my chunky foot.
Old 07-31-2008, 12:45 AM   #546  

S/C/G: 275/265.8/125

Height: 5'0

Default Hey New here

Screen Name: Kayhm0711

Age/Age Range: 20

Family Life: Engaged but not getting married for awhile I am in school at this time. I also have a 1 year old daughter her name is Emma.

Occupation: Bill Collector at this time. Going to school to be a Elementary School Teacher.

Hobbies and Interests: Volleyball, Softball, Working Out, Scrap Booking, Taking pictures.

Favorite Music: Anything I listen to all types

Favorite Color(s):Pink

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Pilates

What are your fitness/health goals? To lose atleast 100lbs or more and maintain that weight once I get there.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? When I didn't feel comfortable in my clothes and when I went to an amusement park and fell like I could barely fit on a rollercoaster.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Staying away from Pizza, and sometimes binging.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Staying more commited to exercise and staying away from junk foods.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : My sister in law because she thinks she is the hottest thing out there lol. Makes me sick!

__________________ Everything all clothing. I would still never wear a bikini because I had a 9 lb 11 oz baby and my belly is never going to be the same without surgery.

Last edited by Kayhm0711; 07-31-2008 at 12:45 AM.
Old 08-05-2008, 11:13 PM   #547  

S/C/G: 189/186/179

Height: 5' 4"

Screen Name: Melly30

Age/Age Range: almost 31 on the 19th of August

Family Life: Married with kids! lol Married 14 1/2 yrs. 2 kids ages 13 & 8.

Hobbies and Interests: Reading, crocheting, yoga, visiting plantations . I love history!

Favorite Music: Love all kinds of music but nothing involving teen pop.

Favorite Color(s): pink , black, orange, and browns of any shade.

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Right now I just walk in the afternoon and just started yoga on Mondays.

What are your fitness/health goals? Eat better, live better, exercise more.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? When I quit smoking at the end of June this summer, and started putting on more weight.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Overeating when I feel a ciggarette craving or just when I'm bored. Nite time over eating is the worst for me.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? stop eating empty calories, eat the right foods, stop over eating the wrong foods

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? :Kayla.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? fitted shirts and skinny jeans and corsets!
Old 08-07-2008, 09:22 PM   #548  

Height: 5'8"

Screen Name: Sarkeo

Age/Age Range: 25

Family Life: Single and looking.

Hobbies and Interests: Too many to mention.

Favorite Music: Pop music, classic rock, classical

Favorite Color(s): Blue

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: walking

What are your fitness/health goals? Toned and fit

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I got up and said that I am tired of being fat.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Exercising and eating right on the weekends.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Eating more fruits and vegetables, exercising and...

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : Myself

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? skinnier jeans, shorts and swimming suit
Old 08-12-2008, 11:25 AM   #549  

Screen Name: egypt girl

Age/Age Range: 32

Family Life: Married, 5 kids

Hobbies and Interests: reeding

Favorite Music: non

Favorite Color(s): green

Favorite Exercise/Workouts turbo jam
Old 08-13-2008, 09:18 PM   #550  
Mom to 2 beautiful boys!

S/C/G: 331/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Screen Name: OSU2k1
Family Life:Hubby (30), Chandler (3) & new baby Lincoln (6 wks)
Occupation:WAHM- I work for my mom's company, in the Nautral Food Industry.
Hobbies and Interests: Knitting, Crochet, Singing, Movies, TV, playing with the bambinos, surfing the net.
Favorite Music: Aerosmith, U2, Barenaked Ladies, Kutless, Casting Crowns
Favorite Color(s): Blue & Orange
Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Walking and lifting right now.
What are your fitness/health goals? My ultimate goal is to be at the high end of the "healthy" body fat % range. But 150 is a nice number for me, over 1/2 my weight would be gone! But short term, 250.
What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I had baby #2, and we are done. Plus my dad, who was my best friend, dropped dead of an apparent heart attack at 58 (2 yrs ago). He was a 6x, had high BP, and was very sedentary. So I don't want to be like him in that way, other ways, not a problem. He was awesome.
What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Weight is huge for me. I have accepted it a while ago that I was "meant" to be fat. But now I know I don't have to be!! I can change it. It will be tough as **** but it's worth seeing my future great grand babies!
What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Watching portions, getting/staying motivated, late night snacking!
(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : All my friends! I want to be the hottie that DH deserves to be married to! He loves me no matter what, and I am already smaller than when we began dating, but I want to be a MILF!!
What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? A single digit size! I would love a bikini, but I am afraid I won't have the guts! I would love to shop anywhere, so that's a huge thing!

Last edited by osu2k1; 08-13-2008 at 09:21 PM.
Old 08-14-2008, 01:43 AM   #551  

S/C/G: 190/178/120

Height: 5'5"

Screen Name: CaffeineIV

Age/Age Range: 30's but only admit to 28

Family Life: Married 11 years now, 2 boys 7 and 4.5 years old

Hobbies and Interests: Photography, horseback riding, art, and because I have boys...trains are forced upon me.

Favorite Music: I have a wide variety of favourites. Love classical as I did ballet for 10.5 years, love some of the 80's music, oh all sorts of things.

Favorite Color(s): depends on what we are talking about. Favourite colour in shirts, paint, or what...don't really have one specific favourite.

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: none right now, can't really exercise as the pool at the Y is closed and I can't get a membership till Sept (10th anniversary so they should have sales galore). I can't walk or do much else because of a car crash a year ago and back pain still.

What are your fitness/health goals? Well, I'd like to be able to keep up with the boys no matter what they are doing.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit?
I didn't really have one. I decided to go on a diet with my best friend who is morbidly obese and though I'm considered obese...I don't look it with clothes on. I want to lose some weight though, I'm going to England for 10 days to meet a bunch of people I only know online.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Chocolate, it knows my name and it has a very loud demanding voice. Oh, that and the inability to exercise. I love to exercise, I really do...I used to run 5 miles a day years ago but then I developed epilepsy, had 2 kids, got rear-ended by a guy speeding and not looking where he was going. You know how it goes.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Umm...I need to continue to diet, I need to start to exercise, and I need to keep exercising. How's that.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : I'd like to be able to stand next to my sister and not feel like I might be nearing 2 of her. She is the sort who came over to my house when I was 7 months pregnant with hypertension (swelling so bad that you could poke me and there would be a dent for hours) and for some reason felt she had to bring clothes to try on AT MY HOUSE. Then, she came out and complained that a size 4 seemed a bit big. Ugh.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? I'd like to wear a skirt that isn't down to my feet...or anything that shows my knees. Really, I'd mostly just like to be able to go into a store, see something I think is cute and have a chance of actually being able to wear it without getting depressed with how horrible I look.
Old 08-19-2008, 12:11 PM   #552  

S/C/G: 222/ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

Default Hello.

Screen Name: Shawski

Age/Age Range: 25

Family Life: Married, no kids

Hobbies and Interests: Art, reading, Football, Swimming, LAX

Favorite Music: Little bit of everything

Favorite Color(s): Blue, Red, Black

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Walking/ Swimming

What are your fitness/health goals? To loose 55lbs and KEEP it off. Also - to get my metabolism moving. I went on diet pills pretty hard in college, and my metabolism ceased to do a whole lot after that.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I need to wear a wetsuit in Florida in January to go swimming with the dolphins on my belated Honeymoon.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? People at work eating like poop and dragging me down with them! Also stress - stress makes me munch a lot - and I'm working 2 jobs and starting my second Masters in a few weeks so... stress is my friend.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Stop munching, get up in the morning earlier to exercise before work, stop letting my husband talk me into "going off" the diet for a day or two - which always turns into like a week.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : My high school self

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? The plethora of short plaid skirts I love and adore from high school/ college.
Old 08-22-2008, 12:49 AM   #553  

S/C/G: 259/247/150

Height: 5'6

Red face it is me...ernest t!

Screen Name: mrs dorson

Age/Age Range: 46

Family Life: married, no kids, DH incarcerated

Hobbies and Interests: reading, movies, crafts, shopping, learning

Favorite Music: any and all

Favorite Color(s): PINK!

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: elliptical and stepper, balance ball

What are your fitness/health goals? to be at a healthy weight/lower blood pressure

my DH asked why i didnt dress "nicer" and i said the first thing that came to mind....cause i am fat and nothing looks good anyway. needless to say i was shocked that i was so honest and my DH was speechless. he is NEVER at a loss for words.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health?
patience and perservance

water intake
portion distortion
boring recipes

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? :

me at any adult weight

levis
sleeveless tops
heels (my feet/ankles swell badly now from sitting at work all day)
fitted sundress
snug sweater (with no pooch hanging out below the boobs)
nothing with a X in the size
Old 08-26-2008, 02:19 PM   #554  

Screen Name: CreatingANewMe

Age/Age Range:45

Family Life:Married, 3 Kids

Hobbies and Interests:PSPing, Internet, Reading, GH, Games

Favorite Music:All Types

Favorite Color(s):Burgandy, Black,

Favorite Exercise/Workouts:Curves, Wii Fit, Leslie Sansone

What are your fitness/health goals? Lose weight

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Can't stand looking at myself

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Emotional Eating

1. Learn to say No
2.Don't buy it or make it if it causes me to over eat
3.Stick to a plan

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : My ex's wife

My bathing suit
Old 08-27-2008, 08:16 PM   #555  

Just saying hi. Actually I want to see if I did the profile correct and what my posts look like. I'm not very computer savy! Here for support for wt loss. I've ALWAYS struggled with my weight. Right before I got pregnant I was on ANOTHER diet and then I ended up gaining like 60 lbs with this pregnancy!! I'm down to were I was before I got preggers (took a year) but now I need to loose that same weight that's been hanging in there for my whole life.
Closed Thread