3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Calorie Counters

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2008, 01:35 AM   #436
Just Starting Out...

S/C/G: 185/180/145

Height: 5'9.5"

Wink Hii, newbie here :)

Screen Name: Tanisha Renee...wait a sec did you mean AIM? I dunno. whatevs.

Age/Age Range: 18

Family Life: Huh? i'm the oldest kid. does that answer that?

Hobbies and Interests: Music, Writing, Time with God, Music, etc

Favorite Music: Alternative at the moment, and of course POP!

Favorite Color(s): Ocean Colors. I want a room full of those colors...mmm

Favorite Exercise/Workouts:
NONE. Actually I like the treadmill. I think its because I can just run and listen to music and not actually think too much about it. My mind is Freeeee

What are your fitness/health goals?
To be about 140. I have a long way to go....Health and fitness wise, I want toned arms, no belly of course, and just overall better eating habits. I don't like eating out and thats a prob cause i'm constantly on the run and ordering out is like the norm for me. ARGH...

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit?
I lost weight, and I was able to fit into a size 8 jean comfortably. The other day I went shopping and I bought an 11.
I hate shopping for clothes, because EVERYTHING seems to fit wrong. But i love clothes and fashion, and shopping would be much more enjoyable and cheaper if i was thinner

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health?
Exercising. I hate it.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve?
Exercising EVERY Day, at least 30 min. I barely get through 10 most of the time.......Also just cutting out french fries altogether. And burgers too. And pizza along with that. Or at least pizza in moderation.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? :
My best friend its a long story, but she's not even fit. At all, I mean this girl eats candy bars for breakfast. But I just want to look better than her. Is that wrong? prob in some way....whatevs.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size?
OH MY GOODNESS....a plain white size SMALL or Medium t-shirt (weird right, but anyways), with skinny jeans and my vans.

andddd a bikini for once in my life...nothing too revealing though...
Old 01-18-2008, 11:51 AM   #437

S/C/G: 180/178/155

Height: 5'7

screen name judy1955
married with 2 beagles and an african grey parott
occupation licensed optician
love to travel and paint and anything to do with crafts
did south beach diet and weight watchers and now counting calorie and fat and really liking it.
Old 01-18-2008, 11:53 AM   #438

wanted to add my weight tracker is not correct. i redid t but not showing up. does anyone know how i can get the new one on here
Old 01-18-2008, 12:08 PM   #439

ok tracker is correct. finally figured it out!!

Last edited by judy1955; 01-18-2008 at 12:09 PM.
Old 01-18-2008, 06:58 PM   #440
Get Through The Moment

S/C/G: 227/218/140

Height: 5'4.5

Default New Here Hello Everyone

Screen Name: Goodbyethighs

Age/Age Range: 27

Family Life: Married 2 boys

Occupation: Full Time College Student (I just started this week ! I'm so excited)

Hobbies and Interests: Spending time with family

Favorite Music: All

Favorite Color(s): Purple

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Walking

What are your fitness/health goals? Weight of 140 - Overall health and more energy

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Going to college with all of those "tiny" girls

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? being consistant

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? eating more fruits & veggies regular exercise - taking it one moment at a time - I have learned to slow down and get through the moments not the day

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : My sister in law's

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? shorts with a cute top - oh and PRETTY panties & bras!!

Old 01-19-2008, 10:03 AM   #441

S/C/G: 217/212/160

Height: 5'4

Screen Name: Elenwen

Age/Age Range: 19

Family Life: I live with my boyfriend. My dad and stepmom live in either Oklahoma or Texas at the moment (my dad is in the Montana ANG, he's stationed in Texas, but they have him going to Oklahoma to recruit people for his unit). My sister lives with our grandparents in Mississippi because she's a senior in high school and my parents didn't want her schooling messed up because they have to go back and forth. My stepbrothers live in Fresno, California. My mom and stepdad live in Montana, along with my half-sister and another one of my stepbrothers, and my OTHER stepbrother and stepsister live in California.

Hobbies and Interests: I like a whole bunch of random things, and can normally carry on a conversation about just about anything. I like to read and write. My favorite author is tied between J. M. Barrie and J. R. R. Tolkien. I'm trying to learn how to quilt, though it's rather hard with no materials . I love to scrapbook and cross-stitch. I also play the violin (badly, as I haven't practiced in like a year), the piano, and I sing.

Favorite Music: I listen to anything, really. My iTunes has music ranging from Renaissance chansons to System of a Down and Timbaland.

Favorite Color(s): Orange and red.

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: I love doing yoga, though it's difficult to do it on my own because I get bored watching the tape. I need to join another yoga class. I also like doing pilates. I ride my bike and I walk.

What are your fitness/health goals? I want to get to the size I was in high school. I hate being nineteen and feeling like I'm older. I want to be able to get out and run and play with my boyfriend's daughter without losing my breath five minutes in. I want to be able to go to the gym and not feel ashamed. Same with the doctor's, I've been putting off going to the doctor because I'm afraid to hear him actually say, "You're obese and need to lose weight."

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I hit size eighteen, when I had always said I would never go above a sixteen.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? SUGAR! I am SO addicted to sugar. And I have no self control, it's not like I can sit down and eat just one cookie, nope. If I have one cookie, then the entire cookie jar gets eaten.

1. Portion sizes.
2. We need to eat more vegetables.
3. We need to eat less carbs and sugars.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : My sister. She's beautiful. >.<

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Lingerie

Old 01-19-2008, 10:59 PM   #442
Susan-Marie

S/C/G: 206/206/150

Height: 5'3&3/4"

Screen Name: soozeebg

Age/Age Range: 41

Family Life: married 5yrs this Aug. total together is 7 this Aug. with 3 girls, 14, 11 & 5...we also have 3 cats.

Hobbies and Interests: family law, photography, dancing, karaoke, music, computer, internet & tv/movies.

Favorite Music: country #1 but I do like other stuff.

Favorite Color(s): purple

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: none...lol. I do have a stepper so far.

What are your fitness/health goals?: loose 50 pounds if not 60.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? :

I have had enough of not being touched by my husband. That and finally getting a REAL GOOD look at myself in my new mirror on my new dresser....and the size 20 pants I have to wear. I am also so very tired of my husband going on about what I shouldnt eat.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health?: just doing it....specially alone...I'm the only fat one in my family.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve?: how much I eat, what I eat & exercising.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : my husband.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size?: 14 or even 12 in anything...lol. I havent been that size in many many years.

Soozee

Last edited by soozeebg; 01-19-2008 at 11:09 PM.
Old 01-21-2008, 02:36 AM   #443

S/C/G: 145/145/115

Height: 5'5"

Screen Name: Pandora981

Age/Age Range: 26

Family Life: married with a three year old

Hobbies and Interests:movies, my daughter, anything to do with food

Favorite Music:everything but country

Favorite Color(s):chocolate

Favorite Exercise/Workouts:I don't know any exercises or workouts!! HELP!!

What are your fitness/health goals? I want to be back to my size three to size 5 jeans. close to 30 lbs

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I am in a new job working for the most health concious family i have ever met

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? frustration and food

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? EVERYTHING!

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : my sisters

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? my old jeans!!
Old 01-21-2008, 03:34 PM   #444

S/C/G: 152.5/148/135

Height: 5'6

Screen Name:Lunatun

Age/Age Range:37

Family Life:single

Hobbies and Interests:reading, my dog, hanging out with friends

Favorite Music:all

Favorite Color(s)urple, green, red

Favorite Exercise/Workoutsilates

What are your fitness/health goals?135 lbs

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I just kept gaining weight. My job is stressful and I am emotional eater, so...it was time, plus I started not fitting into clothes.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Not binging and regular exercise

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? motivivation, motivation, motivation

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? People at work and my sister :

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? size 6
Old 01-21-2008, 04:30 PM   #445

Screen Name: SoldiersWife821

Age/Age Range: 38

Family Life: Married

Hobbies and Interests: Movies/Books etc.

Favorite Music: Alternative Christian

Favorite Color(s): Pink

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Christian Yoga

What are your fitness/health goals? to lose weight and feel great in 2008!!

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? no trigger

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health?

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? :

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size?
Old 01-22-2008, 12:05 AM   #446

Screen Name: cassieroll

Age/Age Range: 38

Family Life: married/kids/animals/etc

Hobbies and Interests: my family, reading, cooking

Favorite Music: Anything that makes me feel good.

Favorite Color(s): pink

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Walking

What are your fitness/health goals?: To get rid of my IR/PCOS and IBS by eating a healthier diet.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Having my endocrinologist point out my family's history of diabetes and then telling me I am IR.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? The key to improving my health is to lose some weight but because of the PCOS I lose weight very slowly. I get discouraged. Since I've been to see the endo though I understand the WHY on how my body is the way it is and I'm ok with a goal of 1 pound per month.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Mostly just improving my mind to remember that my very slow weight loss is just fine.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : Myself a year ago.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? I'm not motivated by size or a number on the scale. I'm motivated by health so I don't really care about wearing or not wearing something.

Last edited by cassieroll; 01-22-2008 at 12:05 AM.
Old 01-24-2008, 03:22 PM   #447

S/C/G: 167/159/140

Height: 5'11"

Screen Name: plslade

Age/Age Range: 30

Family Life: married (2 daughters)

Hobbies and Interests: art, cooking, sewing, playing with my 2 kids

Favorite Music: hippie bluegrass

Favorite Color(s): orange and pink

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: anything FUN!

What are your fitness/health goals? to look and feel GREAT!

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? my "fat" pants got too tight

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? finding fun exercises and eating late at night... bedtime snacking

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? see above

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : the women at the beach who don't have kids!

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? a bikini and tennis skirt (my butt won't allow that right now)
Old 01-25-2008, 05:46 AM   #448

S/C/G: 290 - 263 - 145

Height: 5'4"

Screen Name: happykins!

Age/Age Range: 27

Family Life: Engaged to wonderful man

Hobbies and Interests: Playing games online, crocheting, lurking forums

Favorite Music: Everything for the most part. Blatant disrespect kind of songs are a nono for me

Favorite Color(s): Too many to list!

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Dancing

What are your fitness/health goals? To lose weight and be healthier - be happy and more confident helps too

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? DF and I want a baby in the next few years

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Being diagnosed with MS makes exercise a feat

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? No more soda Eat more veggies. Stay away from peanut butter until I can control myself around it.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : Myself about 5 years ago (was 180 then)

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Wear lingerie for my fiance - he has stuck with me between being just overweight all the way through almost 300 lbs and back down and up. I realize looks isn't everything but its the one thing I never gave him because I was so self conscious.

Last edited by happykins; 01-27-2009 at 04:42 AM.
Old 01-26-2008, 04:25 AM   #449
Determined

S/C/G: 260/266/180

Height: 5'6

Screen Name: twirlandswirl / Twirly

Age/Age Range: 22

Family Life: Engaged

Hobbies and Interests: Archaeology, music, writing

Favorite Music: Musicals / Broadway

Favorite Color(s): Blue and very dark green

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Walking with my fiance

What are your fitness/health goals? Improve my asthma, get to a healthy weight

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I'm getting married!

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Hormones and money- good for you food is expensive!

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? 1750 cals a day....

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : My sister

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? A bikini. I love showing skin, but I'm too ashamed to do it in public.
Old 01-28-2008, 03:39 PM   #450

S/C/G: 171/ticker/145

Height: 5' 6.5"

Screen Name:coldbrightday

Age/Age Range:25

Family Life: Live with my girlfriend of 6 years, and 2 housemates, one of whom is my little sister. Plus two dogs and a cat. It's a full house!!

Occupation: Research Assistant in an Alzheimer's Disease Center. Hopefully soon to be a nursing student.

Hobbies and Interests: Knitting, hiking, playing with my pooches, gardening, cooking, reading, renovating my 84 year old house. I'm starting to like running, too, which is a huge surprise.

Favorite Music: Oh, man, everything. Lately I'm listening to Feist and Regina Spektor a lot, but I also love hiphop. Kanye West's last album didn't leave my cd player for a solid week.

Favorite Color(s): Purple and gray.

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Treadmill, weightlifting, hiking, yoga.

What are your fitness/health goals? I want to be able to run 5K and not be dying. I'd like to have really good muscle definition, too. 140 lbs. seems like a reasonable number to aim for, but I'll reevaluate around 150. (Currently 162.)

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Not sure actually. I made that decision a long time ago, but I think it was seeing this site that convinced me I could really do it, and that it would take having a specific plan, rather than just generally eating healthy, which has sometimes worked for me in the past, but often not.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Accepting when I over eat a little and not giving up on the whole day and binging.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Avoiding baked treats, alcohol in moderation, increase the distance/time I can run.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : My sister.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? High boots! And sung fitting workout pants. (Not together... )

Last edited by coldbrightday; 01-28-2008 at 03:39 PM.
Closed Thread