Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 01:54 PM   #691  
Vates

S/C/G: 268/243/150

Height: 5"6

Screen Name: vates

Age/Age Range: 29

Family Life: I live with my boyfriend of 4 years

Occupation: Student, American Studies with an emphasize in sociology and a minor in Public Policy

Hobbies and Interests: Learning Spanish, bicycling, yoga, social justice, reading right now i am reading beloved it is amazing! I have also been reading a lot of Dickinson and Rossetti

Favorite Music: when it makes you feel something instead of nothing at all

Favorite Color(s): black green

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: kick boxing, weightlifting, yoga, pilates

What are your fitness/health goals? I would like to be able to keep up with life

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Everything is going great in my life, really great! but i still feel bad about my self. Plus i have recently had so back and heel pain with is all new to me

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? discipline

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Consistency, discipline and self love

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : my boyfriends Ex (oh man i know so pathetic)

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Spaghetti straps, fitted tees
Old 04-30-2009, 08:21 AM   #692  
Burn, Baby, Burn

S/C/G: 278/185/139

Height: 5'2"

Screen Name: Blackbirdz

Age/Age Range: zomg I'm 35 in October this year.

Family Life: I have a Husband of 4 years, a child of 4 1/2 years (heehee, I said yes to trying to making a baby, he had to work on getting me to marry again, why fix what wasn't broke, right?? )

Occupation: I am a work at home mom, I make stained glass and fused glass art and I dabble in watercolor pictures for Chicldren's rooms. I am also facepainting again.

Hobbies and Interests: Volunteer work, reading when I can, crafting, upcycling, health and nutrition

Favorite Music: I like soo much, I hate very little. But I once wore flannel and Doc Martin's and owned Nirvana on tape 'cause that was cool.

Favorite Color(s): The Primary, Secondary and Tertiary Colors. And black.

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: I struggle with this. I didn't used to, but I do now. But if I have to pick... pilates and callanetics, bike riding when I have a decent bike.

What are your fitness/health goals? I'd like to see 138. At that point I will have lost half my body weight.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Not getting that Sumo job was a bummer.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Motivation. After the first hundred pounds, it began to flag. Continuing exercise.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Drinking water consecutively, limiting my sweet tea and sour candy, and that exercise word

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : Relatively speaking, my ex husband. That's a great question lol

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Exactly what I wear now but smaller lol something not made by The Ozark Tent Company?
Old 05-01-2009, 02:29 AM   #693  

S/C/G: 245/Ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

Screen Name: Anti222

Age/Age Range: 26

Family Life: Living with my fiance, no children

Hobbies and Interests: Shopping, reading, computer games, music, friends, learning to speak Japanese

Favorite Music: J-pop, classic rock, classical

Favorite Colour(s): All colours. Every colour has it's place.

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Swimming, walking, cycling.

What are your fitness/health goals? Lose 72 lbs (maybe more) and get down to a UK size 10-12.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? No single trigger really, just so sick of unsuccessful shopping trips and feeling like a beached whale in everything I wear. The associated health risks aren't much fun to think about either.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Losing weight...

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Exercise more, stick to my diet, drink enough water.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than?: Myself

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size?: A cute dress...I think my legs only see sunlight for about 1 week out of a year
Old 05-05-2009, 01:48 AM   #694  

Location: Southeast Asia. That's why my postings look like middle of the night.

S/C/G: 178/177/??

Height: 5' 3.5"

Screen Name: DeterminedLisa

Age/Age Range: late 30s

Family Life: Married with 2 little girls

Hobbies and Interests: no time for anything else

Favorite Music: classical

Favorite Color(s): yellow

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: pilates. I enjoy strength training but I need
to do more cardio

What are your fitness/health goals? lose fat and keep it off

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? almost regaining all that I had lost 2 yrs ago

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? sugar cravings

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve?
less sugar, making exercise an automatic habit,

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? :

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size?
Anything I want, without having to think about if it's hiding me well enough.
Old 05-05-2009, 08:49 AM   #695  

S/C/G: 97/78/65 - 214/172/143

Height: 168cm - 5'6

Screen Name: merose

Age/Age Range: 25 tomorrow!

Family Life: wandering single

Hobbies and Interests: reading, film, family

Favorite Music: a variety

Favorite Color(s): blue

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: swimming, cycling

What are your fitness/health goals? to lose weight and feel fit for the first time in a long time

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? realising that I couldn't just go for a run anymore without feeling as though I would die.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? getting myself up off the couch (or from in front of the computer)

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? I need to change my eating habits, to have some self impetus when it comes to excersise, and to quit smoking.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than?: my friends who do not have to put any thought into what they put in their mouths. I am hoping that by the time they reach 30 their metabolisms will have caught up with them! (Just kidding, I wouldn't wish that on anyone)

My bridesmaids dress at my sister's wedding (maybe strapless!?!)

Last edited by merose; 05-05-2009 at 08:50 AM.
Old 05-06-2009, 12:18 PM   #696  

S/C/G: crazy/working/calm

Height: 5'8"

Screen Name:
Alexistrophic

Age/Age Range:
mid-20s

Family Life:
Swinging single

English Instructor

Hobbies and Interests:
Music, language acquisition.

Favorite Music:
Bach, Hindemith, Ravel, Metric

Favorite Color(s): orange, yellow, red

Favorite Exercise/Workouts:
Yoga

What are your fitness/health goals?
To stop bingeing

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit?
Coming back here one year later and being 2kgs heavier.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health?
Sugar and carb cravings.

No more bingeing, staying within my cal range, and doing yoga every day.

Myself, last year.

Sleeveless tops.
Old 05-09-2009, 12:34 AM   #697  
Not giving up!

S/C/G: 207/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Screen Name: katsb

Age/Age Range: 23

Family Life: living with my fiance

Hobbies and Interests: reading, the internet, hanging out with my friends/fiance/mom

Favorite Music: musicals

Favorite Color(s): purple

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: weight training, stationary bike

What are your fitness/health goals? be thinner, be healthy

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Just a general sense that I need to lose weight and be healthier, I just hope I stick with it this time.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? eating too much/ badly and wanting to give up on exercise.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Do more cardio, eat less sweets, eat less overall.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : No one in particular, but I want to be closer to the weight range of my friends.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? I want to be comfortable wearing things besides t-shirts and long pants.
Old 05-09-2009, 09:56 AM   #698  

S/C/G: 218.8/218.8/150

Height: 5'4

Default New Chick intro

Screen Name: Zaandreea

Age/Age Range: 29

Family Life: Married no children

Hobbies and Interests: Gardening (allergies permitting), Home improvement, Singing

Favorite Music: My tastes a quite varied: Rock, Classical, Jazz, Funk, and the Blues.

Favorite Color(s): Orange/Yellow/Purple

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Currently, anything that gets me moving.

What are your fitness/health goals? -My goal is to have a healthy BMI and I'd like to get down to 180 maybe lower.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? My trigger was finding a box of cloths from 2007 that I wore when I was 180. I didn't realize that I was so small then. I want to wear those cloths again.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? - Over eating due to stress, celebration, depression.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Portion control, Exercising on a more regular basis, and being patient with myself.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Jean capris and a stylish shirt.

Michelle
Old 05-10-2009, 12:09 PM   #699  

S/C/G: 165/162/135

Height: 5'5-1/2"

Screen Name: Live Aloha

Age/Age Range: 49 years old (really!)

Family Life: Married 30 years, one son, grandmother-to-be (August, 2009)

Hobbies and Interests: Gardening, Reading, Cooking

Favorite Music: Jazz, Latin/Samba

Favorite Color(s): Whatever is going in my garden

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Treadmill, Eliptical, Free Weights

What are your fitness/health goals? To be consistent and thoughtful about what I cook and eat; no excuses such as "too busy to exercise."

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? My weight keeps re-setting 5 pounds higher at an alarming rate!

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Lack of planning meals in advance combined with long hours at work leads to poor food choices.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Counting calories (any advice from those using mobile devices such as palm pilot to help journal and track calories?)

Start using my gym membership again!

Portion control and more frequent meals

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Most of my clothes do not fit and I'm not willing to buy a larger size. So, most of my closet is waiting for me!
Old 05-13-2009, 05:24 AM   #700  

S/C/G: 230/219.5/160

Screen Name: Grae

Age/Age Range: 32 in a week

Family Life: Married 12 1/2 years, have had 4 kiddos, our one son passed in 1997. We have 3 daughters aged 13 1/2, 9, and 19 months.

Hobbies and Interests: Reading, Jewelry making, Herbology, Aromatherapy, Funky Crafts

Favorite Music: World and New Age

Favorite Color(s): Usually sage green with some brown and black here and there

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Stationary Bike, Walking, Poi (not technically a workout but it is to me!)

What are your fitness/health goals? I'd like to kick junk cravings in the butt, learn to drink a lot more water, and learn to look forward to exercise. I am hoping to "cure" my PCOS by losing weight.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I don't know. I have tried and stopped so many times I lost count. I gained over 100 lbs at 17 when I was pregnant with my first daughter due to severe full blown toxemia. I lost some, then had more pregnancies, etc. I never gained much back, but never did lose that last 70 lbs. My husband I are renewing our vows in October and I'd like to look at least a little better than I do now! No trigger really...I am just done.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? My circle of friends are not supportive...

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Exercise regularly and be more active in general, learn the word moderation , educate myself more on meal planning.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? I can't WAIT to wow my hubby with some sexy lil thang ... I don't care WHAT it is as long as it is smaller LOL Everyday note....tank tops and SHORTS...I haven't worn shorts in over 10 years!

Last edited by grae; 05-13-2009 at 05:25 AM.
Old 05-15-2009, 11:29 AM   #701  
"Welcome to Onderland"

S/C/G: 210/199/130

Height: 5' 3"

Thumbs up (not so) Little ol' me

Screen Name: Ready 4 a change

Age/Age Range: 24

Family Life: 2 boys

Hobbies and Interests: Rollerblading, Reading, playing my flute

Favorite Music: anything....

Favorite Color(s):Magenta/Black combo

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Rollerblading walking with others

What are your fitness/health goals? I want to be healthy for my kids.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit?
I finally saw myself as being disgusting.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Temptation, fo course....portion control.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Frequency, Intensity, and Changing it up

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : The Me from the past

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Shorts, and cute shirts
Old 05-15-2009, 04:34 PM   #702  

S/C/G: 254/ticker/170

Talking Me, and then some.

Screen Name: Nonnahs

Age/Age Range: 29 (30 in October, ack!)

Family Life: Divorced with no children (thankfully), though that's an interesting story in itself! I've married the same man twice and am technically still married to him. He's my best friend, you see, so it's a very interesting life.

Occupation: Graduate student and server at The California Pizza Kitchen

Hobbies and Interests: Reading, movies, gaming of all sorts

Favorite Music: All kinds, though nothing with screaming, if you please.

Favorite Color(s): Greens and Blues... though I've become oddly fascinated with Pink. It's true! I've never been a pink kind of girl.

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: When I can drag myself to the gym, I actually rather like the elliptical machine. I've always loved swimming, but I haven't in ages because I so dislike wearing a swim suit.

What are your fitness/health goals? Geez... be able to MOVE and not feel winded. I want to be able to run! What? I hate running! But I want to be able to, I want to love it.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? There was no true trigger, just a gradual wanting of something better for myself, being fed up with limiting myself based on how I look and how I feel about how I look.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Emotional Eating! Period. I need to get used to smaller portion sizes, too, but truly... the whole eating whenever I'm upset or down is a killer.

1. Eating when I'm hungry and not because I'm lonely/sad/bored.
2. I need to weight train. I could be so strong (inside and out) if I just tried.
3. I need to streeeeeeetch! Use it or lose it!

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : Hmm. I want to look better than Courtney. She's gorgeous!

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Dresses!!! I haven't worn a dress in years and years.
Old 05-19-2009, 10:27 PM   #703  
Getting healthy again!!

S/C/G: 204/199/140

Height: 5'2.5"

Default Switching over to calorie counting

Screen Name:
Cebsme
Age/Age Range:
Family Life:
Married for 7 years, 2 dogs, 3 cats (and one waiting at the rainbow bridge)
Housewife and part time college student
Hobbies and Interests:
Homesteading, cooking, watching TV
Favorite Music:
Christian Alternative (Red, Flyleaf, Three Stones, Hawk Nelson)
Favorite Color(s):
Aqua Blue, Deep Bright Pink
Walking, its peaceful
What are your fitness/health goals?
Lose weight, and get in better shape. Trying to get healthier to aid in fertility, also would love to start running.
No real trigger, just realizing for a long time that I NEED to get healthier
What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health?
Eating out of boredom
Exercising regularly, not getting caught up in fads, staying motivated
Myself at our wedding
I would love to get myself a 1950s vintage Lucy dress, but they are very hard to find in plus sizes
Old 05-27-2009, 05:09 PM   #704  

S/C/G: 180/174/120

Height: 5'0

Screen Name: Nigelswife

Age/Age Range: 32

Family Life: Husband, Son-10

Hobbies and Interests: Garden, shopping, piano

Favorite Music: Most everything

Favorite Colour(s): Red, purple, orange, green

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Walking, eliptical, biking

What are your fitness/health goals? Lose 45 lbs, get in shape.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I took my son swimming and saw myself in the mirror with my swim suit on.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Exercise

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Exercise-push myself, eat healthier, drink more water

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than?: I did before I got married. My hubby deserves a hot wife.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Swimsuit
Old 05-28-2009, 01:12 AM   #705  

S/C/G: 180/180/130

Height: 5'5

Screen Name: Tiffany529

Age/Age Range: 25

Family Life: I have been married to my wonderful husband for 4 years and I am mom to a beautiful 2 year old little girl.

Hobbies and Interests: couponing, photography, scrapbooking, going to sporting events with my hubby

Favorite Music: I like everything but I mostly listen to country.

Favorite Color(s): blue, pink

What are your fitness/health goals? I would like to lose 50lbs while become a more healthy person. I want to enjoy healthy eating and working out. I don't want to look at it like a chore.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I saw some pictures and on the day that they were took I actually thought that I looked good.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? I was raised eating junk my whole family is overweight it's a daily battle to make the right decisions.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? all of it

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than?

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? shorts, cute summer dresses

Last edited by Tiffany529; 05-28-2009 at 01:13 AM.
Closed Thread