Old 09-21-2011, 10:28 AM   #136  
Calorie Countin' Fool

S/C/G: 274/ticker/150 for now/137?

Height: 5'6"

Unna: We have similar calorie goals. I too try to stick to 1500-1600, but yesterday was closer to 1800 (darn cinnamon roll!). Unlike you, I didn't get all that great exercise though!

Jen: What's IF?

TD: thanks for giving me permission on the cinnamon roll, lol. Now, if I could just match your dedicaton to exercise, I wouldn't feel so guilty about it!

Farn: have you tried any of the Walk Away the Pounds videos with Leslie Sansone (I think that's her name.) I have one that uses resistance bands to also work your arms, so it's really a pretty good full-body workout. I'll admit I do get bored with that after a while too, but it's something to throw into the mix. I do like how they're very easy to follow. Even uncoordinated people like me can do it

Jiggle: Thanks It is a great reality

Anyone I missed: Happy hump day!

As for me: as I mentioned above, went over on caloires and didn't exercise (again) yesterday. When it's nice out, I'm happy enough to take the dog for a walk, but when it's crappy (like it was yesterday), I just don't have the motivation to work out inside. I know I'm just making excuses, but that's where I am right now.

Today should be much better. I have a good meal plan for the day and should come in on the low end of my budget to make up for yesterday a little. I'm also going to Zumba after work. Am glad to have at least one good "guaranteed" indoor workout scheduled for the next 12 weeks at least!
NorthernExposure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 12:08 PM   #137  
No more +sizes

Height: 5'4"

Good Day!!!
Had an awesome day yesterday. Came in under calories as well as got a 3.5 mile walk in on the treadmill after work. Today is going pretty well so far. No mishaps and I'm feeling really good.

KDM - As for the nuggets, I come up with most of them myself and two or three times I get them from somewhere else. I'm glad they motivate you that's the purpose of them. If you post them to fb that's pretty awesome.
Northern - I like the plan. I'm thinking about getting the Zumba videos. My little girl would have fun doing that with me.
RobertW - Welcome the our challenge. Hop on in...5lbs a week is steep but if you get it done HOORAY!!! Try not to overdo it so you don't get overwhelmed.
Unna - Thanks for the scale lesson I will try to remember that next time I get a notion to toss it out the window!!
Jen - Do you find you have a good loss when you do the IF? I was always curious about how that really works when you break the fasting. Do you end it with broth or how do you transition back to eating.
Tdiprincess - You are rocking those workouts. I'm sure your body is appreciating the care you are giving it!!!
Fruitlady - I think it may be the cold medicine too. Keep going you can press past it. You may get a whoosh when you stop taking them. If you do let me know in case I have to take something and get a gain I won't get all worked up. Also what are you taking?
Farn - I'm so happy to see you again. If you get some kettle bells you may like those. I have them and LOVE them. I don't do them as often as I used to because they make me hungry. How's the weather where you are, you could do some outdoor workouts. Do you have a jump rope?? That's fun too.

Today's Nugget
: Make sure you don't neglect daily recuperation time for your mind and your body. Rest and relaxation is just as important as the time and effort we put into eating healthy and working out. You will be amazed at the results you will see when you give your body proper down time.
jigglefree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 12:59 PM   #138  
Becoming a BEAST!

S/C/G: 161.6/161.6/120

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdiprincess View Post
Ekicna: Very nice work with the scale and eating OP!!

Me: Well Today was better than yesterday calorie-wise. Also exercise-wise. I walked about 2 miles according to my pedometer! I have to figure out where I'm at for miles..
I will be circuit training shortly with some zumba at the end. Just gotta let dinner settle
I will check in later!
Thanks and great job on the miles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdiprincess View Post
As for miles...
50miles down, 200 to go!

I ended up just doing 25mins of pretty tough circuit training and then a 5min stretch and cool-down!
Great job!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jendiet View Post
WELL, I think my last bout of circuit training did me in. That was the last time I worked out in well 2 weeks. My eating has been out of control. I don't know exactly which button i pushed, but I NEED to unpush it in a hurry.

Today, I practiced IF again, with my eating window being 5pm, and I actually did well despite the 2 1/2 cups of icecream. Pulled in 1500 calories, which is a little low for breastfeeding, but considering how HIGH i have been lately--its a good thing.
Congrats on the new baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertW View Post
Halloween Goal= <295# BWT

My plan:I am currently aiming for 1500-2000 (~100g protein) during the week, and going higher (3,600, my estimated maintenance at 242#) on Sat.-Sunday.

I am shooting for losing 5#/week initially.

In the gym I am lifting heavy 3xweek using free weights in a 5x5 scheme. I am using the eliptical trainer for Cardio.
Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernExposure View Post
As for me: as I mentioned above, went over on caloires and didn't exercise (again) yesterday. When it's nice out, I'm happy enough to take the dog for a walk, but when it's crappy (like it was yesterday), I just don't have the motivation to work out inside. I know I'm just making excuses, but that's where I am right now.

Today should be much better. I have a good meal plan for the day and should come in on the low end of my budget to make up for yesterday a little. I'm also going to Zumba after work. Am glad to have at least one good "guaranteed" indoor workout scheduled for the next 12 weeks at least!
Zumba is great, have fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigglefree View Post
Good Day!!!
Had an awesome day yesterday. Came in under calories as well as got a 3.5 mile walk in on the treadmill after work. Today is going pretty well so far. No mishaps and I'm feeling really good.
Great job!

Last edited by Ekicna; 09-21-2011 at 12:59 PM.
Ekicna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 08:15 PM   #139  

S/C/G: 196(HW220) /149.5/130

Height: 5'3"

Hey ladies!
My past couple days were on plan and I've been staying far away from any diet coke. Walked for an hour and a half yesterday, then an hour today. I signed up for a dance class and was supposed to have had the first class tonight, but when I got there it turned out that the class was cancelled! So I'm disappinted about that. I guess I'll have find another class to join instead.
SparkleBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 08:50 PM   #140  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

S/C/G: 173/118.6/110-115lbs.

Height: 5'3

jiggle- Thanks, just in case you need to take something for pain or a cold, I wanted to let you know that any medicine that has ibuprofen in it, does cause you to retain water, that's why the bottle says not to take it if you have high blood pressure. I gain about 2lbs of water when I take it, so I don't take it unless I'm in extreme pain. Now I'm taking Allegra D for my cold, I chose it because it doesn't contain ibuprofen. But maybe there is something else in it that would cause water retention.
tdi- Thanks, I'm staying on track!
Unna- thank you, I'm glad you told us about scales. I noticed my electronic one, reads a different weight depending on how cold or warm the sensors are, cold feet or hot feet effect it too!

Walked 33min & had 1397 calories. A little high on calories, it was all healthy food at least. Made a new recipe tonight and had to taste test it before the family digs into it!
fruitlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 10:12 PM   #141  
pursuer of joy

S/C/G: 198/170ish/160-???

Height: 5.6 on a tall day

Hi all. It looks like we're all up to the challenge and meeting goals!

It is wonderful to see y'all posting, and I am excited that there are more than just losing x number of lbs by x date goals. Much more fun this way!

I got in a 45 minute walk yesterday. I think I'm going to have to come up with Plan B since I didn't walk much in the summer due to the heat, and winter will be here soon (gosh, those are 2 realllly good excuses, huh?) ha

So weigh in was today. Down 2.2. I have posted that at 3 other challenges and it still excites me! 5.2 lbs in 2 weeks of calorie counting.

Counting calories--who knew it really IS that simple? That aspect gets lost, or intentionally hidden(!!!) in commercially promoted diet plans. I guess if they keep you in the dark, you keep paying for the product. Guilty. I will have to make a decision in November when my at-work subscription to WW ends. For now tho, I have to continue with meetings to get a promised partial rebate.

I'm loving the calorie counting.

So here is to another results filled week! Good luck all. Donna
124chicksinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 11:30 PM   #142  

S/C/G: 190/155/135

Height: 5'3"

Jen: It is very hard when we go through those times. If you think it was the circuit training, I know in my personal experience currently, that you will have to work up to it gradually. I limit myself to once a week right now and once cycle. I'm trying to get up to twice a week and then eventually twice in a row. It's good that you're back here and checking in! Take your time and get back to your normal routine!
Unna: Awesome work resisting the desserts! At least the breads were whole grain Seems like you're doing really awesome!!
Robert:
Northern: No problem !! As for exercise dedication.. it happens gradually!
I hope your zumba class goes well! I really do enjoy zumba
Jiggle: Awesome work with your exercise as well! I agree with the nugget as well! I was going to exercise a bit today, and I did technically walk 4miles during the day, but I decided not to do anything more. I think rest is very important!!
Ekicna: Thank you very much! It felt great once it was done!!
Sparkle: I'm sorry that the class was cancelled! That's pretty horrible
Fruit: Awesome work today! You are quite consistent!!
Donna: You are doing phenomenal! Keep it up. It will be a hard decision, but I'm sure you'll make the best choice for you.

I had an allright day with calories. It wasn't the healthiest food ever, but it went allright. I did enjoy my food though I had good onion rings and part of a small blizzard.
I didn't do formal exercise, just walked around town and the house. I ended up getting 4miles in!

54 miles down, 196 to go!!
tdiprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 01:05 AM   #143  

S/C/G: 170/153/??

Height: 5'9"

I am really enjoying this thread - everyone is so friendly and open and honest!

Farn: I had to give up alcohol - I could NEVER keep my calories under 2000 with alcohol and the little snacks that go with it, even if I had previously eaten a lower number of calories to prepare for the alcohol. But, I also found alcohol always made me somewhat depressed and even hungrier the next day. Anyway, I don't miss it at all.

Northern Exposure: I counted calories once in the past and immediately jumped down to 1200 a day. That number is fine, but I simply couldn't sustain it. Of course I lost weight, but lost interest. So, this time I'm starting around 1700 - I've read on here that many other people have lost on higher amounts of calories and more exercise. That is more doable for me. Maybe it will result in a slower weight loss? I dunno. I'm scheduled to weight myself on October 1st. We'll see!

Wednesday went okay for me. I took a long walk around the city and then jogged 6 km (40 min.) in the evening. I would estimate 500-600 calories burned from exercise. My calories were a tad bit better yesterday - around 1700.

I do have one problem here: The mirror in the hotel room is super unflattering. It is long and really highlights all of my cellulite and flabby areas. It makes me feel 50lbs heavier! On the other hand, the mirror forces me to take my diet and exercise super serious.
Unna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 02:13 AM   #144  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

ok, IF is intermittent fasting. I basically don't eat food until 5pm and stop eating around 1 am. This works for me because I usually don't go to bed until 3 am. Something is wrong with my chemistry, but I have to adapt to this. I was losing weight steadily doing this and then tried to alter my window---which caused me to stop losing.

jiggle, I have to be very careful because of the hormonal component. I NEED to eat a high protein low carb snack when I break my fast, my next meal is usually my largest which is dinner, and I don't care about carbs, then back to high protein low- medium carbs, then I just drink tea after my window shuts down. I find a 4-5 pm to 12am-1am window works best for me. I was losing weight effortlessly like this, and then I tried to go back to something of a normal schedule and it just halted.

tdi, yeah, I am pretty sure it was the circuit...because I am JUST NOW starting to feel better and like I can exercise again.
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 08:04 AM   #145  

S/C/G: 450/ticker/350

Height: 5'6

Hola Chicas ~ things are going alright for me this week. I haven't gotten much exercising in & I know that's what's missing in my weekly goals.. There's just no time for me to get any kind of substantial workout in.. I do the little things like take the stairs at work, walk around as much as possible, etc. But as far as going on a walk, cardio, etc.. .. I hope I can figure something out to make time for a work out next week.. Other than that, it's been an OP week so far. I'll probably weigh in by Saturday..

I hope everyone has a blessed & productive day..

Last edited by P H A T; 09-22-2011 at 08:05 AM.
P H A T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 09:09 AM   #146  
Calorie Countin' Fool

S/C/G: 274/ticker/150 for now/137?

Good morning!

Zumba was really fun last night. I've done it at home before, but it is more fun with other people. And since it is a brand new class, it was everyone's first day last night...so we all looked silly together

Did well on my calories yesterday too...WIN!

I do think I'm going to skip my WI this week. TOM is starting and I'm going on an overnight trip for work tonight...probably gonig to meet up with colleagues for a couple of adult beverages before our conference tomorrow. With TOM and bloat from road food/drinks, I know any WI in the near future will only be discouraging. Hopefully next Friday will bring a long awaited whoosh!

Fruit: I didn't know ibuprofen caused water retention. Interesting.

Well, I will probably be offline for a couple of days. Hope everyone has a great weekend!
NorthernExposure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 09:38 AM   #147  
No more +sizes

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Everyone!!!
I had a really good day filled with healthy calories!! I skipped my workout because it was homework with the little girl, dinner and talking to my niece about her daughter that had surgery to drain a lymph node and the doctors don't know what's the cause of it. I was online most of the evening looking for what could be the problem. They have done all kinds of testing but the test come back clean. We're praying they find out what the cause is and have a treatment for it.

P H A T - I think you taking the stairs is a great workout. The good thing is you are moving. The stairs really help!!
Jen - I love it when people know their bodies and don't try to make the popular thought work for them when they see that it doesn't!!! Hat's off to you!
Unna - I think hotel mirrors are distorted anyway. They never look like the ones at home or in the stores. Good that you are using it to motivate you so when you get to your regular mirror you will look really awesome.
Tdiprincess - You are doing such a good job keeping up with your exercise one day of rest will be beneficial. You have inspired me to work on a mileage goal. Probably will start it after this challenge is over.
124chicksinger - Either way you go you know both options can work for you so it will be an informed decision. I will say that you are doing what I would do...go to meetings to get that partial rebate!!! I do understand the excitement about calorie counting. I have tried lots of diets and calorie counting has been most successful and enduring. I've learned more about my body counting calories for almost 2yrs than I'd learned the first 45 years.
Fruitlady - Thanks for the info. I try to forgo any type of meds unless they are absolutely necessary. I don't like taking anything. I try to be as natural as possible. Have you ever tried echinacea for a cold? I usually take that when I feel it coming. I will take three capsules three times a day for a day or two and it gets rid of it. If I don't start it for whatever reason when I first feel it coming and realize a day later that I forgot, I will take it and eat raw garlic and that gets rid of it in a day or two as well. NO SIDE EFFECTS!! At least not for me.
SparkleBE - Sorry that your class was cancelled. Hope you find another one that you really want to take. What type of dance class was it?
Ekicna - How are you doing with your maintenance? I was talking to a co worker that lost 50lbs and got to her goal and she said she didn't realize maintenance would be so difficult. But she's doing well and looks fabulous.

Today's Nugget: Take a moment and think back to why you decided to work on your health. Meditate on that reason for today and let it motivate you to keep going. If you have added reasons to your original one then think about those as well. Sometimes reflecting is the only tweaking we need to continue with our plan. Let's make it a healthy day!!
jigglefree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 01:16 PM   #148  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/154("Normal" BMI)

Well, I couldn't wait any longer...I stepped on the scale this morning...not what I wanted, BUT it is lower than the last time I weighed...only by 1 pound, but its better than being up! I've been running through my head why it might only be a pound...
1) could have built up some muscle since i've been doing more strength training than ever before....OR....
2) could be that TOM is still here....OR...
3) could be the amount of sodium i consumed yesterday...OR...
4) could be that night of partying I did saturday...OR...
5) could be these new freakin BC pills!!!

Whatever it is, it's killing me!! I've worked my butt off (despite the 1 night of partying) and I'm down only a pound in the last 3-4 weeks!! DANG IT MAN!! But whatever, I'm still going to keep going...I'm on vacation from tomorrow through Oct. 2...I'll be visiting w/my parents in WV...not sure how much exercise I'll get, but I'm definitely going to try my hardest to keep the calories in check!!! Maybe I'll have a big swoosh if I keep working as hard as I have this week!

I probably won't check in often while on vaca, but I hope you all have a great weekend AND keep up the good work!!
KDM322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 06:34 PM   #149  
Becoming a BEAST!

S/C/G: 161.6/161.6/120

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigglefree View Post
Ekicna - How are you doing with your maintenance? I was talking to a co worker that lost 50lbs and got to her goal and she said she didn't realize maintenance would be so difficult. But she's doing well and looks fabulous.
Maintenance is going well. I stopped counting calories for a few months but what I learned while calorie counting was portion control. As long as I watch my portions and I don't eat anything that is outrageously bad for me, I maintained in the 111s.

I am now strength training, doing cardio everyday, and calorie counting again. I am hoping to gain muscle and maybe lose another 5lbs.
Ekicna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 09:23 PM   #150  

S/C/G: 154/ticker/104

Height: 5'1"

Just joining the challenge, hope I'm not too late!

My goal is to get down to 131 pounds by Halloween. That means a loss of ten pounds from where I am now, and it is also the highest weight where I'll have a healthy BMI.
Hazy is offline   Reply With Quote