Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 09:39 PM   #286  
I'm a SWIMMER!

S/C/G: 209.4/149.2/150

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEDIKAYTED View Post
Is your hand better?? I hope you are OK!!
Went to my doctor this morning...yes, it's infected! Totally depressed all day and just couldn't shake it. Pigged out and day 2 with no running = unhappy girl! Tomorrow's a new day...gonna get my run on early and maybe that'll pick up my mood. Glad to read about your good news though. That gave me my first smile of the day!
Old 03-21-2011, 09:46 PM   #287  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

S/C/G: 189/14x/138

Height: 5'3"

Awww so sorry to hear you were down... But it makes me smile to know I helped brighten your day

Its really frustrating when we have minor setbacks.. We just gotta think of them as hurdles in our "race" to goal... They may slow us down, but in the end FINISHING the race is all that matters.....

....With our determination - WE WILL FINISH THIS RACE!!!
Old 03-22-2011, 06:53 AM   #288  
I'm a SWIMMER!

Mkay...so here's the damage to the scale 162.2! Need to get my calories back down to 1400-1500 and get back on track with my running this week. I KNOW I did NOT just gain 3 lbs of fat in 2 days...I hardly ate enough calories to do that. But the numbers are still discouraging, and even more discouraging is that I was hoping the scale would move in the opposite direction this week. Seems my body is really fighting me on these last few pounds...so back to the drawing board!

Breakfast - Blueberry Flax Muffin, 2 Jimmy Dean turkey sausage - 210 cals.
Snack - Blueberry Flax Muffin - 130 cals.
Snack - Atkins Protein Bar - 240 cals.
Snack - 30g unsalted cashews - 166 cals.
Lunch - Thai Chicken Curry over spinach quinoa, spinach - 340 cals.
Snack - Activia Light Yogart - 70 cals.
Dinner - 38g unsalted cashews - 200 cals.
Snack - Baked Whole Chicken (breast & leg/thigh meat only) - 200 cals.
Snack - small Navel Orange - 45 cals.

Total Calories: 1,601 cals.

EXERCISE:

Running - 5.4 Miles!!!

Last edited by joyfulloser; 03-22-2011 at 07:01 PM.
Old 03-22-2011, 07:14 AM   #289  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyfulloser View Post
Mkay...so here's the damage to the scale 162.2! Need to get my calories back down to 1400-1500 and get back on track with my running this week. I KNOW I did NOT just gain 3 lbs of fat in 2 days...I hardly ate enough calories to do that. But the numbers are still discouraging, and even more discouraging is that I was hoping the scale would move in the opposite direction this week. Seems my body is really fighting me on these last few pounds...so back to the drawing board!
Hey.. it may just be some fluid from the infection.. I am not saying that your hand is holding a few pounds of water weight.. But I know I read somewhere when your body is in a state of stress/fighting infection, it may hold on to water while it is doing is repairing.

Either way.. I understand... we HATE HATE HATE seeing messed up scale readings! But remember my story! Just think.. if I had not weighed in on Monday, or if I had waited a whole week to weigh in again, I would been depressed all week about seeing 151 on Sunday. Who knew I would be back down 8 pounds the next day? I still can't believe it! So sometimes the scale weight can be a fluke. That's one of the reasons I always have to weigh myself a couple of times a week. LOL.

I hope you have a great day anyway!

It will be off soon!

Last edited by DEDIKAYTED; 03-22-2011 at 07:15 AM.
Old 03-22-2011, 08:48 AM   #290  
This is for life!

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/136

I binged so badly last night. Ate and ate and ate.... on and on... I'm devastated and angry. It started with the rear end bikini shot and bumped into overdrive with a reminder of my husbands affair. (2 years ago, but still fresh in my mind.)

I am going to try to fast today to eliminate all the junk waste surging through my system. Any ideas on how to help it leave the building (so to speak)?

Joyful, you are my inspiration. I can do this. I have done it numerous times in the past and I CAN do it again... one last time.

I bought bran muffin mix last night, forgot the pumpkin & raisins... darn. Can you post your recipe please?
Old 03-22-2011, 08:55 AM   #291  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

Quote:
Here's the link she posted for the Pumpkin Raisin Recipe
Old 03-22-2011, 09:00 AM   #292  
This is for life!

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/136

Joyful, how is your hand today? Dedikayted is right - your body hold water when it's been stressed. You've been running hard (muscles holding water) and the infection on top of that could be the increase in weight.

Also, if you are not running one day, can you skip the bran/rice/wheat and substitute green veggies? Maybe an egg white omelett for breakfast and chicken with veggies for lunch/dinner.

Just a thought from the world's biggest binger.
Old 03-22-2011, 09:21 AM   #293  
I'm a SWIMMER!

Thanks ladies!!!

Gwen - I feel your pain...and yes, your right..WE CAN DO THIS! It is our life...our health...and in my case at age 44...our LAST CHANCE! I don't feel 100% either after sitting on my rump for the past 2 days feeling "sorry for myself" eating, eating and more eating without exercise.

BUT...and a big BUTT (haha!), last night does NOT define today! It's over with...this is for the rest of our lives and we need to see it that way. Hoping we have very long lives, we're not out of time to change. Start a new today. Don't go into EXTREMES! So you went off yesterday (one extreme), don't go completely the opposite and starve yourself today (another extreme)....just get back up and on track as if nothing happened.

Trust me...I've listened and watched many successful MAINTAINERS...and the difference between people who succeed and people who give up and regain is this single trait...learning how to FALL and GET BACK UP (without extremes and without brutal punishment of ones self).

I know it can be tempting to "beat ones self up" when we fall short of our goals...but we must resist that urge...and take a quick look back at our current successes. Hang in there...

Dedikayteddddddd!!! - I think you're right about infection making my body retain weight. I looked up the antibiotics I'm on and water retention is one of the side effects! Also, it hasn't kicked in yet, so my hand is all itchy and swollen today. I just keep reminding myself that there is NO WAY scientifically possible for me to have gained 3 lbs of fat in 2 days...and this helps me put this whole thing back into perspective.

Now to shake my depression. Off to run...will let you all know if that adrenelene is really a natural mood enhancer...
Old 03-22-2011, 01:20 PM   #294  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

Quote:
Dedikayteddddddd!!! - I think you're right about infection making my body retain weight. I looked up the antibiotics I'm on and water retention is one of the side effects! Also, it hasn't kicked in yet, so my hand is all itchy and swollen today. I just keep reminding myself that there is NO WAY scientifically possible for me to have gained 3 lbs of fat in 2 days...and this helps me put this whole thing back into perspective.

Now to shake my depression. Off to run...will let you all know if that adrenelene is really a natural mood enhancer...
Yaaaay! I can see your spirits have risen since this morning!! I love it!! Be sure to let us know how that run goes!!!
Old 03-22-2011, 03:17 PM   #295  
I am in control.

Feel better, Joyful!! I'm glad to see that you are your old chipper self again today!
Old 03-22-2011, 08:36 PM   #296  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

I see your 5.4 miles!!!!!!!! Get it gurl!!
Old 03-23-2011, 06:44 AM   #297  
I'm a SWIMMER!

I guess you all can "hear" my depression in the tone of my posts for past few days...huh? Thank you for your supportive posts...it's helped! I don't understand it...but when I don't run for more than 1 day, I get depressed. That coupled with my stupid infection from the rose plant...grrrhhh! I mean who thinks there gonna get "blood poisoning" from a rose plant? I also have had a pain in the back of my left knee that I can't seem to shake...so I'm scared I may have to take a week off from running to heal properly.

Ok....here's some little glimmer/light at the end of the tunnel...today's weight = 159.6 ! Hopefully tomorrow I'll drop some more of this water weight I'm still carrying around and see 157 on the scale. Progress is what I NEED...no setbacks.

I've been having a slight "love affair" with cashew nuts for the past couple of days. The more I try to resist, the more I eat...so I've decided. If I go nutz (yes, pun intended) on the nuts, then I'll just skip a meal.

Breakfast - Blueberry Flax Muffin, 2 Jimmy Dean Turkey sausage - 210 cals.
Lunch - Shepherd's Pie, peas and carrots - 354 cals.
Snack - 30g unsalated cashews - 166 cals.
Dinner - Thai Chicken Curry over spinach quinoa, green beans - 340 cals.
Snack - 1/2 cup fresh pineapple - 80 cals.
Snack - 94% fat free Popcorn - 100 cals.

Total Calories: 1,937 cals.

EXERCISE: - NO WORKOUT TODAY

Running - Tried running this afternoon - Knee is SHOT! Put elastic bandage around knee (homemade knee brace)...surprisingly, it works GREAT...No pain while walking on it or walking up/down stairs. Will attempt to run again this evening. If I can't, then I'll do eliptical machine for 45 mins.

**EDIT** Uggghh...WHAT...IS...GOING...ON...WITH...MY APPETITE I've just been a snacking fool today. Hopefully my appetite will subside by tomorrow. I wonder if it's the antibiotics? Actually, I read that as you get closer to really low bf% your body's way of FIGHTING you is to release hormones that make you hungrier! WOW...the body sure does play a dirty!!

Last edited by joyfulloser; 03-24-2011 at 10:35 AM.
Old 03-23-2011, 10:19 AM   #298  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

Glad the scale dropped! I knew it would! Yaaaay!

You know what? I never was a huge fan of cashiews.. but I AM NOW! Put those babies in some yogurt...or better yet.. add strawberries... OOOH LAWD!

Glad you are back on track!
Old 03-24-2011, 07:00 AM   #299  
I'm a SWIMMER!

Despite totally PIGGIN OUT again yesterday...my weight = 159.4. Go figure

Breakfast - Blueberry Flax Muffin, 2 Jimmy Dean Turkey Sausage - 210 cals.
Snack - Spinach salad w/grilled chicken, feta, cranberry, walnut - 300 cals.
Lunch - Spicy Garlic Shrimp over brown rice, stir fry veggies - 278 cals.
Snack - Unsalted Cashews - 200 cals.
Snack - 2 oz baked chicken breasts (from whole bird-skinless) - 120 cals.
Snack - baked sweet potato w/cinnamon - 95 cals.
Dinner - NONE

Total Calories: 1,558 cals.

EXERCISE:

Running - 5.3 Miles!! - I must say...I really needed that warrior girl inside me on this run. It was the HARDEST EVER!!! I really had to dig deep (first, I needed to keep PERFECT form to keep my knee cap from popping out; second, my allergies made me feel like I couldn't breath and would pass out at any moment)!!! I just kept telling myself, if you make 5 miles, you'll see 156 this week! Yeahhhhh ME!

**I soooooo hope my knee will cooperate with me today!!!**

Last edited by joyfulloser; 03-24-2011 at 06:12 PM.
Old 03-24-2011, 09:05 AM   #300  
I'm a SWIMMER!

Talking More progress pics!!

I visited a neighbor last night and he went on and on about how SKINNY I had gotten. He said he was shocked because he had just seen me doing yard work a few weeks ago. So I got to thinking...hmmmm...time for more progress pics!

The pics below were taken on:
1. 12/3/2010 (muffin top)
2. 1/27/2011
3. 3/24/2011
4. 3/24/2011
Just to think...these are the same "skinny" jeans that I was soooooooooo happy to be able to fit again (although with muffin top originally) and now they are literally falling off my butt! This is the stuff that keeps me going!

Knee feeling better this morning...gonna put on my homemade knee brace and DO THIS 5 mile today...by hook/crook! Grrrrhhhhh....That's the warrior in me coming out..haha!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg afterfront2.jpg (33.4 KB, 53 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0211.jpg (30.8 KB, 53 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0289.jpg (34.0 KB, 54 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0296.jpg (30.9 KB, 59 views)
Closed Thread