Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2011, 05:21 PM   #256  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

S/C/G: 189/14x/138

Height: 5'3"

You are amazing!!! You have broke the fat code!!!!

So patient!!! And So inspirational .
Old 03-13-2011, 11:27 PM   #257  
I'm a SWIMMER!

S/C/G: 209.4/149.2/150

Height: 5'9

Thanks Jenn & Dedikayted!

I've literally been cooking ALL DAY...I'm exhausted...literally seeing double EXHAUSTED! Well..it was worth it. I made so much food that I ran out of trays!!! May have went a little perserk! Anyhoot...I made:

1. Pollock smothered in low fat alfredo sauce over chinese noodles
2. Homemade Chili
3. Morrocan Chicken
4. Sesame Chicken over chinese rice sticks
5. Spicy Garlic Shrimp
6. Shepherd's Pie

Believe it or not...after all that cookin...I'm still not finished, but have moved the rest of the cooking til tomorrow of the following:

1. Pumpkin Raisin Muffins
2. Blueberry Flax Pumpkin Muffins
3. Mock McDonald's chicken
4. Thai style chicken

After this "cooking spree", I shouldn't need to cook for the next 4 weeks...WOO HOOOOO!!!
Old 03-14-2011, 07:16 AM   #258  
I'm a SWIMMER!

Official Weigh In Day: 160.6

Breakfast - Blueberry Flax Muffin, 2 Jimmy Dean Turkey sausage - 211 cals.
Snack - Blueberry Flax Muffin - 131 cals.
Lunch - Pollock w/Alfredo sauce over chinese noodles, brocolli - 340 cals.
Snack - Atkins Protein Bar - 240 cals.
Snack - 15g unsalted almonds - 95 cals.
Dinner - Sesame Chicken over rice sticks, stir fry veggies - 400 cals.
Snack - small Navel Orange - 45 cals.

Total Calories: 1,462 cals.

EXERCISE:

Running - 5.4 Miles!!!

- Just looked at last week's "official weigh in" and I'm actually DOWN .2 lbs from last Monday, but UP 1 lb from my lowest mid-week weight...so all in all...not a BAD week considering TOM and my body still has not let go of the excess water weight!

I'm really feeling a whooosh coming on...I know my REAL weight is almost in the mid 150's cuz of the way my old 15-20 yr old clothes are fitting me. Also, my oldest daughter came up this weekend for a visit and she paid me the HIGHEST compliment....she said, "MOM...you look like you did when you were 20!!!...the way I remember you looking when I was a kid"! The last time my daughter saw me was 50+ pounds ago back in September (she moved out of the State that month). I told her it's probably because I'm wearing the same clothes I wore when she was 6 (she's now 25!)

So...even though I'm up a pound from my lowest weight (on the scale..that is), I'm not sweating it...I'm actually starting to like what I see in the mirror...weirdly enough...even my tiny lil "raisinettes" are starting to perk back up again...haha!

I seriously can't believe how much food I cooked. I'm faced with a dilema...I only have 7 more empty black food trays left and an ENTIRE POT of chili to portion out and store in the freezer...I also have to saute, portion and store the morrocan chicken (had it marinating overnight) today. What to do...what to do...between the two of those main entrees....I must have at least 25 meals....with only 7 trays left...ugggh! Guess there's only one thing I can do...freeze in large containers the remaining cooked foods until I have enough trays available to store them in.

I must say though...the food came out really OUTRAGEOUSLY delishous tasting! I tried something new and made a "low fat" alfredo sauce. Soooo simple and yet sooooooo extremely delishous. Here's the recipe:

Low Fat ALFREDO sauce:
1 tbsp I can't believe it's not butter
2 tbsp minced garlic (fresh or jar)
1 tbsp whole wheat flour
1c. fat free half n half
1/4c. 1/3 fat cream cheese
1/4c grated parmesian romano (3 cheese) from the frigerated cheese section
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper

**Makes 6 servings**

88 cals; 4.7g fat; 293mgs sodium

Last edited by joyfulloser; 03-14-2011 at 10:37 PM.
Old 03-14-2011, 09:30 AM   #259  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

Now, THAT IS what its all about! ~ Liking what you see in the mirror! No worries, the scale WILL catch up... THIS WEEK! One thing about you is that YOU KNOW YOUR BODY... Here's to your whoosh by Wednesday!
Old 03-14-2011, 09:35 AM   #260  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

Oh!!!!!!!! I meant to ask you.. Do you log your meals on one of the calorie tracking websites? If so, do you know what your macros are?

Do you try to stay within a certain range.. like 50% protein/ 30% carbs/ 20% fat?
Old 03-14-2011, 10:27 AM   #261  
I'm a SWIMMER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEDIKAYTED View Post
Oh!!!!!!!! I meant to ask you.. Do you log your meals on one of the calorie tracking websites? If so, do you know what your macros are?

Do you try to stay within a certain range.. like 50% protein/ 30% carbs/ 20% fat?
No...I only use this thread to log my food...I know...pitiful, but I'm lazy! I actually have no idea what my macros are...I also don't log my exercise calories burned (mostly because I don't believe those counts on machines and even my polar f11 heart monitor...which btw, I'm going to sell on craigslist..lol!)

That said, I am pretty "in-tune" to my body (afterall...I have had to live with it for 44 yrs now) I'd guess I was eating about 40-50/30-40/20.

I'm just focusing on cooking/preparing all my own foods...using limited amounts of good fats (olive oil, canola, etc.), eating lean cuts of poultry, meat and fish, limiting my carbs to whole grains, beans, sweet potatoes, nuts and eating them in combination with proteins, limiting my sugars, eating fresh fruits and veggies, eating moderate portion sizes (I use my large kitchen spoon to monitor portions - ex. 1 spoon = 1 svg), and EXERCISE (running) 4 days a week. Since I've met my running goal mileage, as my physical conditioning increases, I simply INCREASE my intensity within the same 65 mins. run. I will continue to do this until I reach my goal weight of 150 lbs. Once I reach my goal weight, I will reduce my running days, but keep my mileage at 5. I will add weight lifting (hardcore) gradually untill I attain my desired recomp!

Well...that's the plan anyways...

Last edited by joyfulloser; 03-14-2011 at 05:07 PM.
Old 03-14-2011, 02:14 PM   #262  

S/C/G: 180.2/ticker/130

Height: 5'5

Joyfulloser Hay you'll get that big whoosh

quick question I notice you buy the ff half and half. Is it good or watery?
Thinking about picking some up. Thanks, also snatched the Alfredo recipe lol, looks good now I need to buy the shrimp yummmm.
Old 03-14-2011, 02:30 PM   #263  
I'm a SWIMMER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfnmom View Post
Joyfulloser Hay you'll get that big whoosh

quick question I notice you buy the ff half and half. Is it good or watery?
Thinking about picking some up. Thanks, also snatched the Alfredo recipe lol, looks good now I need to buy the shrimp yummmm.
Haha..thanks...I'm waitin' for the whoosh!

As a long time "half and half" addict...I must tell you that the fat free version is not watery AT ALL...I honestly can't tell the difference from the fat kind! I used it to make my alfredo and it was AWESOME! You will totally thank me for that recipe once you try it...it's really too good to be true!

Enjoy...and let you know how you like it!
Old 03-15-2011, 07:21 AM   #264  
I'm a SWIMMER!

Today's Weight - 159.6 Ok...so it's DOWN from here...I'm thinking 157 by Friday...or maybe I'm just 'dreamin'

Breakfast - Pumpkin Raisin Muffin, 2 Jimmy Dean Turkey sausage - 219 cals.
Snack - Blueberry Flax Muffin - 130 cals.
Lunch - Spicy Garlic Shrimp over brown rice, stir fry veggies - 278 cals.
Snack - Pumpkin Raisin Muffin - 139 cals.
Dinner - South African Chicken curry over bulgar wheat, green bean almondine - 330 cals.
Snack - Activia Light Yogart - 70 cals.
Snack - 15g unsalted almonds - 95 cals.
Snack - small Navel Orange, tasting 3 chunks of chicken (thai chicken dish) - 65 cals.

Total Calories: 1,566 cals.

EXERCISE:

DAY OFF

Made a batch of pumpkin muffins and also tweeked a new recipe for blueberry muffins. This batch came out waaaay better than the last. The last batch of blueberry muffins tasted good, but were a little to light on sweetness and very dry. I added 1 cup of pumpkin, added 1/3 cup splenda and reduced the amount of brown sugar to 1/3 cup, upped the egg count to 2, and upped the applesauce to 3/4 cup...results...no pumpkin taste (well...at least my friend didn't taste any...I haven't tried it yet, but willl be trying one today)...and a moist delishous, high protein (almost 5g), low fat treat or breakfast! I'll let you all know my "personal" thoughts on the taste and consistency when I try one later this morning.

**EDIT** - Just tried the new Blueberry Muffins....Oooohhh Myyyyy...I think I hit "pay dirt" with this recipe...they're super duper DELISHOUS! So happy to have a nice alternate snack from the PUMPKIN Raisin muffins (even though they're still my favorite)...these are really good (moist, just right amount of sweetness, and the blueberries burst in your mouth with every bite...YUM!)

Last edited by joyfulloser; 03-16-2011 at 06:53 AM.
Old 03-15-2011, 12:23 PM   #265  
I am in control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyfulloser View Post
[b]
Made a batch of pumpkin muffins and also tweeked a new recipe for blueberry muffins. This batch came out waaaay better than the last. The last batch of blueberry muffins tasted good, but were a little to light on sweetness and very dry. I added 1 cup of pumpkin, added 1/3 cup splenda and reduced the amount of brown sugar to 1/3 cup, upped the egg count to 2, and upped the applesauce to 3/4 cup...results...no pumpkin taste (well...at least my friend didn't taste any...I haven't tried it yet, but willl be trying one today)...and a moist delishous, high protein (almost 5g), low fat treat or breakfast! I'll let you all know my "personal" thoughts on the taste and consistency when I try one later this morning.

**EDIT** - Just tried the new Blueberry Muffins....Oooohhh Myyyyy...I think I hit "pay dirt" with this recipe...they're super duper DELISHOUS! So happy to have a nice alternate snack from the PUMPKIN Raisin muffins (even though they're still my favorite)...these are really good (moist, just right amount of sweetness, and the blueberries burst in your mouth with every bite...YUM!)
Can you please share your recipe for blueberry muffins? Also, do you know the calorie count for each one? I'm a sucker for blueberry muffins
Old 03-15-2011, 04:04 PM   #266  
I'm a SWIMMER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emme View Post
Can you please share your recipe for blueberry muffins? Also, do you know the calorie count for each one? I'm a sucker for blueberry muffins
http://caloriecount.about.com/protei...recipe-r555783

You will thank me for this! Enjoy!
Old 03-15-2011, 04:46 PM   #267  
I am in control.

Yummmmm.....thanks! Do you think it would still bake the same if I used skim milk instead of 2%? Or did you use skim in your recipe? Also, can I eliminate the whey protein?
Old 03-15-2011, 06:12 PM   #268  
I'm a SWIMMER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emme View Post
Yummmmm.....thanks! Do you think it would still bake the same if I used skim milk instead of 2%? Or did you use skim in your recipe? Also, can I eliminate the whey protein?
I didn't use skim milk. I used 1/3 cup whole milk mixed with 1 tsp white vinegar (let sit for about 5-7 mins). That mixture replaces buttermilk. I suppose it could work with skim milk...but not sure since I've only tried it with whole.

As far as the whey protein, I'm sure it would work without it...I only added it to increase the protein counts. So your nutrient count would be a bit different.

I just realized that I need to detail the milk/vinegar mixture in my recipe instructions...going to update now.

**EDIT** - Ooops..just realized that the milk listed was 2%??? I just corrected everything...so it's good to print! Let me know how you like it!

Last edited by joyfulloser; 03-15-2011 at 06:18 PM.
Old 03-16-2011, 06:58 AM   #269  
I'm a SWIMMER!

Breakfast - Pumpkin Raisin Muffin, 2 Jimmy Dean Turkey Sausage - 219 cals.
Lunch - Shepherd's Pie, peas and carrots - 354 cals.
Dinner - Teriyaki Pork Tenderloin over spinach quinoa, steamed spinach - 330 cals.
Snack - 7 oz unsalted almonds, few raisins - 60 cals.
Snack - 1/2 chicken breast - 50 cals.

Total Calories: 1,507 cals.

EXERCISE:

Running - 5.3 Miles!!!

2 sets of 7 pull-ups (palm facing towards me on pull-up bar), and 1 set of 4 pull-ups. Getting strong!!! Grrrrh!

Finally finished all my cooking last night. Made a wonderful Thai Chicken dish! Oooohh was it fantastic! Found some extra trays, so I made 4 meals and froze the rest. Also made the marinade for grilled chicken. Only took one picture of the Thai food. Need to get pics of all this delishous cuisine I'm making and post it!

Last edited by joyfulloser; 03-16-2011 at 09:32 PM.
Old 03-17-2011, 07:33 AM   #270  
I'm a SWIMMER!

Breakfast - Pumpkin Raisin Muffin, 2 Jimmy Dean Turkey sausage - 219 cals.
Lunch - Homemade Chili over brown rice, corn & green beans - 406 cals.
Snack - 1/2 Atkins Protein Bar - 120 cals.
Snack - 1/2 Atkins Protein Bar - 120 cals.
Dinner - Thai Chicken Curry over brown rice, spinach - 340 cals.

Total Calories: 1,598 cals.

EXERCISE:

NO EXERCISE - DAY OFF!

Last edited by joyfulloser; 03-17-2011 at 10:09 PM.
Closed Thread