Old 06-20-2008, 11:41 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 235/ticker/130

Height: 5'1"

Tinky ~ WHOHOO! I plan on being good because I want to get back into the 170's by Monday. I am at a stall at 182 but its still better than what I was at on Monday. I am not doing the yo-yo thing this weekend and destroying all my hard work. Still having a hard time getting motivated.

Honestly, I've been using light weights for the past couple of years. I find the bands to be confusing at times. So, I didn't buy any new after debating yesterday and I will just continue to do what I was doing. I have to restart because I haven't done my routine in almost a month and I felt it this morning. I do need to go a little heavier.
GrammyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 11:46 AM   #62  

Tammy ~ I never felt mine actually needed it because most of my strays are blond and you can't really see them unless the light shines on them, mainly in between the brows. They are gone now. LOL! I can't see that dramatic of a difference but my DD and her BF said they could. DD has a uni and hers are black so she is faithful about getting them done.

LOL! That reminds me. My 17 yr old decided to start wearing more makeup. HAHAHA! She put on that stuff you rub all over your face and that stuff you put on top of that. I like you mean foundation (base) and blush. Yah. I said it doesn't look like you have blush on. She said its the stuff you rub all over, I said powder, YAH! I told her she is finally catching up with other girls her age. OH, and she actually put eye makeup on again.

Well I better get going. Nothing to do around here so I should go for a walk and at least get some fresh air.

Tinky by the way you inspired me. I went for a walk and did my sculpting this morning and now I am ready for another walk.
Old 06-20-2008, 01:12 PM   #63  
Mommy to be!

S/C/G: 168/---/125

Height: 5'4"

Hi, I am just starting to post in calorie counters. I have been posting in the 20s thread though. I am an on and off follower of SBD and have recently begun counting calories again this week. To me it makes the most sense scientifically and allows me to feel less deprived!! So here i am. I am using thedailyplate.com and i LOVE it. I have told many of my SB friends about it. AND the biggest plus is that i actually lost 2 lbs, the first 2 lbs since February...well more or less. I was at 143 in February when i bought my wedding dress, we moved and i dropped another lb or so and then i kinda leveled out around 141. Then i got down and bounced between 140 and 144 for a couple of months and now i have FINALLY gotten to 138, my 30 lb lost mark!!! in 10 more lbs i should be feeling good and DEFINITELY 15, if i can get that low!!

I am starting here but will try to catch up with you all and jump in here!!
skinnybeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 07:41 PM   #64  

Just got home from the doctor. He is upping some of the meds to help with the swelling. He is concerned about the increase in the numbers, but didn't seem terribly concerned. He prescribed another med to help with the confusion that we are seeing. He also talked to us about some of the concerns that we have being caused by the liver disease. (fatigue, nause, lack of appetite) He did mention transplant, but he said we are not to that stage yet. Hubby goes for an ultrasound of the gall bladder and liver next week. He will also have more bloodwork done before he goes back to Dr. the end of July. His BP was 107/64.

That's all for now.
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 11:08 PM   #65  
Gettin Closer!!

S/C/G: See Signature

Height: Tall enough for my feet to reach the ground

Good luck tammy!!! Be strong, you will need all your (plus our) strength!

Thanks for all the well wishes from everyone

Skinny-Welcome to the group.

Today was a rough day for me....man my toes hurt! I couldnt take my meds because I had my 3 y/o home with me all day so needed to be conherent for her. But when DH came home he took over and I actually got to take a bath...man was that nice!!!! I have to go to work tomorrow but only for a few hours, so that will be ok. Grandma is taking little one to a parade, and my 13 y/o has been such a HUGE help to me I can not even thank him enough....I gave him some allowance today since he has done so much for me.....
StillTryin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 12:26 AM   #66  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Still
Hope you feel better soon. It is rough when you have little ones to take care of. Glad the hubby took over and let you relax.

Tammy
Still keeping you and yours in my prayers.

Skinny
Welcome. We have a great group of people here. Calorie counting works for me too. I can have anything I want as long as I get the required amounts of the four basic food groups eaten a day and stay within some general ranges of calories, fats and carbs I have set for myself. To me, this is the only way to keep eating a healthy diet for the rest of my life. Congrats on the loss.

Tinky
Way to go. No time at all you are going to hit that 50 mark. You are doing terrific.

Still
Once again, I am glad you are doing better. Keep you in my prayers.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 09:35 AM   #67  
Gettin Closer!!

OK, as many of you know I had surgery Monday, and today (Saturday) I decided I was feeling good enough to hobble onto the scale. I was pretty surprised because it showed 162! But you have to remember this is clothed with a HEAVY cast/splint on my leg also. I know I was way under my calories all week so I think I may be closer to 160 but I am not going to PUSH IT...lol

So I am down some. But not sure exactly how much...lol

I went to work today.. I figured it would be only a 1/2 day since we are only here for 1/2 days on Saturday. Then I can go home and nap a little. It is nice to get out of the house. My boss got online and saw I was here and was like "what the HE** are you doing at work"??? I was like...where should I be??? He said it is slow and I should be at home resting..lol I told him with it only being a 1/2 day I would check it out and see how I feel....(he is a nut)
Old 06-22-2008, 04:47 PM   #68  

Grammy, funny about the makeup! I remember when I started using it many years ago. I was so confused!

Skinnybeach, welcome!!! Are we invited to sing at the wedding??? I"m sure we would be great!!

Still, how are you feeling? You are in our prayers for a fast recovery. Silly you for going to work!!!!

Shy, did you get some of the nasty storms this week? Sure don't like that lightning!!
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 08:55 PM   #69  
Gettin Closer!!

I am doing good Tammy! I hung out at home and in bed today. Was tired and a little sore. I plan to go to work tomorrow and we will see how it goes. I get an hour lunch so I plan to come home to ice my foot/ankle at lunch time.
Old 06-23-2008, 09:04 AM   #70  

Good morning all!

Still ~ Be careful and don't over do it. How in the heck did you take care of a 3 yr old without full mobility? She must be an exceptional child because I know my GS would take full advantage and he is 2 1/2.

Tammy ~ Wow, on the liver problems. I will continue to pray for your husband and I don't know why they don't put him on the list for transplants now because I always thought the list were long. I am just praying that he doesn't need it and that everything will stabilize and get better.

Skinny ~ WELCOME!

I wasn't perfect this weekend but did pull off one day of eating right which is a big step for me and I am patting myself on the back. Baby steps. I even turned down ICK and didn't munch on our short road trip which is not my usual.

Took my GS for his first pony cart ride of the year. He was giggling and he took the reins away from me and wouldn't let me touch them, he wanted to drive. Thank God for an above average pony that is point and go. He is the only horse/pony I have ever owned that I would feel safe doing this

This morning I went for a mile walk and did my leg sculpting. Have all my meals packed for the day because its the work week. So much easier as we all know.

Well I have to get going and I will talk to you all later.
Old 06-23-2008, 09:16 AM   #71  
Gettin Closer!!

Grammy- My 3 y/o is definitely an exceptional child! She is such a good girl that she has been by my side everyday since I had surgery. She lays in bed with me. She doesn't whine or cry. I got so lucky with her. The older two were fairly easy also, but not as easy as she is. I can easily keep her when I am not mobile.....
Old 06-23-2008, 10:39 AM   #72  
Back to make it to goal!

Location: Seattle, but an Original CA girl! I miss the sunny days!

S/C/G: 204/see ticker/140-135?

Height: 5'3

Hey all. Well I didn't do too bad this weekend, considering, TOM. This week is all about focus. I have a 5k, that I am tempting to run most of,so I am wearing my new shoes to break them in. Next Thursday we leave for the wedding, so room to screw around. LOL! My dress fits perfectly, I have room to wiggle too though, so it's nice. I'll post pics of it later.

Still- Wow, I am too surprised that you have that mobility with your daughter as well. Though it does help as you say that she is very good.

Tammy- You and your husband will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.Sure, you can sing at my wedding. It is a very small affair though, so you guys singing would be a serenade. LOL!

Shy- Who knows, I may even hit it before the end of this weekend. We'll see. I am definitely not going to push it though.

Skinny- Welcome!!!!

Grammy- That was so cute about DGS. Good thing your pony is well behaived. I kinda steered off plan this weekend, but nothing too bad. Oh have you ever grilled your turkey patties? Man, I had that this morning after having DF grill them,and my mouth enjoyed that! LOL! I told DF this morning that I am glad I am back at work, that way I stay more focused.

Well have a great day. I will be getting both my walk and run in today.

Last edited by Tinky009; 06-23-2008 at 10:41 AM.
Tinky009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 10:57 AM   #73  

Still ~ My oldest was that way but my youngest was a handful and my DGS is all boy to say the least. He is full of it and gets into everything when you turn your back. He is better at my house but at his Mom's, he destroys the house because she doesn't pay attention.

Tinky ~ That is fantastic news and I can't wait to see a picture of you in that new dress or even to see a before and after picture. Your doing fantastic and I see you lost another pound. Yes, when DH is home most everything is grilled. I always have turkey burgers when he has hamburgers and grilling them really brings out the flavor and is a nice change of pace.

The good news is DH is back to work and now I can stay on track during the week. DH likes to eat the way we used to eat still and because old habits die hard, I usually end up eating that way with him. I miss him being home don't get me wrong but I am looking at the bright side and that is I can get this weight off.

My reward this past Friday, which I didn't really deserve it but I did it anyway, was to buy finger nail oil, buffer pad to make the shine and new files. I really want to grow some decent nails for a change and that means I need to care for them. Nail polish seems to destroy my nails so I can't polish them so I bought that thing to buff them so they shine. Looks really nice because I have nice white nail tips. French manicure white but they are white. I am also removing to warts that I am self-conscious of. They are small but ugly and I am probably the only one that even notices that they are there. DH didn't even notice them until I pointed them out. I tried to remove them earlier this year but the came back. I caught them this time before they got to big.

Last edited by GrammyL; 06-23-2008 at 11:00 AM.
Old 06-23-2008, 05:44 PM   #74  
Back to make it to goal!

Location: Seattle, but an Original CA girl! I miss the sunny days!

S/C/G: 204/see ticker/140-135?

Height: 5'3

GrammyL- You should go to my spark people page and see my before and current pics! You can PM me your email, and I will send you a link to it, if you would like. I also will post pics on here of me in my dress. I guess what I am eating can be considered turkey burgers, I call them sausages, but it's basically the same.
Tinky009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 05:51 PM   #75  

Height: 5'10

Hey can I join in? I'm calorie counting as well. I have been exercising pretty consistantly but I just need to keep watching my calories and I'm sure I'll reach my goal in no time
sweetlovin is offline   Reply With Quote