Old 06-10-2008, 01:39 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 235/ticker/130

Height: 5'1"

Tammy ~ This program can work wonders as long as you follow it. It teaches you a new way of eating and how to be healthy by eating good, natural healthy food that taste as good as it looks. It does require cooking but worth it and like Tinky said cooking in bulk helps.

It is low fat, low sodium, and they prefer unprocessed foods but some thing are OK but not preferred. Like I buy no salt added canned or frozen veggies and no sugar added frozen or canned fruit but they prefer fresh. All flour products and dairy is eliminated. Oil is also eliminated but in the book it tells you if your skin, nails or hair gets dry add a little olive oil or flaxseed oil back to your plan. I also use quick oats and the quick cook brown rice but they are not preferred but works for my body. You can also use brown rice noodles or white but they prefer brown. You also drink water, water and more water. LOL! Every time we go someone where I say I have to go potty to my DH and his response is "Go figure". You do get to know the bathroom well. HAHAHA!

You can check the program out at www.provida.com. You can take the test to see what body type you are, go in to the boards to see what people are doing that are on the program, see their results, look at on plan recipes, read success stories, etc.

The program encourages you to take this to your physician and I strongly suggest it also but only because a few people hadn't and already had preexisting problems and the program made it worse. Low blood pressure being one of those conditions and the doc just had them add some sodium back. My doctor approved it right away because it would help my health issue of diabetes. It only took 2 months and my diabetes went into remission and I haven't had any problems since. There are adjustments that need to be made for certain conditions like low blood pressure or hypoglycemia. Other than those conditions I have only heard of one other person that ended up with gal stones and the doctor said its because she lost so much weight so fast. Then for some reason she tried to flush the stones with flaxseed oil and they ended up in her pancreas. I don't know what happened from there. She said the only regret she has is losing it so fast that it caused the stones.

Some people have gotten bound up but I don't know how with all the fiber and water you take in. The problem personally took care of my acid reflux, urinary track problems and bowl problems. I have more energy now and feel healthier. It has done a lot more than just help me lose weight. Is it easy, no but does it do what they say it will if you follow it, YES! It has been worth every penny I paid for it.
GrammyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 02:04 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 235/ticker/130

Height: 5'1"

Valley ~ WELCOME BACK to calorie counting!

Tammy ~ You crack me up about the 166 thing and I hear you but I am headed there. LOL! Have confidence, you can get there. Inches lost are just as important if not more so than the scale. That means you are building muscle and muscle takes up less space than fat and uses more calories to maintain even in the resting state. GOOD JOB!

Tinky ~ Bonnie from the commercial is in a group I have been posting with for several years. Some of the others stop in on occasion to say hi. Also, the one that had lost the most, her name slips my mind at the moment, I have chatted with her before. She is still hanging around the boards encouraging people and willing to help with problems. She is just a beautiful individual. I believe all the people on the infomercial actually have stories posted in providaland as we all call it. LOL! There success stories online go into more detail than the infomercial.

OH geez. I forgot to change my ticker to where I really am. I will do that right away.

Well I will talk to you all later. XOXOXOXO!
GrammyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 04:34 PM   #18  
Back to make it to goal!

Location: Seattle, but an Original CA girl! I miss the sunny days!

S/C/G: 204/see ticker/140-135?

Height: 5'3

Grammy- Wow..well put about the 6WBMO. You sound like you're doing your own informercial! Tammy, I also got approved and got the Dr's blessings. It has helped me with my blood pressure, and overall mood changes. I am a lot happier and livelier. LOL! I have gotten to know the bathroom pretty well too. LOL!
I do check Provida from time to time, especially if I need some new recipes or just want some motivation. The people on there also tell it like it is. I love the site as well.

Shy- Health reasons are always the best when it comes to weight. I never thought I would be classified as obese until I went to the Dr.s I was in serious denial.

Ok, I am going to change my goal to 140, at 140 I am at a healthy weight. If I left it at 150, it would be overweight. LOL! So I have a little bit to go. LOL!
Tinky009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 09:05 AM   #19  

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinky009 View Post

Valley- Yeah water weight, gotta love it. It has been said that drinking more water will help flush it out. I have noticed that it does work.
I know that water flushes out the excess water you are storing.....if only I could get into the habit of drinking it more! I have a real hard time with plain water. It feels unnatural drinking so much! That just goes to show how rarely I've stayed with healthy habits in my lifetime!

Quote:
Weather- It has certainly been wacky, the mountains are seeing snow, we have rain and blustery conditions. The midwest if raining and flooding. Oy! Crazy!
we had a huge storm here in upstate NY yesterday...lost power for 10 hours! My uncle is still without this morning. crazy? I guess so! It goes from one extreme to the other. When the storm started is was 90 degrees. When it finished, it was 68! A 22 degree drop in just 2 hours!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shy Moment View Post
valley
It is a very do able goal. I just get worried when people set goals like that for them selfs. Some people, if they don't meet goals don't eat well enough so they can hit those goals. I see no reason you couldn't do that but please please make sure you are eating enough.
Thanks for the warning, Shy. I totally understand what you are saying and appreciate the concern. *hugs*

I made myself a chart yesterday, with all of the daily requirements...I was really surprised at how little of the daily requirements I get for dairy and proteins and grains. I was staying in my calories range so I figured I was doing ok. What an eye opener that was for me. I really need to learn to be more careful so I am getting the right nutrition. It would be very easy to "fall off the wagon" if I started feeling poorly because i'm not eating enough of the right foods! I wonder if other people do the same thing. I'm beginning to believe that its not just about calorie counting...its really about proper nutrition and healthy portions. *this would be a good time for someone to slap me on the forehead and say "DUH!!!"*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammyL View Post
Valley ~ WELCOME BACK to calorie counting!
Thanks Grammy.
valley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 09:21 AM   #20  
Gettin Closer!!

S/C/G: See Signature

Height: Tall enough for my feet to reach the ground

Shy-I am doing good. I have been off track again....to the point where I didnt want to get on a scale. But today I FORCED myself to weigh in just to see how bad I was. I was surprised, I was still the same weight! So I am going to be on plan again!

Tammy-things are going ok for you? Are you liking it over here with us now?

I am having my ankle surgery MONDAY! OMG I can hardly believe it is 5 days away! DH and youngest DD are driving to Rapid City, SD on Sunday to be there on Monday for the surgery. I figure I can go swimming with them Sunday night, then we can go to the Surgery Center Monday mid morning when it is time to check in. I will be on crutches for 2 months then a walking cast for 4-6 weeks after that...so my whole summer is pretty much SHOT. But that is ok, I need to have this done.
StillTryin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 06:08 PM   #21  

I'll be checking out that site for the program and see what it is. Might be something to consider.

Still, things are ok. I do like the calorie counting thread. Pretty good group!! I can't believe the surgery is so soon! It seemed so far away.
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 09:41 AM   #22  
Gettin Closer!!

Tammy-I know what you mean! Seemed that I had a LONG time and now here it is 4 days away now.....WOW.

I am doing better. I was pretty good the last 2 days. I have not been PERFECT, but much better than the past week.....

I am working on it again today so we will see what happens. I guess my mom may move by me again in the next couple months, she is having some hard times and I told her I would help her out, so we will see.
Old 06-12-2008, 10:14 AM   #23  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Still
Sounds like you have a lot going on with surgery just around the corner and your mom moving close by. I know it is hard but try to relax and just take things one day at a time. Here is what you do lol. Get a sprinkler hooked up to the garden hose. Put a lawn chair in your hard and that sprinkler right under your chair lol. Put a plastic bag over that cast. Get cool and enjoy the outside all you can.

valley
I was surprised when I started to look at how much I needed to eat to get those required amounts of the four basic food groups in. It takes me from the time I get up until the time I go to bed to eat enough. I wasn't eating near enough of the bread and cereal group. I still struggle with that group. You are absolutely right. Calories are important, fats and carbs and proteins are important. BUT getting the right amounts of foods is even more important. Staying within my calories and such isn't all that hard. That doesn't mean I am always eating what I should be. This is something I really have to pay attention to as it gets hotter. I already had the problem that I didn't eat enough and I know I never want to eat when it is hot. I feel like nasty all over when I am not eating what I should be eating.

Tinky
I was never in denial lol. I knew I was the size of a school bus. I have come a long way. I am only the size of a mini van now lol.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 08:47 PM   #24  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shy Moment View Post
valley
I was surprised when I started to look at how much I needed to eat to get those required amounts of the four basic food groups in. It takes me from the time I get up until the time I go to bed to eat enough. I wasn't eating near enough of the bread and cereal group. I still struggle with that group.
I had a very hard time today. I got no dairy, 1 grain and only 1 protein serving. Tomorrow is grocery day. I'm going to focus on some light cheeses and I definitely need to start having some whole grain toast in the morning or at least at night for a snack..no wonder I alway binged. My body has been starving for nutrients.

Quote:
Staying within my calories and such isn't all that hard. That doesn't mean I am always eating what I should be. This is something I really have to pay attention to as it gets hotter. I already had the problem that I didn't eat enough and I know I never want to eat when it is hot. I feel like nasty all over when I am not eating what I should be eating.
You know..now that you mention this, I think I do the same. I tend to lose weight much better in the summer when its hot. Also, I am constantly fatigued. Here I was blaming the baby for it (and my age, lol)...one look at my chart convinced me of the real reason! I'm kinda excited to see just how much better I will feel when I start eating better on a regular basis. Isnt it amazing that many of us can go for years feeling this way? Other people seem to have to problem at all!
Old 06-12-2008, 09:27 PM   #25  
Gettin Closer!!

Shy-I can tell you this...that cast IS NOT going to slow me down this summer...I have only really modified 2 activities....the rest I will do come he*l or high water..

I plan on doing just that...getting in the sprinkler with my 3 y/o and still going to the pool with her (wading pool that is). I am getting excited to get it over with....
Old 06-13-2008, 12:06 PM   #26  

Grammy and Tinky, did you buy the whole package that it talks about at the site, or did you buy a book and learn about it that way?

Valley, I've been logging my foods online, and it shows me at the end of the day how I've done. It was an eye opener at the beginning. I am doing much better now. Good luck! And as for age, you are just a pup!!! I just turned 53 in May.

I didn't go to class this morning. I was hurting so bad that I asked my husband to help me get dressed. He just looked at me and said, "I think it is really silly to try to do the class if you can't even dress yourself." Good point. I took some of the arthritis medicine and went back to bed. I'm feeling better, but I still hurt. It has been raining, so I'm sure that is part of it.

Hope you all have a great weekend!
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 12:28 PM   #27  
Back to make it to goal!

Location: Seattle, but an Original CA girl! I miss the sunny days!

S/C/G: 204/see ticker/140-135?

Height: 5'3

Tammy- I am so sorry you were in a lot of pain this morning! I hope you feel better. I bought the whole system, but didn't buy it through their site, I went to HSN (home shopping network). I chose to do the 3 monthly payment options. There is a lot of info to go through. But it's fun. Are you thinking about getting on it?
Tinky009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 02:22 PM   #28  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tammy View Post
Valley....as for age, you are just a pup!!! I just turned 53 in May.
oh, I totally love you now....not for being older, but for considering me young. Some days my back screams at me and calls me 90! I have a chronic back problem that tends to keep me feeling a lot older than I am.

Last edited by valley; 06-13-2008 at 02:23 PM.
Old 06-13-2008, 02:52 PM   #29  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

valley
I gain weight when I don't eat enough lol. My body turns everything I put in my mouth to fat. I eat more I lose weight lol.

Still
I can remember going in the river and tubbing with a back brace on lol. I wasn't going to sit around.

Tammy
I am sorry today is one of those bad days. Pain is just something hard to deal with. Hope you feel better real soon.

Well, didn't lose any weight this weigh in but that is ok. I started my DOT today and no weight gain at all is probably a loss since I can be up about 5 pounds this time of month. That is how I am going to look at it lol. I was expecting the weight loss to slow down since I am getting closer to goal. Have a feeling I am going to have to pay closer attention to how I am eating. The days of being off here and there are probably over. On the other hand, we are talking this is the rest of my life. Slower weight loss is ok as long as I don't have to do without everything to lose what I have left to lose. I am just tickled. I weigh about 60 pounds less than I did last summer, I can cross my legs. I don't feel like Shamoo the killer whale when I am in the pool lol.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 09:59 AM   #30  
Gettin Closer!!

Well I am at work today...then at noon when we close I am going to get my little one from grandma's and go home and get things ready. We are leaving tomorrow about noon to drive to where my surgery will be on Monday. It is a 5 HOUR drive, so we are going to drive tomorrow and then stay in a hotel so I can swim with little one. The older kids are staying home(well with friends).
Monday I have to be to the surgery place by 11am! My surgery is at 12:30. I will be home Tuesday night but I am pretty sure I will not be online again until Wednesday at least...... So I wanted to let you all know where I will be!

Good luck and have a great weekend/beginning of the week!