Old 08-19-2007, 02:35 PM   #211  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

Tinky I've been meaning to go to Kohls and find this Wonderbra Ive been hearing I must have. Supposedly they go up to a 38D, not sure about the double and its a 20 something dollar bra.

by the time I'm back to my goal weight and finished nursing three kids up to age three each, my boobs will be tiny sacks of empty skin. Its okay. I can probably fold them a couple times to fill a B cup.
CoolMom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 02:52 PM   #212  
Triplet Mom

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/158

Height: 5'2"

Hi, I'm back from vacation! I really have to say thanks for all the help/advice offered for my loooong car trip (12 hrs). Changing my mindset from trying-to-lose to trying-to-maintain was a big deal for me. It took some of the pressure off. I really didn't want to "manually" count calories on vacation plus didn't have internet access so I couldn't use fitday either.

In any case, it was a great week. The car ride went really, really well. I ate loads of fruit (cherries, apricots & plums) and for a treat I had garlic herb laughing cow lite cheese on whole wheat crackers. When we stopped at McDonald's for breakfast, I had a small yogurt parfait. At the cheese factory, I allowed myself 2 cubes of cheese. I felt so great when we arrived...I had been successful!

As for the rest of the week - I stuck to my usual breakfasts, either whole wheat english muffin w/peanut butter & honey or 1 packet of oatmeal w/walnuts & blueberries. For lunch I made quesadilla's several times using whole wheat tortillas. For the kids I used shredded cheese and turkey. For myself I used a tbsp. of strong parmesan cheese with a huge handfull of fresh spinach. YUM! We ate out a few times and I made good choices. Snacking I stuck to popcorn & fruit. It was tough not being near a grocery store - the closest is 30+ minutes away. We walked lots - at least 2 miles every day and sometimes 4 miles. The weather was great but we came home 1 day early because it was supposed to rain all day yesterday (drove through 8 hours worth of rain-ugh!).

So, I was nervous when I stepped on the scale this morning...official weigh-in isn't until Tuesday. But, good news, I weigh exactly what I weighed when I left! I am thrilled!!!

Today I'm back to logging my calories. Hope to make my August goal!
Brightside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 03:17 PM   #213  
Back to make it to goal!

Location: Seattle, but an Original CA girl! I miss the sunny days!

S/C/G: 204/see ticker/140-135?

Height: 5'3

Bridgette- I'm sorry for your loss as well.

I never bothered to look at the brand, it's Chantelle, I decided they're all going to go back. I figured out by budget and wasn't really suppose to spend that much. DF's birthday is coming up, and I could put that 200 to something more meaningful. So I will probably go get a decent bra until I could afford to spend...which probably will be in Sept. LOL I have heard of Dillards, I used to live in Albuquerque, and that was our "high end" dept store. I kinda miss it, but wouldn't trade anything in the world for Nordstrom's!

CoolMom- You know I've been hearing such great things about Kohl's I remember when they first opened when I was living in CA, and they were like only a tiny step above Mervyn's. That's cool that carry the Wonderbra. LOL about the folding....

RockNRoll- I was surprised myself about the amount, but was caught in the moment when I was at Nordstrom. They have such a great service you can't help but get caught. LOL!

One last thing about the bras, DF was said it better be worth it or have gold sewn into it. LOL Men, they will never understand! LOL

Well off to return my purchase! Sniffle!
Tinky009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 09:12 AM   #214  

S/C/G: 235/ticker/130

Height: 5'1"

GOOD NEWS! I lost 7.8 lbs last week. I am sure almost all is bloat and probably a few pounds of fat but I will take it.

Well my weekend stunk to say the least. Saturday was excellent and I ate on plan but Sunday, we had the flu. Mine started on Saturday with the back door trots and then early Sunday morning my tummy started acting up but never actually lost my cookies. I just wanted to lay around all day but we had DGS, our source of the flu, and he was feeling better and up terrorizing everything. DH was about 4 hrs behind me on symptoms and was kind of calling be of baby and told me I needed to help out with DGS more because he didn’t feel good either. Well I think about the time it was time to go to bed he was where I was in the afternoon because all he wanted to do is lay down. He will never admit anything but I wanted to say, there now you know how it feels. By the time he hit his worst I was recovering. I drank some Vernors (this may be a Michigan pop, it has ginger in it) and I was much better. So I ate very little yesterday, about 500 calories if I was lucky.

RocknRoll ~ CONGRATS! Plateaus are always hard for me to handle because you work so hard and just don’t go anywhere. Good job on staying with it until you jumped over the stall.

Tinky ~ I wish I could help you with the C body type but I am an A. I lost all my cards that tell be about the other body types by sharing. Foods are always similar but I think you would get more meat than I do and would eat different things at different times. I also have to get some new bras because mine are just worn out and when I jog my boobs work out more than the rest of me. HAHAHAHA! Black eye syndrome. HAHAHA! The bloat will go away, just give it time.

Diane ~ Just brush yourself off and let it go. If you beat yourself up to much it may have ill effects on your attitude. I know I have to beat myself up a little and then let it go so I can do better the next day.

Zoe ~ Mine is still a red chili, I just used cut up chicken instead of ground beef. It does have a different flavor than the beef and it is so yummy and healthy. I have always wanted to try a white chicken chili but never have. Your are to funny about the panties. HAHAHA! I am looking forward to buying smaller myself and not the granny panties. Right now I have elephant (saggy butt) butt syndrome and DH makes fun of me.

Bridgette ~ Sorry for your loss, that would be hard. Its true we don’t always take the time to appreciate what we have in life. I try every day to thank the Lord for what I have because even though I complain there are others worse off and at least I am here. We make pizza’s using Light Flatouts. That way we each get what we want and I can control what goes on mine.

Zoe ~ HAHAHA! That is too funny about folding your boobs to make a B cup. I think just my skin alone I will stay a D. It’s my own fault from letting myself get so big because those are one of the first things to go up in size.

Brightside ~ Good job at maintaining, it is hard to do when your on vacation.

Tinky ~ No, men will never understand and the were probably the ones that created them. HAHAHAHA!
GrammyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 09:13 AM   #215  

Here is the recipe:

chicken cut in 1-inch cubes or size you like
Pinto Beans
1 can diced no salt tomatoes
Fresh mushrooms, sliced
Bell peppers, chopped
Onion, chopped
Chicken Stock

Seasoning:
Cumin
Chili Powder
Garlic Powder

None of this is an exact science, I am a taster. Also, everyone has his or her own expectations of the dish. Some like it thick, some like it thin, others like lots of beans or some like lots of meat. You can adjust this to what ever your family likes.

I cut the chicken up and fry it in the pot with cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, onion and bell pepper. After it starts to brown a little I add the mushrooms. When they turn a light brown I add the tomatoes, pinto beans and chicken stock. I add enough chicken stock to make it the consistency you’re looking for. Then I taste to see what additional seasoning it needs and test off and on for about a ½.

I like to use leftovers for baked potatoes. YUMMO!
Old 08-20-2007, 01:17 PM   #216  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

Sounds easy Lara. You use the canned beans then? I'll have to try it out. Thanks for sharing.
CoolMom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 01:23 PM   #217  

Zoe ~ Yes, I buy a big jar of them and then rise them. I don't use the whole jar just what we want and store the rest in the fridge until I need them next.

Today for lunch I am having turkey taco salad. It is so yummy. I make my own season mix (no salt) so it works for my program. I took some of my leftover turkey from last week, cut up some different colored bell peppers, onions and mushrooms (odd I know) and then cooked them up in a nonstick frying pan (no oil). Then I just put it on a bed of lettuce, no dressing needed because the turkey and veggies are seasoned well. It is so yummy! For my carb I have a 1/2 c oatmeal w/cinnamon. This is one of my favorite meals on this program for lunch.

Well have to go and will check back later.
Old 08-20-2007, 07:43 PM   #218  
Highest Weight ever, 225

S/C/G: 225/185/160

Height: 5'8"

Hey all thought I would throw a quick post in, since I started working at starbucks I am TIRED. Its good for me to be moving more and I am really enjoying it, gets me out of the house more, homeschooling means not much me time lol. I am stalled out big time and I am sure its all my fault! I have been bad with calories (1700-1800 range all the time) and eating too much wheat. If I am off it for a while its ok but once I give in I get all kinds of cravings and I THINK I am hungry all the time, even though I think its just the improper digestion sending me odd signals. Need to clean out my system man!

Catching up somewhat, mmm chicken turkey sounds good! do you use ground chicken or cube it? I made turkey chili the other day and it was nummy!

Tinky, yep I need new bra's and undies, I have one bra I am literally swimming in feels funny! So hard though to spend money when all I want to do is lose weight, I finally understand why you sometimes will see people who have lost a lot and are still wearing clothes they swim in!

Ooops hubby needs me to come get him, gotta run bye!
edzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 11:16 AM   #219  

S/C/G: 221/see ticker/130

Height: 5"2

hey all,
Been super busy lately I have to drive 5 hours tomorrow for my husband to go for an interview...the interview isn't until thursday but we are going down a day early to be sure he is on time. then friday I am going to a festival they have here in ontario called the exhibition. lots of bad food L( ick. I am trying to get everything ready for our trip...a trip with a 7 month old is a lot of work. I have been doing good on my calories and hoping to lose at least a pound this week...been doing lots of walking so we will have to see.
irishfairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 11:59 AM   #220  

Edzard ~ I do both but usually I just cube it up myself. I am go for the good ground turkey which can be a bit pricey but the cheaper stuff has so much fat. Plus, my DH likes chunks of meat, you know the manly thing. HAHAHAHA!

Irishfairy ~ Sounds like fun but hard to avoid the temptations but you always do a great job.

Still not a 100% today on the way I feel but I am getting there. I keep having bouts of unsettled tummy. I think the flu thing is still hanging around or its the meds I am taking for my mouth pain from the wisdom teeth.

I am still following my plan, it seems so easy during the week. My biggest challenge is weekends but since I was sick and we were broke last weekend was easy. Hopefully I will do equally as well this weekend.

Well I better get going and I will pop in later.
Old 08-21-2007, 12:56 PM   #221  
Highest Weight ever, 225

I know some people think its bad but I have been weighing myself everyday (for research purposes) and it seems like I am finally heading in the right direction. After many ups and downs I am finally seeing some real downward progress, lets just hope it sticks and my week goes well. Its interesting to track everyday you weight and see that the highs don't go quite so high and the lows creep down just a little bit more lol. I got 187.5 this morning so I am basically finally at my Labor Day goal!! Unfortunatley I have almost been there a long time so my Sept. 1st goal that I set at the beginning of August might not happen ( I think I said 182 for that) oh well.

Irishfairy, good luck with the job interview, and now that my eating has changed over the years those fairs just don't even hold anything appetizing for me much anymore, except maybe a gyro and sometimes carmel apple and those are not as bad as some of the stuff I have heard of there.

GrammyL I feel your pain, weekends (including fridays) are bad!

I am gonna try to save about 1000 calories or more for friday night, its our 11 year anniversary! Yeah!! We are gonna go out for some Mediterannian at a place called Med Kitchen. I already know what I want cause we only go a few times a year. Lamb Kabobs with safron rice and hummus, they start you with Lentil soup and finish with Turkish coffee, not anything bad for you but their pita bread (wheat ugh!) is awesome and hard to resist and I might be tempted by their baklava......oh and their portions are HUGE, we can share and bring home 2 more meals worth, but they charge for sharing so we almost never do, better value you know!

Give me strength!
Old 08-21-2007, 02:09 PM   #222  

Hi everyone!

Lara - So sorry you were sick, but congrats on the loss!

I'm still going downhill, on day 16 of my elimination diet. I really want to get back into CCing, but right now it just seems like one more thing I've got to do in my life. With my diet being so restricted, I can't really plan menus or anything. It's thrown everything out of wack. I put down the babies for bed around 7:30pm, and usually end up falling asleep with them for the night. My husband says he tries to wake me up but I just won't.

Anyways, enough complaining. Can't complain about losing weight, even though it is a pain eating the same foods every day. But I'm thinking that I'm destined for a life free from gluten, or wheat at the least. My husband has that allergy, and chances are good my kids do as well. I don't really mind that, because I've never been one of those types who has to have bread at every meal. I will just have to find another way to make the vegan chocolate peanut butter bars that I LOVE! Mmmmmm, I want some.....
cjc92802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 03:09 PM   #223  
Highest Weight ever, 225

Hey if you PM me the recipe maybe I can look at it and see if there is something I can do with it.....I have made WF scones, cookies, brownies ect....can't quite get a good tortilla or pizza crust but have made a good flat bread that works for that. Unfortunatley you have to eat the stuff quickly or it loses texture but hey its better than never eating a cookie again or paying $10 in the store for stuff like that.

Also visity www.madebymona.com she has great WF mixes and supplies!
Old 08-21-2007, 04:06 PM   #224  

Carrie ~ I just don't know how you are doing it. I would dread the next mouthfull of food. I would be a bad Mom and stop breast feeding, you are just so strong.

Edzard ~ I see congratulations are in order. 11 years, they just fly don't they?

Well I better get going and I will check back with you all tomorrow.
Old 08-21-2007, 04:06 PM   #225  

cattpam:
Thought everyone might benefit from this...

Are You Afraid Of Being Thin?
By Dr. Matthew Anderson
Exclusive for eDiets

Here is a surprising truth about many weight-challenged individuals: they (you) have a great fear of being thin.

Yes, I know that almost everyone who is overweight says that they want to be thin. But it is also true that a very high percentage of those people fail at weight loss. Trust me. You do not fail because you are lazy and undisciplined. I have worked with too many weight-challenged people to believe this. You fail because you have a deep-seated fear of what will happen when and if you drop all those pounds.

You get sick of being overweight and decide to diet. For a while you drop pounds. Then without warning something happens and you lose control and begin to gain again. You feel almost possessed by a drive to eat, and you cannot seem to stop even though you know you are adding all that weight you worked so hard to lose. You hate yourself and you blame yourself and you may even feel a bit crazy.

I have counseled hundreds of individuals who relate the same disturbing story and have discovered that they all share something in common. They all have a deep fear of being thin. When their weight loss approaches a certain point, they stop feeling fat (every dieter has this point). This is when their fear takes over and drives them to revert to fattening eating habits. The fear is often so strong and so confusing that they have no way to productively manage themselves. This process continues until they gain enough to take away the fear.

Sadly almost 99 percent of all diet programs have no understanding of this fear and provide no support, counseling or tools for discovering and managing it. But the fear is real and extremely powerful and will block all efforts to get and stay thin unless it is confronted and managed.

Is the situation hopeless? Are you doomed to be held forever hostage to your fear of thin? No. It is not hopeless and Yes, you can do something about it. Fear can be overcome if it is identified and then confronted with support. I have made a list below of examples of fear from many of the weight-challenged people I have counseled. I encourage you to read the list and see if some of these items apply to you. Then I also suggest that you make your own list based on the exercise I describe at the end of the article. Then you will be on your way to positive change.

Possible Sources of Fear of Thin

Please use this list to begin your own search for your fear or fears of being thin. If you find even one item that applies to you, pay attention and look more closely at yourself. Simply identifying a fear is a giant step on the way to overcoming it.

You may fear your sexual energy. Many individuals fear they will become out of control sexually if they lose weight.

You may have been raped and fat protects you from men. "If I stay obese men will not pursue me and I will be safe."

Your self-esteem may be very low and you might actually feel undeserving of weight loss.

Your fat may be a way of resisting the growing up process (baby fat) because adulthood seems frightening.

You may believe that losing weight might require you to make other scary or painful choices and changes (divorce, change jobs, lose friends).

Weight loss may require you to accept more challenges or responsibilities and staying fat then becomes a form of safety.

You may fear being seen and therefore judged.

You may fear the loss of food as a drug and as a hiding place from the difficulties of your life.

You may fear your own power. "Who and what will I be if I drop these pounds?"

These are just a few of the fears of being thin. I encourage you to take a deeper look into your own mind and heart with this exercise. Write 25 different completions to this sentence. Don't stop with five or 15. Do all 25. You will find amazing and useful answers. "I am afraid to be thin because..."

If you want more tough minded tools for exploring this subject please email me at [email protected]. Now, go do your homework. You can beat your fear of thin.