Old 08-16-2007, 01:19 PM   #196  

I have found out that about 0.5% of the population has Celiac's Disease, but nearly 15% have a gluten intolerance. I *think* the difference is the body's reaction to the food. With Celiac's, it's an immune response and your intestines actually become damaged with exposure to gluten. With a gluten intolerance, there's no damage, but you have bad symptoms.

I'm thinking it's more likely a gluten intolerance - like a dairy protein intolerance. Nevertheless, I'm struggling to get to "baseline" with my twins. We're on day 11 and there's no significant improvement. I've been told it could take 2-3 weeks, though. Ugh!
cjc92802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 01:27 PM   #197  

WOW! I'm wearing both of the babies right now. I wear them every day for at least 4 hours, with a combined weight of 32-34 pounds. I'm used to it (I've been doing it since their combined weight was only 9 pounds.) but there's no denying it's quite a load.

I just stood on the scale to see how much we all weighed.

203.5 pounds

If you deduct for clothing and baby carriers (3.5 pounds)

You get 200 pounds. That's right where I started!!! I cannot BELIEVE that I used to carry around this much extra weight on my body. I'm speechless.
cjc92802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 01:50 PM   #198  

S/C/G: 235/ticker/130

Height: 5'1"

Zoe ~ That happens to me right where I am. This is a comfortable weight even though I have 60 to go. I have been higher for a few years but I have spent most of my adult life in the 170 - 180s. I have to really get my steam going or I will never get out of the 180's because my body prefers this weight also. I have been here for over a year and that is why I am switching back to my strict program that will get the weight off.

Tinky ~ It really is a great program and results are quick and for those that are determined to follow the program 100% the weight comes off fast. There are people who actually never start an exercise program and get the weight off. One is now trying to make up for that mistake because she is thin and flabby. The success stories are fantastic and motivating to read. For those that like to cook and be as healthy as they can be, this is the program for them. I don't like to cook and get tired of leftovers but if it means getting the weight of I will do it. I guess no one said it would be easy.

Carrie ~ I know. I have carried bags of salt into the house and thought, HMM this is how much I have lost and I have even further to go. Scarry.

Well I have to get some work done. Talk at you all later.
GrammyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 04:13 PM   #199  
Skinny Minnie in Training

S/C/G: 219/see ticker/149

Height: 5'5"

I'm back...I was away at a work conference last week, and out of the office every day this week so far, so I'm just getting back to my routines. I was working 14+ hours/day and eating what I could when I could. Needless to say, fitday was not part of my daily regime and I'm up 3.5 at this week's Monday weigh-in. I'm already down 1 from that, so hopefully, this blip will be off the radar screen quickly and I'll be back on plan. I hope to catch up on reading this thread over the weekend, but just wanted you to know that I'm still with you and still rooting you all on!

--K
queenjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 09:47 PM   #200  
Back to make it to goal!

Location: Seattle, but an Original CA girl! I miss the sunny days!

S/C/G: 204/see ticker/140-135?

Height: 5'3

Good Evening Everyone!

My day has been pretty good. I only did my 30 min work out at work. I'm pretty darn sore still! LOL!

Today's calories: 1391 <----- That may change if I decide to have some watermelon! LOL!

Fiber: 25

I'm so glad it's the end of the week already! Well with one more day to go atleast! LOL! Yay! Have a good night!!
Tinky009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 08:17 AM   #201  

S/C/G: 235/ticker/130

Height: 5'1"

Queenjane ~ Welcome back and I know how that feels. When I am gone, there is no one to cover my job so when I came back from vacation I had some long hours.

Tinky ~ Good job on the exercise and I hear you that I am glad this week is over. By the way I have been counting the calories that i consume on the 6WBMO and most days I am only consuming around 1000 calories. Just a heads up. You do get more if you exercise. It always amazes me that the calories are that low because I rarely get hungry. Usually when I do get hungry is because I exercised and didn't do a preworkout meal which is a little more calories to support your workout.

I was kinda bummed because the rapid weight loss has ended and now I will start the slower loss. If I stay true to the program, my experience in the past, is I lose about 1/2 lb a day which is nothing to sneeze at but that is only if I follow it. I am determined to stay true to it so I can get this done and over with.

Another bonus to this program is less trash. Really, we only had two bags of trash this week instead of 4 to 7. I forgot that fresh foods require less packaging.

Last night I made Chicken Chili for dinner. It was so good and I thought there would be lots of leftovers and there is probably only about 1 1/2 servings left. I switched from ground beef to chicken about a year ago when making chili and now I can't stand the taste of regular chili and obviously my family prefers this version because the last batch of beef chili I made I had over half the pan left.

Well I better get going, I only work a 1/2 day today.
GrammyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 11:12 AM   #202  

S/C/G: 165/see ticker/125

Height: 5'6

I FINALLY BROKE THE 20 POUND MARK!!

After weeks of gaining and losing the same two pounds I finally broke the plateau! It feels great because I have been eating fruits, veggies, cheerios, and lean protein

I just felt like I needed to shout it out somewhere! I would tell my mom but shes still in bed because of her surgery.

Yesterdays Information
fat- 16%
carbs- 53%
protein- 31%

happy friday everyone
RocknRoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 11:34 AM   #203  

S/C/G: 235/199/160

Height: 5' 10 1/2"

Congrats, RocknRoll!

Thursday:

Total: 1342
Fat: 33g, 24%
Carbs: 207g, 48%
Protein: 86g, 28%
Fiber: 60g
OH2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 11:32 AM   #204  
Back to make it to goal!

GrammyL- I probably will really look into it more (6WBO) after my Vacation in Sept. I did the pre test thing and it said I was a C. I need to go buy a new sports bra today, if I'm going to work out at all. LOL Working out in a regular bra is NO fun and it feels s weird!

RockNRoll- Congrats girl! I knew you could break your plateau. Keep up the good work!

Oh2007- I'm amazed by your fiber intake!! Awesome job!!

Yay the weekend is finally here. I had one hellish Friday. Don't need to go into details, but ugh! LOL! So DF and I indulged in eating at a buffet last night, I didn't go too crazy, but I do have sodium bloat and gain. I'm going to cook some oatmeal in a few. The good thing about me going off track is that I get back on it fast, so I'll be fine. I hope! LOL! Have a great weekend everyone!!
Old 08-18-2007, 11:34 AM   #205  

S/C/G: 235/199/160

Height: 5' 10 1/2"

Friday sucked. I have no clue about the fats/carbs/protein ratio because we went out to eat again. Total cals were around 2100-2200, though. I don't mind splurging once a week or so on cals but I ate mindlessly. That's not cool. Bleh.
OH2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 06:16 PM   #206  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

gratz Rocknroll!!!!!!

Grammy, I've been meaning to try out a white chili recipe. It sounds yummy. I'll leave out the cheese rolls this time. LOL which recipe do you use? I'd love to try one thats already had the stamp of approval.

I'm still having a heck of a time cutting back on cals, giving in to one more slice or one more serving, etc. I am thoroughly enjoying my basket of size 12 clothes now. And tonight I am making a trip to Target to update my stash of underwear. if I got in a car accident I wouldn't want to be caught in these huge granny panties I have going on. They are so big on me now they were shrooming out the top of my pants for all to see. eeeeeww! LOL
CoolMom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 07:46 PM   #207  
Back to make it to goal!

LOL Coolmom....the horror, of getting caught with granny panties! I wouldn't want that either. I know the feeling with the underwear thing...my friend said that I was parachuting.

I went to Nordstrom to get fitted, and walked away with two bras and a panty..I spent 200 dollars, though I might return one because, I need to watch my spending! LOL! Well I found out that I'm a 38DD! Wow, they were a bit bigger before I started, but dang......I wonder how much bigger! LOL!
Old 08-19-2007, 11:54 AM   #208  

S/C/G: 165/see ticker/125

Height: 5'6

Thanks guys

Yesterday's Data:

Fat: 16.7%
Carbs: 55.6%
Protein: 27.7 %

Tinky- wow 200? I go to Victoria's Secret and think thats a splurge
RocknRoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 12:50 PM   #209  

S/C/G: 235/150.5/145

Height: 5'5"

avg for the week:

calories 1343
fat 39g 26%
carbs 204g 54%
protein 64g 19%
fiber 26

RocknRoll: Congrats on the 20lbs.

CoolMom75: white chili does sound really good. I've had it at Ruby Tuesdays but never made it at home...I'd be interested in GrammyL's recipe too. I know what you mean about one more slice or serving... I usually am pretty good.. but last night wasn't one of them.. We decided to make pizzas using pita bread.. I told my DH to pick up what he wanted for his pizza along with a bag of salad...well he came home with a fresh loaf of french bread. I had a small salad and about 3 or 4 slices of bread...I didn't have room for the veggie pizza i was going to make and boy did I feel miserably bloated after that

Tinky009: what kind of bras did you get? I bought a couple of bras from Dillards(kinda like Nordstroms or Macys), my DH about flipped out when I spent 68 dollars on a Le Mystere bra. Unfortunately, I too wear a size 38DD and find it hard to find a supportive bra that keeps the girls where they're supposed to be. I figure I'd rather find an expensive bra that works for me than buy 5 cheap ones that I'm not happy with.

This last week has been a busy one and it doesn't look like this week is going to be much better. I ran around getting DD signed up for all her fall activities. I'm trying to figure out if there's going to be a day during the week that we don't have something going on. I can't imagine what it's going to be like when she's older . Today and tomorrow are going to be difficult we have a visitation/funeral for a 23 yo friend of the family. It seems so wrong to have someone that young taken away from us, she had so many things yet to experience. But maybe it's a sign to appreciate what we have today, because we really don't know how long we'll be around to enjoy it.

Anyways....keep me and my family in your thoughts and prayers.

Bridgette.
dream710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 02:31 PM   #210  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

Bridgette...we make home made pizza with a partially whole wheat crust and low cal, home made sauce every Friday night. They are so good. But its easy to over do it with one more slice. ugh! I try and avoid it by only making the bare minimum for the dinner and the next days lunch.

Sorry about the loss of your friend.
CoolMom75 is offline   Reply With Quote