3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-winning-losing-184/)
-   -   THe biggest loser final chat thread (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-winning-losing/94287-biggest-loser-final-chat-thread.html)

KAR73 10-14-2006 11:42 AM

Hi Everyone,
Sorry I have been MIA for a week or so. Had a family friend get killed on 10/2 by a drunk driver. He was my age,so it has been a very hard time for me dealing with the fact that he was so young and died so senselessly. Then my TOM hit me this past week and haven't felt good in the evenings, after having to put my best foot forward at work all day long to be polite to everyone. :) I did gain this week 2.25 pounds. But I think I was retenting water due to that TOM. I have been watching what I eat and working out in the mornings. So I am hoping that next week I will be down again.
Looks like everyone is doing great! Keep up the great work ladies!
Will come back and be personal with everyone later.
Have a great weekend!
Kerry

BerkshireGrl 10-14-2006 03:35 PM

Kerry, I'm so sorry about your friend :hug:

BerkshireGrl 10-15-2006 11:31 AM

Sunday check-in

Good afternoon all Team Members! :D

I must confess I had an off-plan night Friday, with *bleep* [censored] :lol: carby badness.

BOY did I feel like poop later! So not worth it. Plus I had to wake up early to work a half day on Saturday :p Lesson learned. Eating a huge carby meal after being on Atkins "purely" for 2 weeks reminds me how good I feel on Atkins (which still surprises me.) I have had a long habit of eating whatever on Friday nights, maybe to celebrate the work week being over ;) and it got me this past Friday. Or, really, I gave in to old urges. Duh!

But I am right back on track, and I'm shooting for at least a 2 pound loss for next Friday! I am not beaten! :lol: I definitely WILL NOT be doing this next Friday!

Question: if you were travelling to see a friend out-of-state, and you were on a special diet like low-carb, would you ask her to buy some LC foods for you? I think I will, but I feel weird about it ;) She has asked me before, but not this time, what kinds of food I prefer so she can go shopping... though last time I was there she hadn't really bought anything I responded with :?: Maybe I'll buy some myself and bring them with me? Though it's a 8-hour drive. Or just reimburse her for the costs if she goes shopping beforehand for me? I dunno why I'm so concerned about this, but I know I definitely do not want to spend 3 days faced with carby foods. Especially after re-discovering how miserable they make me feel this past Friday :stars: Ah, the fun of socializing and visiting when you're doing an unusual diet! :lol:

Hope everyone is having a good weekend! :carrot:

angel-eyes 10-15-2006 02:14 PM

well something sim. just happened to me and it really annoyed me!!! .....my neice was coming to visit with her finance and when I asked if there was anything I should not cook (coming from a family of extreme food allergies, I always ask guests now) she told me NOT to cook an alfredo pasta dish for her finance. I said sure but what about the typical red meat sauce. She said sure no problem. We were going out shopping all day so I fixed a crock pot lasagna then when just about ready to serve up....she said " oh I can't have pasta, I'm on a cleansing type diet with no carbs!!" WHAT??? so I had to scrounge around for a chicken breast and was totally pissed off. UH, why hadn't she bother to tell me that when she was talking about the red meat pasta sauce? what am I supposed to serve THAT WITH?? So either way, if you tell her what to pick up....or you show up with different products, you should let her know. I am reminded EVERYTIME my best friend come to visit, ...that she will not eat fish!!! We laugh about it now, you would think she would know now that after 25 years of her being my friend that I know NOT TO COOK her fish.... BY NOW!!! lol Hope you have a great visit!

BerkshireGrl 10-15-2006 02:35 PM

Entering the foreign kitchen jungle...

Angel,

HEH! Boy, I would not dream of waiting until the hostess was about to serve, and be "oh, by the way, that's not on my diet..." That is just not cool! ;)

I just wrote my friend an email and asked if it would be okay to take a quick grocery run when I arrive -- and I'll buy my own stuff -- and I'll cook for her and a couple other people Saturday night :) Easier all around!

I hate to put people out and if faced with the home-cooking that I was not prepared for, I would have just eaten it, as in the case with your niece... but then, I think the more considerate thing to do is to let hosts know ahead of time what kind of way you're eating so they don't waste valuable ingredients on a meal you may not eat or eat with misgivings ;)

tnhydermom 10-15-2006 09:10 PM

I'm a bit nervous about my WI tomorrow. I'm not usually, but this has been a "full" week. I say "full" because my dh took me to Red Lobster Friday night. They have the all you can eat shrimp right now. Mmm. It was good. I counted every single point I put in my mouth. Last night wasn't exactly a "lean" meal either, but again counted every single point. I still have points left from my Weekly Point Allowance, but its almost TOM and I feel bloated for the first time in months. UGH!!!! So..................I'm not expecting tomorrow's WI to be pretty even thought I've stayed OP (on plan) the whole time.

*skrog* 10-15-2006 11:18 PM

well i have royally skrewed up this week i am really going to try for mon and tues to be on plan days even though the rest have not, maybe i should stay that more positivly instead of setting my self up for failure by saying well i'll try... instead i am going to go ahead and rephrase that, mon and tues WILL be on plan days for me, even if wed weigh in isn't great it is better to get back on plan tommorrow and not wait until next week! go team red!!

TERAPET 10-16-2006 10:22 AM

Good Morning Ladies,

I am mad at myself for eating too much on the weekend again! I made the mistake of baking pumpkin bars with frosting. Very yummy but I was totally out of control. I wish I did not overeat but what is done is done. Anyway, today is a new day and I need to work real hard for the next few before weigh in. This accountability thing is difficult. It is kind of deflating when I am not losing weight but it does make me really think about what I am doing. I do want to lose weight therefore, I have to start denying myself the sweets and other junk calories. I remember when I needed to quit smoking, I failed so many times and then finally I really did it. When anyone asked me how I did it, I told them to just not give up. Same with the weight loss, I just got to keep trying!

*skrog* 10-16-2006 06:25 PM

guess what???!!! i EXCERCISED WHOOO HOOO!!:carrot: 30 minutes walking on my treadmill, go me whoo hoo!

AmberD 10-16-2006 10:12 PM

Congratulations on exercising skrog!

I was sooooooo bad this weekend. And I knew I was being bad, and could have made healthier choices, but didn't. And I could blame TOM.... but it was my own fault. I wanted it (whatever *it* might have been at the time) and so I ate it! on thursday... friday... saturday... sunday... and today.

I'm sorry red team :( I was doing so well too!

Sorry to hear about your friend KAR

*skrog* 10-16-2006 11:09 PM

your singing my song amber, that's exactly what i did, except for not today, i was good today, good luck to you, hope you get back on track.

KAR73 10-17-2006 09:46 PM

Hi Ladies,
Sounds like I am not the only one who has been struggling here lately to be good. It is so hard to eat healthly all the time I think without careful planning of your food intake for the day. Like on Friday night, my dh, one sds and I went to Burger King for dinner. I ate their new Angus Swiss Burger and a small fry. Now mind you that use to fill me up in my pre-healthy eating days. But on Friday night, because had eaten alot of carbs, I felt hungier for some reason and I also felt crappy at the same time. I now wish I would have gotten a salad or just told them I would get something to eat some where else. But I was able to take off 1.5 this week. So I guess I am doing something right. LOL
Skrog, congrats on excerising yesterday. I bet that made your day. Since you have been wanting to fit that in your day. Hope you have a great wi this week. So were you able to walk on your treadmill today?
Amber, we all have times when we eat unhealthy. But I just look at it as I was off track and now I am going to get back on track. I think if we don't get off track every once in awhile, then our bodies will crave the bad food and we will give into the craves and really fall off track. So I think few bad eating days here and there is okay. To err is human. Hope today was better for you.
Terapet, sounds like you have a good plan set up for yourself to lose the weight. I know how hard it is not to eat junk foods on the weekends when things are a little more relaxed . Hope you can start losing weight again. I really think that it is a mindset and we all have to set our minds to it or we will not lose the weight. I will be pulling for you to lose weight! :)
Amy, hope you had a great wi. Sounds like you had stayed on plan even though you went out to eat at Red Lobster. I am cheering for you to have a loss. But I can understand where it is also your TOM. That is how I felt last week. It killed me to post my gain for last week, but it helped me with accountablity. I guess that is one of the main reasons why I am doing this challenge. Hope you have a great week and stay on plan.
Angel, I am sorry to hear about your meal disaster with your neice. I can't image how you must have felt. Especially after asking her want to fix and what not to before she came for the visit. I would have just kept quiet and eat a small portion of your meal, instead of telling you right before you served it that I couldn't eat it. Hope that didn't ruin your visit with her.
Sarah, sounds like you have a great plan for when you go to visit your friend. I know when I eat carby food, then I tend not to feel good and I also tend to overeat. Hope you have a nice visit with your friend.
Well I better go and get ready for bed. It has been a long day with teaching all day, running to a meeting and then going to my sdd's volleyball game. I left my house this morning at 7:30 and didn't get home this evening till 7:45. So I really haven't had much time for myself today after my morning workout before getting ready for school. So I think I will go read a few pages in my romance novel before going to bed. Hope everyone is having a great week!
Talk to you all later.
Kerry

sportmom 10-18-2006 09:17 AM

BK has a great chicken breast sandwich if you ever find yourself in that situation again, and like chicken! It's my standby for whenever we are out all day and need to get something quick. You can even leave off the bread if you are non-carbing and get a side salad instead. It's yummy..........hmm, now I want one for lunch!

Rosario 10-18-2006 09:20 AM

hey guys....i haven't posted in a while as I am way out of the dieting loop. I am really trying to get my eatingback under control and I want to start excercising again....it's so hard, when I am sooo lazy. But I am trying and I refuse to let my red team down again.

take care guys and hang in there!

TERAPET 10-18-2006 11:22 AM

Today is my weigh in day and I gained weight! Waaah. No excuses, I just ate too much. I shouldn't be suprised but I was hoping to just maintain for a week. When I was in Weight Watchers I would just skip a bad week like this, but that is not how this game is played so I just have to "face the music". Sorry Blue team.