3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-winning-losing-184/)
-   -   Season 13! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-winning-losing/249637-season-13-a.html)

shcirerf 02-22-2012 12:43 AM

I know, I've never posted in this thread before, but here goes.

This is the worst season I've ever seen.

Conda, needs to go home. Drama Queen! Daphne and her brother, I tried to like them, but they came in with such a big chip on their shoulders, there was no way to over come it.

For a season of "No excuses" I see mostly a season of whining and blame.

There is no one person that is taking the lead and focusing.

I hope that soon, someone, sucks it up, puts on their big girl/boy panties and gets with it!

cherrypie 02-22-2012 02:33 AM

hopefully now that conda has no scapegoats left it will be obvious to everyone that she is the problem

Italiannie 02-22-2012 07:47 AM

Daphne would have been sent home regardless of what she did. I don't think her and Adrian handled themselves well, but they didn't have a chance. Who needs that kind of abuse?

I don't care for anyone this year. Weightloss and inspiration seem to be on the back burner. It's more like the Jerry Springer show.

I'm done. I simply don't care about any of these people, or their weight loss journey.

Maybe I'll be back next season.

Too bad, I always looked forward to Tuesday nights.

safyre 02-22-2012 09:21 AM

I think Daphne brought it upon herself. I think she had already decided to go home so she didn't really care what happened. I tried to like them too, but wow, it just wasn't going to happen. She said she made the change so she wouldn't lose Bob? I don't buy that. I think she was trying to set up Conda and it backfired horribly. When she went home, didn't she say seeing her brother gave her closure over the entire situation? Where did that so called closure go? The best way to 'honor' her brother would have been to stay, win challenges, lose the weight & succeed. Instead she chose the high school route and in the end came out no better than Conda. She sealed her own fate and I, for one, will not miss her.

SanityNow 02-22-2012 09:23 AM

Last night's BL was pathetic. All the Black Team blaming external factors for their weight gain/poor numbers when they really made a decision to 'throw the game'. Real immature.

I'm not a huge BL fan, because it's such an artificial environment but I thought there was a big lesson in there for me : I am totally in control over what I do/don't do for my health.

sandcar150 02-22-2012 09:25 AM

Italianne, I would be so right there with you if my mom and sister didn't look forward to the three of us getting together each week to watch BL. I told them both as we were watching that I really hate all that drama and if we didn't get together at my sister's house every Tuesday to watch it, I'd probably just DVR it and skip ahead to the weigh in. LOL

This season has been the most aggitating one for me. I liked it so much better years ago at the start when the focus was on the contestants and getting motivated and healthy. Now the show seems to be concentrating more and more on the trainers and they seem to be picking people that they know will cause some drama just to boost the show's ratings.

Jennifer 3FC 02-22-2012 10:45 AM

Wow, I was totally wrong in my prediction! I thought Chris would be the drama, of dealing without Roy, but they didn't even mention it. She actually seems stronger.

Conda and Daphne - I was hoping they'd start throwing fists and both get sent home! I agree about the drama. It was sleazy and I was embarrassed to be watching it. This show can do so much GOOD, but I agree, it's starting to look like Springer. But we can't blame it all on Conda. NBC chooses what to put in the final cut. They could be a little classier about it. I'm glad to hear about Bob's post!

smad11 02-22-2012 11:56 AM

I agree with you SanityNow, I thought the part of the show where they talked about control was great.... same with the idea that a lack of self-control is an excuse... doesn't make it any easier to "get self-control" but I think it's better to look at it as something you can change rather than just "how you are"....

I agree that Daphne made a mistake with the switch, I understand somewhat why she did it... she was pissed off at Conda and so she took revenge... that's all it was... I thought it was so sad to watch all the black players go up on the scale and then lie about the small amount of weight they lost.... it was so obvious they aren't actors but real people because they definitely were terrible liars... I thought that when Cassandra (I think it was Cassandra) said that she felt terrible for agreeing to go with Conda's plan that maybe that would give her and the others some insight into the fact that Conda is directing everything... and a lot of the drama in the house stems from her... she wouldn't even shut up at the elimination. To me it made no sense to throw the weigh-in... I think they would have been much better off all trying their hardest to be the biggest looser, and then just vote Daphne off that way, if they really wanted Daphne off. Odds were anyway that Daphne wouldn't have a big weight loss after the loss she had last week... so one of the rest of them should have easily been able to beat her.

Anyway... I also wonder why the weight doesn't seem to be melting of the younger guys that have a lot to loose... just seems to be coming off so slowly... Maybe Conda will be gone next week... fingers crossed....

cherrypie 02-22-2012 02:20 PM

it's a shame really. I thought it was a great theme this season and some of the weekly themes have really resonated with me but they hardly get mentioned in between all the drama.

ontarget 02-22-2012 02:49 PM

I noticed Cassandra's mentioning that the throw in was Conda's idea, too. I am hoping the contestants start to "see" what Conda's doing to them. She's very good at manipulation.

cherrypie 02-22-2012 05:18 PM

ooooh this is posted on the tmz website this afternoon

Quote:

There's a big, fat problem on the set of "The Biggest Loser" -- TMZ has learned nearly all of the remaining contestants have walked off the show and are threatening to quit after learning about a secret "twist" that could seriously affect their shot at the $250,000 grand prize.

Multiple sources connected with the show tell us ... the mutiny took place this week ... when the losers got word that producers were considering bringing back previous contestants to compete for the grand prize.

We're told most of the current contestants were pissed -- feeling it was unfair that prior losers would get a second bite at the apple ... so they banded together and decided to protest by walking off the show in the middle of shooting an episode.

Sources tell us ... show honchos have shut down production for at least a week while they figure out how to handle the situation.

Italiannie 02-22-2012 05:24 PM

I saw that too.

Well, if most of the current players go home and they bring back some of the eliminated ones, I may tune back in. They have to get control over this show. I want inspirational stories and a positive experience.

cherrypie 02-22-2012 05:31 PM

looks like the drama doesn't subside. Wonder if viewer backlash has anything to do with the decision. And really, haven't people watched the show? producers are always trying to throw weird twists in to shake things up. What they should do is let all the remaining contestants walk right off the show and bring people back who actually are there to lose weight and not to create drama.

sapphiregirl 02-22-2012 05:46 PM

The BL execs need to see this group as a failure, as far as personalities go and do better. There is not a single person on the ranch right now that I can root for and even the coaches are getting on my nerves.

I need for Daphne to win the at home prize. As for everyone else, don't care. At all.

cherrypie 02-22-2012 05:49 PM

I like cassandra. But to be honest, I don't know a couple of them at all. They have barely had any screen time.