3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-winning-losing-184/)
-   -   Season 13! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-winning-losing/249637-season-13-a.html)

FatToFitWife 01-03-2012 10:51 AM

Season 13!

Yayy! New season starts tonight :)

peanutt 01-03-2012 11:40 AM

I'm excited! I'm so glad there wasn't a long delay between seasons this time.

ennay 01-03-2012 11:47 AM

Oh that reminds me I need to check the DVR. Last season it picked it up, but other seasons they had "season 10" in the title and so it didnt pick the new season.

I will NOT stay up to watch I will NOT stay up to watch.

FatToFitWife 01-03-2012 12:02 PM

LOL ... Me too! I have to dvr it! So tempting haha!

ennay 01-03-2012 12:05 PM

I actually liked the 2 episodes they bumped to 9-11 last season. 8 - 10 is too tempting.

runningfromfat 01-03-2012 12:10 PM

:woohoo:

Just subscribed to this thread and am ready to go. :corn: It was cool watching it last season because I was closer to their goal weights than their starting weight for once. :)

Pipergirl 01-03-2012 12:22 PM

Yay! I can't wait for tonight.

tinkerbelll 01-03-2012 12:37 PM

wait.....are yous talking about the Biggest Loser? A new season starts already????

EDIT: i just saw what the title of the thread was! LOL a doyeeee!!!

canadianwoman 01-03-2012 12:48 PM

I had forgotten about it. I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Caramel33 01-03-2012 03:59 PM

I'm looking forward to seeing it..... I hate I missed the challenge on 3FC for this season :(

Ilene 01-03-2012 09:04 PM

It's on!! I think it's going to be a good season :D

twish 01-03-2012 09:05 PM

Anyone watching now?

BethC 01-03-2012 09:07 PM

I'm here... Loving it!

Ilene 01-03-2012 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twish (Post 4155267)
Anyone watching now?

Yeppers :D

sunshine 01-04-2012 06:35 AM

great show!

Pipergirl 01-04-2012 06:46 AM

I also agree it was a great show!

maryshady 01-04-2012 07:32 AM

I really hate when they start the season by kicking someone off who thought they had made it to the ranch. I just think it is a evil thing to do.
But besides that I loved the episode. Dolvette looks better this season! So glad he is back.

MindiV 01-04-2012 08:27 AM

I liked this one a lot. Interesting people this time. I liked the pink/blue girl, Emily, who was an Olympic weightlifter. And the other pink/red girl, I forget her name, who was the pro wrestler. I think they'll be competitors.

Coondocks 01-04-2012 09:28 AM

I missed teh last ten minutes, who went home?

I actually like how they've split the pairs, it's not like they are alone and wont get to see their partner every day but they are going to realise that this journey is about them, can't lean so much on some one else. I like that.

EofAZ 01-04-2012 10:51 AM

Darn it, my husband and I carpool and his truck broke down yesterday and put him 4 hours behind. I had to wait for him (we commute to far to go home and come back) and didn't get home until 11:00 pm. Sure hope my DVR recorded it.

MindiV 01-04-2012 11:11 AM

I also liked how they split the teams...and how nobody was "super big" this season. Unless I'm mistaken (and I may be), nobody weighed more than 400 pounds. The numbers weren't shockingly huge (remember the 30+ pound first weeks last season?), but were respectable. Made for more evenly matched teams all around.

cherrypie 01-04-2012 12:52 PM

I liked the new contestants, I like the 2 trainer system, I liked that they split the teams up, like that they are more reasonable sizes this season

hated the way they sent a team home before they even started.

hated the over the top entrances the trainers made. Wtf was that?

I was really disturbed by all the puking and passing out though. How is that helpful in any way?

ennay 01-04-2012 01:00 PM

The puking...they play it up because of the drama. There is a physiological reason for it and it isnt as dangerous as it seems. If it is happening every workout it is a problem but it is a common body response to doing something not normally asked of the body. It's also a common response to an adrenaline surge. If you are severely out of shape it doesnt take that much to get there and add the uncomfortable nervousness of the situation its really to be expected. If you are really in shape it takes more which is why you dont see it as often later in the season even though they push them harder..

p.s. dont volunteer to be the finish line worker at a 5K with people who take it seriously. puke-o-rama. I know a sub-elite runner who pukes every single time.

BUT a 40 yard dash with no warmup? No wonder someone tore a hammy. Although usually it's quads on a dash. I used to tear mine every season on my first sprint to first base.

- - my one continues BL rant. -- do the contestants not ever WATCH this show? They always seem so shocked by the twists. And every season 2-3 players state "I thought they would go easy on us the first workout" Uh...why would you think that?

I wonder if they toned down the pre first weigh in buffet? Even with the smaller size the numbers were much lower than in past seasons

cherrypie 01-04-2012 01:17 PM

ok so puking may be normal, but passing out?

mizzie 01-04-2012 01:39 PM

The new season started already?!? Dang! I'm still catching up on the last season online! lol Well, I've missed the first one, but it's ok. I find I don't really get to like the people until there's only about half of them left anyway.

I'll have to be sure to catch it from now on though, it really does help keep me motivated.

mizzie 01-04-2012 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ennay (Post 4156235)
do the contestants not ever WATCH this show? They always seem so shocked by the twists.

I know, right? It drives me crazy when there's a challenge and the prize is... dun-dun-dun... immunity and the contestants all react like it's a huge shock. Yes, that's a great thing if you are on the show, but it's not like it's an uncommon prize. They have done it a time or two. Sheesh.

I understand being excited, but I don't understand the big shock.

ennay 01-04-2012 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mizzie (Post 4156314)
I know, right? It drives me crazy when there's a challenge and the prize is... dun-dun-dun... immunity and the contestants all react like it's a huge shock. Yes, that's a great thing if you are on the show, but it's not like it's an uncommon prize. They have done it a time or two. Sheesh.

I understand being excited, but I don't understand the big shock.

My favorite is always when they break up teams or switch trainers or something. It's SUCH a shock because they only do something like that oh....at LEAST once a season.

cherrypie 01-04-2012 02:48 PM

oh and what is up with Bob's hair? :lol:

I always think it's funny how shocked everyone is too. And on survivor how no one ever goes out in their back yard and practices making a fire before they get there lol

MindiV 01-04-2012 03:02 PM

Also, since when is Bob Mr. Bad Man? Wasn't he always mostly the nice trainer? Now he's got this maniacal laugh and crazy eyes, doing all sorts of yelling and stuff. I guess he's decided to out-Jillian the memory of Jillian...

ringmaster 01-05-2012 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maryshady (Post 4155720)
I really hate when they start the season by kicking someone off who thought they had made it to the ranch. I just think it is a evil thing to do.
But besides that I loved the episode. Dolvette looks better this season! So glad he is back.

yeah, I felt bad for them too. 50 pounds (I think it was?), or 25 pounds each seems like alot for a month at home. Although if they pull it off I can see how it can motivate people at home to see those contestants do it at home and not on the show.

cherrypie 01-05-2012 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ringmaster (Post 4158449)
yeah, I felt bad for them too. 50 pounds (I think it was?), or 25 pounds each seems like alot for a month at home. Although if they pull it off I can see how it can motivate people at home to see those contestants do it at home and not on the show.

she looked about as pissed off as I would be in her shoes :lol:

ennay 01-05-2012 06:12 PM

When they first announced the 50 lbs I thought it wouldn't be AS big a deal as it sounds because I had assumed the normal amount of pre first weigh in buffet, but since the other contestants had about half the normal first week weigh in, now I do think it will be seriously hard.

And yes. I hate that too.

runningfromfat 01-06-2012 01:49 PM

Another here who HATES that they kicked off one team right off the bat. It seems really rare that anyone ever makes it back on the ranch after those things (even when they DO lose a lot of weight!) and on top of that they never are able to catch up to the contestants in terms of weight loss. Seriously, WHY do they need to do that, ugh! And 50lbs is freaking A LOT. That's 25lbs each for a month. I can't even imagine that at my highest weight!!!

As for the partners splitting up. I like that also. There have definitely been partners who lean a little too heavily on each other and I have to wonder how they'll do once they are back on their own and life gets in the way. Besides it's not like they'll never see each other again on the ranch..

It was also nice to see "smaller" contestants simply because I'm sure they can get a lot out of being there too. ;) I have a feeling too we're going to see a female win this season again. The two strangers really seem like they'll be able to push hard and you do have a number of women there who are 300lbs+ so they do have a lot to lose too. None of the guys really stuck out as super competitive but then again it was just the first show.

Yay to another season! Oh, and congrats to Dolvett for finally beating bob!!!! It looks like the teams are much better matched than in pretty much ALL the previous seasons so it looks like it will be nice.

canadianwoman 01-06-2012 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by runningfromfat (Post 4159651)
That's 25lbs each for a month. I can't even imagine that at my highest weight!!!

It is totally do-able. Back when I was on Deal-A-Meal, I lost 27 pounds in my first month and for exercise I was doing one Richard Simmons workout tape everyday while eating 1800 calories on top of my normal daily life of raising two sons.

I might have to restart that again. :)

LeeLee953 01-06-2012 10:33 PM

I loved it I actually think I like Dulvett did not see it last year so I think I would have a love hate relationship with him but it is what i need to get my but in gear. I like the girl who was the weight lifter and I like Chisim so will be interesting to see who wins

curlymess13 01-07-2012 05:07 AM

It's going to be a great season! I really like Dolvett.

Lyla 01-07-2012 03:02 PM

Man i LOOOOOVE Dolvett body now, he improves himself as well and look so much better!.

Is not the first time they send a team home to give them a chance to get into the ranch, so i don't see why people get angry at it. As i see it in the same way that i sometimes see the whole show and contestants; Why do you have to enter a show to take control of yourself? ... i know, that is not the same to be away and just think about diet and excersice, but all the people in this and other boards do it at home, slower but steady, it can be done and sending a couple home, and if they can actually lose the amout of pounds, is a huge inspiration to the thousands that can not get into the ranch.

I don't get angry, i see it as more realistic inspiration to the people that dont hace the chance to be in the ranch. The only thing i would love to watch, is how they - at home - do it. 10 minutes of the show dedicated to them could be more inspirational.

ennay 01-08-2012 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lyla (Post 4161088)
The only thing i would love to watch, is how they - at home - do it. 10 minutes of the show dedicated to them could be more inspirational.

Yes. I would love if each week they did a blurb on the at home contestants. Just a peek. Of course they would skew it for drama so if you saw them working hard then you would know they lost like 49 lbs and missed or if all you saw was them struggling then they would lose 75.

runningfromfat 01-09-2012 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ennay (Post 4163224)
Yes. I would love if each week they did a blurb on the at home contestants. Just a peek. Of course they would skew it for drama so if you saw them working hard then you would know they lost like 49 lbs and missed or if all you saw was them struggling then they would lose 75.

I would love that too. However, I HATE how predictable biggest loser is at times. You can almost always tell from the order that you hear comments or who they are focusing on all week who is going home, ugh!

ringmaster 01-10-2012 03:02 AM

probably old news, but Jillian Michaels left The Doctors show... when asked about returning to the biggest loser her representative said "never say never" hmmm...