Old 01-07-2012, 08:51 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 250/192/140

Height: 5' 6"

DAMIERE:
I'm impressed with your unique form of exercise - got to have some fun!

MARY:
Happy Belated Birthday!
Naughty

Last edited by munchey; 01-07-2012 at 09:02 PM.
Old 01-08-2012, 07:38 AM   #77  
Getting There!

S/C/G: 228/ticker/155

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning Red Team and Welcome to our first weigh in!

Happy Belated Birthday Mary! What a great gift to give yourself. A new year and a new you as they say

I hope you all had a good kick off week. Getting back on track can be hard but once you get a routine down the weeks start to fly

I had a good week really sticking to my nutrition. I'm joining a womens exercise group and I hope that will keep the other side of my fitness goals on track.

I am so close to making my 1 year goal.

Question for the Team: Do any of you know of a recipe website that has good healthy meals ideas? I do a lot of searching and have compiled a few myself but I'm always looking for new ideas.
Old 01-08-2012, 11:03 AM   #78  

S/C/G: 250/192/140

Height: 5' 6"

K3LL36 & RED TEAMMATES:
I'm excited to share this new recipe source with you. I heard about "Hungry Girl" and her website yesterday while listening to a talk radio show on food. I checked it out and I was impressed. While listening during the show she talked about a 100-calorie margarita that taste like the high-calorie version and a low calorie baked onion ring recipe.

I understand that she has a show on a Cable TV channel - The Food Network, I believe. She, also, has several books for sale. You can sign up for her emails (sends out recipes), and there are many great recipes on her website. Upon first glance yesterday, I saw two recipes that I want to try one for carrot soup and another for a low-calorie chile recipe (100 calories per serving).

I think there is a problem with posting links, here is the address that you can copy and paste into a browser window or you could google Hungry Girl and find her as well

http://www.hungry-girl.com

Check it out, you might find an opportunity for some new healthy, low-calorie dishes to fall in love with.
Munchey

Old 01-08-2012, 02:38 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Hello ladies-
Yes Happy Weigh in Day!!

I like visiting eat8020 dot com for recipe ideas.

I'm currently reading wheat belly which discusses the ill effects due to wheat gluten.

Please be sure to post your weight on the Red Team Weigh in Thread by 6:00 pm central time tonight.

If you do not post you weight by that time, you will use one of your freebie's.

Also- please note, your starting weight is the weight you posted on the sign-up thread.

Otherwise hope all is going well and you are having an enjoyable weekend.
Old 01-08-2012, 09:55 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 202/195/140

Height: 5'3"

Browsing through the weigh-in thread....we're doing awesome!!! I feel so proud of us.
Old 01-08-2012, 10:30 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

I'll have to check out Hungry Girl too! I use the Cook This, Not That! cookbooks. I really love them. I bet you can find some of those recipes online if you don't want to buy the books (but I think they're worth it)!
Old 01-08-2012, 11:55 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Hello RED TEAM !!

Way to go- you made it through week 1.

Here are our preliminary results. I'm waiting to hear from Leslieb with the Blue team results. Official results may not be posted for a day or two.

We did great as a team- we lost a total of 35.3 pounds as a team or 0.56 %!!

Red Team Biggest Loser for Week 1
Daimere (-9.8 lbs, 3.67%)

Red Team Honourable Mentions for Week 1
Kris2008 (-3.2 lbs, 1.86%)
omgzitsmiranda (-4.2 lbs, 1.62%)
peanutt (-2.4 lbs, 1.52%)

We had a number of people use freebies as they missed the weigh in time or didn't record a weight at all.
You can post your weight anytime during the week- it just needs to be done before 6:00pm central time on Sunday.

Members who didn't weigh in (freebie used):
cakenomore
rated
loose seal
miatutu
jessymessy3196
baseballmomof3
bizryn
aka8941

Last edited by CanadaMel; 01-08-2012 at 11:55 PM.
Old 01-09-2012, 12:32 AM   #83  
going for gold

Talking

Hello everyone!!!

congratulations to everyone for doing so well on their weight losses this week!!

Munchey i LOVE reading your posts!!! they are all so positive i just love your attitude and its been rubbing off on me today so thank you for that

went to the dietician on friday, went really well, i was suprised though, i was expecting her to cut out all sorts of foods etc, but that didnt happen, for the next two weeks i need to retrain myself/my body, so no more meals infront of my pc at work or tv at home, i have to eat SLOWER and not guzzel, i have to have breaky each day, and stick to a half plate veg quarter plate meat and quarter plate carbs... so far so good :P alo have to keep a food diary for the two weeks and rate how hungry or full i am before and after each meal.

looking forward to this week!! and i hope everyone has a fabulous time losing those kilos...

Last edited by Andynoo; 01-09-2012 at 12:44 AM.
Old 01-09-2012, 12:38 AM   #84  
Winner by Losing

S/C/G: 201/162/140

Height: 5'3" if I stand up really straight!

Congratulations Daimere & the honorables for the week!!!!