Old 01-02-2012, 11:30 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 312/ticker/150

Height: 5' 6"

Hi Everyone!

Let's make this week the best weight loss week of our lives (until the next week)!

Mel: I'm studying Epidemiology and cannot wait until I graduate next year. I just got to finish this damn dissertation.

And if I keep to my 1 lb/week loss for this challenge, then I will have met my initial weight loss GOAL! LET'S DO THIS!!!

Last edited by princessgina00; 01-02-2012 at 11:33 PM.
Old 01-03-2012, 12:31 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 250/192/140

Height: 5' 6"

OK RED TEAM - LETS KILL THAT FAT! - WE CAN DO IT!
Old 01-03-2012, 07:26 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 199/160/149

Height: 5.5

Hi everyone!!! My name is Mary. This is probably my 5th challenge but I have only completed 2. I plan on finishing this one thru. I am soon to be 46! eek! Married for 24 years to my wonderful dh. Three kids (Jon-28, Alyssa-21, Julia-19) a daughter in law & 1 granddaughter (Liv-4). Been overweight most of my adult life. Morbid obesity runs in my family. My mom was always well over 350 lbs. And we lost her 10 years ago because of it. I have a brother who is over 400 lbs (but thanks to hcg he has lost 75 lbs this year) and a sis who had gastric bypass some years ago to help her lose over 150 lbs.

I am up about 10 lbs from my lowest weight of 158 but I plan on counting calories and working out at least 1 hour per day, 6 days per week for the month of Jan. Then another round of hcg in Feb to finally get me to my goal of 149 which actually gets me into the normal category for height and weight.

Very excited to get to know all of you.

Last edited by maryshady; 01-03-2012 at 07:26 AM.
Old 01-03-2012, 07:31 AM   #34  
Getting There!

S/C/G: 228/ticker/155

Height: 5'6"

Hello Red Team!

I've been on the weight loss track for almost a year now and I want this challenge to finally get me to my goal!

I'm kicking it into high gear for this challenge with my serious nutrition and exercise program so wish me luck and I'll root for all or you too!

We can do it together. A bit of competition makes things more fun
Old 01-03-2012, 07:41 AM   #35  
Born Again Dieter

S/C/G: 251/247/150

Height: 5'6.5"

Good Morning all!

I'm about to have my morning coffee and figure out where to start my day. I have a lot of errands to run, but I can't do most of them until noon since I am waiting for a West Coast office to open to send me a fax for the first part of my errands. So I am going to do some house chores and cuddle lots with my DD (15 mos) because as soon as I get this fax she's enrolled in daycare and will start the next day. AHHHHH - I haven't had her in daycare yet. I'm a little nervous. School starts Monday and I am more than excited to get that started.

Today I am going to focus on water intake as I have been awful at this in the last year. I think it is going to be the foundation of my weight loss - it seems I don't lose nearly fast enough if I don't drink big amounts of it.
Old 01-03-2012, 08:53 AM   #36  
... and a piece of toast.

S/C/G: 170 >:(/152/135

Height: 5'2" <-- well, almost

Let's kick it into gear, ladies! Do one thing more today than you did yesterday. . . . walk an extra 5 minutes, do 5 extra situps or jumping jacks, eat one less food that isn't OP. Let's rock this challenge and trounce the blue team!

Last edited by loose seal; 01-03-2012 at 12:41 PM.
Old 01-03-2012, 10:30 AM   #37  
just do it!

S/C/G: 269/150/150

Height: 5'4"

Hi team! It's good to be back! This is my third BL Challenge. Last year at this time I was about 70 lbs heavier and the BL Challenges were definitely part of what helped me get to where I am now. I'm a competitive person by nature and I want to see us all successful in this endeavor. My mantra for these challenges has become "stand up and finish what you started". If you drop off and stop reporting in, you're only hurting yourself. If you stick with this thing through lose, gain or maintain then you're going to be miles ahead in the long run. Make the commitment to report in each week (that you're able to) and stay accountable for what you're doing.

I'm buckling down in the new year to get the last 10-15 lbs off and get to my healthy goal weight. The holiday break definitely showed me that I enjoy how I feel when I'm eating right and exercising much more than that bloated, lazy, icky feeling that I get when I eat crap and don't move!
Old 01-03-2012, 03:22 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

How is the red team doing today?
I've drank 40 oz of water so far and have taken the stairs -all 182 of them 2 times so far today.
We took our youngest daughter out to breakfast this morning. Didnt make the healthiest choice- spinach & cheese on a buckwheat crepe, but I only ate half and didn't succumb when the waitress asked if I wanted bacon
Old 01-03-2012, 03:46 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Hi Red Team!

My name's Lauren and I'm 22 years old. I started my weight loss journey in May 2011. Since then I've lost 45lbs and I want to lose 45 more. I started this with my [ex]boyfriend, who broke up with me last week after almost two years together. It was a huge blow, obviously, and I'm afraid it will affect my weight loss. Right now I feel sort of "what's the point" about everything. I'm glad to have this challenge to help keep me on track. I've been running since May too and I've done a few 5Ks and a 10K. I'm just starting my training for a half marathon. I also just graduated from college last week so I'm looking for a job and a place to live. A lot has changed in my life in the past 7 months but hopefully it is all for the best.
Old 01-03-2012, 04:13 PM   #40  

So far, so good for me. Exercise done, eating OP, water being consumed. Dinner will be a ground beef/pasta/veggie casserole I'm adapting from a pork recipe. Wanted to use chicken but . . . can you believe I'm outta boneless chicken? Oh and cat food. The holidays done derailed me from everything!

Last edited by loose seal; 01-03-2012 at 04:15 PM.
Old 01-03-2012, 05:57 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 193/153.4/145

Height: 5'6" Low Carb WOE

Aww Lauren, That guy will be extra sorry when you get to goal and you are your new hot self. Don't let the changes in your life set you back too far. You have so much to look forward to, even if most of it is unknown at this point. Congrats on graduating What is your degree?

Me- I'm up to 65oz of water today
Old 01-03-2012, 08:01 PM   #42  

Hi Red Team,
I din't want to work out today, I didn't want to work out today, I didn't want to work out today, really I didn't. Went anyway, just got back, did couch to 5k, first day, lifted weights and ended with 15 minutes on the elliptical, burned 469 calories. But I still didn't want to work out today.
Bette K
Old 01-03-2012, 08:31 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

WTG Bette!! You rock!
I'm walking the dog which will put me over the 10k steps for the day. Then home for dinner. Dh is making pasta, but I will supplement with loads of veggies, plus my remaining 15 oz of water.

Make good choices and have a great night
Old 01-03-2012, 10:05 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Zogo - Thanks. :/ I'm trying to tell myself that. It's just hard. And my degree is in biology. I'm hoping to find work as a research assistant and work my way up, or get them to pay for me to get a masters degree. I like lab work and outdoor work so I'm pretty open to the kind of job I would take, too. And since we broke up I kind of want to move away. There's nothing holding me here now, you know? I can go anywhere I want now.
Old 01-03-2012, 10:20 PM   #45  

Bette k . . . . that is how you git her done. Excellent job!